X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kiva - SPOILERS S1

Stargate Universe - Casting Call - Kiva

[KIVA] (35-45, female) Strong willed commander of the Lucian Alliance. Who will do whatever it takes to safeguard her people even if it is at the ultimate expense of the Destiny crew...THREE EPISODE GUEST ARC; Submit all ethnicities. STAR NAMES PREFERRED
    http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/0...call-kiva.html

I'm assuming that this would have been for "Air Parts 1-3", after all why would the Lucian Alliance return after that?? Could it maybe be for episodes 18, 19 and 20?

Notice again its a casting call for "star names"

EDIT: the shoot start date is 23rd Sept. So what episode is filming next week?
    Last edited by Madwelshboy; 15 September 2009, 01:39 PM.

Ooh. Interesting. We've been told conflicting things about the premiere...

Spoiler:
    The attackers were described as the Lucian Alliance and 'faceless' in the same review. It's a hunch, but it doesn't sound like this is for Air.

1. It's been posted now, long after the episodes have been shot and sent out to critics, even.
    2. As far as we know the attack occurs in the first two episodes and the third episode deals with something completely different.
    3. "At the ultimate expense of the Destiny Crew". I could be splitting hairs here, but shouldn't that be Icarus Base expedition or something? The attackers didn't have a clue about the Destiny, as far as we know. The Icarus Base expedition didn't even know about it. It seems like a strange choice of words.

Comment

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
      Ooh. Interesting. We've been told conflicting things about the premiere...

Spoiler:
      The attackers were described as the Lucian Alliance and 'faceless' in the same review. It's a hunch, but it doesn't sound like this is for Air.

1. It's been posted now, long after the episodes have been shot and sent out to critics, even.
      2. As far as we know the attack occurs in the first two episodes and the third episode deals with something completely different.
      3. "At the ultimate expense of the Destiny Crew". I could be splitting hairs here, but shouldn't that be Icarus Base expedition or something? The attackers didn't have a clue about the Destiny, as far as we know. The Icarus Base expedition didn't even know about it. It seems like a strange choice of words.
      All good points! But it begs the question, what part do they play in future episodes?

Comment

Cool stuff. Looking forward to an unfinished SG-1 plotline being continued in SGU, regardless of them being on the other side of the known universe. I wonder how they're going to manage this.

Comment

Well the luscian alliance found out about icarus base somehow, it could be that there's a traitor amongst the destiny crew and their betrayl is told in flashbacks in a later episode, just a thought.

Comment

@ MWB= That's the big question, and a good one at that. If this ISN'T for Air (I don't think it is) then I'm very interested to find out what interest the Lucian Alliance have in the Destiny/Destiny Crew.

"Who will do whatever it takes to safeguard her people even if it is at the ultimate expense of the Destiny crew"

That is a very interesting choice of words.
            Last edited by SGFerrit; 15 September 2009, 01:58 PM.

Comment

I thought SGU was going to distance itself from SG-1 and SGA villains. The Lucian Alliance was the worst yet, just drug traffickers in outdated Ha'taks.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                Well the luscian alliance found out about icarus base somehow, it could be that there's a traitor amongst the destiny crew and their betrayl is told in flashbacks in a later episode, just a thought.
                Potensially

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                That's the big question, and a good one at that. If this ISN'T for Air (I don't think it is) then I'm very interested to find out what interest the Lucian Alliance have in the Destiny/Destiny Crew.
                The filming date, dose suggest that its not.

Comment

So much for SGU being separate from SG-1. And so much for not having any SG-1 or SGA bad guys. Looks like TPTB are going back on their word, and it hasn't even been one season.
                  Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                  encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                  3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                  4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                  5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

Originally posted by dahok View Post

I thought SGU was going to distance itself from SG-1 and SGA villains. The Lucian Alliance was the worst yet, just drug traffickers in outdated Ha'taks.
                    We don't know how the Lucian Alliance will be handled in this show.

Take the Replicators or the Asgard in Atlantis. Handled differently, in both cases. It's interesting, that one of their primary enemies may be a universe away, yet still be a threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ltcolshepjumper View Post
                      So much for SGU being separate from SG-1. And so much for not having any SG-1 or SGA bad guys. Looks like TPTB are going back on their word, and it hasn't even been one season.
                      From what we've heard of the premiere in reviews, they're handling things very well and doing a good job with the story. Keeping that in mind, I think we should give them the benefit of the doubt, at least until we've seen how this plays out.

Comment

Same old, same old. Extremely disappointing.
                        sigpic

Comment

well...maybe they built up on the Lucian allaince? if a new fanbase sees this they won't know how bland they truely are...ignorance is bliss huh?
                          By Nolamom
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            well...maybe they built up on the Lucian allaince? if a new fanbase sees this they won't know how bland they truely are...ignorance is bliss huh?
                            Considering how much 'development' this particular enemy has had so far, tptb could do practically anything with them. They were very secondary in SG-1, they could develop them in a better way in SGU if they are indeed going to be around after the premiere.

Comment

My instincts tell me this Kiva person will somehow be responsible for the attack on the Icarus base. Not directly responsible as Kiva is not Air but she has some major impact on the assualt
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                              X