PDA

View Full Version : Plot Bunny Adoption

Pages : [1] 2

joanne1138
December 16th, 2004, 01:55 PM
Is there one of these already? If there is I can't find it. (Please point my to a thread like this if you know of one)

I get weird plot bunnies. Not so much ideas as... summary-ish things. Or first paragraphs. Or blurbs. I have never written one of them. :o I probably never will.

Anyone else out there like that and feels the need to share? Anyone out there who wants to adopt the poor lil bunnies, if they turn up?

TechnoWraith
December 16th, 2004, 04:10 PM
I'm about to ask a dumb question here: what's a plot bunny? :rolleyes:

Skydiver
December 16th, 2004, 04:40 PM
a plot bunny is a story idea

maybe just a sentence, maybe a paragraph, or beginning

TechnoWraith
December 16th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Ahhhh... okie dokie... :D

Thanks...

Skydiver
December 16th, 2004, 06:30 PM
a plot bunny could be

what if sam didn't visit cassie in ITLOD
what if jack didn't stop jacob in Meridian
what if jack got hathor's goauld
what if Aiden took Sam as a hostage in Forsaken

it's an idea to kick start a fic

anyone have any? it doesn't have to be anything deep or complicated. two years ago a plot bunny was 'what if the sgc's phone number got printed as a santa hotline'

Hatcheter
December 16th, 2004, 10:31 PM
what if jack didn't stop jacob in Meridian

I read that one somewhere. It was kinda sad.

Crazedwraith
December 17th, 2004, 03:49 AM
Thee all example's from Skydiver's site. "Emerald City" Very good writing. I've favourtised it too.

Skydiver
December 17th, 2004, 04:53 AM

it was meant to be sad

Tok'Ra Hostess
January 9th, 2005, 07:49 AM
This one followed me home from King Harry Arkan's world. :)

Since it's a season eight ep along with elements from Atlantis eps this plot bunny is a white rabbit....

Harry's trusted lieutenant (the actress billed as "servant" in the credits), is actually a fellow of Janus' secret Ancient time-travelling historical type society. She returned to this planet around the same time Maybourne did, and watched as he altered the past, by actually convincing the townsfolk to move out of the way of what were deadly flodwaters the first time it happened and she stuck around.

Here's how I see some of the details working out. If anyone wants to actually adopt the bunny, you might not want to read this next part.

The Ancient historian cloaked her timeship against the practiced eyes of the native hunters. When Teal'c came near, she uncloaked it for him, she also remotely opened the door and turned on the lights for these three humans who lacked the gene needed to activate the ship's controls(optional - depends on your understanding of how the gene works).

The butterfly effect being what it is, though, Mayborne's actions to save the townsfolk have altered how the future will play out, but the Ancient has become attached to these people. She decides that she has to nudge things along toward another happy ending, and only steps in when it becomes obvious that Jack wants to blow up the timeship. This is definately not what happened the first time.

Later, when Harry comes clean and tells them he doesn't deserve to be their king, she is the one who steps forward and asks where the medicine, laws, irrigations systems, etc came from, knowing full well that they were not written on the stones.

Mr Prophet
January 14th, 2005, 11:41 AM
SG-1 are on the Prometheus when it is used as a carryall to take a mining rig to the asteroid from Fail Safe. Only they get there to find that someone has already started fitting an engine into the asteroid. Earth wants the naquadah, but it is not just a power source but a home to a tribe of worldless travellers, and then Anubis' sends a ship to get his rock back...

ShadowMaat
January 16th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Atlantis plot bunny.

At some point in S1, Ford gets implanted with a Wraith tracking device, which is one of the ways that the Wraith are managing to home in on the team... and the city. When the Atlantis crew figures this out, Ford escapes and decides to rough it on his own in order to protect the people of Atlantis. He's on his own, with limited resources, trying to outrun not just the Wraith, but his teammates as well, who are trying to find him and bring him back to Atlantis so they can find a way to get the chip out of his head.

Major Tyler
January 16th, 2005, 02:32 PM
Atlantis plot bunny.

At some point in S1, Ford gets implanted with a Wraith tracking device, which is one of the ways that the Wraith are managing to home in on the team... and the city. When the Atlantis crew figures this out, Ford escapes and decides to rough it on his own in order to protect the people of Atlantis. He's on his own, with limited resources, trying to outrun not just the Wraith, but his teammates as well, who are trying to find him and bring him back to Atlantis so they can find a way to get the chip out of his head.Dibs! :P

Major Tyler
January 16th, 2005, 03:30 PM
Stargate SG-1 shippy bunny. I'm a pragmatic shipper. I this idea would make both shipper and non-shippers happy. It would be loads of fun to write, but I'm not very good with mushy stuff. :P I hope you guys/gals like it, and feel free to adopt it!

Stargate SG-1 "Fragile Balance"
Introduction: "Fragile Balance" occurs just as it does until we reach the scene where Thor states that he is not sure he can cure Young Jack. Here is where the fic diverges from canon...Instead of being able to cure Young Jack directly, Thor needs to create another clone to monitor it's growth so he can determine exactly what he need to do to cure Young Jack.

Thor: In order to stablize the adolescent O'Neill's genetic structure, I will need to use Loki's equipment to create another clone so that I can monitor it's development and isolate what gene sequences need to be repaired, and how to repair them.

O'Neill: Whoa! Hold on! You mean there's going to be two little me's running around!

Thor: If the procedure is successful, then yes, both of your clones will survive and live the average human life-span.

O'Neill: C'mon Thor, isn't there something else you could do, anything else...magnets?

Thor: Without a frame of reference it would be statistically impossible for me to know how to repair the flaw.

Young Jack: We're talking about my life here...

Sam: Thor, does the clone have to be of Colonel O'Neill?

Thor: What are you suggesting?

Sam: Clone me.

[i]Both Jacks look up in surprise.

Sam: If you implant me with the same safeguard that you placed in Colonel O'Neill's genetic structure, and then cloned me, you should be able to use that information to save Colonel O'Neill's clone.

Thor: It is possible, though the individual is different, human genetic structure similar enough on a basic level that I should be able derive the necessary information from your clone, Major Carter.

Carter looks up at Jack with a soft, knowing smile, waiting for him to respond. Jack suppresses a similar but almost envious look on his face. Young Jack make little effort to hide the fact that he is pleased. Jack nods in approval.

Sam: Okay, let's get started.

Cut to van scene outside of the high school...this takes place much as it does in canon, but with Jack and Sam in the front seat, and Young Jack and Young Sam in the back.

Whoever adopts this bunny can add the farewell dialogue. :)

As Sam and Jack drive away, Young Sam and Young Jack look at each other and smile. To the same soft fade-out music they played at the end of "Lost City," we see Young Jack and Sam walk away.

Jack's hand slowly moves toward Sam's. Their fingertips find each other and then we fade to the credits.

Awwww...

Now someone adopt this bunny so we can find out what happens to Young Jack and Young Sam. :D

Major Tyler
January 17th, 2005, 04:42 PM
http://img8.exs.cx/img8/852/yourock8mr.gif

Mayalaen
January 17th, 2005, 05:51 PM
So.... more plot bunnies anyone? I adopted one a while back and it worked out great... could use more :)

ShadowMaat
March 3rd, 2005, 10:35 AM
The talk on the "kill someone off" thread got me to thinking...

I have an idea for a Zelenka-centric fic. I'm figuring most of it would be told through journal entries or in scenes FROM journal entries detailing what happens when McKay is killed in an accident/fight and how Zelenka suddenly finds himself thrust into position as "primary expert on all things Ancient" and how he deals with the stress, the feelings of inadequacy, the communication hiccups, his "survivor's guilt", all his remeniscing on McKay and how they always fought but Zelenka actually respected him a great deal and misses him terribly, blah blah blah and he wishes he could find a way to go back and stop the accident... and then wrap it up with Zelenka looking over his journal when McKay comes in and says something obnoxious... basically, the journal appeared mysteriously or was discovered somewhere, all written in Czech, so Zelenka was given the job of translating it. When asked, he dismisses it all as "just a diary", but when the situation that led to McKay's death arises (probably the point when McKay comes in and snarks at him), Zelenka volunteers instead. And hey, with his foreknowledge of what happens, chances are he can maybe avoid whatever happened to McKay. :)

joanne1138
March 3rd, 2005, 10:48 AM
Wow. That is one cool bunny. Someone has to adopt this one - just look at the adorable little bunny everyone!

