This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who here does not like the Asgard?

I sort of like the asghard but not really , come on they have had thousands of years to develop new technologies , well i havent seen that much , come on , they develop really slow , that is why the ancients were way more advanced because they are like human creativity , the asghard need to keep on researching on the new bodies of their ancestors and stuff , i would really like them then , they are so small and fragile

I do agree, but they are the ones who did help with the 'big' little things, such as keeping the Stargate under Hammond's control, etc..
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

1) It's spelt Asgard.
      2) Why is this in the season 6 folder?
      3)So what if the asgard are slow learners? They have a few millenia heardstart on us!
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

I get where you're coming from, but I have to disagree.
        We haven't really seen a lot of Asgard tech probably because we haven't been around their spaceships and worlds enough. Do you think that the first day Jonas arrived he saw everything we had?
        Maybe they don't need to develop new technologies? Perhaps it was a hobby for the Ancients to come up with new stuff?

Spoilers probably....
        They were with a war with the replicators! They devoted all their time to that (who knows how long the reps have been around) and trying to save their species. Not to be rude, but, if your race was dying I don't think that you'd find it wrong to spend a lot of time trying to fix it.
        Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
        Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
        Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
        Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
        Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
        Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
        Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Yah i totally agree with you slugger.

Comment

ok ok , you guys win , but you do have ot agree humans are going to be more powerfull than the asgard in about , well i give it 300 years with all of the aliances theyve been doing , and i put it in season six , well i dont know why , oh i think its cause i was alredy there , and well i have dial up so , you know where im going , i dont want to wait that much

Comment

I doubt it. We don't exactly know how smart the Asgard actually are. I am assuming the Asgard are more advanced than the Ancients now, because of their improved teleportation technologies.

The Asgard function oddly. I think the Ancients retained their "stupid idea" capable brains, while the Asgard try to approach everything systematically and logically like a math problem, which isn't always the best way.

We all have our flaws.
              Vae Victus - Livy

Comment

And the ancients appear to think ahead more than the asgard. Their technology is built to last, and last, and last. The stargates can withstand being thrown into a sun for a good period of time. Most of their technology still functions after god knows how many years of dust collecting, and they left the ability for their civilization to remain after they die (The repositories of knowledge)
                sigpic

Comment

Dude the asgard are wicked cool---the fact that they are nudists is proof enough of their advanced nature...we have no way of knowing how long thier gadgets last because they have opted to stay in our universe.
                  [email protected]
                  http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                  One nation under dog
                  There of which I stand alone
                  A face in the crowd
                  Unsung, against the mold
                  Without a doubt
                  Singled out
                  The only way I know

Comment

Good point! Although i'm laughing

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                      Dude the asgard are wicked cool---the fact that they are nudists is proof enough of their advanced nature
                      maybe one day humanity will reach the same level of advancement
                      *smiles at idea*

Comment

Lets hope

Comment

I wonder if the Asgard became nudists when they became sterile (a slow process) or when they became super-advanced (an extremely slow process)...
                          [email protected]
                          http://underworld-x.com

I pledge allegiance to the underworld
                          One nation under dog
                          There of which I stand alone
                          A face in the crowd
                          Unsung, against the mold
                          Without a doubt
                          Singled out
                          The only way I know

Comment

Originally posted by Jprime
                            I wonder if the Asgard became nudists when they became sterile (a slow process) or when they became super-advanced (an extremely slow process)...
                            who said they even wore clothes? they may have always been nude as welll as sex crazes (which would explain why don't wear clothes and why they want to breed again)

sigpic

Comment

they dont have a thing , so why do they wear clothes? , i hope they reverse their physiology so they look like the frozen asghard from 30,000 years ago

Comment

Working...
                              X