Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missiles in Space?

<snip> mod please delete thread
    Last edited by Mike272; 05 September 2009, 08:22 AM.

The flames are from the fuel being burned from within the rocket.
    Visit my Website

Comment

rockets have, as the name says, rocket engines which have stored fuel and air. other types of engines however, can be air breathing or have internally stored fuel aswell.

deadalus engines have fire in them too.

Comment

makes me wonder just these sublight engines are, especially where they are located on a Ha tak. Does a ha tak have a front and back?

Comment

No, it doesn't. It uses some sort of inertia-less drive best we can tell.

Comment

similar drive as a Death Glider.

Comment

Techically the side of the Ha'tak with the Pel'tac e.g. the bridge would be the front wouldn't it? Even if the ship itself can move in any direction without turning...
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                Techically the side of the Ha'tak with the Pel'tac e.g. the bridge would be the front wouldn't it? Even if the ship itself can move in any direction without turning...
                indeed! i would say so!

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                  Indeed.
                  The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

Originally posted by gummyworms View Post
                    makes me wonder just these sublight engines are, especially where they are located on a Ha tak. Does a ha tak have a front and back?
                    a hatak has most likely some gravitational drive (they us antigravity in their shipyards and baal used it in the facility he kept o'neill after the traitor (yes i call him that, using his host for his mission, even after he knew the colonel was an unwilling host and even more, after he knew he could poison the human-to'kra-alliance....) symbiote left him) and yes they do have a front and a back

as for the BC304 and prometheus engines: IMHO they are some sort of iondrive (100% sure after space race where they get such a drive for study - what they used on the prometheus before? that was never ansered, at least not to my knowledge)

greetings LAX

Comment

Working...
                    X