Ship's Hull Composition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ship's Hull Composition

You know that armour the kull warriors wear that absorbs blasts from energy weapons? Why don't we coat our ships with that stuff?

Originally posted by strider2289 View Post
    You know that armour the kull warriors wear that absorbs blasts from energy weapons? Why don't we coat our ships with that stuff?
    I've always wondered why they never wore it...seems like the ultimate battle suite.

Also, I believe the armor is intended for soliders... I think the armor wouldn't hold up against a ship's weapons. The blast would just be to intensive.

Comment

Originally posted by strider2289 View Post
      Technology armor kull warrior are not available for understanding to earthlings, and therefore they simply can not copy it.
      Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
      SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

the material is energy conductive and thermal resistant i believe. however, it only works properly against staffblasts.

besides, why dont we coat our tanks in kevlar, if it is such a powerful material. i think the reason is the same. you do not apply personal armor to tanks. and spaceships

Comment

Of course not kevlar, but similar composites used in tanks.
          Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
          SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

also half the kulls abilities are due to genetic modification if a normal person wore the suite they would be knocked flat by kinetic energy from sustained fire the trinium dart would have worked heat resistance super strengh ect

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
              also half the kulls abilities are due to genetic modification if a normal person wore the suite they would be knocked flat by kinetic energy from sustained fire the trinium dart would have worked heat resistance super strengh ect
              Vala wears the suit in Prometheus unbounded.

Comment

Maybe it would be a better material to fit onto ships like the puddle jumper or the MALPS but I don't think it would be able to hold up to the rigours of space (Whats there radiation shielding capacity like).

Any armour we can aquire should go towards a special team for these jobs who are equiped with the best gear retreived through the gate or built on Earth who go into the most dangerous situations were normal SG teams won't survive (ORI/Wraith strongholds).
                if it wasnt for Carters new plot shield we would be dead

Comment

That composite could be useful for 302's, it could absorb the smaller staff canon blasts and maybe even those from other fighters.

Just add it to a list of forgotten technology. I do have to wonder if it'd been effective against Wraith and Ori infantry weapons. There should be thousands of Kull Warrior armor sets just laying around these days. The FJN killed what was left over using the Tau'ri/Tok'ra weapons.

Comment

or maybe it was deemed too dangerous and the suits were either stored or destroyed.

i mean, a human with that on is practically a god. one malevolent jaffa or human in it, and you're screwed

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      or maybe it was deemed too dangerous and the suits were either stored or destroyed.

i mean, a human with that on is practically a god. one malevolent jaffa or human in it, and you're screwed
                      YESSS pretty good - jaffa TAU'RI Hallowed are the Tau'ri
                      SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        the material is energy conductive and thermal resistant i believe. however, it only works properly against staffblasts.
                        As well as:

Zat charges.
                        Rifle rounds.
                        Chemical blasts (claymores, C4, missile).
                        Shields.
                        The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Maybe Anubis engineered the suit so that only ex or symbiont hosts could utilize it, we have only seen Vala and Jacob using that suits to its full capacity . So it is normal to assume that. Now, i don't remember if Daniel got shot while using it.
                          sigpic
                          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

Originally posted by Steelbox View Post
                            Maybe Anubis engineered the suit so that only ex or symbiont hosts could utilize it, we have only seen Vala and Jacob using that suits to its full capacity . So it is normal to assume that. Now, i don't remember if Daniel got shot while using it.
                            Yeah he did.

TENAT: Goa'uld gliders! (To Daniel) Fool! You were followed!

JACKSON (to himself): Of course we were! (To the aliens) OK, you know what? I'd love to stay and chat but ...

(He fires at the second alien, who goes down. Tenat fires at Daniel but his armour absorbs the blast. Daniel zats Tenat, then runs back towards the ship.)
                            Quote from the transcript.

I think the only reason we don't use it is because it's to powerful. You can't make your heroes to powerful. It's just another one of those things that TPTB chose to just push under the carpet rather than properly write some sort of plausible explanation for.

Comment

if a trinium dart can puncture it, well sorry for sounding possibly stupid, but wouldnt an anti-tank rifle with trinium bullets do miracles?

Comment

Working...
                              X