Odyssey and its secret mission ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Odyssey and its secret mission ?

I thought odyssey's secret mission would be to protect and make rounds between earth and the icarus base. The writers wanted the hataks to own a 304 so they stuck the hammond instead

I wonder where the odyssey is now.

We don't the Odyessey's secret mission hence the secret
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
      I thought odyssey's secret mission would be to protect and make rounds between earth and the icarus base. .
      Well, you know what they say about making assumptions...

But hey, don't worry. There are a lot of people here who actually thought that Icarus was the moon base and that the Wraith attacked it during Enemy at the Gate...because that makes SOOOOOOOOOO much sense.

Comment

Wasn't that about the same time as Ark of Truth? I always assumed the Odyssey's secret mission was traveling into the Ori galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Descended View Post
          Wasn't that about the same time as Ark of Truth? I always assumed the Odyssey's secret mission was traveling into the Ori galaxy.
          Again with the assumptions. How would it be at the same time as AoT? For one thing, you have Carter there, on Earth, in the episode! EATG takes place two years after AoT.

Comment

There was no ''secret mission'' to begin with. TPTB messed up with the strengths of different ships and conveniently wrote the Odyssey out of the episode so it wouldn't ass-rape the super hive.

Comment

Basically the odyssey got written out of the script.

The writers treat us like were a bunch of idiots.

Comment

Nah, they don't treat us like idiots, logistically speaking they just couldn't have another ship in, so they made up a line to explain it.
                And honestly though, a HiveShip powered by an unknown amount of ZPMs vs a couple of standard 304s?
                Proof that mixing shows isn't a good idea:
                Imagine Stargate: twilight on the Food channel...

(And when I say twilight I mean the whole Cullen thingy)

Comment

No one thinks that the secret mission is for one of the upcoming movies?

Comment

maybe the odyssey was dealing with whatever will be the main mission in the next SG-1 movie which focuses on Jack?

i've been thinking that this movie will take place just before SGU...

just a thought though...

maybe the Odyssey met up with the Furlings?
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

I had orginnaly assumed the odyssey was on a secret mission related to universe, as well that i assumed the "wormhole" drive was what the Destiny would use.

But meh, the writers do treat us like retards.

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost22 View Post
                        i assumed the "wormhole" drive was what the Destiny would use.
                        so you assumed that the ancients used something that they never got to work?

riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
                        Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
                        Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
                        Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nemises View Post
                          I thought odyssey's secret mission would be to protect and make rounds between earth and the icarus base.
                          If that were the case, they probably would have recalled the Odyssey to defend Earth from the SuperHive. Since they didn't do that, it's a fair bet that the Odyssey was dong something else.

Originally posted by IrishPisano View Post
                          so you assumed that the ancients used something that they never got to work?
                          They never said that the Ancients never got it to work, only that they abandoned the technology because it was too dangerous and used too much energy/power to be useful.

Nevertheless, given that the Destiny is still around after many thousands of years would seem to rule out the idea of it using a drive system that stands a good chance of blowing you up when you use it.
                          "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                          - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                          - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                          - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Well I'm totally with Jelgate, we won't know because it's secret. We have just the same security clearance as Coldwell and he isn't allowed to know.
                            sigpic
                            A lot of the things that made Stargate awesome, but just with steroids, spread all over it. - Brian J. Smith

Comment

Russian expedition sent in 1988 or 1989 on Hyperion interstellar spaceship "Spiral" found by mass rebelion in a neighboring galaxy communism and already goes to Earth to restore the Soviet Union. Heroic Odyssey went to visit armadas Russian Super Ha'tak who seek to return to Earth and restore the Soviet Union. He heroically repelled the attack and died. But come next attack the communists.
                              Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                              SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X