X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NBC buys Universal!

The full story.

I'm not the biggest NBC fan ever. They tend to be very hands-on with their development process. Hopefully existing shows won't be impacted much by the change in corporate overlord.
    *Whenever the Opportunity Arises take it in Hand*

Comment

Maybe that Stargate/Friends crossover wasn't so far fetched after all.

Comment

who knows? just have to wait for it.
        The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Does this mean that vivendi also got purcahsed? I think vivendi and universal were one company before - Vivendi Universal Entertainment? - Yeah thats what the press release says. Vivendi Universal Entertainment is now NBC Universal - which means NBC gets the games, the theme parks, everything...
          You can not even begin to comprehend the extent of what was unfolding in O'Neill's mind
          our scientists long ago extracted parts of the ancient library of knowledge and learned much from it
          but we have been studying it for as long as I can remember and we have barely scrathed the surfice

Comment

France-based Vivendi-Universal sold off many of its entertainment assets, which NBC acquired / merged with. The deal includes the cable networks (including USA and SCI-FI), the film studio, theme park, and I think a bit more.

But there is still a Vivendi left out there, apart from NBC-Universal, with other assets.

The deal makes NBC-Universal one of the world's largest media conglomerates, now in the same ballgame as Time Warner, Disney, etc.
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Bringing this old thread to the top to say...

NBC's ownership of Universal and therefore SciFi is now becoming REALLY obvious. First there were the NBC programming ads on SciFi. Now NBC is going to run "Ghost Hunters" and "Scare Tactics" on its broadcast network on Halloween night.

Gee, wonder how long SG-1 and /or SGA would last on NBC's "traditional" network?

Gilder
              *who's old enough to remember the original "Save Star Trek" campaign*
              Gilder

You can contact me through my GW Forums profile (email preferred) or on Facebook.

www.chimaeracon.com

Comment

Working...
              X