PDA

View Full Version : Myka Bering/Joanne Kelly Appreciation thread

SunKrux
September 15th, 2009, 07:06 PM
It's no secret that I am a HUGE fan of Joanne's and that she is the reason I tuned it to the show. Thankfully I love the show as well. I'm loving her as Myka. :D I think Joanne is fabulously talented and brings a lot to Myka that I don't think any other actor could.

Gem of Tigress
October 1st, 2009, 06:22 PM
Hi.

Myka is my fave character in WH 13 and i was really happy to find this thread. so thanks for making it :).

G.T.

SunKrux
October 1st, 2009, 08:46 PM
YAY! Now there are 2 of us here. I was getting all sad and lonely. :D

Gem of Tigress
October 2nd, 2009, 06:10 AM
Well, i'm glad you don't have to feel all lonely! :)

G.T.

SunKrux
October 3rd, 2009, 01:24 PM
You won't have to feel all lonely either. :D Have you seen anything else that Joanne has been in? :D

Gem of Tigress
October 3rd, 2009, 03:51 PM
No I haven't, unfortunately :(

But i hope to.:)

G.T.

Gem of Tigress
October 3rd, 2009, 04:29 PM
No I haven't, unfortunately :(

Oops :o

let me rephrase that, i don't think i have, but i may have and just not noticed :D

Krissie678
October 3rd, 2009, 06:05 PM
I was rewatching 'Castle' after WH13 started airing and noticed Joanne in 'Ghosts'. It didn't click until then as to where I had seen her before.

lunarleviathan
October 4th, 2009, 04:41 AM
She was a a recurring character in the short-lived The Dresden Files as Bianca. She wasn't bad in it -- certainly made for a very hot vampire chick.

SunKrux
October 4th, 2009, 06:06 PM
Oops :o

let me rephrase that, i don't think i have, but i may have and just not noticed :D

No worries. I totally understand. :D

I was rewatching 'Castle' after WH13 started airing and noticed Joanne in 'Ghosts'. It didn't click until then as to where I had seen her before.

Yeah, she was Lee Wax in that eps. Too bad she wasn't in it more. :D

She was a a recurring character in the short-lived The Dresden Files as Bianca. She wasn't bad in it -- certainly made for a very hot vampire chick.

She totally ROCKED as Bianca, imho. :D

DigiFluid
October 10th, 2009, 06:17 PM
She constantly looks like she's about to cry, and she looks like she might break every time she smiles.

But I like her just the same, the show wouldn't be the same if it weren't her and Eddie McClintock playing off each other :)

Killdeer
October 10th, 2009, 06:34 PM

Oh yeah! She was good in that episode. :)

SunKrux
October 11th, 2009, 10:45 AM
She constantly looks like she's about to cry, and she looks like she might break every time she smiles.

I happen to disagree with you. When she smiles her whole face lights up. That's one of the things I like most about Joanne. Very few people have that spark when they smile.

But I like her just the same, the show wouldn't be the same if it weren't her and Eddie McClintock playing off each other :)

She and Eddie play very well off each other that's for sure. :D

Gem of Tigress
October 11th, 2009, 06:05 PM
I happen to disagree with you. When she smiles her whole face lights up. That's one of the things I like most about Joanne. Very few people have that spark when they smile

I agree.

SunKrux
October 20th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Hey gang, if you're on livejournal.com come join the fan community for Joanne Kelly - Joanne Kelly LJ Community (http://community.livejournal.com/joannekelly) (you must be a member to post to this comm).

My co-maintainer there found an article from this past weekend's Big Apple Comic Con that features a bit of an interview with Joanne. (http://poptimal.com/2009/10/big-apple-comic-con-little-geek-haven/)

Scroll down to almost the bottom. You'll see a pic of Joanne & Saul. I'd post the teeny bit of an interview here, but there is a swear word in it, so the filter would block it out. It's nothing horrible but I can't be bothered. ;) It's a great little interview. :D

ETA: You can also follow the comm on Twitter - JKLJC on Twitter (http://twitter.com/JKLJC)

jelgate
October 20th, 2009, 09:25 PM
Done;)

Gem of Tigress
October 21st, 2009, 06:31 PM
Sweet.

