PDA

View Full Version : Songs You'd Like to Hear

Crichiel
October 1st, 2009, 07:25 AM
What classic rock songs has Supernatural not used yet that you would like to hear? I was listening to my iPod last night and thought this would be the perfect 'chick flick'-scene song for what is going on with Sam and Dean right now in season 5. (Might be stretching the 'rock' part :o, but it is by CCR, so I figure it would still fit):

-Long As I Can See the Light by Creedence Clearwater Revival

So, what songs have you been waiting to hear? :)

P-90_177
October 1st, 2009, 10:03 AM
Just more AC/DC for me. I knew they were gonna use Thunderstruck at the beginning of this season. I'm hoping next they'll have Rock N Roll Train (even though that's actually off their latest album)

LoneStar1836
October 1st, 2009, 11:04 AM
Never gonna hear them on the show in a million years but:

Nothing Else Matters - Metallica
Wherever I May Roam - Metallica
Fuel - Metallica

The Number of the Beast - Iron Maiden...this one's a bit more relevant to this season.
Fear of the Dark - Iron Maiden

As for something that might actually get played on the show....

The Razor's Edge - AC/DC

They played my favorite Skynyrd song in the last ep, so I'm happy.

marielabbott
October 3rd, 2009, 04:37 PM
I wasn't a big fan of classic rock before I started watching SPN, but I've developed a new appreciation for it through the show. :D Is there a good comprehensive list of songs used in the show online?

I'm waiting for them to play Behind Blue Eyes by The Who. It'd be perfect for this "sympathetic" Lucifer.

LoneStar1836
October 3rd, 2009, 05:00 PM
I wasn't a big fan of classic rock before I started watching SPN, but I've developed a new appreciation for it through the show. :D Is there a good comprehensive list of songs used in the show online?

I'm waiting for them to play Behind Blue Eyes by The Who. It'd be perfect for this "sympathetic" Lucifer.Here's a good one (http://www.supernatural.tv/music/music1.htm).:)

marielabbott
October 4th, 2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks, Lonestar. :)

eviladam
October 8th, 2009, 06:58 PM

I'm waiting for them to play Behind Blue Eyes by The Who. It'd be perfect for this "sympathetic" Lucifer.

I've been waiting for that song myself!

I would also like to hear Sympathy for the Devil, even though I'm not sure thats likelly since the first episode bore that title.

Maybe they could work AC/DC's Have a Drink on Me in some where. I don't think they've used that one yet.

Crichiel
October 9th, 2009, 06:14 AM
Maybe they could work AC/DC's Have a Drink on Me in some where. I don't think they've used that one yet.

I was actually just thinking of that one! :) Have they used Shoot to Thrill yet? I love that song, too.

LoneStar1836
October 9th, 2009, 07:06 AM
Yeah, Behind Blue Eyes would be perfect. If they played no other song on the show.... Who songs are probably expensive though. :(

Still Unbroken - Lynyrd Skynyrd. It's off their newest album.

Drifter - Deep Purple
You Keep on Moving - Deep Purple

And since they have played a couple of CCR songs in the past, how about Who'll Stop the Rain or Have You Ever Seen the Rain?

Or another Ozzy Osbourne song, Crazy Train.

Crichiel
October 12th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Here's a good one (http://www.supernatural.tv/music/music1.htm).:)

Thanks again for this LoneStar, but am I reading this right? They haven't used Hush by Deep Purple yet? That's the top of my list, then!

Epideme
October 25th, 2009, 12:38 PM

If you send me your email address I can email you the lists of seasons one and two at least, my bf and I are working on seasons three and four. It bugged us what each song was and now I have most on my computer through the obsession!!
Epideme

Epideme
October 27th, 2009, 12:16 PM
Alone by Heart would sum up the Dean/Anna angle... some more Metallica definitely and maybe Black Velvet at some point. I have a playlist of these songs so I could keep going all night!!