I'd love to see how this turns out.

Major Clanger
March 3rd, 2005, 12:22 PM
that really is an appealingly cute plot bunny. Just look at it washing it's whiskers, with one ear flopping cutely over one eye.

But I couldn't do that one without it being slash.

ShadowMaat
March 3rd, 2005, 02:42 PM
Maybe if no one else adopts it, MC, you can take it under your wing and corrupt the poor cute iddle thing. ;)

Meanwhile, I have another bunny. :D This one's from the Ba'al Appreciation Thread.

In Summit/Last Stand we were introduced to a young man who served as Ba'al's lo'taur. His loyalty to his god was unwavering and reported Daniel's (asinine and suicidal) attempt to "convert" him.

For someone who has been in Ba'al's service for years, the lo'taur seemed very young (the actor was around 25 at the time), leading me to wonder just how he'd come to be there, so I spun a theory:

He's the son of one of Ba'al's enemies. Either he was kidnapped as an infant to serve as a warning to his father or he was rescued from the destruction/massacre of his father's house-hold and used as a warning to everyone else.:D

Ba'al doesn't seem like the fatherly type to me, but I'm sure that he had a lot to say in regards to how the boy was raised/trained/indoctrinated. I'm figuring Ba'al was mostly just a distant presence, used more as a threat than anything. Intersperse occasional punishments with occasional moments of Ba'al showing his approval and that pretty much seals the brainwashing. ;)

Imagine what it would be like growing up with Ba'al as a father-figure. Yikes! What would that do to a kid? What must it have been like growing up under that shadow? And never once doubting that Ba'al was a god. Not even when Daniel explained the "truth" to him. How would THAT scene have played out, from the boy's perspective?

Also, we know that Ba'al had a new lo'taur in Abyss, so what happened in between Last Stand and Abyss? Is he dead? Or did Ba'al keep his promise grant him "godhood"?

If the boy is now host to a Goa'uld, does he regret what he's become, or does he well and truly believe he is blessed?

If he died, was it because he failed, or because he gave his life to protect Ba'al?

Thek
March 3rd, 2005, 04:03 PM
I wanted to write this plot bunny, but its been sitting idle in my head for about three months now.

Okay the plot bunny went like this, the SGA team are exploring a planet when they run into a Wraith child, whose caretaker is a female human that looks around 50 or so. However, she is actually only 25, has been willingly feeding the child Wraith for a few years now, and has developed a maternal relationship with the kid as well.

And the entire story was to evolve around the moral issues concerning what to do with the Wraith child, the opposing veiws that would arise, explore the idea that the Wraith aren't actually evil, but are just living creatures that want to live, and a team developing fic.

However, I could never get the idea to evolve with in character characters.

Verthandi
March 4th, 2005, 07:49 PM
The talk on the "kill someone off" thread got me to thinking...

I have an idea for a Zelenka-centric fic. I'm figuring most of it would be told through journal entries or in scenes FROM journal entries detailing what happens when McKay is killed in an accident/fight and how Zelenka suddenly finds himself thrust into position as "primary expert on all things Ancient" and how he deals with the stress, the feelings of inadequacy, the communication hiccups, his "survivor's guilt", all his remeniscing on McKay and how they always fought but Zelenka actually respected him a great deal and misses him terribly, blah blah blah and he wishes he could find a way to go back and stop the accident... and then wrap it up with Zelenka looking over his journal when McKay comes in and says something obnoxious... basically, the journal appeared mysteriously or was discovered somewhere, all written in Czech, so Zelenka was given the job of translating it. When asked, he dismisses it all as "just a diary", but when the situation that led to McKay's death arises (probably the point when McKay comes in and snarks at him), Zelenka volunteers instead. And hey, with his foreknowledge of what happens, chances are he can maybe avoid whatever happened to McKay. :)
What a cute lil bunny! Has anyone adopted it yet? If not, I'd like to--my muse is already chirping. :D

ShadowMaat
March 4th, 2005, 08:10 PM
What a cute lil bunny! Has anyone adopted it yet? If not, I'd like to--my muse is already chirping. :D
You're welcome to try. MC will be disappointed at being denied the chance to turn it into a slash fic, but who cares about her, anyway? :P *ducks MC's almighty spoon*

emily_reich
March 5th, 2005, 10:50 PM
ooh! there's some bunnies in here i'd love to see as a story :) esp. the nice atlantis and baal (:D) ones... :) *hopes someone adopts them*

i've recently discovered several plot bunnies, but they all come out of the baal/sam shipper part of my brain :D and most of them (well, ok, pretty much all of them) involve some smut... so i think they'll prob'ly just live happily ever after caged up in the baal/sam shipper part of my brain :p but i might put them into a nice shelter for adoption if someone REALLY wants to know any of them... :rolleyes: yeah... didn't think so...

Blue Banrigh
March 6th, 2005, 03:43 AM
Can I ask how to encourage my plot bunnies (I have three hanging around)?

I understand what they are telling me, I can imagine what happens (usually in that state between sleep and awake) but everytime I try to write them down, they become difficult. :(

emily_reich
March 6th, 2005, 05:12 AM
you can imagine great stories when you're going to sleep too?? :) yay and *phew*!!! it's not just me!!!... i can never write them down either :S i've tried a couple times, but it always sounds WAY better in my head, and as soon as i go to write i get completely awake again and can't think as creatively... [doctor mode]maybe it has something to do with being completely relaxed so the mind can be free to be creative setting up for creative dream state :D[/doctor mode] :D

so i second that query :) here's hopin there's just a secret we don't know about :p

Purpleyin
March 6th, 2005, 05:48 AM
Not got any plot bunnies to put up for adoption but thought some of the people asking aobut them might like this.

"On the Feeding And Care of Creativity Demons" (AKA plot bunnies around here)
http://home.earthlink.net/~eilonwy/writings/demons.htm

SilverRider
March 9th, 2005, 04:58 PM
I recently lost one plot bunny *wails* and it a suppose to be a good Davis plot bunny *cries*

emily_reich
March 9th, 2005, 05:11 PM
awww... :( a davis one too!! :o and there's such a lack of really good davis fics... :o

*crosses fingers that SR will find that lost bunny...* :)

Blue Banrigh
March 9th, 2005, 05:26 PM
you can imagine great stories when you're going to sleep too?? :) yay and *phew*!!! it's not just me!!!... i can never write them down either :S i've tried a couple times, but it always sounds WAY better in my head, and as soon as i go to write i get completely awake again and can't think as creatively... [doctor mode]maybe it has something to do with being completely relaxed so the mind can be free to be creative setting up for creative dream state :D[/doctor mode] :D

so i second that query :) here's hopin there's just a secret we don't know about :p

Glad I'm not alone, :D

I'm trying to grow one of them... it's going slow but it's getting there. There is something actually resembling a story (I think). Hey it may even see the light of day sometime in the future.

That theory isn't too off. It sounds weird and I don't know why, but I'm so secretive when it comes to reading fan-fics. I read them alone, change windows when people walk by and the printouts are hidden underneath my bed. :D

I don't know why... I'm not ashamed of my fandom, I love telling people about Stargate... *shrugs*

Purpleyin: Thanks for the link for the caring of plot bunnies. :D I'm sure it'll come in handy.

SilverRider: Hope you find your lost plot bunny (or it finds you)

emily_reich
March 9th, 2005, 05:49 PM
nope :) you ain't alone!! :) i TRIED letting one see the light of day one time, but it didn't last long out there.... i may try again sometime though!! :) :) good luck on yours!!!

SilverRider
March 11th, 2005, 11:11 PM
I'll find that plot bunny...even if I have to hunt it down....*evil laugh*

Only if I can remember which way it went :D

Tok'Ra Hostess
March 12th, 2005, 06:27 AM
Atlantis plot bunny.

