• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rabid (903)

Visit the Episode GuideSMALLVILLE SEASON NINE
    RABID
    EPISODE NUMBER - 903

All of Metropolis is infected by a terrifying virus that causes hyperaggression in its victims.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 09 May 2011, 03:18 PM.

that was.. ridiculous

zombies?? give me a break!

and funny how they can spray antibodies from one little blood sample all over Metropolis.
    and then people heal instantly of course

Comment

Overall, I did enjoy this episode. I loved the horror movie feel of it.
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

How different, but I enjoyed the episode. By the way, this is my first episode i've ever watched of Smallville....and I think I will keep watching, although I have 8 seasons to catch up on. The only odd thing is Supes isnt Supes yet, or so it seems.

Comment

This was a great episode. I love zombies so I was thrilled to see Clark go up against them.

Comment

Originally posted by Replicator Todd View Post
            How different, but I enjoyed the episode. By the way, this is my first episode i've ever watched of Smallville....and I think I will keep watching, although I have 8 seasons to catch up on. The only odd thing is Supes isnt Supes yet, or so it seems.
            That's the whole point of Smallville...the creation of Superman. It is their take on how did Clark become Superman.

This season seems promising so far. I quite liked this episode after I was ready to toss it under the bus of terrible episodes for the inclusion of zombies. The whole zombie thing was hilarious, and I laughed my way through all of that. I just could not take it seriously...though at least it had a good reason for existing. Props for going the Resident Evil/28 Days type zombie route.

I just totally ignored creating the cure and its distribution because some of the quality of writing on this show often has to be ignored, imo, but the more serious character stuff was good...like finally closing the book on Lana. FINALLY!!

I liked the Zod scene at the end. Ruthless. Was rather iffy on him in the first episode this season, but this was better. I'm actually looking forward to where this is going.

The visual filming and directing of this episode was great though.

Oh and nooooo!!! they killed security guard George...he played Gage, one of the two scuzzy Pegasus guys for anyone that watched BSG. Because of his small role on BSG, I noticed him in Smallville. He's been in several eps going back to season 6 I believe when he started out working for Lionel and then moved over to Lex and met his grizzly fate this season.... Lana tried to kill him last season when she shot him. I thought he might last the rest of the show. The security people on this show have short life spans.
            IMO always implied.

Comment

Still not sure how i feel about this episode yet.. I'm not sure they should have gone down the old zombie road.. but hey atleast the storyline had a reason for going down that road, which could have made the kryptonians (sp?) 1 step closer to getting there powers.

I cant wait for a clark + kryptonian showdown!

Comment

I’ve never been the greatest fan of zombie stories. There are only so many variations on that theme, and they all pretty much progress in the same way once the action begins. These aren’t “zombies” in the traditional sense, of course, but the net effect is the same. People are infected, people go crazy and try to eat/kill people, it spreads, people fight to survive and resolve said issue. Not much to it.

Not that I blame the writing staff for taking their own stab at it. Zombies are very much the rage in recent years, so why not join in the over-saturation? I could think of a number of reasons, but when the popular culture is into something, genre shows tend to jump on the bandwagon. “Smallville” has been particularly willing to jump into such waters over the years, and this is no exception.

As usual, the interesting element is the origin of the contagion. In this case, it was developed from the blood of Davis Bloome, presumably by Zod, which is a nice bit of circular storytelling. After all, Doomsday was the genetically-altered “son” of Zod according to the eighth season, so this is a nice touch. This would especially be true if Major Zod was not simply a clone, but rather displaced in time.

This is a big episode for the Clark/Lois relationship, right down to the moment where Clark seems to set aside his yearning for Lana and dedicate himself to moving on with his life. That would have felt a lot more organic and believable had last season’s Lana Arc not taken place. Having Clark stare wistfully at Lana’s picture doesn’t bring closure; it just reminds the audience that Clark isn’t with Lana because Lex made it impossible for them to be together. Clark might be moving on pragmatically, but emotionally, it will never be resolved.

Even so, it was good to see Lois shift from her simpering obsession with the Blur to a more normal relationship, and Clark feels like the right move. A lot of the foundation of that relationship was covered in the previous season, but the writers have actually allowed this relationship to evolve more naturally than, say, the Lana/Lex relationship. There’s no doubt that Lois and Clark have plenty of chemistry.

Speaking of chemistry, while I would never consider linking them together romantically, Chloe and Emil work together very well. I don’t remember where Emil comes from in particular, but I hope he doesn’t turn out to be evil. Chloe needs an ally to help her find direction in her role as Watchtower, especially now that the core of the “league” has completely fallen off the wagon.

I consider Oliver Queen to be one of the best additions to the “Smallville” cast. Without knowing anything about the Green Arrow, I feel as though the character has been fully rendered over the past few seasons. His current character arc seems a bit disconnected from the rest of the plot, but his inclusion in Lois’ visions would seem to suggest that his character arc has a long way to go.

I still worry that the writers are moving a bit too quickly for their own good, but the season is picking up much-needed steam. Now that Zod knows that there is a Kryptonian with powers, there is a good pretext for putting him on an immediate collision course with Clark. With the sweeps period coming in just a few weeks, I wouldn’t be surprised to see an appearance by Jor-El in the wings as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Heaven View Post
                  that was.. ridiculous

zombies?? give me a break!

and funny how they can spray antibodies from one little blood sample all over Metropolis.
                  and then people heal instantly of course
                  I agree! I found the episode uterly rediculous! What does Zombies have anything to do with Clark and his journey to become Superman. Really lame idea! I kept wanting to puke, all the zombies were drooling, so lame!

And yeah, they healed pretty fast, lol.

Curious question, in that last scene where Clark is preventing Lois was attacking him, she's like hurting her teeth clamming them like that, yet when she's better, her teeth have no damage!?!

I'm not liking smallville season 9 at all! Sorry, lame episode.

Comment

Working...
                  X