SunKrux
November 17th, 2009, 10:48 PM
For those of you not on live journal, here's a link to Joanne Kelly singing. :D

It's a scene from the movie Going the Distance she was in several years ago: (there is at least one swear word, so you have been warned)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LQjd0TPMAY

SunKrux
December 11th, 2009, 07:29 AM
Joanne's birthday is coming up (if the info on imdb is correct, it's the 22nd of this month) and want to wish her a happy birthday? Go here: JKLJC Birthday Donation post (http://community.livejournal.com/joannekelly/8171.html) and click the "donate" button at the bottom of the post. She supports ASPCA and the donations will be going to that as a group. The donations are being collected through PayPal and then will be donated all at once through the ASPCA website in Joanne's honor.

If you're not a member of the Joanne Kelly Live Journal comm, you can still donate as this post is open to all. However, not sure if non- members can post a birthday wish as a comment. If you can't please send me a PM through GW and I'll add it to the card I'll be making to send to her. You have until the 16th to donate and send birthday wishes so the card can be mailed in time to reach her agents by or on her birthday.

Rule for posting/sending a birthday wish:
If you'd like to wish Joanne Happy Birthday, please do so in the comments (at the LJ comm if it will let you, if not pm me here at GW). Please keep it as short as possible (no longer than a paragraph or two anything longer and I'll edit the heck out of it). Also I reserve the right to edit anything inappropriate out (you know, like asking her personal questions).

Feel free to pass this on to other Joanne Fans you might know who don't surf here. Please do NOT mention it on the SyFy Warehouse 13 site or Facebook on the off chance that Joanne surfs either of those places.

Thanks! :D Any questions please PM me. :D

SunKrux
January 26th, 2010, 07:37 PM
If you missed Joanne's Castle eps - Ghosts, it's on again in the US on ABC this Saturday night at 10 p.m. Eastern/Pacific. :D

SunKrux
February 22nd, 2010, 07:20 PM
Joanne will appear in this weeks eps of The Deep End on ABC (US only). The show airs at 8 p.m. on 25 February eastern/pacific. :D

SunKrux
March 16th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Photo of Joanne with Joshua Gates (http://twitpic.com/1917ix) (he's on either Ghost Hunters or Destination Truth - don't watch either so I haven't a clue) at SyFy's Upfront party that was held tonight, photo taken by Craig Engler (aka @SyFy on Twitter (http://twitter.com/Syfy))

SunKrux
March 16th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Some even better pics of Joanne at the SyFy Upfront party (I'm working on getting bigger copies...)

Wired Image photos of Joanne (one with Eddie) at the SyFy Upfront party (http://www.wireimage.com/SearchResults.aspx?igi=422313&s=Joanne%20Kelly&sfld=C&vwmd=e)

DigiFluid
March 16th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Bleh, the WireImages site wants you to log in. Nuts to that.

I looked at the previous pic though, and I gotta say--I love the straightened dark hair. Love it. Wow, just....smokin', wow.

SunKrux
March 16th, 2010, 11:07 PM
Bleh, the WireImages site wants you to log in. Nuts to that.

I looked at the previous pic though, and I gotta say--I love the straightened dark hair. Love it. Wow, just....smokin', wow.

You should be able to see the smaller images without having to sign in. I'm working on a way to get the images from there...but that's all I can say. ;)

I like her hair straight but I prefer it curly...curly hair rules. ;) :D :lol: Too many women (especially) with curly hair due to society and "fashion" are straightening their naturally curly hair. I say flaunt it since on the flip side, a lot of women with straight hair PAY to get curly hair. :lol:

DigiFluid
March 17th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Generally I dig women with curly hair, personally.

It's just that damn she looks good with straightened hair!

