Arthur "Artie" Nielson/ Saul Rubinek Appreciation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arthur "Artie" Nielson/ Saul Rubinek Appreciation Thread

I think its time we have a thread for this character. I admit I am biased. Between his dark past to his his weird quirk. I guess I see a lot me in him and can relate why he keeps to himself. Of course it helps Saul Rubinek is a great actor
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Artie is definitely a cool guy, and I think he really started to come into his own element during Breakdown. Looking forward to seeing how much the character develops over the last couple of eps, and future seasons.
    sigpic

Comment

After I watched the first ep. Artie was the main reason I came back to watch more. I like the show in general, but his character is very interesting, and has so much implied backstory. In the first few eps I thought the others were kind of flat, but not artie!
      Very hopeful that we'll find out more about Artie's past.
      Spoiler:
      Canceling SGU and letting the cast find out via twitter?

image from: http://www.capricatimes.com/imagine-less-web-banners

sigpic

Comment

OMG I have Loved Saul ever since Kivas Fajo on ST:TNG's The Most Toys.

Saul was Awsome in True Romance..Well he is just Awsome!
        Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Hulu just put up season 7 of SG-1, and I just watched heroes.
          Saul's character in that episode is an outsider that the SGC really doesn't like, but he makes his character simpathetic while making it understandable that our heroes really want him to just go away.

I hadn't seen him as anything other than artie b4, and he really seems to be a good actor!
          Spoiler:
          Canceling SGU and letting the cast find out via twitter?

image from: http://www.capricatimes.com/imagine-less-web-banners

sigpic

Comment

I tuned into Warehouse 13 specificially because Saul was in there and I just adore the "Artie" character. It's wonderful what they are doing with him, making him such a complex person with such a troubled and interesting past.

I agree, he's been in such a large number of movies and I'm liking each and every one of them. My favorites are The Outside Chance of Maximilian Glick, Bad Manners (GREAT movie...LOL), Clown White, Pale Saints (quirky character), Ticket to Heaven. Also Half a Lifetime, Obsessed, and Unforgiven. I did get to see Memory Run which is only on PAL format at the moment (can't find it any other way) but as luck would have it, my cheapo portable DVD player plays it and that, along with cables to the TV allowed us to watch it that way. I just watched Gleason last night. Normally I would never have seen it but thanks to Saul being in it, I was treated to a fascinating look into Jackie Gleason's life and it was amazing how Brad Garrett and the actor playing Art Carney got their characters down so well. Some fave TV appearances are Outer Limits, ST:Next Generation, Eureka (Carl Carlson was a great character), Frasier (got his two season recently for my B-day) and Stargate ep called "Heroes".

Um, how big of a part did he have in True Romance?

Comment

Artie is the only reason I watch the show. I love Saul. I've seen his stuff ever since I first watched him on Star Trek, Most Toys, Frasier as Donny and of course SG1 Heroes. Its good to see him on TV again on something I enjoy watching.
              Last edited by DSG1; 19 September 2009, 10:19 AM.

Comment

LadyNRA,

Saul was in the last 20 minuets of True Romance. He played a director who wanted to buy a large amount of coke in a suitcase.

Spoiler:
                He died in a huge shootout with cops and the mob
                Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

Ah, thanks. So maybe this would be a good one to rent rather than buy unless I got it cheap (for my SR DVD/Video collection). :-) I just ordered one on VHS that is Soup For One, I think. He had lead billing so I'm looking forward to seeing it. W13 is off for a week and I'm already experiencing withdrawal symptoms. I need a fix...sigh...

Comment

I really like Saul. Loved him in Heroes, .
                    This character is completely different and shows his amazing ability to play any role. Artie is probably the strongest reason I watch the show, to see what's next for him.
                    no means no, and so does pepper spray
                    Sig by The Carpenter
                    sigpic

Comment

Just watched him in The Trojan Horse and what an incredible movie. Speculative fiction (from a historical perspective) but not far into the future. The movie itself was well worth seeing even if Saul wasn't in it but it was still fun seeing him playing one of the chief advisors to the President. Very hard-nosed character, sharp tongued. I guess he was in about 15 1-2 min. scenes and it was a 3 hour movie (mini-series?)

For Saul Fans, there are quite a few must-sees: (too many to name but here are a few)

Soup for One
                      Falling Over Backward
                      Outside Chance of Maximilian Glick
                      The Quarrel
                      Ticket to Heaven
                      Both Outer Limits episodes
                      Gotcha! (Ray Bradbury Theater)
                      Bad Manners
                      36 Hours to Die (Movie is so-so but he really steals the show)
                      Clown White & Half-A-Lifetime (both feature him prominently and are decent shows)
                      Eureka (Invincible) - Love this episode!!!
                      Star Trek: Next Gen - Love this ep too
                      Of course, Stargate SG1- Heroes
                      Getting Even with Dad - not a bad flick if you don't mind watching McCauley Culkin but again, Saul really brings the chuckles and it's a big part.
                      Pale Saints (if you have kids send 'em elsewhere cuz there's lots of cussing)
                      Memory Run (SF - he plays a doctor who isn't a bad guy--many familiar faces including Torri Higginson and the actress who plays Carol on W13 Implosion and MacPherson episodes).

Comment

Carol so makes me cringe. I want my Artie Leena ship lol.

Comment

Does ANYbody have ANY idea when Oy Vey My Son is Gay (starring Saul Rubinek and Lanie Kazan) is going to show up on DVD? Now and then it shows up in theaters in major cities but this has been going on for well over a year now and I'm wondering when it will come out on DVD so all Saul fans can finally enjoy it.

Comment

Working...
                          X