Jamie Ray Newman (Eastwick) & Future Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jamie Ray Newman (Eastwick) & Future Discussion

From what I have read most of the reviews of Eastwick aren't that good on average. There are a few that like it, a lot that don't and a few that hate it. I thought we could track the show and therefor predict the likelyhood of Jamie Ray Newman sticking around on Eureka!

Opening Night (9/23)

Incomplete: "Mercy" and "Eastwick." Neither show posted great numbers -- "Mercy" drew 8.38 million people for NBC and "Eastwick" 8.5 million for ABC -- but neither one stunk up the joint either. I'm curious to see how they do in the next couple of weeks in time periods where they're at least different than the competition. "Mercy" is the only drama on at 8 p.m., and "Eastwick" is a lighter drama alternative to "CSI: NY."
    Ratings were mediocre the 1st night, if they tail off like anyone would expect the show might not make it but if they stay at close to these levels the show very well could survive.

However, should “Eastwick” be a success, Newman says the schedules for both shows coordinate enough that she won’t have to miss time being on either one.

“They start up in March, I think, so hopefully we’ll get to play the whole season , and on hiatus I’d love to come back [to 'Eureka'].”
    The fact that she could still do both shows is pretty cool, although she may not be able to be the main stay character I was hoping for!
    sigpic

Here's another article on the same note - http://scifiwire.com/2009/08/newman-...-from-eure.php

"Jaime Paglia and Charlie Craig, the creators of the show, sent me an e-mail when Eastwick got picked up," Newman said in a group interview over the weekend in Pasadena, Calif. at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour. "They said, 'We hope you get canceled. Love, Charlie and Jaime.'"
    Joking aside, Newman said the shows' schedules would work out.
    So it sounds like Eastwick shouldn't interfere with having Tess back as much as I thought it might. Even if it does succeed, which I'm still doubtful about. It premiered stronger actually than I thought it would, but I guess we'll see how well the numbers hold up.
    - Life after Stargate -
    Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
    Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
    sigpic

Comment

Eastwick is cancelled.
      - Life after Stargate -
      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
      sigpic

Comment

I wanted to like this show, but I felt it never made a point. So, I stopped watching
        sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Eastwick has officially been cancelled, so she can come back to Eureka!

Also - Hank has been cancelled, so Zoe can come back as well.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/ has the official notification of both shows.

Sorry to lose Eastwick, I kind of liked it.
          Last edited by Less; 11 November 2009, 11:48 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot - 2 message up the announcment had been made. D'oh!

Comment

Originally posted by Less View Post

It seemed like Charmed Light...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Less View Post

This is Eureka way of saying come back to us!!!
              sigpic There are my dogs!

If you had to chose, die or watch the world die, what would you pick?"

Comment

Originally posted by badwolfSG View Post
                Meh
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by badwolfSG View Post
                  If both of them come back to the show (*Eureka) as main characters I will be one happy camper!!! They had really built Zoe into an awesome character and Tess was pretty awesome from the start (I would like to see a non-tragic romance on this show for once!)
                  Last edited by Spimman; 26 January 2010, 09:22 AM.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                    If both of them come back to the show as main characters I will be one happy camper!!! They had really built Zoe into an awesome character and Tess was pretty awesome from the start (I would like to see a non-tragic romance on this show for once!)
                    I don't think there are gonna be any more episodes. I think it went buh-bye.
                    sigpic

Comment

I think Spimman was referring to Eureka, not Eastwick. And I'd love to see Tess back on Eureka too.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                        I don't think there are gonna be any more episodes. I think it went buh-bye.
                        No, the fourth season of Eureka is going to begin in July 2010 and will have 22 episodes. (I got this from Wikipedia.) The scheduling for Eureka is a little off due to the Writer's Strike from a couple of years ago.

Comment

I think LtCCarter was in reference to Witches of Eastwick. Maybe?
                          sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
                            I think LtCCarter was in reference to Witches of Eastwick. Maybe?
                            It was...since this thread is supposed to be about Eastwick
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                              It was...since this thread is supposed to be about Eastwick
                              Ah. I thought you meant Eureka since the person you quoted was talking about Eureka.

Comment

Working...
                              X