DigiFluid
March 17th, 2010, 07:25 PM
Another great picture at io9 (http://io9.com/5495151/warehouse-13-actors-talk-season-2-guest-stars-and-super-capers)

SunKrux
March 17th, 2010, 07:57 PM
Digi - she looks good period. :D :lol:

DigiFluid
March 17th, 2010, 08:26 PM
I think the difference here, in her case, is simply....curly, good-looking; straight, out of this world :D

SunKrux
March 18th, 2010, 06:54 AM
Says you. I think she's hot no matter what she does to her hair. :D

Gem of Tigress
March 18th, 2010, 09:15 AM
she really looks different with the straight hair, but it looks good. :D

DigiFluid
March 18th, 2010, 03:04 PM
I just think the curly/straight difference is like....the difference between the girl at work you're working up the nerve to ask out vs. the girl at the bar you hope will throw you down on your bed and and....sorry, my mind was wandering :D

SunKrux
March 27th, 2010, 08:24 AM
If you want to see one of Joanne's first movies and live in the US and have Comedy Central, set your DVR for 3 a.m. April 3rd to catch the movie Going the Distance. Joanne plays Sasha (and she sings in this movie). It's a National Lampoon movie so be warned that it will have some crass humor and is not appropriate for any one under 16 (imho). It's kinda funny and Joanne's really good in it.

SunKrux
April 3rd, 2010, 01:08 PM
Selling Innocence: 16 April on Lifetime Movie Network at 4 p.m.

Playing House: 9 May on Lifetime Movie Network at 12 p.m.

So set those DVRs. Also if you go to http://www.lmn.tv/search/index.php and do a search on both movies (individually is all it allows) you can have the site send you an email reminder the day before each movie airs.

SunKrux
May 6th, 2010, 08:41 PM
Joanne interview with Electric Playground (http://www.elecplay.com/episode/20/113)

Here's a link to site called Electric Playground. One of the folks there got to interview Joanne (looks like on set of WH13 even) Once on the site, scroll to the WH13 image and click that. It will take you to the section of video that is just Joanne's interview. It's about 2 minutes long and stops when it's over (around 2:12 into the vid).

Short but sweet vid and she looks fabulous. :D

SunKrux
July 9th, 2010, 10:46 PM
Here's a link to an interview Joanne did at UGO.com

If you haven't watched up to S2 premiere, do not click the link, SPOILERS

Warehouse 13 - Joanne Kelly Talks Season Two (http://www.ugo.com/tv/warehouse-13-s-joanne-kelly-talks-season-two)

DigiFluid
July 13th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Watching this weekend's episode....oh my goodness, so gorgeous :D

SunKrux
July 26th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Here is an awesome interview with the fabulous Joanne.
Chuck the Movie Guy interviews Joanne Kelly @ San Diego Comic Con (http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=XTdl4Gl3MNM&feature=channel)

SunKrux
July 31st, 2010, 10:39 AM
US SyFy is airing one of Joanne's movies tonight, Saturday 31 July. The movie is Jack Hunter & The Lost Treasure of Ugarit. It's a fun movie and Joanne is gorgeous and fabulous in it. :D It airs at 9 p.m. Eastern/Pacific. Set that DVR. :D Hopefully it does well so they'll air the other two movies in this series. :D

DigiFluid
July 31st, 2010, 10:41 AM
Isn't she always gorgeous and fabulous? :D

SunKrux
July 31st, 2010, 10:43 AM
Isn't she always gorgeous and fabulous? :D

Well yeah, but it never hurts to say it, again...and again. :D :P

Galileo_Galilee
September 22nd, 2010, 11:55 AM
So did the actress opt out of her contract with the show in some way?

SunKrux
September 22nd, 2010, 06:25 PM

No. I seriously doubt it. I think this was in the works the whole season and she will be back next season.

Spimman
September 23rd, 2010, 08:45 AM

Do we know how many seasons she is contractually locked into?

jelgate
September 23rd, 2010, 10:11 AM
Do we know how many seasons she is contractually locked into?

It would be strange for a main character to only have a two season contract. The original contracts tend to be for many years usually to 4-5 years because of the "syndication number:

Spimman
September 23rd, 2010, 01:25 PM
It would be strange for a main character to only have a two season contract. The original contracts tend to be for many years usually to 4-5 years because of the "syndication number:

I don't know much about these kinds of things, but I assume these contracts lock the actors in to the show but only IF the studio chooses to renew them. So this really doesn't prove anything either way?

jelgate
September 23rd, 2010, 01:29 PM
I don't know much about these kinds of things, but I assume these contracts lock the actors in to the show but only IF the studio chooses to renew them. So this really doesn't prove anything either way?

Yes and no. The contract is held for so many years but the producers can choose to end it whenever they want.

Spimman
September 24th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Yes and no. The contract is held for so many years but the producers can choose to end it whenever they want.

