PDA

View Full Version : Skarra

earck
May 12th, 2004, 09:46 AM
I hope we see the ascended Skarra in season 8. Although he hasn't appeared very often in the series, i have become attached to him.

What do you think?

Shipperahoy
May 12th, 2004, 09:53 AM
I love the Skaara character but the whole ascension thing pretty much lost it's power for me when everyone and their mother started to be able to ascend.

Anubis
May 12th, 2004, 09:55 AM
{Spoilers for Season Six, Full Circle}

That would be great to see Skarra again and to find out what happened to the people of Abydos when they were all killed and then Oma helped them all Ascend. Skarra did say that he wouldn't see them again, at least not for a while. So one season no appearance and a return the following. Sounds good

Bast
May 12th, 2004, 10:02 AM
Skaara was in the stargate movie and it was the same actor.

Anubis
May 12th, 2004, 10:04 AM
Skarra is a pretty decent character. Skarra reminded O'Neill of his son and that's why he is close with him

SaberBlade
May 12th, 2004, 12:35 PM
i would be very interested in seeing both Skarra and Kasuf return, they are afterall the only 2 characters to be done by the same actor in both movie and series so having them return and learning what happened to them and what they are doing now would be a great idea for an episode

msj_shanks
May 16th, 2004, 11:04 PM
i would love to see skarra in season 8 he has always been one of my favourite extra characters

Champos
May 16th, 2004, 11:09 PM
I love the Skaara character but the whole ascension thing pretty much lost it's power for me when everyone and their mother started to be able to ascend.

I'll agree with that. I accept that something big needed to happen for Daniel to de-ascend, but could Oma not simply have protected the planet without ascending them? It was worrying at first that they might just use this as a repeated let-out clause, but sad though it was and all that, Janet's death did at least restore some balance.

Otis
May 22nd, 2004, 06:30 PM
I hope we don't see any more of Skaara. Not because I dislike the character, I think he's a great actor in a great role. But the ascending-descending thing has been done to death.

Aphrodite
May 26th, 2004, 05:35 AM
I'd like to see Skarra again. He was a great character and it was great to see they re-introduced him in the SG1 series.

dfin25
May 26th, 2004, 09:15 AM
The whole concept of ascension is played out. Even though I'll really miss Janet, her death did redeem that part of the show for me. Death is a serious topic and I like to see it treated seriously, not in a comic book fashion.

Anubis
May 26th, 2004, 09:51 AM
It is good that death has been restored in a certain manner as all that ascension was getting overrated. I think if anyone else will ascend in the future of Stargate it will most likely be O'Neill because of his Ancient experience and as the Asgard say, is special

Lord Loz
May 26th, 2004, 10:45 AM
Jack wont ascend. He doesnt want to/believe he can. Plus he wouldnt be capable of following the Ancients 'no interference' rule :(

Bakjuh
May 26th, 2004, 10:51 AM
If Skaa'ra returns, i hope it will be in either the very last episode of the series or in a Stargate: SG-1 movie.
If he returns before that, then it seems like when you are ascended you can pop up anytime you want and show yourself to the humans, which in itself already should be some sort of bad thing for the Ancients in my point of view.

But for now there shouldn't be any more ascensions or descensions i think.

life = life, death = death.

Jonas
May 26th, 2004, 09:25 PM
I'd just liked to see an episode where Daniel confronts his feelings on what happened to Skaara and the people of Abydos. He was so close to them and Anubius annilated them. Plus he is somewhat responsible for their demise.

Andy867
May 26th, 2004, 10:23 PM
For some reason, I wouldn't be surprised if "The Others" let Oma help the people of Abydos ascend because of their failure to "de-scend" Anubis. But then that brings to mind on why Oma didn't let Daniel destroy Anubis when he had the chance since he was simply fixing up the loose end that the others have let go for awhile now. I mean, if they had done their job and kicked Anubis out of the ascension all together, there would have been a less likely chance that he would have been able to rise to power so quickly, even more so if the Others had completely erased his memory.

Lord Loz
May 27th, 2004, 03:20 AM
I like to think of it as Oma 'forcing' the Abydonians to ascend rather than them all achieving enlightenment at the same time. Anubis shows that you do not have to be at peace yadda yadda with yourself in order to ascend, so their must be another way hidden behind the guise of enlightenment.

Andy867
May 27th, 2004, 08:54 AM
Well, a lot of the Abydonians were ready to die, and that is the one burden that Oma wants everyone to release before they can reach enlightenment. Like Skaara said, Death is only the beginning of one's journey.

Anubis
May 27th, 2004, 09:59 AM
I'm sure we'll see Skarra again. I think you can pop up just about anytime but you can't KEEP doing it. Daniel said that it was a violation even talking to Jack or anyone of such nature

crowhop
May 27th, 2004, 11:20 AM
s
p
o
i
l
e
r
s
a
c
e

It sucks that Skarra sent out wedding invitations and then had to cancel the whole thing due to ascention.
Actually, I've wondered if Skarra went ahead with the nuptials, since presumbably the bride-to-be also ascended with the rest of the Abdyonians.
I also wonder what in the world Jack would wear as best man at Ascendent wedding. And what kind of gift do you bring (gee, the blender is swell, but we don't have much use for that now that we can manipulate time and space on our own...)? Is the seating rule corporial guests on the right, ascendent on the left? What about the vows: "Do you, Skarra, take this being to be your lawfully wedded ascendent wife, to have and not really hold - on account neither of you have corporial bodies - and in no sickness or health for the same reason, until something other than death do you part?"
And I'm not even going to discuss the bachelor party.... ;)

petzke_42
May 27th, 2004, 03:29 PM
On the bachelor party note...now that they are ascended, they can go anywhere, and watch anybody do anything...without being caught........has major potential...hmmmmmmmmm

David85
May 27th, 2004, 04:45 PM
He's gone, and not coming back so move on everyone.

Andy867
May 27th, 2004, 08:09 PM
Yea, it reminds me of a cartoon I saw where Jackson is denying being in the ladies locker room when Sam was in there while he was ascended.