Nevermore (111)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nevermore (111)

Episode Synopsis: Myka's dad, Warren Bering, played by Michael Hogan (Colonel Saul Tigh on Battlestar Galactica) falls under the spell of an artifact sent over by an anonymous sender. This sends Myka and Pete scrambling to try and find out a way to deactivate the artifact. In order to give you a sense of what you can expect in this episode, let me break down what you will be treated to.

Did anyone find that the ending with Macpherson and that lantern reminded them of sanctuary?

I really like this storyline where they get to lose sometimes, I think it makes it feel more unsure, more real.
    Spoiler:
    Canceling SGU and letting the cast find out via twitter?

image from: http://www.capricatimes.com/imagine-less-web-banners

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by OboeTheres View Post
      Did anyone find that the ending with Macpherson and that lantern reminded them of sanctuary?

I really like this storyline where they get to lose sometimes, I think it makes it feel more unsure, more real.
      No. What Santuary analogy are you talking about?
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

I wonder if the way that Mrs. Frederick leaves and goes is by an artifact......
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
          That would make sense. No need for them to reveal it in a hurry but.
          Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

I wonder if she has a connection with Lena, everytime Artie mentioned her in this episode, Mrs. Frederick showed up.

I really liked Claudia going out into the field with Pete. I love her.

Comment

Originally posted by s72450 View Post
              I wonder if she has a connection with Lena, everytime Artie mentioned her in this episode, Mrs. Frederick showed up.

I really liked Claudia going out into the field with Pete. I love her.
              Finally someone else see's this connection yipee!
              I have this theory since about the 4th episode that they are one and the same person and Mrs Fredericks has an artefact to age and de-age her when needed, the only "scene" Mrs Frederick and Lena have been in together during the whole series so far was one of Mrs Frederick and Artie watching a video of Lena & other two talking, so my theory is the video was being played back and wasn't live.

The more that I don't see them face to face talking, the more I think they are the same person.

I even laughed my arse off when Arte said "what have you done with Lena?" and my wife looked at me as if I was mad, I then had to pause it and explain my "theory" to here LOL.

Lena has a big part in the series finale so I read, maybe we'll get some answers there

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              No. What Santuary analogy are you talking about?
              It was Jack the Rippers lantern, Jack the Ripper plays a big role in Santuary with one of the main characters being the Jack the Ripper.
              Last edited by Ian-S; 17 September 2009, 04:14 AM.

Comment

@Ian-S: I've been thinking the same thing for a while now It's a little wierd that Leena disappears whenever Mrs F turns up.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tawny View Post
                  @Ian-S: I've been thinking the same thing for a while now It's a little wierd that Leena disappears whenever Mrs F turns up.
                  Did you see the preview for next week though? To me, it looked like
                  Spoiler:
                  the two of them, Mrs. F and Leena, were in the same frame together.
                  That would be a first.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Did you see the preview for next week though? To me, it looked like
                    Spoiler:
                    the two of them, Mrs. F and Leena, were in the same frame together.
                    That would be a first.
                    Unfortunately, I missed the preview. If that is the case, at least we'll have some confirmation one way or another
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tawny View Post
                      Unfortunately, I missed the preview. If that is the case, at least we'll have some confirmation one way or another
                      Thier is a preview clip of Mr. Fredricks and Leena side by side in McPherson.
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

And Jack the Ripper is such an obscure character from history. He NEVER gets a mention in other shows/movies, so to see him get a passing nod here is just BEYOND coincidence. [/sarcasm]

Sorry. Guess I'd better go drink my coffee now before people bring up the Tesla "connection" too...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                          And Jack the Ripper is such an obscure character from history. He NEVER gets a mention in other shows/movies, so to see him get a passing nod here is just BEYOND coincidence. [/sarcasm]

Sorry. Guess I'd better go drink my coffee now before people bring up the Tesla "connection" too...
                          Hehe, I guess it is kinda inevitable with any sort of steampunk/scifi show that has some basis in our history etc..
                          sigpic

Comment

Wow, Myka's dad is Colonel Tigh. No wonder she's so screwed up.

An okay episode. Honestly, I'm not sure how I feel about this whole MacPhearson storyline. In a way I kind of liked the "object of the week" format; it gave us more time to play with the characters and get to know them. I'm also not sure how I feel about giving Artie a dark side. I mean, ARTIE? A traitor and a spy? That's just so weird...
                            Through Life's dull road, so dim and dirty
                            I have dragged to three-and-thirty.
                            What have these years left to me?
                            Nothing, except thirty-three.

- Lord Byron

Dispatches From the Suburbs of Hell

The Pit

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                              Perhaps Mrs Frederick herself is an artifact of some kind.
                              This was an OK ep for me. I always find it incredible when they make a character's family so intricately involved in something,. I mean what are the odds that her father would have an artifact and she's a searcher. Guess you need a storyline connection, but it really annoys me. I did like the fact that is was bifurcated. That was a nice twist.
                              no means no, and so does pepper spray
                              Sig by The Carpenter
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X