Stargate vs Disney's Atlantis The Lost Empire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate vs Disney's Atlantis The Lost Empire

Ok, I don't know if its been brought up before or if I'm the only one thats noticed so far but Both Stargate & Atlantis have a lot of similarities.
    1. Daniel Jackson's parents died and he was riased by his grandpa - the same happens with Milo Thatch
    2. Daniel Jackson is an archeologist that has crazy ideas, same with Milo
    3. Daniel is approached to do translations for the Gate, as well as get them home, Milo os approached to translate the shepherd's journal and get them to atlantis
    4. Daniel marries the leader's daughter Sha're, Milo marries the chief
      s
    5. daughter
    6. At the end, Daniel stays behind on Abydos to be sith Sha're, and Milo stays in atlantis.

Anyone else seen these or more connections before?
    Cast I've met: Richard Dean Anderson , Amanda Tapping , Michael Shanks , Christopher Judge , Lexa Doig, Alexis Cruz, Michael Rooker, Sean Patrick Flanery, Paul McGillion , Jason Momoa , Jewel Staite

Oh yeah...

-Giant City Shield
    -The chief seems a lot like moros

i know of more but im to tired to list them.

Comment

I actually just watched Disney's Atlantis a few days ago and noticed these other similarities.

1. City powered by a giant crystal (ZPM vs. giant crystal)
      2. Flying machines controlled by thoughts
      3. Highly advanced technology
      4. Protected by giant mechanical object that shoots lasers (Satellite vs. Leviathan)

I want to make some connection between O'Neill and Helga being military personnel sent to destroy whatever they find, but turning good and saving the day, but I think it is a bit of a long-shot.

Comment

They are similar and I did see the many odvious similarites between the 2, but Kida reminded me more of Teyla, not Sha're. It seem that both of them, in a sence, played off each other.

Eh, I like the movie, great source of steampunk-esique stuff. One of Disney's better non-musicals.
        Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
        Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Or how about how on both DVDs the font of ATLANTIS is almost exactly the same...
          There is nothing to be gained by second guessing yourself. You can't remake the past, so look ahead...or risk being left behind

Comment

Daniel Jackson's parents died and he was riased by his grandpa - the same happens with Milo Thatch
            I'm sorry but reading this (and the rest) is almost like when religious apologists start fudging facts of other stories to make their nonsense more plausible (Fuxi was NOT Noah!!!).

Daniel Jackson was NOT raised by his grandfather. Did you see the movie!?!?! He was raised by FOSTER PARENTS.

From the Gateworld OMNIPEDIA
            Because of Ballard's busy explorations, he never had the time to stop and take the orphaned Jackson under his wing, something he would later regret.
            How to Survive an Alien Attack

Comment

Well here's Darren's review on the movie:
              Review: Atlantis The Lost Empire

There's a bit of resemblance between the two shows main symbol . . .

. . . as well as the font of the word Atlantis:

And of course, the physical resemblance between the Atlantis characters and the members of SG-1:

Daniel Jackson/Milo Thatch

Colonel Jack O'Neill/Commander Lyle Rourke

Major Samantha Carter/Lieutenant Helga Sinclair (who's also Rourke's second-in-command)

Teal'c/Dr. Joshua Sweet
              sigpic
              The Return of King Arthur
              Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
              acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

And how about the fact that both Milo and Daniel find themselves preaching to "empty rooms", unable to convince their colleagues of their beliefs?
                sigpic
                The Return of King Arthur
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I have actually had the same idea, I watched the atlantis movie several times when it came out but it hadn't struck me until recently that there are a lot of similar things between the two.

Comment

neversaw disney's atlantis...guess it's time i had a sit down and watched it

Comment

I noticed this just a few months ago and didn't start a thread. Beat me to it!

There's also the fact that the submarine looks a lot like an Aurora-class ship, and all their technology is powered by crystals.

Also............

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/st...ield-storm.jpg

http://hollywoodjesus.com/movie/atlantis/01.jpg
                      I have heard of a place where humans do battle in a ring of jello.

Comment

I noticed that years ago. Just haven't got around to mentioning it here.

Also, both Daniel (in the movie) and Milo are seen as geeks and weirdos by their respective teams.

Of course, it should be noted that the original Stargate was made 6 years before Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and Atlantis was made 4 years before Stargate: Atlantis.
                        sigpic
                        "Dragons can't change who they are, but who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup; Dragons: Riders of Berk

My Books:
                        Draconia: Forging Trust, Draconia: Fractured Dream, Draconia: Rehatching

Comment

There's another one that I noticed last night when I finished the movie... Both atlantis the movie ant the show have the original inhabitants with healing powers, Kida healed Milo, and the Ancients have a healing power.

Also I noticed that:
                          1. Joss Whedon, creater of Firefly/Serenity was one of the writers of Atlantis the Lost Empire
                          2. Carl Binder (Stargate exec) was one of the writers of disney's Pocahontas
                          3. and, Ming Na (Co-Star of SGU) was the voice of Mulan
                          Cast I've met: Richard Dean Anderson , Amanda Tapping , Michael Shanks , Christopher Judge , Lexa Doig, Alexis Cruz, Michael Rooker, Sean Patrick Flanery, Paul McGillion , Jason Momoa , Jewel Staite

Comment

Originally posted by McClance View Post
                            I noticed that years ago. Just haven't got around to mentioning it here.

Also, both Daniel (in the movie) and Milo are seen as geeks and weirdos by their respective teams.

Of course, it should be noted that the original Stargate was made 6 years before Atlantis: The Lost Empire, and Atlantis was made 4 years before Stargate: Atlantis.
                            Thank you for point that out to every one!!! *hugs*

Originally posted by wraithkelso View Post
                            There's another one that I noticed last night when I finished the movie... Both atlantis the movie ant the show have the original inhabitants with healing powers, Kida healed Milo, and the Ancients have a healing power.

Also I noticed that:
                            1. Joss Whedon, creater of Firefly/Serenity was one of the writers of Atlantis the Lost Empire
                            2. Carl Binder (Stargate exec) was one of the writers of disney's Pocahontas
                            3. and, Ming Na (Co-Star of SGU) was the voice of Mulan
                            That'd be funny if they made refrences to Mulan on-screen. Maybe call somebody Mushu by accident?
                            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
                            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by wraithkelso View Post
                              Carl Binder (Stargate exec) was one of the writers of disney's Pocahontas
                              Whoa. I was thinking "It can't be true!" until I looked at IMDb and saw that, indeed, it is true!
                              sigpic
                              ~the guitarists~

Comment

Working...
                              X