Stargate SG-1 marathon to promote SGU, Sep 25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate SG-1 marathon to promote SGU, Sep 25

From SyFy's schedulebot. Begins September 25 at 8:00am, concludes the following day at 6:00am. Ad on SyFy said there will be special peeks at SGU during this marathon.

08:00 AM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 7)
    HEROES - PT 1

09:00 AM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 7)
    HEROES - PT 2

10:00 AM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASONS 1-5)
    WORMHOLE X-TREME!

11:00 AM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 8)
    MOEBIUS - PART 1

12:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 8)
    MOEBIUS - PART 2

01:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASONS 1-5)
    URGO

02:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASONS 1-5)

03:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 10)
    200 (200TH EPISODE)

04:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASONS 1-5)
    CRYSTAL SKULL

05:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASONS 1-5)
    THE FIFTH RACE

06:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 10)
    UNENDING

07:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 7)
    LOST CITY - PT 1

08:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 7)
    LOST CITY - PT 2

09:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASONS 1-5)

10:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASONS 1-5)
    WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY

11:00 PM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASONS 1-5)
    THE NOX

12:00 AM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASONS 1-5)
    CHILDREN OF THE GODS - PT 1

01:00 AM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASONS 1-5)
    CHILDREN OF THE GODS - PT 2

02:00 AM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 8)
    PROMETHEUS UNBOUND

03:00 AM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASONS 1-5)
    FOREVER IN A DAY

04:00 AM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 6)
    ABYSS

05:00 AM STARGATE SG-1 (SEASON 8)
    THREADS

YAY Window of Opportunity

Comment

Looks like someone just hit the Shuffle button in itunes and put the 2 part episodes together. There's no rhyme or reason to the order. Seriously "Unending" being 12 hours from the end and "Children of the Gods" coming near the end? What the hell?
      "Goodbye Eli Wallace, you're a good man."
      - imlad, from http://www.readandfindout.com/

Comment

Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered View Post
        Looks like someone just hit the Shuffle button in itunes and put the 2 part episodes together. There's no rhyme or reason to the order. Seriously "Unending" being 12 hours from the end and "Children of the Gods" coming near the end? What the hell?
        Honestly, I think they're doing this to maximize viewers, not to confuse them.

Look how long the marathon runs. That's 22 hours of TV! The marathon ends at 6:00 AM (the end time for Threads). If they showed these in order, here's your order:

Children of the Gods (1&2)
        The Nox
        The Fifth Race
        1969 (S2)
        Forever in a Day (S3)
        Urgo (S3)
        Crystal Skull (S3)
        Window of Opportunity (S4)
        2010 (S4)
        Wormhole X-Treme! (S5)
        Abyss (S6)
        Heroes (1&2, S7)
        Lost City (1&2, S7)
        Prometheus Unbound (S8)
        Threads (S8)
        Moebius (1&2, S8)
        200 (S10)
        Unending (S10)

200 and Unending wouldn't come on until 4:00 AM and 5:00 AM. Moebius would be on 2:00 - 4:00 AM, Lost City at 10 - Midnight...It just doesn't make sense to go in order when you want to get things done in one day and maximize viewership.

I'd say they made up their timeslots, took the fan vote into consideration, and came up with a schedule that got most of the more popular episodes on earlier in the day.

Interesting to note: Seasons 7 and 8 were the most represented with 4 episodes each (but Season 8 got more single-part episodes, whereas Season 7's are all 2-parters); Season 9 got the least with ZERO episodes. By comparison, Season 6 came off well, even with only one episode (Abyss, which maybe not-so-oddly enough was one of the few episodes in Season 6 where Daniel had a fairly big role).
        Last edited by JacksonClone; 23 September 2009, 07:40 AM. Reason: Didn't notice that Season 9 was UNREPRESENTED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonClone View Post

I'd say they made up their timeslots, took the fan vote into consideration, and came up with a schedule that got most of the more popular episodes on earlier in the day.
          Be that as it may what happens if some random viewer clicks over it and stops to watch "Wormhole X-treme" or "200"? Great episodes both but to someone who's never seen SG-1 they my say, "That was a stupid episode. Wtf is wrong with this show?" and never come back.

Comment

Look how long the marathon runs. That's 22 hours of TV! The marathon ends at 6:00 AM (the end time for Threads). If they showed these in order, here's your order:

Children of the Gods (1&2)
            The Nox
            The Fifth Race
            1969 (S2)
            Forever in a Day (S3)
            Urgo (S3)
            Crystal Skull (S3)
            Window of Opportunity (S4)
            2010 (S4)
            Wormhole X-Treme! (S5)
            Abyss (S6)
            Heroes (1&2, S7)
            Lost City (1&2, S7)
            Prometheus Unbound (S8)
            Threads (S8)
            Moebius (1&2, S8)
            200 (S10)
            Unending (S10)
            THey're showing this marathon to push folks to watch SGU. However, eps like

Wormhole X-Treme! (S5)
            200 (S10)
            Unending (S10)

weren't the best. The first two were goofy beyond belief, and the last one bored me to death.... plus it all reset so it doesn't even exist, really

Comment

Be that as it may what happens if some random viewer clicks over it and stops to watch "Wormhole X-treme" or "200"? Great episodes both but to someone who's never seen SG-1 they my say, "That was a stupid episode. Wtf is wrong with this show?" and never come back.
              Is this not a "Viewer's Choice" marathon? As in "episodes picked by the viewers"?

