• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night of Desirable Objects (202)

Visit the Episode GuideFRINGE SEASON TWO
    NIGHT OF DESIRABLE OBJECTS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 202

A series of disappearances in a small town leads to an underground creature and a man who may be protecting it. Agent Dunham begins to experience heightened senses as a result of her ordeal.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >
    Last edited by Darren; 23 July 2013, 07:57 PM.

When will people learn that when you hear a sound in the corn field it's never a good thing.

Anyway, this was fantastic. Very X-Filish and creepy, very much like "Squeeze/Tooms" or "The Host". Had me on the edge of my seat, and even made me jump when the creature grabbed Olivia.

Love Peter's new take charge attitude and really, really want to know what's up with Olivia's super hearing.

Very interesting what's going on with Charlie. I wonder if holding the same shape is a problem, as when he's not with Olivia or anyone who knows him, he looks like he's in terrible pain.

And what an 'awwww" moment between Walter and Peter there at the end.

Definitely a gripping, enjoyable episode.
    sigpic

Comment

yep, I must say this aswell, what an enjoyable episode! and the story arc with olivia dunham (shes hot again ) and the whole alternate universe thing is really awesome! kinda reminds me of sliders...
      sigpic

Comment

Great episode, can't wait to see what's going on with Olivia too. Obviously its all related to the drug she was given as a kid on the army base, be interesting to see how this all develops. It's just great to see Walter in action again with his weird and whacky view on things. I'm glad Peter is looking out for Olivia, it's going to be tough when she finds out about Charlie. Oh, it's all so sad about him, guess that's what makes this show so watchable, really don't want to see when it's all revealed about Charlie, but I'll still be watching though!!!

If the cornfield has a scarecrow with a crow on its shoulder (apart from it being a totally useless scarecrow), that should be an extra warning about going in there as well! I'm starting to wonder how many versions of the 'mutant' roaming underground can turn up! This one was a good one, the thought of a 'baby' burrowing out of its coffin! *shudder* I'm sure they used the same house for the location as Supernatural did with their version of the mutant kids living in the walls of the house!

Comment

I think that's the stock "creepy house" in Vancouver. I've seen it in several shows.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG View Post
            I think that's the stock "creepy house" in Vancouver. I've seen it in several shows.
            This is the problem with so much being filmed in Vancouver. The Vancouver Art Gallery is always the 'government building'. The CGI'd Washington scene in last weeks episode was still shot on the steps of the Art Gallery! I do appreciate how this show does keep the landscapes to a minimum and concentrates on the close ups more. I think they are really conscious of this. When you drive through the landscape on a daily basis it is nice not to have to see it on screen all the time too, as much as I do love the scenery! You never know maybe one day a show will set one of their episodes in Vancouver itself!! I've only seen this in the X-Files' season 5 finale.

Comment

Nice episode. One particularity of the episode is the event in the episode is not directly part of the Pattern. Its a scientist making an "personal" experiment on his wife so they could have a child.
              Currently watching: Dark Matter, 12 Monkeys, Doctor Who, Under the Dome, The Mentalist, The Messengers, The Last Ship, Elementary, Dominion, The Whispers, Extant, Olympus, Da Vinci's Demons, Vikings

Comment

Originally posted by Commander Zelix View Post
                Nice episode. One particularity of the episode is the event in the episode is not directly part of the Pattern. Its a scientist making an "personal" experiment on his wife so they could have a child.
                Yeah, it is nice to have stories occasionally not linked to the Pattern. I really enjoyed this one, and can't wait to see where they are going with Olivia.
                sigpic
                MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                "...phu...ah..."
                "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Walter was so emotional this episode, first with Olivia in the lab and then with Peter. How sad he didn't know that Peter was referring to him.

Olivia has super hearing! Nice. Wonder what other side effects will show up. Did you notice the tremors in her hand when she was leaving the hospital?

NotCharlie was looking pretty bad when he went to typing class. I love that prop. I wonder how long the alien can live inside his body.

Other than Olivia's super hearing, I wasn't too impressed with this ep. It reminded me of an old Xfile ep, the one where the mother was living under the bed.
                  Chicago Con Attendee 2011
                  Chicago Con Attendee 2010
                  GateCon Attendee 2008
                  Vancouver Con Attendee 2007

Comment

Originally posted by pisces27 View Post
                    Walter was so emotional this episode, first with Olivia in the lab and then with Peter. How sad he didn't know that Peter was referring to him.

Olivia has super hearing! Nice. Wonder what other side effects will show up. Did you notice the tremors in her hand when she was leaving the hospital?

NotCharlie was looking pretty bad when he went to typing class. I love that prop. I wonder how long the alien can live inside his body.

Other than Olivia's super hearing, I wasn't too impressed with this ep. It reminded me of an old Xfile ep, the one where the mother was living under the bed.
                    I thought that the alien killed him and shape-shifted to look like Charlie.
                    Or am I wrong?

Comment

Working...
                    X