That's what I figured.

Why is it that contracts for movie stars and big name network TV stars are more often public than SyFy actors?

jelgate
September 24th, 2010, 01:02 PM
That's what I figured.

Why is it that contracts for movie stars and big name network TV stars are more often public than SyFy actors?

You kind of already answered that. They are big name gauging more media press

SunKrux
November 23rd, 2010, 04:25 PM
Joanne will be a guest star on CSI Miami on 5 December 2010, in the US. Check your local listings for time if you're outside the Eastern or Pacific time zones. It's on at 10 p.m. Eastern/Pacific.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCV_6chs9ws&feature=player_embedded

Do not know when/if it will air outside the US.

mandogater
November 23rd, 2010, 09:37 PM
Joanne will be a guest star on CSI Miami on 5 December 2010, in the US. Check your local listings for time if you're outside the Eastern or Pacific time zones. It's on at 10 p.m. Eastern/Pacific.
Do not know when/if it will air outside the US.

I must remember this!!! It mightget me back into watching the CSIs.

SunKrux
November 23rd, 2010, 10:39 PM
I must remember this!!! It mightget me back into watching the CSIs.

It's just one episode and that's the only one I'm going to watch. ;) :lol:

mandogater
November 24th, 2010, 09:40 PM
It's just one episode and that's the only one I'm going to watch. ;) :lol:

True, but I used to watch the show and got away from it. And I would probably watch Joanne's guest spots on just about any show. Her appearance on Castle was my favorite episode of the season.

SunKrux
November 24th, 2010, 11:05 PM
True, but I used to watch the show and got away from it. And I would probably watch Joanne's guest spots on just about any show. Her appearance on Castle was my favorite episode of the season.

I wasn't watching Castle regularly when her ep was on. I was afraid that if I got in to Castle it would surely be canceled. I didn't start watching it religiously until S2. I have pretty much caught up on all of S1. I purchased Joanne's ep off iTunes. :D I can watch it any time I want. :D

I just watched Joanne's appearance on the short lived The Dresden Files. :D She rocked as Bianca.

mandogater
November 25th, 2010, 09:14 PM
I wasn't watching Castle regularly when her ep was on. I was afraid that if I got in to Castle it would surely be canceled. I didn't start watching it religiously until S2. I have pretty much caught up on all of S1. I purchased Joanne's ep off iTunes. :D I can watch it any time I want. :D

I just watched Joanne's appearance on the short lived The Dresden Files. :D She rocked as Bianca.

What is The Dresden Files? I think I have heard other people mention it on this forum but I've never seen it.

SunKrux
November 25th, 2010, 11:40 PM
The Dresden Files imdb.com page (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486657/). It was a short lived series on SyFy (when it was still SciFi) based on the books, The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. You can get the series on DVD. :D It was a lot of fun. Joanne's Bianca was a lot. And I mean a LOT nicer then the Book!Bianca. :D

mandogater
November 27th, 2010, 11:21 PM
The Dresden Files imdb.com page (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0486657/). It was a short lived series on SyFy (when it was still SciFi) based on the books, The Dresden Files by Jim Butcher. You can get the series on DVD. :D It was a lot of fun. Joanne's Bianca was a lot. And I mean a LOT nicer then the Book!Bianca. :D

Thanks. It looks interesting. I'll have to keep an eye out for it.

Pharaoh Atem
December 7th, 2010, 08:30 PM
myka was awesome as ever in the Christmas special

SunKrux
December 8th, 2010, 04:11 PM
Yes she was. I loved when she pelted Pete with the snowball and her laugh, gigglesnort and happy dance after. Absolutely adorable. :D I loved the quiet moments with her and Pete too. Her relating to the little girl. All in all the Warehouse 13 Holiday special was why I love the show. It's about family.

mandogater
December 8th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Myka pelting Pete with the snowball and her small celebration after was one of the best parts of the episode.

SunKrux
December 15th, 2010, 08:37 PM
Joanne has sorta been busy during the off season from filming WH13. First there was CSI Miami and now...

