• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fracture (203)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON TWO
    FRACTURE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 203

After a Philadelphia police officer is converted into a human bomb, the team must identify the trigger man and other walking weapons. Meanwhile, Olivia grows frustrated with her unorthodox rehab.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 23 July 2013, 07:59 PM.

Didn't really like this episode.
    Spoiler:
    it seemed the main point was about Olivia Dunham over coming who medical problems.

Comment

Personnally I liked it. My opinion reflects on specific scenes or ideas from that ep, so there be spoilers. Ye be warned LOL

Spoiler:
      And I liked the way Olivia gets frustrated, because this would be me should I had been in her shoes LOL. But as usual, I finished the ep with more questions than when I started it, and it feels good somehow. Although I still don't understand what's the point. The war... What is it then? Observer vs. ZFT. ZFT vs. regular people. Is the shapeshifter part of the Observers POV on that war? If not, why did it attack Olivia and tried to prevent the meeting with Bell. If they are on the Observer's side, why does it use the typing machine to receive instructions while the actual Observer uses carriers, suitcases and pictures...

Anyway, it opened a hatch of new possibilities and if the episode somehow included part of Olivia's "recovery", that's for a good reason and I like it. First of, it helps from the character's point of view: I'd hated it if she was with a canne in one ep and the following she'd magically have no use for it and walk as if nothing happened. In that perspective, I liked Sam's role. Not really a healer, more like a guide, the one person that can say "If you want it to happen, it will". Or in this case, it would be more like "don't try too hard. Let it come one step at a time and you'll do fine". I had to laugh when she said "I came here because someone told me you could fix me" or something like that, and the guy just looks back, then down on her hip and then behind her as she follows his look... and realizes she just walked with no help or support. Her face was priceless... Anyway, that's how I see the matter.

As for the memories coming back.... well, it had to come back at some point, right? I mean, you just have to watch season 1's "Abilities" to understand that there is much more to Olivia Dunham's mind that meets the eye... But I'm still wondering about the super-hearing from the previous episode, though.

Please forgive if my opinion hadn't been made clear on some point. It's still hard for me to express the right ideas in a language that is not my mother tongue. But promise, I try my best LOL

Comment

I really liked this episode. Much better than the Gollumesque horror story of the previous week. I especially liked the bit of backstory we got about Peter and the Sam of the bowling alley angle. I must say I like vulnerable Olivia better than the "I'm so tough FBI agent I have to prove something" from last season.
        It's interesting to see that others have picked on the strange Pattern happenings.
        sigpic
        "When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

Comment

Meh... seems like the show is slowly SLOWLY building up to something big, but I wonder if we'll ever bloody get there!

I thought Olivia's spew scene, "stumbling" across the hidden cache of injection vials was cheap and nasty. Awful writing there.

What intrigues me is that the Observer is keeping an eye on Walter. I just can't wait for the episode where Fringe division meets their doppelgangers and works together to solve a mystery.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Dusk View Post
            I just can't wait for the episode where Fringe division meets their doppelgangers and works together to solve a mystery.
            Will there even be such an episode? I wonder... I'm pondering alot about the "whatever is in the briefcase is gonna destroy us all"... Is this why Walter was sent to St Claire's? Where he obviously got drugged enough to forget so many things and all. I wonder. Plus the Observer seemed so 'nice' to him in the finale. But what makes me scratch my head the most is that Walter somehow seems to know about them and maybe about their plans... Remember the "it's time" the Observer said in the finale?

Comment

Originally posted by Azeleen View Post
              Will there even be such an episode? I wonder... I'm pondering alot about the "whatever is in the briefcase is gonna destroy us all"... Is this why Walter was sent to St Claire's? Where he obviously got drugged enough to forget so many things and all. I wonder. Plus the Observer seemed so 'nice' to him in the finale. But what makes me scratch my head the most is that Walter somehow seems to know about them and maybe about their plans... Remember the "it's time" the Observer said in the finale?
              I remember it clearly. It will be really great to see where this all leads.
              sigpic
              MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
              "...phu...ah..."
              "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
              Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

If we ever discover it LOL . It may last a while before we know things, they'll just keep coming with other questions ^^ .
                But, even though I've never been a really great fan of Alias or Lost, I'm really hooked on Fringe. Fracture was great, keeps us wondering about it all.

Comment

Working...
                X