Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uhm..... how do they get back?

spoilers for Ep 1 and 2

so, they leave for the planet...... through a presumably ONE WAY wormhole..... without any mention of a return address?????????????!!!!!!!!!!
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
    Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
    Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
    Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

I was wondering that too. I'm going to guess that, since the Kino functions essentially as an advanced MALP, that it can dial back.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

big assumption....

i also LOVED how Telford didn't even bother to think of it... and he seemed to know his shyte
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: So what's your impression of Alar?
      Teal'c: That he is concealing something.
      Colonel Jack O'Neill: Like what?
      Teal'c: I am unsure. He is concealing it.

Comment

We will find out next week presumably how they are able to get back to the ship. I too think it will have something to do with the Kino or perhaps the ship itself will redial the address before the timer is up to give the people a chance to get back on board before leaving.

Comment

i was thinking maybe just that one gate at the base was a one way gate...they never said that destiny was one way. but yes agree i was like uh no don't do that you can't get back. haha
          Go Preds Go

Comment

maybe these stargates are dual travel as clearly they dont expire in the usual time. They stay open for 12 hours.
            Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
            Anime signature in spoiler tag
            Spoiler:
            Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

The time is 38 hours before the gate is supposed to auto-shutdown. And I highly doubt they are two way. If they were the Atlantis gates would be two way.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                The time is 38 hours before the gate is supposed to auto-shutdown. And I highly doubt they are two way. If they were the Atlantis gates would be two way.
                woops got the times wrong. But if not they are screwed if they don't know the ships address. And isn't it a bit risky if any old person if they knew the ships address could just dial the address and board the ship?
                Well i was bored and decided to make a borg vs stargate sig, so enjoy...btw the explosions and ships look weird i know, its hard to make them blend
                Anime signature in spoiler tag
                Spoiler:
                Here is an anime sig, i was bored so i randomly picked a maid pic and photoshoped it

Comment

I saw in the preview the gate on the planet whoosing. Something leads me to believe that it will automatically dial when the time is right. Perhaps it has automated dialing at intervals. every hour or so.
                  thelastgreatprophecy.com

Comment

We'll have to wait and see. I have a feeling that Destiny is very close to the planet in question. So it is possible the Destiny can send a message to the DHD and tell it to dial back.

Comment

Originally posted by jhkplaya888 View Post
                      maybe these stargates are dual travel as clearly they dont expire in the usual time. They stay open for 12 hours.
                      Actually, I think the 12-hours is just a time limit for when the ship will leave from that current location. I think the gate does indeed shut down, we just didn't see it happen
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

I wanna know why the ship HAS to leave in 12 hours. Kinda feels forced.

Comment

Originally posted by Rykel View Post
                          We will find out next week presumably how they are able to get back to the ship. I too think it will have something to do with the Kino or perhaps the ship itself will redial the address before the timer is up to give the people a chance to get back on board before leaving.
                          Being it only works from one to the other, having the ship redial them would be pointless as they still would not be able to get back.

I wanna know why the ship HAS to leave in 12 hours. Kinda feels forced.
                          Since it is automated, perhaps it can get everyting it needs in that time.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliVeggie View Post
                            Not necessarily. The Atlantis gate and this one both look different. It wouldn't surprise me if this one creates 2-way wormholes while the pegassus and milky way gates create one-way gates.

Comment

Originally posted by Ezis View Post
                              Not necessarily. The Atlantis gate and this one both look different. It wouldn't surprise me if this one creates 2-way wormholes while the pegassus and milky way gates create one-way gates.
                              If you can make two way wormholes, what's the point of even having one way wormholes? It's like downgrading to a Geo-Metro when you have a Mercedes.

Proud supporter of His holy BAGness!

Comment

Working...
                              X