Naquadria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Naquadria

Does anyone think it's possible to use naquadria for power generation it would be a massive advantage if it were. We know that we can continue to make our normal generators better and better to the point where in the future a mark xii can power atlantis' shield for a few centuries.

The power output from naquadria is multiple times more than that of naquada but it seems it is fundamentally flawed the more energy you draw the less stable the naquadria becomes. Doesn't this mean that the more efficiently you draw power from it as we obviously do with naquada the harder it would be to maintain stability or is it completely impossible, Anubis' scientist couldn't manage it. My own opinion is that it's impossible as the better your generation the more unstable it becomes, its like a cascade. You could draw minor amounts but that means the tech isn't worth pursuing.

I'm not so sure we haven't already solved that problem, no one has stated what our 304s use for power, they stated in season 6 that Naquadria is the only thing that produces enough power to move the Prometheus which is smaller. Maybe our Naquadah generators are a lot more efficient or we have a new power source, but Langara was over run and lost in the war with the Ori, if we go there maybe we can salvage some Naquadria or we can use the process the first gould used to create it.
    Their white flags are no match to our guns!!

Comment

We do have the research notes from the original so we might have found away to use Naquadria.
      http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

Comment

the simplest solution: draw moderate amounts of power ( the instability is manageable and controllable and within reason), and use multiple capacitor banks to equal out the power.

also, instead of 1 major generator, use multiple nuclear cores within the same reactor.

Comment

The instability of the naquadriah.

Sorry, had to say it. It comes up in episode dialogue anytime use of naquadriah is mentioned.

Comment

which helps us how?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
              which helps us how?
              It was just a joke. If you want hard answers to technical problems about a fictional element, there is no help for you. Sorry.

Comment

If you want hard answers to technical problems about a fictional element, there is no help for you. Sorry.
                if you think that way, what are you doing in the sci and tech section? picking apart episodes and putting in a scientific or atleast logical or possible explanation is our daily job

Comment

if you think that way, what are you doing in the sci and tech section? picking apart episodes and putting in a scientific or atleast logical or possible explanation is our daily job
                  Alright I'll be blunter... I made a joke, because everytime they tried to do ANYTHING with naquadriah in the show, magic instability always came up to ruin it. How that isn't relevant to a discussion of use of naquadriah is beyond me, but you trolled my post when it was just meant to be a light hearted remark. Troll less please. If you don't like what I have to say ignore it. Thank you.

Comment

sigh.

as i said, have 3-4 seperate reactor cores in the same reactor. so four seperate reaction chambers. keep the energy high but the instability (which increases exponentially, so the instability can be predicted) within safe limits. multiple capacitor banks equal out the power to the ship so no unpredicted spikes can happen (well they do, but within the reactor within safe limits).

it would generate more power, and if that's impossible due to safety, at least due to the higher energy you need to refuel less

Comment

even if we could find a means to safely extract power from naquadria, its still really rare and only found on jonas's planet and is dangerous to make so if we were to ever design a technology to be powered by a naquadria reactor, we would eventually run out of naquadria making whatever requires naquadria level power, useless.

oh yeah, and id also like to point out that we already found a way to make naquadria reactors work because the reactor modual for the promethius worked untill they passed through the gravitational whatnot and burned out the buffer and if you simply installed a couple redundant buffers youd have a functioning naquadria reactor.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

naquahdriah can be easily made. take a conventional nuke, strap a brick of naquahdriah to it, and blow it on a naquahdah-rich planet. (actually, not too rich or the conversion causes massive earthquakes)

Comment

And after fly by ship and pick it pieces by pieces...
                          sigpic
                          - SteamID user since 2005 -- you can add me - visit steam translation server brazil @ Steelbox

Comment

naquahdriah can be easily made. take a conventional nuke, strap a brick of naquahdriah to it, and blow it on a naquahdah-rich planet. (actually, not too rich or the conversion causes massive earthquakes)
                            naquahdriah and is suitable only for those bombs. Well, to blow up a couple of planets. For other applications, it is not appropriate. Even Anubis was not able to stabilize.
                            Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                            SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

it is inherently instable. uranium is unstable too. we simply keep control of the reaction. naquahdriah could be used that way too

Comment

Working...
                              X