No Ordinary Family. :D

"No Ordinary Detention" - While Internal Affairs officer Rachel Jacobs (Joanne Kelly, "Warehouse 13") investigates reports of a rogue cop, Jim risks revealing himself as the prime suspect when the police station is overrun by a group of thugs, and he is the only hope of survival. Meanwhile, while trying to nurse an ailing Joshua back to health at the lab, Katie and Stephanie run into Human Resources VP Victoria Morrow (Rebecca Mader, "Lost") and begin to suspect that she isn't who she says she is,

ABC press release via SpoilerTV.com (http://www.spoilertv.com/2010/12/no-ordinary-family-episode-113-no_15.html)

According to the break down for NOF eps on their imdb page (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1591493/episodes), this ep I'm guessing is going to air sometime in February but I'm not 100% sure. As it gets closer I'll post another update.

WindowsME
December 16th, 2010, 09:37 PM
She is so beautiful.

SunKrux
December 16th, 2010, 09:51 PM
WME - no argument from me. She is frelling stunningly gorgeous, imho. :D And adorkable too.

WindowsME
December 16th, 2010, 09:53 PM
WME - no argument from me. She is frelling stunningly gorgeous, imho. :D And adorkable too.

Can add me to your list of people that are buying The Dresden Files Season 1 because of you.

SunKrux
December 16th, 2010, 09:54 PM
Can add me to your list of people that are buying The Dresden Files Season 1 because of you.

The show itself was really good and I was sad it didn't make it. BUT the show is the reason I became such a huge Joanne Kelly fan. OMG...Bianca...she totally rocks. Blew me away with her performance she did.

Pharaoh Atem
December 18th, 2010, 02:51 AM

and is a perfect fit for the show.

SunKrux
December 18th, 2010, 01:54 PM
and is a perfect fit for the show.

Yeppers. :) She's the main reason I started watching the show. :D I love the whole cast, they're all fabulous but yeah, Joanne is my fav. :D

MIZA
January 12th, 2011, 05:26 PM
Hey i was trying to find out when is her birthday?

Pharaoh Atem
January 12th, 2011, 07:48 PM
Hey i was trying to find out when is her birthday?

October 17

SunKrux
January 12th, 2011, 08:04 PM
October 17

Doubtful. I believe it's actually December 22nd.

MIZA
January 13th, 2011, 04:24 PM
so what year was she born in ? they say it is two different year ?

SunKrux
January 13th, 2011, 06:43 PM
so what year was she born in ? they say it is two different year ? 1978

SunKrux
January 17th, 2011, 09:56 AM
If you're in the US don't forget, to tune in to ABC's No Ordinary Family - eps 13, No Ordinary Detention (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1775894/)tomorrow night at 8 pm. Eastern/Pacific. Joanne is guest starring as Rachel Jacobs, the internal affiars officer. Can't wait! :D

SunKrux
January 19th, 2011, 08:40 PM
One of the best interviews with Joanne I've read in a long time. :D

ScifiAndTvTalk - Warehouse 13's Joanne Kelly - A Matter Of Trust (http://scifiandtvtalk.typepad.com/scifiandtvtalk/2011/01/warehouse-13s-joanne-kelly-a-matter-of-trust.html#)

SunKrux
February 8th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Here's a fun pic (provided by Eddie via his Twitter & Facebook accounts) Eddie & Joanne on SuperBowl Sunday (http://pics.livejournal.com/sunkrux/pic/0007s52t)

aretood2
February 10th, 2011, 05:29 AM
Myka has the geekiest laugh :P

SunKrux
March 3rd, 2011, 08:59 PM
If you're in the US don't forget, to tune in to ABC's No Ordinary Family - eps 13, No Ordinary Detention (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1775894/)tomorrow night at 8 pm. Eastern/Pacific. Joanne is guest starring as Rachel Jacobs, the internal affiars officer. Can't wait! :D

If you missed it the first time around & live in the US, this ep of No Ordinary Family is airing again on 8 March 2011 at 8 p.m. Eastern/Pacific (all other time zones, check your local listings). Joanne was really good in the ep. :D

Myka has the geekiest laugh :P

I love her laugh, especially from the Christmas Special after she pelts Pete with that snowball. It never ceases to make me smile or laugh myself, especially if I'm in a bad mood. :D

aretood2
March 5th, 2011, 06:27 AM
If you missed it the first time around & live in the US, this ep of No Ordinary Family is airing again on 8 March 2011 at 8 p.m. Eastern/Pacific (all other time zones, check your local listings). Joanne was really good in the ep. :D

I love her laugh, especially from the Christmas Special after she pelts Pete with that snowball. It never ceases to make me smile or laugh myself, especially if I'm in a bad mood. :D

Those two always make me laugh. Somehow I don't think Pete will be the same until he's partnered up with Myka again.

