PDA

View Full Version : How many on destiny?

BRAVO872
October 3rd, 2009, 04:32 PM
How many came through the gate and made it to destiny?

Coronach
October 3rd, 2009, 04:40 PM
I'd say between seventy-thousand and eleventy-billion.

Oh, and Joseph Mallozzi and other PTB have said it was around 80 :P

jelgate
October 3rd, 2009, 04:42 PM
When Sam is talking to Jack she says 88 from the Icarus Base are MIA. Given that Senator Armstrong is dead I'd say 87:P

Coronach
October 3rd, 2009, 04:44 PM
When Sam is talking to Jack she says 88 from the Icarus Base are MIA. Given that Senator Armstrong is dead I'd say 87:P

Yeah, what Jel said :o

BRAVO872
October 3rd, 2009, 05:26 PM
Another one died soon after they came through so thats 86.

Splinter MM
October 3rd, 2009, 06:28 PM
It might be a few under 87. A couple of others may have died without Carter knowing. For instance Dr.Simms (i think that was his name) could not be saved, and no one else may have known he died besides TJ and Young.

Regardless, that is a good amount of people. Enough to have some throw away characters, and then some used occasionally. It was weird seeing people that looked like senior citizens there. I wonder how much they will be shown.

Captain Obvious
October 3rd, 2009, 08:55 PM
88 MIA.

Doctor dead
Senator dead

So max 86

lunarleviathan
October 4th, 2009, 03:20 AM
Max 87 if they know about the Doctor, max 86 if they don't. Really though I'd put my money on min 79 since we know there are around 80 who evacuate to the Destiny and 1 on-ship death. Surely there were were more than max 1 unconfirmed deaths on the base? Seems reasonable.

fwupow
October 4th, 2009, 03:56 AM
Yes, but are they ALONE?

Lt. Mathew Scott was the first one through the gate and aboard the Destiny and he had air to breath, adequate air pressure and artificial gravity.

If the Destiny had no life aboard, why was life support turned on?
The ship would certainly have been programmed to be smarter than to run life support and A.G. for no reason.

The condition of the CO2 scrubbers suggested that life support had been running for quite a long time. Why?

Do the computer systems of the Destiny believe that someone or something in need of oxygen and gravity has been alive onboard for many years? If so, why? Malfunction or reality?

SG7
October 7th, 2009, 07:03 AM
Yes, but are they ALONE?

Lt. Mathew Scott was the first one through the gate and aboard the Destiny and he had air to breath, adequate air pressure and artificial gravity.

If the Destiny had no life aboard, why was life support turned on?
The ship would certainly have been programmed to be smarter than to run life support and A.G. for no reason.

The condition of the CO2 scrubbers suggested that life support had been running for quite a long time. Why?

Do the computer systems of the Destiny believe that someone or something in need of oxygen and gravity has been alive onboard for many years? If so, why? Malfunction or reality?

I wondered that too. I thought at first that maybe the computer was designed to automatically start up life support as soon as anything dialed into the destiny gate as from what we can tell the gate would have only been used to dial out as it would be seeding.

Captain Obvious
October 7th, 2009, 07:14 AM

maybe the ship was originally planned to be inhabited not long after launch, but other things came up. Also, if there are no beings on board, the Co2 scrubbers wouldn't be working very hard, which would mean the reason they are no longer working is due to age, not overuse.

major davis
October 7th, 2009, 07:23 AM
Sam said 80 plus not 88.

techwork
October 7th, 2009, 04:37 PM
Sam said 80 plus not 88.

Hmm 88 - good number :)

Encoder
October 7th, 2009, 06:27 PM
It might be a few under 87. A couple of others may have died without Carter knowing. For instance Dr.Simms (i think that was his name) could not be saved, and no one else may have known he died besides TJ and Young.

Regardless, that is a good amount of people. Enough to have some throw away characters, and then some used occasionally. It was weird seeing people that looked like senior citizens there. I wonder how much they will be shown.

Ahhhh so we've got some red-shirts...kewl :)

:sheppard:

Mrja84
October 7th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Yeah what IS up with those senior citizens. What were they doing there?

Pharaoh Atem
October 7th, 2009, 09:21 PM

i plan on doing a personal survivor count to see if TPTB remember how many people are on destiny :)

Cold Fuzz
October 8th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Yeah what IS up with those senior citizens. What were they doing there?

Probably researchers and scientists. Most of the science support crew, people like Franklin, Volker, and Palmer, are people in their 30s and 40s. No doubt some of them are going to bite the bullet at some point.