At some point in S1, Ford gets implanted with a Wraith tracking device, which is one of the ways that the Wraith are managing to home in on the team... and the city. When the Atlantis crew figures this out, Ford escapes and decides to rough it on his own in order to protect the people of Atlantis. He's on his own, with limited resources, trying to outrun not just the Wraith, but his teammates as well, who are trying to find him and bring him back to Atlantis so they can find a way to get the chip out of his head.

Gee, Shadow, looks like someone at Bridge Studios adopted your plot bunny.... :eek:
;)

Tok'Ra Hostess
March 12th, 2005, 06:41 AM
I wanted to write this plot bunny, but its been sitting idle in my head for about three months now.

Okay the plot bunny went like this, the SGA team are exploring a planet when they run into a Wraith child, whose caretaker is a female human that looks around 50 or so. However, she is actually only 25, has been willingly feeding the child Wraith for a few years now, and has developed a maternal relationship with the kid as well.

And the entire story was to evolve around the moral issues concerning what to do with the Wraith child, the opposing veiws that would arise, explore the idea that the Wraith aren't actually evil, but are just living creatures that want to live, and a team developing fic.

This. Is. Terrific!

That sort of story is, to my mind, what SF is all about.

Write it, Thek. Please! :)

Blue Banrigh
March 12th, 2005, 07:03 AM
I think one of my plot bunnies is slowly growing up. I plotted the story, made character notes and a history. Quite proud of myself, this may actually go somewhere. :D

Now if only I spent that much time developing my uni essays I'd be set.

Questionable
March 12th, 2005, 07:29 AM
I have a very, very, messed up blot bunny, one that is set in the future, and, like mentioned, is messed up.

Somehow, Baal gets a queen, and that's all nice, but the thing is, the host is from Earth, and a child of one of the vairious pairings around. ( Sam and Jack, really, but any shall do ) But the thing that stumped me was, how did she get to be his queen? Is the queen much like the Tok'ra, in that she shares the body with the host? Is she only a queen for the purpose of producing symbiotes for Treton(sp?) for the Jaffa? Why did Baal agree to having her be his queen in the first place?

Like mentioned, it's messed up, I'd like to do it, but Muse hasn't been doing much lately.

joanne1138
March 12th, 2005, 07:31 AM
This LiveJournal icon amused me so I thought I'de share it with all the writers searching/breeding/disowning their bunnies.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v327/joanne1138/matilda7t.jpg

*pets the bunny* All that's missing is the evil glint in it's eye.

Questionable
March 12th, 2005, 07:33 AM
This LiveJournal icon amused me so I thought I'de share it with all the writers searching/breeding/disowning their bunnies.

Eeep. Pitty I don't like LiveJournal. I'm more of a Blogger person myself. Who knows, I might join again.

SilverRider
March 12th, 2005, 09:06 PM

:D what a cutie.....*falls in love with the plot bunny pic* :rolleyes:

hermajesty
March 13th, 2005, 08:31 AM
Here's a plot bunny that popped up after watching Mobieus. I would love to write it myself, but i never seem to get very far with writing stories, so i'm willing to donate it to a good home.
The story would revolve around original Daniel and AU Jack, Sam and Teal'c. They succeeded in starting a rebellion and burying the stargate, but what do they do now? If they live out the rest of their lives in Egypt, they'll probably have an effect on the timeline. But they still have the gate-ship, so they could use it to travel to any time in their future.

Now the story could go a number of ways:
1) They pop up at some point during the last 8 years (counting back from now). Either to change some pivotal event (but Sam might object) or they pop up at that time by accident. Then they could either change what happens, making the story AU. Or (more interesting but difficult to write) it could somehow be that they are somehow the cause of one of the lucky accidents that that mean that have happened through the series.

2) They pop up sometime after the fishing scene in Mobieus. Meet themselves? Go to Atlantis? Do something vital that ties in with season 9?

The story could continue the alternate Jack/Sam ship, and also deal with an element i felt was missing from Mobieus: Daniel's feelings on seeing alternate versions of his long-dead friends. The plotline would require a lot of thought - don't you just love time-travel paradoxes? - but i think it could work.

Anyway, what do you think? If you want to use it, or a part of it, tell me because i'd love to see how it turns out.

PS- If it seems familiar then thats probably because i posted the general idea on the mobieus thread a while ago.

Rail'k
March 13th, 2005, 08:56 AM
Here are some ideas that i am using in my fan fics

A)The gate goes public
B)An asasination attempt
C)Following the prometheous
D)Finding the furlings
E)what if Kinsey never died
F)Officaly becoming the 5th race
G)Fishing

SilverRider
March 13th, 2005, 03:46 PM
I though I found my davis Bunny, it was the wrong one. I have a Evil davis plot bunny if anyone wants to adopt it. :D ;)

Questionable
March 13th, 2005, 06:46 PM
The Mobius plotline is something that I have been itching to write for a long, long time, but I'm better at doing moment bits and one shots.

And the Sam and Jack relationship in that one is just very, very, very funny and nice.

Must... write... soon....

SilverRider
March 13th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Must... write... soon....

hehe...I know how that is...soo many plots, so little time :(

Questionable
March 14th, 2005, 07:08 AM
hehe...I know how that is...soo many plots, so little time :(

Yes. Or that you can't write a single thing. Or anything besides One shots.

And me would also like to know what happed during that year or so that Sam and Jack were left in Egypt before they got killed

Thek
March 14th, 2005, 07:40 PM
This. Is. Terrific!

That sort of story is, to my mind, what SF is all about.

Write it, Thek. Please! :)

:o

I want to, I really do...but my brain's fried on how the characters would react.

*hugs the plot bunny* If I love you, will you grow?

SilverRider
March 14th, 2005, 10:30 PM
:(
Yes. Or that you can't write a single thing. Or anything besides One shots.

And me would also like to know what happed during that year or so that Sam and Jack were left in Egypt before they got killed

I wouldn't know....:(

Blue Banrigh
March 16th, 2005, 12:38 AM
Eeeps! My plot bunny spawned a new one!

I was writing the background information and history for my first plot bunny before my lecture when it's evil cousin creeped up and pounced! It had a grip like a bulldog, it latched on and wouldn't let go. I ended up writing all these story notes during my lecture and partways through my tutorial.

Here's another question, how soon should we (meaning me and the plot bunnies) involve a beta?

Questionable
March 16th, 2005, 04:51 AM
Here's another question, how soon should we (meaning me and the plot bunnies) involve a beta?

As soon as you want. I use my Beta ( Haven't gotten a hold of her in awhile ) for all things, ideas, stuff like that.

SilverRider
March 17th, 2005, 01:24 PM
As soon as you want. I use my Beta ( Haven't gotten a hold of her in awhile ) for all things, ideas, stuff like that.

Yes Beta is a very handy person, to have at any stage of writing. She/He is you confinded on your stories, idea giver when you face a writer's block, and all of above a good nitpicker for everything that goes in your fic. :P :D

My beta is also my good friend and that's important too.

Blue Banrigh
March 17th, 2005, 01:50 PM
Yes Beta is a very handy person, to have at any stage of writing. She/He is you confinded on your stories, idea giver when you face a writer's block, and all of above a good nitpicker for everything that goes in your fic. :P :D

My beta is also my good friend and that's important too.
How do I go about finding one?

SilverRider
March 17th, 2005, 02:49 PM

well um...good question. I wouldn't know, it been over two years since I came back to this. :S

Or you can try posting one chpater of your fic in one of your groups and ask if anyone wants to become a beta-reader for you.

Blue Banrigh
March 17th, 2005, 02:58 PM
well um...good question. I wouldn't know, it been over two years since I came back to this. :S

Or you can try posting one chpater of your fic in one of your groups and ask if anyone wants to become a beta-reader for you.
Cool thanks. :D

A personal ad. :D LOL Writer seeks beta... :D

SilverRider
March 17th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Cool thanks. :D

A personal ad. :D LOL Writer seeks beta... :D

:D yea nothing beats a personal ad :D

Purpleyin
March 17th, 2005, 03:26 PM

I googled it and fund some links - mainly for SG-1 I think but fairly easy to find others if it's SGa fic.

