PDA

View Full Version : Who here does not like the Asgard?

Teendragon
May 12th, 2004, 11:58 AM
I sort of like the asghard but not really , come on they have had thousands of years to develop new technologies , well i havent seen that much , come on , they develop really slow , that is why the ancients were way more advanced because they are like human creativity , the asghard need to keep on researching on the new bodies of their ancestors and stuff , i would really like them then , they are so small and fragile :eek:

Elwe Singollo
May 12th, 2004, 12:24 PM
I do agree, but they are the ones who did help with the 'big' little things, such as keeping the Stargate under Hammond's control, etc..

Crazedwraith
May 12th, 2004, 12:56 PM
1) It's spelt Asgard.
2) Why is this in the season 6 folder?
3)So what if the asgard are slow learners? They have a few millenia heardstart on us!

SGSlugger
May 12th, 2004, 03:08 PM
I get where you're coming from, but I have to disagree.
We haven't really seen a lot of Asgard tech probably because we haven't been around their spaceships and worlds enough. Do you think that the first day Jonas arrived he saw everything we had?
Maybe they don't need to develop new technologies? Perhaps it was a hobby for the Ancients to come up with new stuff? :p

Spoilers probably....
They were with a war with the replicators! They devoted all their time to that (who knows how long the reps have been around) and trying to save their species. Not to be rude, but, if your race was dying I don't think that you'd find it wrong to spend a lot of time trying to fix it.

Elwe Singollo
May 13th, 2004, 08:44 PM
Yah i totally agree with you slugger.

Teendragon
May 14th, 2004, 10:06 AM
ok ok , you guys win , but you do have ot agree humans are going to be more powerfull than the asgard in about , well i give it 300 years with all of the aliances theyve been doing :eek: , and i put it in season six , well i dont know why , oh i think its cause i was alredy there , and well i have dial up so , you know where im going , i dont want to wait that much

Mike
May 14th, 2004, 08:44 PM
I doubt it. We don't exactly know how smart the Asgard actually are. I am assuming the Asgard are more advanced than the Ancients now, because of their improved teleportation technologies.

The Asgard function oddly. I think the Ancients retained their "stupid idea" capable brains, while the Asgard try to approach everything systematically and logically like a math problem, which isn't always the best way.

We all have our flaws.

Mio
May 15th, 2004, 07:00 AM
And the ancients appear to think ahead more than the asgard. Their technology is built to last, and last, and last. The stargates can withstand being thrown into a sun for a good period of time. Most of their technology still functions after god knows how many years of dust collecting, and they left the ability for their civilization to remain after they die (The repositories of knowledge)

Jprime
May 15th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Dude the asgard are wicked cool---the fact that they are nudists is proof enough of their advanced nature...we have no way of knowing how long thier gadgets last because they have opted to stay in our universe.

Elwe Singollo
May 15th, 2004, 01:29 PM
:) Good point! Although i'm laughing

the_fours
May 15th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Dude the asgard are wicked cool---the fact that they are nudists is proof enough of their advanced nature

maybe one day humanity will reach the same level of advancement
*smiles at idea*

Elwe Singollo
May 15th, 2004, 02:24 PM
Lets hope :)

Jprime
May 15th, 2004, 04:40 PM
I wonder if the Asgard became nudists when they became sterile (a slow process) or when they became super-advanced (an extremely slow process)...

SaberBlade
May 15th, 2004, 09:32 PM
I wonder if the Asgard became nudists when they became sterile (a slow process) or when they became super-advanced (an extremely slow process)...

who said they even wore clothes? they may have always been nude as welll as sex crazes (which would explain why don't wear clothes and why they want to breed again)

Teendragon
June 2nd, 2004, 11:38 AM
they dont have a thing , so why do they wear clothes? , i hope they reverse their physiology so they look like the frozen asghard from 30,000 years ago :cool:

shinyredpants
June 2nd, 2004, 05:28 PM
i wanna evolve to the point where i dont have to wear clothes!

Torley
June 2nd, 2004, 10:28 PM
I'm thinkin' here that the Asgard are kind of not "hungry for the food" as they should be and kind of complacent and arrogant in their own way. I mean, I like Thor a lot, but look at the big mistake he made underestimating Osiris and Anubis. They have book smarts, but not a lot of street smarts, and certainly aren't very physically strong... maybe we'll see Asgard fight in enhanced mech armor suits like Japanese anime or that movie Aliens... j/k (sort of)

But they have learned a lot from O'Neill, who has taught them the earthy value of humility and smartass comments.

