Ori Motherships Power Source

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ori Motherships Power Source

I know this has probably been discussed a hundred times before, but here it goes:-

I was watching the SG-1 episode Counterstrike the other day and began speculating on what the Ori power source might be.

At first I thought it looked like Arcturus, but then I thought about it and decided it probably some sort of subspace tap. We know when the Alterans left their home galaxy they already had subspace technology, the long range communications device (which draws energy directly from subspace). McKay also said in "The Daedalus Variations” that the subspace capacitors powering the alternate reality drive provided “near ZPM levels of energy” such a power source could easily power the main weapons and shields of an Ori mothership.

Also this theory fits nicely with the idea that once the Alterans left their home galaxy the Ori stopped developing more advanced technology while the Alterans/Ancients went on to develop more advanced power generation, ZPM’s which draw energy from an artificially created region of subspace-time.

Any ideas/comments
    Last edited by Control_Chair; 06 September 2009, 12:54 PM.
    "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
    "That he is concealing something."
    "Like what?"
    "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
    "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
    "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
    "I liked that movie!"

I never really got all the talk about the Ori powersource looking like Arcturus tbh especially considering such a device is impossible in our universe and shields powered by the scope of the universe should be more than capable of surviving 6 direct Asgard beam hits.

I think a subspace tap is quite likely its Alteran technology and can be extremely powerful so if I were to bet on it being anything it would be that.
    Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

We really have no idea what it is. I think it is most likely a subspace tap, but for all we know, it could be an "Ascended Realm Energy in a Jar" type of thingy, for all we know.
      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

its a jar containing the energries of all who worship them
        time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
        sigpic

Comment

all we saw was a big blue glowing ball of energy so theres no way to know for sure what type of power source it was using.
          STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

we saw the powersouce in counterstrike aswel

Comment

Originally posted by the-alguroan View Post
              its a jar containing the energries of all who worship them
              It's a Pikachu!
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

maybe it's an ORI in a bottle using their own powers.

Comment

Originally posted by gummyworms View Post
                  maybe it's an ORI in a bottle using their own powers.
                  Maybe that wouldn't WORK because the ANCIENTS obey and ENFORCE the rule OF non-interferance. Do YOU like how I capitalize RANDOM words?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                    Maybe that wouldn't WORK because the ANCIENTS obey and ENFORCE the rule OF non-interferance. Do YOU like how I capitalize RANDOM words?
                    just kidding around, jeez

Comment

Actually even though all we have to work with is a picture of a blue light in the center of the ship and a breef history of the Ori and Ancients it's pretty safe to assume that the Ori ships are powered by some type of subspace tap. I say this because the Alterans have a history of using subspace all the way back from before the split right up to Atlantis. Also because when we were given the Asgard core we also gained the Asgard weapons which are similar to the Ori weapons. When these weapons were powered by the ZPM they mached that of the Ori weapons. This would lead us to believe that the Ori use something very close to a ZPM.

Comment

we have seen the ori powersource in COUNTERSTRIKE. it was origin-shaped!

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          we saw the powersouce in counterstrike aswel
                          we have seen the ori powersource in COUNTERSTRIKE. it was origin-shaped!
                          Repetition for emphasis?

All there would need to be is a very creative person on their end. That way, everything that was made by the Ancients, looks originish.

sigpic

Comment

everybody keeps saying it's a glowy ball, but we did see the actual powersource,

perhaps it a ZPM of the Ori? but it can be ANYTHING, even an ORI NIG

Comment

everybody keeps saying it's a glowy ball, but we did see the actual powersource,

perhaps it a ZPM of the Ori? but it can be ANYTHING, even an ORI NIG
                              I still think it's a Pikachu!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X