Place of legacy Stargate beta readers
http://www.squidge.org/~ancientservant/submissions/sgbetas.html

Beta readers by fandoms
http://www.haelen.org/cleocalliope/BetaList/Fandoms.html

SG info archive beta listings
http://www.sg1archive.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8983

Hope that help, a good start I'd imagine - plenty of people listed there.
Googling things always works for me...:)

Questionable
March 19th, 2005, 12:46 PM

I'm itching, just itching to write this one. :: wanders off to draw up a few chapters ::

Onlybluesocks
April 24th, 2005, 07:29 PM
I got sent this thread by a friend.

Everyone remember in Emancipation when O'Neill talks to Sam when they rescue her and she has never been so happy to see them? he says something like not even that time when we found you on P4X-something or other and the natives made you take off your . . .

I want a story out of that! What happened?! PLEASE!

Agent_Dark
April 24th, 2005, 08:04 PM
I got sent this thread by a friend.

Everyone remember in Emancipation when O'Neill talks to Sam when they rescue her and she has never been so happy to see them? he says something like not even that time when we found you on P4X-something or other and the natives made you take off your . . .

I want a story out of that! What happened?! PLEASE!
lol check around Helio2, I'm sure you'll find some ;)

Blue Banrigh
April 24th, 2005, 08:14 PM
So how are everybody's plot bunnies?

I've sadly neglected mine and it is now covered in dust. I should look at it this weekend, it kinda looks sad...

SilverRider
April 25th, 2005, 12:42 AM
I got two bunnies that are being lazy, and one is going no where *sighs* Road trips ficcys are hard. :(

On my other fandom, I haven't touched them in a while. :o

SilverRider
May 30th, 2005, 03:48 PM
*hopps in*

Just seeing How the bunnies are coming along. It's been more than an months since someone posted here. :o

*hops out*

grendelsbayne
May 30th, 2005, 04:22 PM
I have one idea for an sg-1 fic which I'd be interested to see what someone could do with it. I do reserve the right to do my own version eventually if I want, but the probability of that ain't very high ;)

Anyway, the idea is basically for a new Goa'uld: Tezcatlipoca, the Aztec God of the Smoking Mirror. He was a god of war, beauty, and temptations who was the archenemy of Quetzalcoatl (the Giant Alien we met in "Crystal Skull").

Some interesting possibilities the story could touch on:

- Explain the giant aliens
- Return of Nick Jackson
- Return of Zipacna ("Pretense") who is also from central american mythology
- The Smoking Mirror technology; Tezcatlipoca is called the god of the smoking mirror because of an obsidian mirror he wore on his chest in which he could see all the thoughts and deeds of men
- The lesser evil concept; Tezcatlipoca was really harsh in lots of ways, but he was also sometimes considered a champion of righteousness. He was said to punish wrongdoing (although, often he tempted the person into doing the wrong to begin with) and he rewarded goodness with riches and prosperity. He was also called the protector of slaves and masters who mistreated "Tezcatlipoca's beloved children" were severely punished.
- The Jaguar Guards; a fun chance for a new Jaffa culture with a different dynamic
- The truce idea; In legend, Tezcatlipoca ruled over the First World until it was destroyed by Quetzalcoatl. Then Quetzalcoatl ruled over the second world until Tezcatlipoca returned and destroyed it. After two others got a shot, Tezcatlipoca and Quetzalcoatl decided to work together to restore creation.

Blue Banrigh
May 30th, 2005, 05:47 PM
I took a look at one of mine the other day, changed a few things but pretty much left it alone.

I'll probably see what I can do with it when uni finishes this week.

SilverRider
May 30th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Wwwwweeeeeeeeeee that's great blue. Mine are all sleep for now :(

Tok'Ra Hostess
July 19th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Spoilers for season 9 regarding a non-shippy Sam and Cam. :)
What if Sam and Cam know each other so well because they are first cousins? Cameron is Sam's favorite Uncle Irving's son(Uncle Irving, from Urgo). Maybe a cool back-story would revolve around Cam's worrying that he might screw up and Sam wouldn't be there to rescue the situation. Why would he say that? Does he have first hand experience at screwing up and Sam helping him out?

SilverRider
July 19th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Nice Plot :D

Let's hope spme on pinches it :)

trill
July 21st, 2005, 08:07 PM
okay, I was re-watching the marathon, and all the replicators falling to bits at the end of the second part of Reckoning made me think, "What did they do with all the peices?" And then I got this image of Jack with a bottle of Elmer's glue making something out of them, and Daniel walking into the room and freaking out.

I keep trying to write it, but it doesn't come out quite right. So I thought I'd see if anyone else could do something with it.

SilverRider
July 21st, 2005, 11:51 PM
okay, I was re-watching the marathon, and all the replicators falling to bits at the end of the second part of Reckoning made me think, "What did they do with all the peices?" And then I got this image of Jack with a bottle of Elmer's glue making something out of them, and Daniel walking into the room and freaking out.

I keep trying to write it, but it doesn't come out quite right. So I thought I'd see if anyone else could do something with it.

Show me what you have and I'll help you improve on it. :) I'm sure your fic is good for a first attempt :)

Skydiver
July 22nd, 2005, 04:56 AM
here's one for the atlantis folks

suspicion spoilers

ok, at one point, teyla and ford were left behind. they think that teyla could be a spy. she radios atlantis, asking for them to open the shield. they pause, they don't know if she's on theup and up and ford is unconscious so they cant' ask him.

in the show, liz opens it. but what if she didn't?
how would things play out if they abandoned ford and teyla on the planet with the wraith around?

Beatrice Otter
July 25th, 2005, 12:03 PM
I have a couple of plot bunnies that need to be adopted. And I'd like to say that as different writers handle things in different ways, there's no need to be stingy. If you like a plot bunny and want to adopt it feel free even if someone else has already spoken up; chances are, you'll end up with something very different.

First, what if the alternate-SG1 hadn't managed to put things right in Moebius? They go back, find Daniel, fail, and go back to their own time, edited to add: with the real Daniel. The problem is, what happens to Daniel. The trust and respect and reputation he's spent eight years building up simply don't exist there. As far as they know, he's just a geeky archaeologist. And Kinsey is president. And everything he knows is gone, either completely or just radically altered. How does he handle it? How does everyone around him handle it? If possible, I'd like for the alt-Daniel to be saved somehow, so he can be a foil for our Daniel.

Second, I know the Broca fics have been done to death. You know, the one where Jack doesn't push Sam off, she gets pregnant, yadda yadda. But most of those end up syrupy sweet and disgusting. I would like to see something realistic about it--they know very little about each other, both are very strong-willed, and can be abrasive. Sam resents having to transfer to a desk job because one of them has to transfer and she, being pregnant, can't go out into the field. Even though she knows (intellectually) that it's not Jack's fault and she was the logical choice, that doesn't change how she feels. Then there's Jacob, who doesn't yet know about the SG program and is very protective of his daughter. I'd like Sam and Jack to end up together in the end, but don't make it easy on them, eh? Also, this situation is not one that could realistically be fixed over night; it should take them some time to work through. If for some reason the story lasts through the beginning of season two, I'd like to see Jacob still end up with Selmak, if at all possible, as the pair of them were my favorite characters and I'm not up to the trauma of seeing them die again.

Third, let's ignore season nine. No new enemy has appeared. The President decides that now, with the goauld gone, is as good a time as any and better than most to introduce the Stargate program to the general public. Jack, Sam, et al are heroes. Mini-Jack spent very little time in HS before going on a road trip and trying out for a tv show just on a whim. He got the part, and now plays Joan's brother on Joan of Arcadia (the tv show that, in rl, Michael Welch plays), along side his favorite actress Mary Steenbergen. He's frustrated because he now works alongside this hot, intelligent, talented woman and she thinks he's a teen. So how does he react to the SG program becoming public?

