How do Ha'taks move?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do Ha'taks move?

In Sg-1 they mentioned that Ha'taks have sub-light engines but we have never seen the actual engine so do they use similar propulsion as Death Glider that also have no visible engines.
    http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

I'd think so, maybe some kind of naquadah-based reactionless drive given we've never seen any kind of exhaust and the Ha'taks seem to be surprisingly agile.
    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
    sigpic
    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

it may also how tel'taks move because I haven't seen any exhaust on them ether.

Comment

only gould ship that has engine exaust is the alkesh and they just seen to be boosters of some kid as the alkesh can move sideways turn and hover while the engines are not lit.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

yes they all use inercialess drives. even earth ships have a similar engine, only for additional maneuvering trust, not for main thrust.
          EVIDENCE:
          304's can land on their "belly" without any major thrusters present.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
            yes they all use inercialess drives. even earth ships have a similar engine, only for additional maneuvering trust, not for main thrust.
            EVIDENCE:
            304's can land on their "belly" without any major thrusters present.
            I wondered if Earth made inertialess drives were more primitive - capable of negating the effect of gravity but not capable of producing any actual thrust, or at least very little thrust. Useful for landings (like you mentioned) and takeoffs (Prometheus rising out of her bay), but nowhere near good enough for full sublight propulsion.
            And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
            sigpic
            Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

the Prometheus plans in Grace show a system called "gravity Pods" so maybe artificial gravity has to do with it...

but i think most ships have a (primitive) inercialess drive for easy maneuvering.

Comment

Originally posted by Sealurk View Post
                I'd think so, maybe some kind of naquadah-based reactionless drive given we've never seen any kind of exhaust and the Ha'taks seem to be surprisingly agile.
                we have never seen the real engines on any goa'uld craft (except the Al'kesh, which is to most agile craft the goa'uld have (except a glider, but that one is not really a spaceship, it is a small fighter) and that had exhausts and more "normal" engines)

imho the hatak might use some "gravity" drive that would explain the lack of exhausts and the lack of real engine mounting (that can be seen from outside) and would fit perfectly (as the goa'uld shipyards use the same kind of technology - Anti Gravitation - to stay afloat, at least that's what i think after watching the episode tealc and bratak were force to work in one of them

greetings LAX

Comment

I resently watched the first stargate movie and I think they showed the underside of the piramid when it was being blown up at the end. There was a small yellow orange glow from the underside.
                  Why Lord has Paint foresaken my signature?
                  sigpic

Comment

magnets. As Jack would say.
                    sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4907261/1/Golden_Dawn

^ My new fanfic ^ Enjoy and please subscribe!

(Shameless advertising ftw)

Comment

Originally posted by Experiment 442 View Post
                      I resently watched the first stargate movie and I think they showed the underside of the piramid when it was being blown up at the end. There was a small yellow orange glow from the underside.
                      That would make sense. Having the Sub-light engines in the hole in the bottom of the pyramid.

Comment

Maybe a booster to help it get off a planet i mean those things are humge

Whats really impressive is whatever a hive uses to get off the ground i mean an 11KM ship can get to orbit with a hill on top of it

PJ seem to have a similar inertia less drive as well and those engine pods for speed

Maybe the inertia less drive cant produce large amounts of thrust ive noticed only the glider and hatak seem to be able to do much using them and the gould aparently are best at that tech.

Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWmw1u2to5M

Currently recruiting new staff

Comment

Goauld aren't the best at anything...

Less you count burrowing into naked peoples brains..

Go Green

Comment

Some Gou'uld were smart on their own like the ones that worked on Naquadria, Bal', and most of their ships have no visible thrusters, the only one with visible ones are Al'kesh, so I think it is safe to assume that though they didn't invent it they probably tried to prefect inertialess engines.

Comment

MAGNETS
                              No really one of the first Russian space travel theories based on the use of magnetism.
                              And boosters only to improve maneuverability.
                              Well, contrary to popular human belief, the Earth is not the centre of the galaxy. (c) ARIS BOCH
                              SGU DEAD - Good News !!!

Comment

Working...
                              X