Elwe Singollo
June 5th, 2004, 02:43 PM
I would like to see any Asgard alien dude control a 'robot' of some sort and fight in it, although in my opinion, it would look funky, or maybe it wouldn't, it would be really interesting :)

Mio
June 5th, 2004, 04:47 PM
I would like to see any Asgard alien dude control a 'robot' of some sort and fight in it, although in my opinion, it would look funky, or maybe it wouldn't, it would be really interesting :)

I can see it now, little Asgards controlling the robots from The Matrix: Revolutions....

Elwe Singollo
June 5th, 2004, 07:58 PM
I can see it now, little Asgards controlling the robots from The Matrix: Revolutions....That would be amazing :) Haha, but instead of 'bullets' it would be lasers of some sort, but in my head, that would look funny...

Torley
June 5th, 2004, 10:21 PM
Maybe their big robot exoskeletons would look like hill giants or something like that out of Norse mythology? Or they could have like a Valkyrie-shaped space train . . .

Apepi
June 6th, 2004, 12:25 AM
The asghard are cool little beings,and anyway MIcheal Shanks does Thors voice,which you all know but I only noticed it last nigtht(thick i know) which makes the Jack and Thor Relationship mean more.Well it does to me anyway. Kel shek Anubis,you out there anywere kree Apophis :eek:

Anubis
June 6th, 2004, 01:27 AM
I never knew that Michael Shanks did the voice of Thor until season six, episode Promethus. It seems he made another one appearance that nobody really knew about

Torley
June 6th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Yeah he played that old dude Machello in that episode I haven't seen yet :) I think Michael Shanks didn't do Thor's voice in the earlier episodes either. Cool factoid I found out reading the credits. And oh yeah, he's married to Lexa Doig (Rommie, haha... now that'd be a fun sci-fi crossover) and he was in a relationship with the actress who played Sha're in real life!

Anubis
June 6th, 2004, 02:44 AM
I think it was RDA who done the voice originally. I'm not sure

gate traveler
July 4th, 2004, 11:48 AM
The asgard have the most awesome space ships!

Selmak
July 10th, 2004, 09:20 PM
I like them in concept... but not in practice... they never help when we need them...

Mio
July 11th, 2004, 03:14 AM
Spoilers season 8 new order

Highlight:
The replicators literally wiped out their civilization. give them some credit. They had to copy asgard minds into the computers of their ships and then destroy their original bodies in order to save people! All of their colonies except one (Orilla) Were gone!
End Spoilers

Anubis
July 11th, 2004, 03:24 AM
Yeah, the replicators caused some damage

aAnubiSs
July 11th, 2004, 06:39 AM
I love the Asgard!

Elwe Singollo
July 11th, 2004, 02:06 PM
I like them in concept... but not in practice... they never help when we need them...Until we actually drag their lazy butts, then they do :) Haha...

AgentX
July 11th, 2004, 02:19 PM
The Asgard are great, they cannot be expected to get Earth out of all the jams we get into. Otherwise we would never learn, the Asgard themselves also have problems and can't be expected to be there at our beckon call. Most episodes with Asgard involvement turn out to be good ones IMHO

Hohenzollern
July 11th, 2004, 02:34 PM
I love their ships, especially the latest advanced designs.

Just ONCE, I would like to see an Asgard fleet pound some Goa'ould motherships.

As they have to rebuild their empire, we may not see it, but I can hope!

At least they nailed that replicator ship as it exited hyperspace above the Asgard colony. It was so frustrating to see them beaten by Anubis' new shields in an earlier episode.

Elwe Singollo
July 11th, 2004, 02:39 PM
I think in the S5 finale, where Anubis's ship was better than the Asgard ships, near the end of the episode where Anubis is running after them, they are saved by three Asgard ships saying it is far more powerful than the previous ships that Anubis has encountered, then he runs away. So i'm guessing at the time, Anubis's ship may have been superior, but couldn't go against three Asgard (better) ships.

aAnubiSs
July 11th, 2004, 02:44 PM
I think in the S5 finale, where Anubis's ship was better than the Asgard ships, near the end of the episode where Anubis is running after them, they are saved by three Asgard ships saying it is far more powerful than the previous ships that Anubis has encountered, then he runs away. So i'm guessing at the time, Anubis's ship may have been superior, but couldn't go against three Asgard (better) ships.

Well Thor came in a Beliskner which probably was their standard vessel, then 3 "O'Neills came" (I guess the class name could be Mjolnir)

Elwe Singollo
July 11th, 2004, 02:46 PM
Yep, i didn't know the ship classes though :)

aAnubiSs
July 11th, 2004, 03:01 PM
Now you do... atleast for a while :>

Anubis
July 11th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Yeah, the Asgard were saved by three gigantic asgard motherships. Otherwise Anubis would have won

Elwe Singollo
July 11th, 2004, 11:13 PM
Now you do... atleast for a while :>Hehe, i don't pay attention to that, cause yah, i'm occupied with something else, haha, all i knew and understood, was that three very big ships came and saved them :D