Fourth, mini-Jack stayed in school. He did very well in school, as a matter of fact--all those years of listening to Carter and Daniel and the other resident geeks paid off. He figures that the best way to distinguish himself from the original is to become a scientist of some sort (you pick). Along the way he gets married, has a family, yadda. He's at a university, either studying or teaching, when his wife finds out about the SG program in some way (you choose). Maybe they're calling him in to consult on something or other. Finding out your husband is a clone with fifty years of someone else's memories would be so weird; particularly if she somehow gets mixed up in something. How does she handle it? How does mini-Jack? How has mini-Jack changed over the years? Bonus points if she meets the original Jack; Bonus points if she meets Sam and compares herself to her.

Beatrice Otter
July 25th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Beatrice Otter's Random Plot Bunnies, continued. Free to a Good Home.

Fifth, Egeria wasn't stupid, she made a daughter to carry on her work (i.e. breeding more Tok'ra) if she was ever captured/killed/etc. Alas, this daughter was not yet mature when she, too, was captured and stuck in some kind of stasis field, whatever. She was imprisoned on Earth. An archaeologist found her and removed her, and while she was still disoriented she took him as a host (acting on instinct). Either the original archaeologist decided to keep her, or another host was found (preferably another archaeologist). None of them know anything about the SG program; as far as they know, all the Tok'ra have been captured and/or killed. But since they know the truth about Earth's distant history, they're looking for the right stuff and publishing it. They come to the attention of the SGC, who send SG-1 out to investigate. Sam and Teal'c realize the archaeologist has a symbiote at the same time the young queen realizes one of them is a Jaffa. The obvious misunderstandings ensue.

Sixth, what about Kanan? What if, instead of just taking off with O'Neill's body, he asked him nicely if they could go rescue his girlfriend? O'Neill says yes--you know how he is about leaving people behind, and when you add Kanan's emotional attachment to her (which O'Neill would feel as his own) I can't see him refusing. Is O'Neill's military experience enough to get them in and out safely when added to Kanan's familiarity with the complex? If so, does the whole experience make him change his mind about the Tok'ra, maybe even consenting to be Kanan's host permanently? If you go that route, how does this affect his relationship with Carter, keeping in mind that the Lo'taur looks an awful lot like her and Kanan loves her to some degree (which Jack feels as much as Kanan does, the two of them having a true blending)? How do Tok'ra love matches work out if both host and symbiote have prior attachments? If Jack and Kanan do end up getting captured by Ba'al, how does that change things? How does Ba'al react? How do Daniel and Kanan relate? What do Jack and Kanan talk about (or avoid talking about) in between bouts of torture? This one in particular could go a lot of different ways, so I'd love to see multiple people adopt it.

Seventh, Abyss happens just as it did, but as Kanan slithers away he manages to take a forest creature as his next host and take it back through the gate to the Tok'ra. How do they react? He violated their most sacred law, after all. Do they find him another host? If so, what happens when he runs into Jack again? What issues does he have left over from the whole thing?

Eighth is for you crossover lovers out there. (But I do ask that you read the Fanfic Symposium articles on crossovers (http://www.trickster.org/symposium/coltopic.html#gcross) before starting to avoid the biggest pitfalls of most crossovers.) Cossover with an OC from Buffy--on Halloween, what if one of Buffy's classmates was a Mad Scientist? (In the ep I'm referring to, a Chaos mage sold costumes for Haloween that turned you into whatever you were dressed as--if you were a pirate, you became a pirate, if you were a soldier you became a soldier, if you were a ghost, etc., etc.--and once the spell was broken, everybody remembered the stuff they knew as their costume. Xander was a soldier, and he remembered stuff like how to use a bazooka, which occasionally was handy later on in the series.) So, now that our OC knows all this science stuff, S/He decides to become a scientist and ends up working at the SGC in some capacity. What's his/her perspective on going from a Hellmouth to working on alien technology? Does the SGC in general learn about Hellmouths and stuff like that from working with him/her? (Maybe they come across one offworld and the former Mad Scientist figures out what's going on.) If they do find out, I'd like to have the fMS explain what life is like on a Hellmouth by dragging out an old yearbook for them to look at. That looks normal, until you notice the ads for funeral homes, mortuaries, and cemetaries among the ads at the end, and Buffy's Class Protector award (complete with the speech about the lowest mortality rate of any Sunnydale HS class ever), and various other oddities.

SilverRider
July 25th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Wow :eek: some good plot bunnies :D :D I love take the AU of Broca fic, but all my bunnies are gone :(

I already have a AU of Smokes and Mirrors plot (not even started one it), plus its a trilogy too :S 60 pages plus for each part of it. *smashes her plot bunnies*

hehehe

Turiya
August 7th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Well... Er, hi, this is my first post. ;)

I've been thinking of something where Sam is at Jack's house and they're fishing, but then who do they see moving in next door? Baal and my own character, Sam Lemley. I've already started on it, but I haven't really got to that bit yet. (Oh, and this bunny came into being when I was drawing... Jaffa lawn gnomes! Or it might've been when I had that dream where Baal was wearing pink pinstripes... he wasn't too happy with that.) So, er, if anyone is crazy enough to try that...

And another thing... Baal is bound to meet Vala someday. Imagine what fun they'd have torturing Daniel. Er, psychologically, I mean.

What if not all of the Jaffa are liberated? Another Dream-Bunny suggests that there's another Gou'ald by the name of Bast (Not Bastet, she's completely different) who's a bit of a hermit and has kept all of her Jaffa in a Wraith-like hibernation. (Or froze them... I just don't know very much about cryogenics, or whatever it is. (See? I don't even know the name of it.)) Of course, Bast won't be evil or bad or icky... She might even be Tok'ra-like in her relationship with her host.

And, to borrow Stephen R. Donaldson's aliens for a sec, there're these things known as the Amnion, and the main thing they do is play with dangerous mutagens. Now, in the books, they were very Borg-like, in that they changed everything to be like themselves. In my selective little world, however, they are capable of much, much more. (Such as making a Wraith not be a Wraith, but that's not really what I'm on right now, or is it?) Hey, Bast's host could be a Wraith...

And then there's my minor Aliens/Predator interest... Nuff said, right there. ("But what do we do with it?" "Anything you like, my dears, anything you like." "Ah.")

Perhaps I ramble.
-T

NoDot
August 8th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Well, here's a post from when the Sheppard/Teyla Ship Dicusssion Thread degraded down to OT chatter: 20 Plot Bunnies (http://forum.gateworld.net/showpost.php?p=433117&postcount=1839).

AlphaZero
August 18th, 2005, 03:55 AM
I've had this idea knocking around in my head so figured I'd post and see what you guys think. I started to think about this after season 1 and have had it on my mind ever since.

How many stargates do you think there are, and over how many planets and galaxies? I guess what im trying to get at is how do you build and deploy a network of startgates across the universe?

I had this idea for a floating stargate factory. So the factory builds and deploys the gates, while at the same time collecting raw materials from the planets it visits.

Of course the ship would need to defend itself, but I dont think it would be able to attack. More over I believe that is would use some kind of "cloaking" device in order to hide itself.

On board would be the build room, the test room, the control tower and of course the Gate Station. The last one being a collection of star gates so that the Alterans could gate onto the factory from any galaxy and then gate away to any other galaxy if they so choose to do so?

Like I said, an idea.

Alf

irishchick
August 18th, 2005, 04:05 AM
Im A Hugh Fic Reader Love It Love It Love It . Tried Writing An Kinda Failed Im Better With The Ideas An Was Mulling This One Over I Know I Know Done To Death Probably But What Ye Think:

In 2010 Sam And Joe Where Married An We're Kinda Left With The Impression When She Visits Jack That Something Happened Between Them So

Say They Were Together Like They Kinda Mite Be Now But It Didnt Work Out So They Split And She Marries Joe But Whats The Reason ??

