Emmy Award, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emmy Award, anyone?

After watching the "Air" pilot, I have just one thing to ask; how long will it be before the show gets nominated for an Emmy for Visual Effects, because WOW were those shots amazing! The Icarus Base, the battle with the Hammond, shots of the Destiny, even the wormhole effects looked great. I think this could finally be the year Stargate wins the Big Award.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
    After watching the "Air" pilot, I have just one thing to ask; how long will it be before the show gets nominated for an Emmy for Visual Effects, because WOW were those shots amazing! The Icarus Base, the battle with the Hammond, shots of the Destiny, even the wormhole effects looked great. I think this could finally be the year Stargate wins the Big Award.
    Maybe. I don't want to speculate too much on this, but the visual effects were quite stunning...I must agree. It's certainly a possibility.
    Sig by Pandora's Box
    sigpic

Comment

I have to agree the visual effects were pretty awesome, certainly on a par with BSG IMO.
      I loved the new look to the Ha'Taks, Destiny looks awesome and the close in shots of the Hammond just looked stunning, Icarus was awesome as well.

I think everything is just that bit more refined and it'd definitely have my vote.

Comment

BSG didn't win an Emmy for VFX, Heroes did. I doubt SGU will win Emmy
        Stolen Kosovo
        sigpic

Comment

Atlantis was nominated for visual emmys. I can't see why SGU won't be the same.
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

SG1 was also Emmy nominated...

1998, Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Dramatic Underscore) - Joel Goldsmith, - For episode "The Nox"

1998, Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series, - For episode "Children of the Gods"

2001, Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series, - For episode "Small Victories”

2002, Special Visual Effects for a Series:, - "Stargate SG-1: Enemies," Showtime

2002, Special Visual Effects for a Series:, - "Stargate SG-1: Revelations," Showtime.

2004, Special Visual Effects for a Series - Stargate SG-1: "Lost City Part 2" --, Michelle Comens, Visual Effects Supervisor, James Tichenor, Visual Effects Producer. Shannon Gurney, Visual Effects Coordinator, Bruce G. Woloshyn, Lead Visual Effects Compositor, Chris Doll, Lead Visual Effects Compositor, James Halverson, Lead Matte Artist, Craig Van Den Biggelaar, CGI Supervisor Krista McLean, Lead CGI Artist, Patrick Kalyn, Lead CGI Animator

2005, Outstanding Special Visual Effects For A Series:, Stargate-SG1 • Reckoning (Part 2), • SCI FI • MGM Television Entertainment in association with Double Secret Productions and Gekko Film Corp. Michelle Comens, Visual Effects Supervisor, James Rorick, Visual Effects Coordinator, Karen Watson, Lead Visual Effects Compositor, Krista McLean, Lead Compositor In House,
            Craig Van Den Biggelaar, Digital Effects Supervisor, Adam de Bosch Kemper, Lead CGI Animator, Brett Keyes, Lead Visual Effects Animator, John Tichenor, VFX Consultant, Ryan Jensen, Lead Matte Artist

And Stargate Atlantis had 3 Emmy nominations:

2008, Outstanding Special Visual Effects for a Series, Mark Savela (visual effects supervisor), Shannon Gurney (visual effects coordinator), Erica Henderson (lead visual effects compositor), Jason Gross (cgi supervisor),
            James Kawano (lead cgi artist), Michael Lowes (lead cgi artist), Giles Hancock (lead matte artist), Jeremy Kehler (lead visual effects compositor)
            Daniel Osaki (lead model maker), For episode "Adrift".

2006 , Outstanding Music Composition for a Series (Original Dramatic Score)
            Joel Goldsmith (music composed by), For episode "Grace Under Pressure".

2005 Outstanding Main Title Theme Music
            Joel Goldsmith (music and main title theme by)

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
            SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
            Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

After watching these first two episodes and being extremely impressed with the show I feel that Universe will gain a good amount of success. Not only visual effects however, which where stunning, especially the oping crawl of the ship. But it will also get phrase in Direction, Acting and Music.
              sigpic
              Banner Made By Me for Me
              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Oh, I'm sure the Lost Smoke Monster or something retarded like that will win...

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  BSG didn't win an Emmy for VFX, Heroes did. I doubt SGU will win Emmy
                  The effects in the pilot of Flashforward of the effects of the global blackout were pretty awesome. That would be my vote for an Emmy frontrunner.

Comment

If not for 'Visual Effects', than definitely for the 'Musical Score'. Joel amazed me with his work. Definitely out of the box and every score I heard was astounding, better than any work he has done so far, in my humble opinion. (Maybe I am still caught up in the moment, but Joel impressed me.)

Mark Salvela (sorry if I spelled his last name wrong) and his team blew me away with the visual effects though. They were beautiful, definitely a leap. Stargate has come a long way since the beginning in visual effects and I am amazed at the work we are seeing. Just think, if this show goes on for a few years, in season 4 (if they go that far), the effects will make season 1 look like SG-1's first season. The effects get better every year.

Can't wait to see both Joel and Mark's work. Both deserve to be nominated.

(I believe other things should be nominated too, but unfortunately, with a science fiction series, there is a bias against them to be nominated in other categories.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                    and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

There were many great shots but what I really liked was the planet blowing up. One of the most impressive scenes of the pilot.

Comment

Yes, the planet blowing up was awesome.

Comment

I think Carlyle acting was superb throughout the pilot.

Comment

Working...
                          X