SunKrux
March 5th, 2011, 07:05 AM
Those two always make me laugh. Somehow I don't think Pete will be the same until he's partnered up with Myka again.

I don't think he will be either. Although I don't think he'll be all that happy with her since she did talk him into staying and then she left. I hope that it will be a bit awkward when she comes back and then they have a talk or even argue but eventually become stronger friends and partners for it.

SunKrux
April 10th, 2011, 07:25 PM
Here are a couple of pic spams I did recently...

Joanne Kelly - various roles (http://pics.livejournal.com/sunkrux/pic/000895pr)

Joanne in Jack Hunter and the Quest for Akenaton's Tomb (http://pics.livejournal.com/sunkrux/pic/0008ayeh)

P_Lote
May 4th, 2011, 08:05 AM
This page certainly needs more pages. Joanne Kelly is awesome!

SunKrux
May 5th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Since there hasn't been much news of what she's up to - which I hope means that she is working on WH13 but they're keeping it under wraps - there's not a lot to post about right now.

Yes Joanne is awesome. :D Welcome! :D

Pharaoh Atem
May 24th, 2011, 09:54 PM
Since there hasn't been much news of what she's up to - which I hope means that she is working on WH13 but they're keeping it under wraps - there's not a lot to post about right now.

Yes Joanne is awesome. :D Welcome! :D

i was about to ask about that

SunKrux
May 25th, 2011, 08:09 PM
In one of the spoiler threads for WH13, there is a link to the first promo photos from the first ep of S3. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

TeylaIsCool85
June 3rd, 2011, 07:51 PM
Im glad Im not alone , and I love Joanne so much , But never click on where i had seen her befrore in other show before WH13 but i really cant recall but loved way she doing perfect sad face and upset with saul on WH 13 that she was trapped in lewis carrol 's mirror :) thats one of finest acting skill of Joanne Kelly:) I was wondering is there any right address for asking an autograph picture? from her ? If you think not good idea let me know :)

TeylaIsCool85
June 12th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Hey there I checked on IMD and other website On Joanne's Birth date But it only say the year but no moth and date:( But How do u find that date ? as Like I knew Jaime Murray's..Well I know Joanne like to hid her personal stuff.. But I totally understand that :).....

Take care :)

SunKrux
June 12th, 2011, 01:05 PM
TeylaIsCool85 - check your pm's please. I answered the one you sent me.

Joanne does like to keep her private life, private and I hope everyone who likes, loves, adores her will respect that. :D

SunKrux
July 8th, 2011, 09:33 PM
SPOILERS BE IN THIS INTERVIEW!!

First Interview w/Joanne Kelly in regards to Warehouse 13 (http://tv.ign.com/articles/117/1179896p1.html)

YAY!!! I love when interviews are just with Joanne. :D

WingedPegasus
July 8th, 2011, 10:30 PM

First Interview w/Joanne Kelly in regards to Warehouse 13 (http://tv.ign.com/articles/117/1179896p1.html)

Hmm....

"Five months of getting up at 4am"?

Yeah, I think she's back. :P

mandogater
July 8th, 2011, 11:19 PM

It sure sounds like she's back. The sooner they get it all resloved the better.

SunKrux
July 9th, 2011, 10:29 AM
In a couple weeks I'll be attending San Diego Comic Con. Warehouse 13 will be there as will Eddie, Allison, Saul & Joanne, as well as Jack Kenny.