Ye They Fell Out Over The Aschen But What If Its More What If Something Or Someone Came Between Them And Them Maybe Realiseing That Even Though There Allowed To Be Together Now That Its Not Enough To Keep Them Together,

Or That One Of The Last Mission They Were On Oneill Gave An Order From Washington That The Mission Had To Succeed At All Costs And Ordered Carter To Leave Someone Behind Like Daniel And That Then Causes The Relationship To Break Down ,

What Ye Think Honestly

GbaGuy
August 18th, 2005, 05:42 AM
Kathrine Langford turns out to be an Ancient that was working to help
humans get "out there"; she died because they finally defeated the Goa'uld.
I may tie this in eventually with a story of the aftermath of a massive secret
offensive against the remnants of the Goa'uld forces (sort of like the Battle of
the Bulge, except Goa'uld/Jaffa/Human slaves are getting slaughtered). SG-1
is taken in when their expertise with Ancient tech is required when Atum's (kathrine's real name) ship is found on one of the planets. Egyptian creation
myth, BNBN stone turns out to be that ship, which Ra originally took the persona
after slaves he had on that planet started worshiping Atum's ship (BNBN stone).

ChillinTheMost
August 24th, 2005, 12:46 PM
Spoilers for season 9 regarding a non-shippy Sam and Cam. :)
What if Sam and Cam know each other so well because they are first cousins? Cameron is Sam's favorite Uncle Irving's son(Uncle Irving, from Urgo). Maybe a cool back-story would revolve around Cam's worrying that he might screw up and Sam wouldn't be there to rescue the situation. Why would he say that? Does he have first hand experience at screwing up and Sam helping him out?

Okay, so how do we do this?

I haven't read much Stargate fanfic and wouldn't write any at this point, because even though I've seen most of the episodes, I don't feel I could do the characters justice.

But the scenerio you mentioned, I thought I could do, so I did. Now where do I put it so you can read it?

I'll wander through this area of the forum and maybe I'll figure it out.

Okay, I figured it out. Here it is [or was this just the link for me to check it out?]

http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/39/summerweekends.html

SilverRider
August 25th, 2005, 01:21 AM
Okay, so how do we do this?

I haven't read much Stargate fanfic and wouldn't write any at this point, because even though I've seen most of the episodes, I don't feel I could do the characters justice.

But the scenerio you mentioned, I thought I could do, so I did. Now where do I put it so you can read it?

I'll wander through this area of the forum and maybe I'll figure it out.

Okay, I figured it out. Here it is [or was this just the link for me to check it out?]

OH nice fic, got another chapter in WIP??? :D :D :D

ChillinTheMost
August 25th, 2005, 03:22 AM
OH nice fic, got another chapter in WIP??? :D :D :D

Thanks, SilverRider! I don't have anything else right now. I'm not good at coming up with the ideas, even if my stuff is generally plot-lite! :D

CeeKay Sheppard
August 27th, 2005, 05:20 PM

:eek: I wonder if TPTB read this thread, because that's "Instinct" almost exactly! :eek:

SilverRider
August 27th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Thanks, SilverRider! I don't have anything else right now. I'm not good at coming up with the ideas, even if my stuff is generally plot-lite! :D

hehe :D :D I get tons of ideas only few make it to an acutal fic :P But the ones that are WIP, i get no ideas for them :(

seanait
August 29th, 2005, 09:07 PM
*has fic bunnies bouncing around*

anyone want some???

SilverRider
August 29th, 2005, 11:18 PM
Just tell us what you have :) I'll see if can take any ;)

BTW yuor the same Seanait from Fanfiction.net right? :D :D

Welcome to GateWorld!!!!!! :D :D

Tok'Ra Hostess
August 30th, 2005, 05:57 AM

Hey, Chillin, KWEL! :D

thistledown
September 2nd, 2005, 03:19 PM

:eek: I wonder if TPTB read this thread, because that's "Instinct" almost exactly! :eek:

As soon as I watched the eppy I thought the SAME THING!! :D

:)
AT

SilverRider
September 4th, 2005, 12:49 AM
Second, I know the Broca fics have been done to death. You know, the one where Jack doesn't push Sam off, she gets pregnant, yadda yadda. But most of those end up syrupy sweet and disgusting. I would like to see something realistic about it--they know very little about each other, both are very strong-willed, and can be abrasive. Sam resents having to transfer to a desk job because one of them has to transfer and she, being pregnant, can't go out into the field. Even though she knows (intellectually) that it's not Jack's fault and she was the logical choice, that doesn't change how she feels. Then there's Jacob, who doesn't yet know about the SG program and is very protective of his daughter. I'd like Sam and Jack to end up together in the end, but don't make it easy on them, eh? Also, this situation is not one that could realistically be fixed over night; it should take them some time to work through. If for some reason the story lasts through the beginning of season two, I'd like to see Jacob still end up with Selmak, if at all possible, as the pair of them were my favorite characters and I'm not up to the trauma of seeing them die again.

Um... I was thinking of adpoting this one and changing few things, such as rather than transfering i was going to have her leave, without leaving a forwarding contact. Then say...about 18 yrs later.....have her son/daughter come looking for Jack. Then play the years as a flashbacks :o :o

Since this is your idea let me know if you approve. :D :D

Purpleyin
September 5th, 2005, 04:20 AM
Okay, had this Shep plot bunny milling around for a while but don't think I can do t justice. I got the idea from a discussion of bad stories ideas and fics where the characters suddenly had a child never previously mentioned. Yeah, cliche but I got to thinking how could it be done without being so cliched and bad - might not have got there but this is the plot I came up with. I don't really want to write it as I'm no good at Shep and haven't the time to try - it's one of those fic where it could turn out bad but could I believe also be great if the right person did it.

Basic idea is it covers some of his backstory, the friends from 'Home' deaths. Catch is that it wasn't just so simple as they died but one had a fiance. Shep feels guilt over the guys death, and as she's a good friend too he grieves with her. Cue the cliched bit of him getting entangled with her but it being just wrong for both of them and then they go there separate ways, and Shep eventually goes to Atlantis, giving her little thought because it's all in the past. The starting point for this should however be set in season 2 and Shep's return to Earth - finding it a bit more complicated than he'd have liked when he drops in to visit her after years and finds she has a very young daughter. The true story of what happened plus the bits Shep didn't know of unfold in subsequent dealings.

It's not meant to be ship fic at all, since there's no love here. Grief, angst, confusion. She didn't tell him because she was fooling herself into thinking it was her fiances child even though deep down she knew it couldn't be - most in the families of her and her fiance don't see any resemblance to Shep but it is complicated by the fact most of them knew him well enough but she doesn't want anyone other than him to know, nor does she specifically want his help or involvement. Also thought this development could tide well for clouding Shep's season 2 events - a few people I know suggested he was suffering from guilt in s1 and hence the suicide mission deal and so you could see s2 and less of that as changed because of this.

I don't know. I think it has potential but I don't think I can draw it out enough, so hoping someone will like it and take it and make something great out of it.

Beatrice Otter
September 6th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Um... I was thinking of adpoting this one and changing few things, such as rather than transfering i was going to have her leave, without leaving a forwarding contact. Then say...about 18 yrs later.....have her son/daughter come looking for Jack. Then play the years as a flashbacks :o :o

Since this is your idea let me know if you approve. :D :D
Well, it's not my place to say what happens to the plot bunny after it gets adopted. I will say, however, that I can't picture Carter running away from the Air Force; I've read fics like that and it's always a struggle to suspend disbelief. If you write it, please put a link here so's I can find it.

Beatrice Otter
October 1st, 2005, 06:55 PM
Doesn't anybody else have any plot bunnies to share? Even if none of them get turned into fics, they're always interesting to imagine.

irishchick
October 5th, 2005, 07:29 AM
hey guys what u think of this , ive kinda had this idea for a while, its more for u writers who like lots of dialogue, its set maybe end s10

sam and daniel are taken prisioner on a mission there really is no hope of them bein rescued and they know this
there sitting in a small cell really dark just a little light from a small window,
there sittin there havin accepted there fate and talking about there lives what they've missed out on what they've achieved:

sam: you ever think you've missed out daniel
daniel: missed out?
sam: ye on life
etc

the things they regret, the things they've come to love over the years

just a really hearthfelt discussion between two friends who have shared and seen so much

but this cant have a happy ending either both die or one does

what ye think

crap or really crap??

thistledown
October 6th, 2005, 06:04 PM
Hey there!