Grin
October 9th, 2009, 04:21 AM
Not enough people really..considering BSG ran out of people by the third season.

The Prophet
October 9th, 2009, 04:28 AM
They could always introduce new people.

On Lost, they started off with a few survivors.

Then they found a couple scattered around the island, then they found more suvivors, then they found inhabitants on the island already, then they were visited by a freighter full of people, then they crashed again on the island, and went back in time to the previous inhabitants of the island.

Or BSG, where they came across the Pegasus.

It's easy in any show to introduce additional cast members, they could find a planet of like-wise stranded people, or recieve additional people through the Gate for whatever reason, help and supplies coming through. They could return home, then decide that they need to return again, etc.

Ekras
October 24th, 2009, 01:22 PM
OK here is a question that has been irking me.

How many people actually survived the attack on Icarus Base, and made it to the Destiny. The closest we have seen is Gen. O'neills conversation with Carter where they say "80+" unaccounted for.

Assuming not everyone made it to the gate, that would mean ~50-80 survivors on the ship. Using 80 as a base, we are already down 3 (Sen. Armstrong and the two lost on the Desert world) in 4 episodes.

I know they are looking at killing off a lot more throughout just this season. Are there enough survivors on the ship to last 5+ seasons? At the current rate of almost 1 lost per episode, the ship would be empty in 4 seasons!

They need to find a way to get more people to the ship somehow to keep the show going. They don't necessarily have to be from Earth of course.

The proper solution would have been to have had more people make it there in the first place (I was hoping they would have a few hundred people stranded) but since they passed this road, how are they going to get new blood on the ship without opening up a plot hole of why they can't use the same method to get back home.

escyos
October 24th, 2009, 09:54 PM
i dont think many people will die so quickly, who knows maybe they meet some ancients, or furlings out there, maybe they help evacuate a dying world and the alien people join them. (these aliens cant do anything except excrete coffee beans and tell whimsical jokes)

Pharaoh Atem
November 14th, 2009, 04:35 PM
i still say 88

escyos
November 14th, 2009, 05:08 PM
there are 11 people on destiny...only 11, no more, no less

Deevil
November 14th, 2009, 10:03 PM
None. Destiny is only a figment of the imagination. Kind of like fate, hope and luck.

AtlantisForever
November 16th, 2009, 04:10 AM
theres around 80, i believe it dose tell you in the episode.

ZER017
November 16th, 2009, 12:27 PM
Hey everyone,

Sam says 80 plus MIA in the first episode with 4 dead.

Deceased:

Senator Armstrong (Episode 2)
Curtis (Considered dead or Destiny left him behind) (Episode 3)
Palmer (Considered dead or Destiny left her behind) (Episode 3)
Corporal Gorman (Episode 6)

So 89 (maximum minus 4) means 85 max.

major davis
November 17th, 2009, 11:59 AM
You know I'm going to think optimistically. Maybe Sam miscalculated or maybe a rescue team couldn't make it to the outside in Tim and just had to evacuate through the gate. I think we could even say there are 90-95 people on the destiny and get away with it.

satan87
November 18th, 2009, 06:25 AM
I think they were about 50 ... waou
85 seems a lot when we saw scene with all people ( like the lottery )

sunrek
December 7th, 2009, 12:03 PM
How do we know all of the MIA made it to the gate and through to Destiny before the planet blew up? Sam beamed everyone outside the base up, and everyone trapped in the gate room went through the gate, but maybe some people we trapped elsewhere in the base and didn't make it out? So ~80 (or whatever Sam said) is the maximum possible, but not necessarily the actual number.

I say 75. Just for fun.

MSCA
December 10th, 2009, 01:54 PM
Hey everyone,

Sam says 80 plus MIA in the first episode with 4 dead.

Deceased:

Senator Armstrong (Episode 2)
Curtis (Considered dead or Destiny left him behind) (Episode 3)
Palmer (Considered dead or Destiny left her behind) (Episode 3)
Corporal Gorman (Episode 6)

So 89 (maximum minus 4) means 85 max.

Could you please use spoiler tags? I thought this episode folder should be spoiler free for next episodes?

MSCA
December 10th, 2009, 01:56 PM
How do we know all of the MIA made it to the gate and through to Destiny before the planet blew up? Sam beamed everyone outside the base up, and everyone trapped in the gate room went through the gate, but maybe some people we trapped elsewhere in the base and didn't make it out? So ~80 (or whatever Sam said) is the maximum possible, but not necessarily the actual number.

I say 75. Just for fun.

I thought Young was the last to leave the base and he made sure no one (alive) was left behind.