If you want to send a short fan letter to Joanne, I'm putting a fan book together, DEADLINE IS SUNDAY, 17 JULY. Send letters with "Joanne fan book" in subject line to jkljc13"at"gmail"dot"com

This is open to any one who is a fan of Joanne Kelly. For more information please go here: JKLJC - Send Love to Joanne (http://joannekelly.livejournal.com/63187.html)

So far I have 2 letters. Come on people, I know there are more than 3 people who love Joanne. ;)

TeylaIsCool85
July 9th, 2011, 04:15 PM
OMG her hair and the awsome interview was so awsome :) thanks sharing it, I love the Pic of her in way she is relaxed state:) And I knew shes def really Back:) I saw her in one of clips on tv abt wh13 shes was in it as she was rolling alongside pete and artie :)

Magnecite
July 10th, 2011, 06:33 PM
Is it just me or does it seem a bit odd to anyone else that the said Joanne Kelly interview should, a couple of days before the start of W13 Season 3, reveal what they've been keeping under wraps since last year i.e. the fate of two of the characters. It makes me think they've overegged the pudding and need to make things clear to those who are ignorant of the big clues raining like anvils from syfi over the last few months that all is well. So if anyone doesn't know the fate of or have we seen the last of ......read JK's article.;)

DutchCarterLover
July 11th, 2011, 11:00 AM
Watching season 1 now. I must say I like her too :)

Spimman
July 11th, 2011, 11:15 AM
Great - speculation question...

Assuming Myka is returning full time (which is an assumption not a spoiler)...

How many episodes do you think it will take?

My guess is we see here on the 3rd and she's back on the 4th. :)

jelgate
July 11th, 2011, 04:00 PM

My guess is we see here on the 3rd and she's back on the 4th. :)end of episode 1 with her in the field in episode 2.

Pharaoh Atem
July 11th, 2011, 09:10 PM
so she's the jonas now. i like

SunKrux
July 12th, 2011, 10:13 PM
so she's the jonas now. i like

HUH?

If you want to send Joanne a message, I'm putting together a fan book for her & will do my best to give it to her in less than a week and a half at San Diego Comic con. You have 5 days left. More info here: http://joannekelly.livejournal.com/63187.html

Spimman
July 13th, 2011, 06:47 AM

My guess is we see here on the 3rd and she's back on the 4th. :)

I've never been more happy to be wrong :o

SunKrux
July 15th, 2011, 07:33 AM
If you want to send Joanne a message, I'm putting together a fan book for her & will do my best to give it to her this time next week at San Diego Comic con. More info here: http://joannekelly.livejournal.com/63187.html

Or you can send an email to: jkljc13"at"gmail"dot"com. Please put "Joanne Fan Book" in the subject line.

You have 2 days left to send your messages

Magnecite
July 17th, 2011, 02:20 AM
I rewatched the pilot recently and laughed a lot at Joanne Kelly's performance as uptight Myka and her line 'do you ever complete a full sentence ... or thought.' I also understand why they restrict her doing interviews after announcing her return before the premiere, she 'loose lipped,' again with regard to another cast member's involvement and probably turned up the heat in the 'shipper wars' which I'm led to believe exist re TV Guide interview. Personally I think like her on screen friend Murray, who appeared to have chemistry with nearly every male on Hustle, (she never got near a female on that one) Joane Kelly has subtext to some degree with every regular on the show ... it depends on which goggles you're wearing.

SunKrux
July 17th, 2011, 11:14 AM
Joanne has actually done MORE one on one interviews now than for the other two seasons. I heard from a very reliable source (won't reveal who or how I got it, but it is reliable, to protect that person's privacy) that she didn't like doing interviews. There's a vid on YouTube of her doing an interview with ChuckTheMovieGuy (I think that's his name) from the 2009 San Diego Comic Con where she tells him that she's really shy. Hence her dislike of doing interviews, my guess.

I don't think she was "loose lipped" at all in any of the interviews. I'm pretty sure TPTB know what she's saying and are okay with it so long as she's not revealing any major plot points. I think it's great that she's loosening up in interviews now. She's a smart woman and I enjoy hearing her thoughts.

I also don't think she or Jaime are purposely "turning up the heat" on the shipper wars. That's all the fans...especially ones who refuse to see that others do not view the relationship on the show in the same way. Joanne has great chemistry with both Eddie & Jaime and it clearly shows. How one perceives that chemistry, is up to the individual. Which Joanne basically said herself. I think any other comments she made in regards to HG & Myka were merely her enjoying the attention their chemistry has caused. She & Jaime both think it's great and laugh about it according to Tweets from Jaime. But I don't think either of them would fuel any kind of fan in fighting on purpose. It is totally, fan fueled.