This isn't really a plot bunny, but ......

As a huge Carson fan, I've been VERY disappointed lately with how little his character had been appearing on screen. He wasn't even IN the last two episodes! Then I thought it might be a sort of golden opportunity for anyone who wants to write Carson fics.

What was he doing during the last few eppys? Sort of a retelling of them from his perspective. Just the occasional "intrusion" by a passing character reminding the reader what episode is going on.

Just a thought!

:)
AT

contact2918
October 11th, 2005, 05:20 PM
I love this thread. You guys have got some really great ideas here. Most of my plot bunnies, I end up raising myself. Several of them grew into my first fanfic "Existence" (http://www.greenrockinc.com/existence.htm). Some of those plot bunnies included "What happened to Ernest?", "What if the Catherine from Ernest's imagination in Torment of Tantalus wasn't really his imagination, but rather an alien?", & "What ever happened to the Furlings?". It's published on a friend of mine's site. I've debated on whether or not to post in on GW as well, mainly because there's a nod in there to the ASGC: Asgard Stargate Command, a fan club for the Asgard on the SciFi boards. I don't know how many people here would get that.

I'm currently nurturing another plot bunny that is turning into quite the killer rabbit. It deals with Janus, alternate realities, alternate universes and the son of Daniel Jackson. This one's going to take me awhile.

In the meantime, if someone would like to give a home to another of my little plot bunnies before it turns into a dust bunny... What ever happened to Urgo/Togar after SG1 left? :D

SilverRider
October 11th, 2005, 07:39 PM
In the meantime, if someone would like to give a home to another of my little plot bunnies before it turns into a dust bunny... What ever happened to Urgo/Togar after SG1 left? :D

you might wanna feed this bunny more food :P :D

Purpleyin
October 12th, 2005, 03:19 AM
Ok, SGA Thanksgiving plot bunny here. It's that time of the year but the Atlanteans find that the Pegasus galaxy equivalent of a turkey is for some reason sacred. Something to do with beliefs Ancients could change into animals and that it was their favourite form. I'm sure there needs to be a twist to that... *evil grin* Just a nice way to talk about the culture and Athosians relative to Thanksgiving. Sadly I don't have time for this one and my hearts not in it, but I do hope someone feeds it because I'd love to read it. :)

Rowana
October 12th, 2005, 08:55 AM
Ok, SGA Thanksgiving plot bunny here. It's that time of the year but the Atlanteans find that the Pegasus galaxy equivalent of a turkey is for some reason sacred. Something to do with beliefs Ancients could change into animals and tat it was their favourite form. I'm sure there needs to be a twist to that... *evil grin* Just a nice way to talk about the culture and Athosians relative to Thanksgiving. Sadly I don't have time for this one and my hearts not in it, but I do hope someone feeds it because I'd love to read it. :)

That's an interesting idea. Oh, the possibilities! Unfortunately, I too, don't have time to do it. Got three other stories in the works and not enough time for those as it is. Hope someone picks this up! It could be really cool!

contact2918
October 12th, 2005, 09:57 AM
you might wanna feed this bunny more food :P :D

Oh, you need more details? Sorry, most of my plot bunnies are born as questions like that, then I start feeding them thier "what if" brand protien pellets only once I commit to raising them.

How about this... The people of Togar's planet now think that he has gone insane because of Urgo, which with Urgo always yapping insidie his head isn't too far from the truth. They want to put him into some sort of an asylum. Togar's only hope to remain free is to venture out into the galaxy through the stargate. Perhaps Urgo even develops the ability to completely take over control of Togar's body.

SilverRider
October 13th, 2005, 01:36 AM
Oh, you need more details? Sorry, most of my plot bunnies are born as questions like that, then I start feeding them thier "what if" brand protien pellets only once I commit to raising them.

How about this... The people of Togar's planet now think that he has gone insane because of Urgo, which with Urgo always yapping insidie his head isn't too far from the truth. They want to put him into some sort of an asylum. Togar's only hope to remain free is to venture out into the galaxy through the stargate. Perhaps Urgo even develops the ability to completely take over control of Togar's body.

Yes, more details. :D I like it, I can see the comical exchanges between Togar and Urgo. :P

I would love to adopt it, I already have adopted one from here, I'm hoping the bunny will start play. :o If I can get all my bunnies taken care off, I might take this one. :)

contact2918
October 13th, 2005, 05:40 AM
Yes, more details. :D I like it, I can see the comical exchanges between Togar and Urgo. :P

I would love to adopt it, I already have adopted one from here, I'm hoping the bunny will start play. :o If I can get all my bunnies taken care off, I might take this one. :)

Cool. Be sure to let me know if you do.

Prior_of_the_Ori
April 17th, 2006, 04:53 PM
Well got linked here so thought 'might as well post it here to'. A plot idea i had which i may actually get back to doing but might as well keep it in a place so it would remind me.

Its more like a virtual series but here goes:
Stargate: Frontier
Characters
-Good SG-12
-Bad Thaloc/Stragoth Swarm
Setting: Milky Way Galaxy; Echo Site, Series 9 era
Series Info: The team are exploring and discover that an alien race is planning an galactic invasion of the galaxy. With the growing Ori threat, SG-12 have been tasked with the job of gaining more information as Earth's resources are stretched to the limit. Furthermore, several Senators do not believe that such a threat exists. Based on the Echo Site, an offworld colony, SG-12 learn that the threat is very real and quickly approaching.
The Team: Colonel Jessica Renold's, Major Eric Masterson, Captain Clare Tobias, Nyan and Ke'ra (comes a lot later)

Got a lot more then that..........

ReganX
April 25th, 2006, 08:43 AM
I'd love to see a story set during 'Scorched Earth' where Lotan's answer to Daniel's question whether he knew of another planet suitable for the Enkarans was "No".

ReganX
April 25th, 2006, 08:48 AM
Since it seems to be okay for a father and daughter to serve together at the SGC, what if for some reason, be it personal or health related, Hammond had to leave his post as CO of the SGC just before 'Children of the Gods' and recommended Jacob Carter to replace him.

I'd love to see Jack's face if he didn't realize that he was talking to his new CO's daughter - Carter isn't exactly the most uncommon surname in the world - until after their meeting in the briefing room.

SilverRider
April 25th, 2006, 01:40 PM
Since it seems to be okay for a father and daughter to serve together at the SGC, what if for some reason, be it personal or health related, Hammond had to leave his post as CO of the SGC just before 'Children of the Gods' and recommended Jacob Carter to replace him.

I'd love to see Jack's face if he didn't realize that he was talking to his new CO's daughter - Carter isn't exactly the most uncommon surname in the world - until after their meeting in the briefing room.

Not a bad idea. How about giving it more flesh work to this story, so someonce came take it :D :D

Beside I see this fic as a miultchaptered fic with humor.

ReganX
April 26th, 2006, 04:54 AM
Not a bad idea. How about giving it more flesh work to this story, so someonce came take it :D :D

Beside I see this fic as a miultchaptered fic with humor.

It's an idea I've been toying with myself, so I'm hoping somebody tries it before I start yet another story.

I'm afraid I'm a bit of a challenge addict - three of my stories are responses to my own challenges.

SilverRider
April 27th, 2006, 10:53 PM
:lol: Is that so?? :D :D NOt bad. I can never take my own challenges unless bunnies give a very big bite :D

But my own ideas do get planted in my own head. Some sadly are still wating to be started.

