• Time
  • Show
Clear All

If RDA leaves..

I will NEVER watch another episide..

This is your chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell them how you feel!!!!!!!!!!!!

If someone doesn't reply....

I will bump this until SG-1 goes off the air..

Comment

Originally posted by Acid Burn
      If someone doesn't reply....

I will bump this until SG-1 goes off the air..
      LOL! Criminy! It's the wee hours, US time...Have a little patience!

Comment

Originally posted by Acid Burn
        I will NEVER watch another episide..

This is your chance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell them how you feel!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Okay. If the writing was good, I could live with a Stargate without RDA. If the writing isn't good, no amount of RDA can save it.
        Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
        - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

As long as the story was compelling, I'd watch it no matter who the characters were. They could replace the whole cast and I would still watch as long as TPTB could make me care about the new characters at least as much as the old ones.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
            Okay. If the writing was good, I could live with a Stargate without RDA. If the writing isn't good, no amount of RDA can save it.
            Seconded
            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
              Seconded
              Wow...did I you actually agree with something Mr Prophet said.
              O, well, great minds and stuff like that.....
              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I think I know how Acid Burn feels though... what some of you have said is sensible but I don't think I feel too sensible about RDA leaving either.
                My head tells me that character, story development and plot should be paramount but my heart is saddened by the thought that this season could be his last. I'm not sure if the show will be the same without Jack O'Neil.

Sometimes an individual becomes a bit an institution, when he/she becomes so much a part of a place. I remember being told some years ago that no one is indispensable but at times I'm willing to make exceptions for someone like that.
                I will miss the:
                • wry sense of humour and comic timing
                • tough guy bravado
                • caring interior
                • bewildered looks
                • flashes of vulnerability
                • sense of determination in the face of danger
                sigpic
                "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

I can understand why people don't want RDA to go but he really wants out, it's not fair to make someone stay thousands of miles from home and family when they don't have to.

Me, I'd prefer two or three or four episodes of the quality of writing and acting of Abyss over 20 lacklustre ones, desprately shuffling round RDA's schedule.
                  Last edited by Frostfox; 18 December 2004, 02:21 AM. Reason: squiffy spelling
                  sigpic

Comment

I think almost everyone would be sad if RDA left Stargate forever. On the other hand I completly agree with Frostfox - I think it would be much better to have a lot of RDA in a few episodes than having him around in every episode but just for the sake of being there and not because it is necessary. ..

Comment

Originally posted by elvital
                      I think almost everyone would be sad if RDA left Stargate forever. On the other hand I completly agree with Frostfox - I think it would be much better to have a lot of RDA in a few episodes than having him around in every episode but just for the sake of being there and not because it is necessary. ..
                      if RDA leaves.... SO DO I!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Easter Lily
                        I think I know how Acid Burn feels though... what some of you have said is sensible but I don't think I feel too sensible about RDA leaving either.
                        My head tells me that character, story development and plot should be paramount but my heart is saddened by the thought that this season could be his last. I'm not sure if the show will be the same without Jack O'Neil.
                        Of course it wouldn't be the same. It wasn't the same without Daniel. It's just not true to say that it couldn't be good; it would just be different.

On the one hand, Jack O'Neill is a major part of Stargate; on the other hand, so is Daniel Jackson and they managed without him for a season. On the gripping hand, I don't think the writing's been up to speed for a while now, so the whole issue may be moot.

Comment

[QUOTE=Acid Burn]I will NEVER watch another episide..

Me too!
                          If RDA wants to step out (and I´m not saying he can´t do that, because I understand all this family stuff) , I´m stepping out myself.

Ana
                          " I was never their age"

Comment

I´m actually hoping that he´ll leave soon. Since he isnot willing to but in the time needed to be an effective member of the cast the show would be much better of just writing him out.

I watch stargate to be entertained and while I do think O´Neill is one of the best sci-fi characters of all time I just hate how he is writin now, he´s hardly ever there and it´s obvious how the writers are desperate to find ways of keeping him in the show.

TPTB should take the money they are throwing at RDA and put it toward more effects and better story lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd
                              TPTB should take the money they are throwing at RDA and put it toward more effects and better story lines.
                              Um...RDA is the PTB and much of the series' throwin' money is his.

Comment

Working...
                              X