Ship who you like, respect other ships, and play nice.

Magnecite
July 17th, 2011, 01:48 PM
I won't repeat what JK said as it's available for anyone that wants to read but she did rather raise the profile of one ship over another intentionally or not. My own belief is that both will happily co-exist and that time will finish one and let the other potter along if that's any comfort. If anything in this statement is found contentious I apologise in advance.

SunKrux
July 17th, 2011, 06:05 PM
I won't repeat what JK said as it's available for anyone that wants to read but she did rather raise the profile of one ship over another intentionally or not. My own belief is that both will happily co-exist and that time will finish one and let the other potter along if that's any comfort. If anything in this statement is found contentious I apologise in advance.

I know what she said and what people think she said. I have no malice towards you or anyone else who is respectful of other ships. Quite frankly, neither ship is canon yet. Neither may ever be canon. No ship is ever canon until the WRITERS and PRODUCERS make is so. Just because Joanne may or may not lean one way or the other, doesn't make either ship canon.

Most importantly (and wisely I might add) Joanne did basically say that it was up to the individual to see or not see what they want to see. What a lot of people fail to realize is that Joanne has stated that she considers Eddie one of her best friends and considering he's happily married, she's not really going to see any kind of romantic connection between Pete & Myka, but she doesn't say it's not there for others. It's just not there for HER. Big difference and people just aren't grasping that concept or the fact that she has no control over what will or won't be canon, if ever. Actors rarely do unless they're producers of the show and then a lot of times their "producerhood" is only a figure head type thing and they still have no control over what is canon and what is not.

I don't see things the same way you do, and you don't see things the way I do because we are not the same person. :D It's about respect for each other. Sadly some in the fandom (in any fandom honestly) don't know how to show any kind of respect for anyone, not even themselves since they're so busy trying to make everyone see things their way.

Ship who you like, respect other ships, and play nice. It's not that hard really.

mandogater
July 17th, 2011, 08:40 PM
I know what she said and what people think she said. I have no malice towards you or anyone else who is respectful of other ships. Quite frankly, neither ship is canon yet. Neither may ever be canon. No ship is ever canon until the WRITERS and PRODUCERS make is so. Just because Joanne may or may not lean one way or the other, doesn't make either ship canon.

Most importantly (and wisely I might add) Joanne did basically say that it was up to the individual to see or not see what they want to see. What a lot of people fail to realize is that Joanne has stated that she considers Eddie one of her best friends and considering he's happily married, she's not really going to see any kind of romantic connection between Pete & Myka, but she doesn't say it's not there for others. It's just not there for HER. Big difference and people just aren't grasping that concept or the fact that she has no control over what will or won't be canon, if ever. Actors rarely do unless they're producers of the show and then a lot of times their "producerhood" is only a figure head type thing and they still have no control over what is canon and what is not.

I don't see things the same way you do, and you don't see things the way I do because we are not the same person. :D It's about respect for each other. Sadly some in the fandom (in any fandom honestly) don't know how to show any kind of respect for anyone, not even themselves since they're so busy trying to make everyone see things their way.

Ship who you like, respect other ships, and play nice. It's not that hard really.

If only everybody in fandom would listen to you. The world might be a better place.

Magnecite
July 18th, 2011, 03:23 AM
I don't think I've supported any ship I've merely made a comment on how they're handled. I've seen enough ships wrecked and very few sail into port to bother investing. Enough said.

AresLover452
July 26th, 2011, 09:20 PM
Myka is looking a little H.G Wells-ish this season. lol!! I like the look!

TeylaIsCool85
July 28th, 2011, 07:40 PM
Myka is looking a little H.G Wells-ish this season. lol!! I like the look!

I totally like her new verison of H.G -ish :D She is more funny and laid back than the first 2 seasons :) much relaxed Myka.

Krissie678
August 2nd, 2011, 08:26 PM
I liked the curls. She looks lovely either way and I know it was her choice & it seems like a good point in her character's story to have a change but I still miss them.

SunKrux
August 4th, 2011, 06:52 PM
Here's a great little interview with Joanne: GeekTown Interviews Joanne (http://www.geektown.co.uk/2011/08/01/interview-with-warehouse-13s-joanne-kelly-aka-myka/)