Sometimes fans will pick episodes that, while they like them collectively, for the series can be seen as "WTF?" moments if they stand alone. That's the risk you take when you have a (then) 5- and 10-year-old series, doing episodes that are silly and for the fans yet don't do anything to really promote the series themselves.

At least on the positive side of things, they're showing "Wormhole X-Treme!" ahead of "200", so if you're in for the whole marathon (or at least morning through mid afternoon) you'll get the references in "200".

Comment

Is this not a "Viewer's Choice" marathon? As in "episodes picked by the viewers"?
                I have no idea. I'm just saying in general that's what happens when someone who isn't familiar with a show sees an episode that's not the norm for that show.

Comment

I have no idea. I'm just saying in general that's what happens when someone who isn't familiar with a show sees an episode that's not the norm for that show.
                  Right. I understand. It is a bit of a risk when you're trying to attract new fans.

I think part of what's helping is that it's only 2 episodes out of 22, and they're done fairly early in the day (e.g. they're not going into primetime with these episodes) so hopefully only the fans will watch these and the newbies can catch episodes like "Lost City", "The Fifth Race", and "Window of Opportunity" to get a true taste of the series.

Comment

Bugger!!...been in the US for 5 weeks and this is on 2 days after I fly home to the UK!!!!!!!!!...

Deeds xx *frantically packing now for LAX airport departure*
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Sometimes fans will pick episodes that, while they like them collectively, for the series can be seen as "WTF?" moments if they stand alone. That's the risk you take when you have a (then) 5- and 10-year-old series, doing episodes that are silly and for the fans yet don't do anything to really promote the series themselves.

At least on the positive side of things, they're showing "Wormhole X-Treme!" ahead of "200", so if you're in for the whole marathon (or at least morning through mid afternoon) you'll get the references in "200".
                      I didn't realize it was viewer's choice, but then if it was 'click here and vote', someone with time on their hands could have been clicking all day to get wormhole x-treme on the list

Comment

I didn't realize it was viewer's choice, but then if it was 'click here and vote', someone with time on their hands could have been clicking all day to get wormhole x-treme on the list
                        Do you really think that such a large scale voting system would allow people with the same I.P to submit a vote more than 5 times, maybe even less, I.P's are unique, but sometimes, i do know of the ISP's sending the address as there own, so that everyone using that ISP, would then only get 5 votes. But not all ISP's are like that.

So you wouldn't know, each corporation runs there polls differently, i myself within my voting systems, run I.P statistics, and won't allow anyone to vote more than 5 times within the single voting topic

But yeah, on topic, some of the ones selected were the stupidest ones i had ever seen, and by the end i was almost falling asleep, i fell asleep just looking at the list

But others, were the best for the series, It's weird how voting works, maybe some of the voters wanted to ruin the show, WHO KNOWS

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate Answers View Post
                          Do you really think that such a large scale voting system would allow people with the same I.P to submit a vote more than 5 times, maybe even less, I.P's are unique, but sometimes, i do know of the ISP's sending the address as there own, so that everyone using that ISP, would then only get 5 votes. But not all ISP's are like that.

So you wouldn't know, each corporation runs there polls differently, i myself within my voting systems, run I.P statistics, and won't allow anyone to vote more than 5 times within the single voting topic

But yeah, on topic, some of the ones selected were the stupidest ones i had ever seen, and by the end i was almost falling asleep, i fell asleep just looking at the list

But others, were the best for the series, It's weird how voting works, maybe some of the voters wanted to ruin the show, WHO KNOWS
                          To your first question, um, yup. Some fans are tenacious

Comment

Sounds err cool
                            Tst

Comment

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/show...-universe.html

'SG1' marathon a warm-up for awesome 'Stargate Universe'

The latest edition to the "Stargate" franchise launches on Oct. 2 and I can tell you that, if the first three hours are any indication, "Stargate Universe" blows its predecessors out of the, um, universe.

But I'll have tons more on "SGU" in the coming week, including my exclusive interviews with stars Ming-Na and Brian J. Smith. In the meantime, you guys can prepare for the new "U" by watching Syfy's all-day marathon of "Stargate SG1" beginning at 7 a.m. this Friday, Sept. 25. Watch for sneak peeks of the new series during the marathon.

Comment

Working...
                              X