Epideme
x

queen_hathor
October 28th, 2009, 06:32 AM
Something by Queen or Free. We've had at least 2 Bad Company songs (Paul Rodgers being linked to both of the bands I just mentioned :p) so some others would be good.

And for those scratching their heads.... Bad Company was used in Scarecrow; and Ready for love in Heaven & Hell :D

IcarusAbides
October 28th, 2009, 02:01 PM
I would love to hear What do you do for money honey by AC/DC.

queen_hathor
October 29th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Something by Queen or Free. We've had at least 2 Bad Company songs (Paul Rodgers being linked to both of the bands I just mentioned :p) so some others would be good.

And for those scratching their heads.... Bad Company was used in Scarecrow; and Ready for love in Heaven & Hell :D
I must update this... it's 3 (so far).... Movin' on was in Dead in the water :D

starg8fans
October 30th, 2009, 01:49 AM
How about 'Tuff Enuff' by The Fabulous Thunderbirds? Now, that would be a great sing-along tune for Dean...

Epideme
October 30th, 2009, 02:53 AM

Ready for Love has to be one of my favourites yet! Trying to persuade my bf to get me it for xmas!!
Would love to hear Black Velvet as it's quite a sexy song, but most likely The Unforgiven II (ReLoad) or The Unnamed Feeling (St Anger) by Metallica. That would be awesome, blasting out of the Impala's stereo!! Tho, don't think St Anger is even on tape... :D

starg8fans
October 30th, 2009, 03:01 AM
I had never heard Ready for Love before the Impala Scene, but it grabbed me right away.

Just remembered - more Bob Seger would be fine by me as well. Like a Rock for Dean and Shakedown for a hunt would fit, or - since Epideme mentioned Dean and Anna - Some Day, Lady, You'll Accompany Me.

Epideme
October 30th, 2009, 03:23 AM
I had never heard Ready for Love before the Impala Scene, but it grabbed me right away.

Just remembered - more Bob Seger would be fine by me as well. Like a Rock for Dean and Shakedown for a hunt would fit, or - since Epideme mentioned Dean and Anna - Some Day, Lady, You'll Accompany Me.
More for my Xmas list!! YAY!! :D

starg8fans
November 28th, 2009, 01:05 PM
Can't believe I didn't think of this one before - Lucifer by Alan Parson's Project. IMHO one of the best instrumental songs ever written.

Crichiel
November 28th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Can't believe I didn't think of this one before - Lucifer by Alan Parson's Project. IMHO one of the best instrumental songs ever written.

Don't know that one. I'll have to give it a listen when I get a chance.

starg8fans
November 28th, 2009, 10:18 PM
Don't know that one. I'll have to give it a listen when I get a chance.

Okay, this is really getting annoying. I tried to find it for you on YT, and every other version I clicked on is 'not available in my country for copyright restrictions'. I mean WTF, does the fact that I live in Germany make me a second class web citizen?

Anyway, here's a clip where they perform the song live (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7LdaTY2SHo) but try to find the recorded version. Watching them play the instruments takes something away from the magic of the music. In the song, they blend together so you can hardly identify most of them, which makes it more ethereal.

I hope somebody with the proper skills will bring this out with scenes from Spn's Lucifer.

queen_hathor
December 7th, 2009, 09:26 AM
Would love to hear Black Velvet as it's quite a sexy song
OMG I've not hear that for years! :lol: Good suggestion!

but most likely The Unforgiven II (ReLoad) or The Unnamed Feeling (St Anger) by Metallica. That would be awesome, blasting out of the Impala's stereo!! Tho, don't think St Anger is even on tape... :D
I didn't buy St Anger (and Dean wouldn't be able to - you're right, it's not on tape :p) but another Metallica one I'd love to hear would be Enter Sandman ... possibly even So what ... like that one would get away with being played!! :lol:

Another one I thought we would've heard by now, especially given Lucifer... Sympathy for the Devil - The GnR version though, not the awful original! Oh, also Paradise City or November Rain :D

starg8fans
December 7th, 2009, 11:09 AM
Heard Cats in the Cradle by Harry Chapin in the car today. Some parts of the lyrics kinda sound like the Winchesters - Dean wanting to be like his dad, and Sam going off to college and not having time for his father and brother anymore...

queen_hathor
December 7th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Oooh that's a good one!

