This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU in NZ

I'm sorry, this may have been posted before, I just don't really want to crawl through all the forum posts to find it. Does anyone know when Stargate Universe is going to be broadcast in New Zealand?

Cheers,

Sci-Fi Channel (yes it's still that here) in Australia is getting it the 9th of October, do you get the same Foxtel stuff we get?

Comment

most countries gets it about a year later

Comment

a year later? in egypt it comes two month later.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VOOK View Post
          Sci-Fi Channel (yes it's still that here) in Australia is getting it the 9th of October, do you get the same Foxtel stuff we get?
          No.
          Wraith ships are giant lobsters.

Comment

Does anyone know when we get SGU in Australia on FREE TO AIR T.V.?

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
              Well if it's anything like the UK, never. Stargate is only ever shown on Sky.

By the way, as far as I know (I currently live in the UK and move to NZ on 1st October) NZ doesn't have the same TV stations as Australia. As far as I can see, there doesn't appear to be any channels that are likely to be broadcasting SGU very soon after the US. I may just have to forgo watching it until I can get a way of getting it off iTunes or the like.

Comment

Originally posted by akren View Post
                It'll probably be awhile. The channel that usually airs that stuff could care less about Stargate. In the past, they have aired SGA and SG1 sporadically. I believe that they have to wait until well after it's aired on Sci Fi here.

In Melb, we don't have Foxtel, but we do have Austar. We got it installed yesterday
                sigpic

Happy Holidays!

Comment

Originally posted by B33J View Post
                  Well if it's anything like the UK, never. Stargate is only ever shown on Sky.
                  Not true It's been quite a while, but SG1 was shown on Channel 4 at one point. It's always possible a freeview channel might get to pick it up at some point

As to the whole NZ thing, you might be lucky in that a channel could pick it up if they think it successful enough. If not, there's always the DVDs, or legal sources on the internet if you're lucky enough.
                  sigpic

Comment

itunes is no good for ir either, i signed up just to but the episodes but you can't in NZ.

Comment

Originally posted by gooran View Post
                      most countries gets it about a year later
                      Nah, that's just Sweden and our stupid TV networks.. and nowdays it seems TV6 is taking in SG series after half season. At least that's been the case with SGA.
                      Daniel to Thor: Wait, you're actually saying you need someone dumber then you are?
                      Jack: You may have come to the right place.

Comment

Working...
                      X