Crichiel
December 7th, 2009, 12:52 PM
O
I didn't buy St Anger (and Dean wouldn't be able to - you're right, it's not on tape :p) but another Metallica one I'd love to hear would be Enter Sandman ... possibly even So what ... like that one would get away with being played!! :lol:

Another one I thought we would've heard by now, especially given Lucifer... Sympathy for the Devil - The GnR version though, not the awful original! Oh, also Paradise City or November Rain :D

I love Enter Sandman. That and Welcome Home Sanitarium are my favourite Metallica. Paradise City is another good one, especially for a tv show because I like the song until the last couple minutes. Then it's just a little too frenetic for me :o, but with the show's time constraints, they wouldn't be able to play all that anyway!

I heard a good Supernatural-type song on the radio the other day, and wouldn't you know it? I totally forgot what it was like 10 minutes later. :rolleyes:

starg8fans
December 14th, 2009, 02:17 AM

Didn't even know there was a song by that title. Actually, I only found out later for most ep names that they are actually songs titles... At least I got that GnR must be Guns'n'Roses - so I'm not completely musically challenged.

I love Enter Sandman. That and Welcome Home Sanitarium are my favourite Metallica. Paradise City is another good one, especially for a tv show because I like the song until the last couple minutes. Then it's just a little too frenetic for me :o, but with the show's time constraints, they wouldn't be able to play all that anyway!

I heard a good Supernatural-type song on the radio the other day, and wouldn't you know it? I totally forgot what it was like 10 minutes later. :rolleyes:

Happens to me all the friggin' time. But I remember one - I put a spell on you, the version by Creedance Clearwater Revival. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R6nmKjcSeU)

Crichiel
December 14th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Didn't even know there was a song by that title. Actually, I only found out later for most ep names that they are actually songs titles... At least I got that GnR must be Guns'n'Roses - so I'm not completely musically challenged.

I wouldn't say I'm musically challenged (can play a few instruments), but I AM woefully unknowledgeable about who sings which songs. I have the hardest time on iTunes trying to track down songs I like, because I never know the title OR artist! :o...although, I DID know Sympathy for the Devil (the original)...but that was a fluke! :D

Crichiel
December 23rd, 2009, 02:05 PM
Ooh! I didn't even think of how perfectly...(episode 5.11 trailer spoiler):

...does Welcome Home Sanitarium look like it fits for the trailer for Sam, Interrupted? :)

starg8fans
December 30th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Ooh! I didn't even think of how perfectly...(episode 5.11 trailer spoiler):

...does Welcome Home Sanitarium look like it fits for the trailer for Sam, Interrupted? :)

Need to check that one out, since I don't know it.

Just heard a song that would fit the ep where (slight S5 spoiler) Anna comes backWorlds apart aka Separate Ways by Journey. Especially the 'we touched and went our separate ways' bit.

RodneyIsGodney
April 23rd, 2010, 08:10 PM
Highway to Hell by AC/DC ...although it would have been more appropriate during the 3rd season...near the end of the season.

starg8fans
April 24th, 2010, 01:15 AM
Highway to Hell by AC/DC ...although it would have been more appropriate during the 3rd season...near the end of the season.

Great minds think alike, RiG - Kripke used that one in the Pilot.

I know they're not classic oldies, but there are so many songs by Nickelback that fit the storyline - especially on their Dark Horse album. From If today was your last day to I'll come for you and Burn it to the ground. The sound fits as well, a lot of those songs remind me of Foreigner.

Crichiel
April 24th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Kinda surprised they haven't used The Who more often (or even at all, have they?).