Beatrice Otter
April 28th, 2006, 10:22 AM
I know the Broca fics have been done to death. You know, the one where Jack doesn't push Sam off, she gets pregnant, yadda yadda. But most of those end up syrupy sweet and disgusting. I would like to see something realistic about it--they know very little about each other, both are very strong-willed, and can be abrasive. Sam resents having to transfer to a desk job because one of them has to transfer and she, being pregnant, can't go out into the field. Even though she knows (intellectually) that it's not Jack's fault and she was the logical choice, that doesn't change how she feels. Then there's Jacob, who doesn't yet know about the SG program and is very protective of his daughter. I'd like Sam and Jack to end up together in the end, but don't make it easy on them, eh? Also, this situation is not one that could realistically be fixed over night; it should take them some time to work through. If for some reason the story lasts through the beginning of season two, I'd like to see Jacob still end up with Selmak, if at all possible, as the pair of them were my favorite characters and I'm not up to the trauma of seeing them die again.

BTW, I've actually written this one and am working on a sequel. They're up here (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2609743/1/) and here (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2887338/1/).

Beatrice Otter
April 28th, 2006, 10:26 AM

::snicker:: Ooh, I can only imagine. Jacob's my favorite character, so by all means, write away!

SilverRider
April 28th, 2006, 11:11 PM
BTW, I've actually written this one and am working on a sequel. They're up here (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2609743/1/) and here (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2887338/1/).

I gotta tell you I have been enjoying it. It's a great fic. I still have to check out the sequel :)

ReganX
April 29th, 2006, 06:06 AM
::snicker:: Ooh, I can only imagine. Jacob's my favorite character, so by all means, write away!

I like the idea because Sam and Jacob didn't have the best relationship prior to his joining with Selmak so I could definitely see some tension between them and poor Sam would probably feel that she had to prove herself even more than she did originally.

ReganX
April 29th, 2006, 06:34 AM
What if, in 'The Gamekeeper', Sam and Teal'c's memories had been accessible?

The shipper in me would like to see Jack and Sam alternating between experiencing his memories and hers, while Teal'c and Daniel alternate between theirs, but the whole team experiencing everyone's memories in turn would also be interesting.

ReganX
April 30th, 2006, 10:13 AM
I'd like to see a story set during Season Three's "Shades Of Grey", showing how Sam, Daniel and Teal'c fared under Makepeace's leadership, preferably including a discussion between the three of them, or between any two of them, on their feelings regarding the change.

Beatrice Otter
May 1st, 2006, 11:21 AM
I gotta tell you I have been enjoying it. It's a great fic. I still have to check out the sequel :)
I'm glad you enjoy it! What are you waiting for? Go, read.

SilverRider
May 2nd, 2006, 03:52 AM
I'm glad you enjoy it! What are you waiting for? Go, read.

:lol: no time, bloody work has me tired to it's building :lol:

I will do it tomorrow. :D :D

ReganX
June 6th, 2006, 05:51 PM
What if Jolinar had been telling the truth when she said that she knew where Sha're was and Sam remembered after "In The Line Of Duty".

Kasuf unburies the 'gate early and Daniel is able to find Sha're, about four or five months pregnant, on Abydos.

ReganX
June 14th, 2006, 08:03 PM
I' like to see a story set in the alternate reality of "There But For The Grace Of God" or "Point Of View" - prior to the destruction of Earth in the case of the former, obviously.

How did they get the Stargate Program up and running, what was their experience of 'gate travel like and, in the case of the "Point Of View"-verse, what happened during the six months between when they learned of the planned Goa'uld attack and when the attack took place?

ReganX
July 6th, 2006, 11:35 PM
What if, in "Unnatural Selection", Sam had set the timer for five minutes instead of three, either because she deliberately ignored Jack's gesture or because she genuinely didn't see it and when SG-1 escaped, Fifth came with them?

ReganX
October 5th, 2006, 02:12 PM
What if, instead of SG-1 finding Daniel shortly after he descended, he wasn't able to make his way back to Earth for five years.

How would he find readjusting to being back at the SGC? How would it affect the team if Jonas had had the fourth spot for six years instead of one?

Bekki
November 6th, 2007, 09:47 PM
*pokes around in the thread*

Hi! This thread is really great! Anyone have any new plot bunnies?

SilverRider
November 6th, 2007, 10:01 PM
you dug this out after one year?? :D wow :eek:

I had all my bunnies ran out on me, so I don't have any to give out either :(

Kanetsidohi
November 7th, 2007, 10:04 AM
I've reading the plot bunnies in this thread, they're really good and I hope they get to be stories at some point.

I also have several PBs but the one that has its being annoying presence known for a while is this:

SG1 (Possibly SGA crossover).

The premise is that Sam loves Jack, even if they are not together or, Jack is in love with someone else.

I want to see Sam, whom is such a nice girl, letting somebody die deliberately just to save Jack's life. And not feeling a tiny bit of guilt afterward, maybe even lying about it.

I've always wanted to see her being a woman first and an officer latter, doing something emotional, selfish and for once thinking of her first. I must clarify that I don't think all women behave in such way. Being emotional and selfish can be done perfectly by any gender.

The best ending would be that everybody, whom know her not very well, thinks that she did what she did because exactly the opposite reason: She took a harsh decision because it was the best and she was being a cool-minded seasoned commander. But with Daniel and Teal'c knowing exactly what she really did.

Since I'm picky: No sex, just emotional distraught, angst and darkness.

ReganX
November 12th, 2007, 05:18 AM
I've reading the plot bunnies in this thread, they're really good and I hope they get to be stories at some point.

I also have several PBs but the one that has its being annoying presence known for a while is this:

SG1 (Possibly SGA crossover).

The premise is that Sam loves Jack, even if they are not together or, Jack is in love with someone else.

I want to see Sam, whom is such a nice girl, letting somebody die deliberately just to save Jack's life. And not feeling a tiny bit of guilt afterward, maybe even lying about it.

I've always wanted to see her being a woman first and an officer latter, doing something emotional, selfish and for once thinking of her first. I must clarify that I don't think all women behave in such way. Being emotional and selfish can be done perfectly by any gender.

The best ending would be that everybody, whom know her not very well, thinks that she did what she did because exactly the opposite reason: She took a harsh decision because it was the best and she was being a cool-minded seasoned commander. But with Daniel and Teal'c knowing exactly what she really did.

Since I'm picky: No sex, just emotional distraught, angst and darkness.

Claudia

When you say "deliberately", what do you mean exactly?

Is it a case of a split-second decision and she instinctively dives to save Jack instead of the other person, or is it more along the lines of a "Sophie's Choise" deal; the bad guy tells Sam she has to choose between Jack and another person and that the one she doesn't pick will be killed and she chooses Jack? Did you have something else in mind?

An interesting twist could be if the other person is actually another teammate.

Kanetsidohi
November 12th, 2007, 01:46 PM
When you say "deliberately", what do you mean exactly?

Is it a case of a split-second decision and she instinctively dives to save Jack instead of the other person, or is it more along the lines of a "Sophie's Choise" deal; the bad guy tells Sam she has to choose between Jack and another person and that the one she doesn't pick will be killed and she chooses Jack? Did you have something else in mind?

An interesting twist could be if the other person is actually another teammate.

I've been thinking about this for a while because I used to tease a shipper friend with my ideas called "101 Ways to Hurt Carter." But I think this idea is beyond ship and more in the character study area.

Let me see if I can explain it properly.

I mean deliberated in the sense that it won't be a split-second decision. Maybe they know for hours about some explosive device, Jack goes to trigger it but while in route, Sam jammed the jumper (or whatever) and other person/team has to go instead.

At first I thought about Carter choosing herself to do some dangerous task that it's known suicidal. For the casual looker it may seems that giving her own life she's being heroic, when in fact she's being selfish, she rather die than let Jack die. But this has been done (in SGA at least) and done really well with heart tearing sadness.

Then, some of the evilness in other stories made me wonder, what if Sam saves Jack's life by sacrificing someone else? Can she get away with it? Can she lives with herself knowing what she did? It is possible that she doesn't feel remorse at all? Maybe she feels that she has sacrificed enough already.

A teammate was my first option as well. It has to be someone loved by everybody and liked by Sam. I thought killing Sheppard. It'd be like "Shophie's Choise" because it has to be a difficult decision but, in this case, Sam doesn't deceive herself. She always knew she'll choose Jack.

I also wonders, I don't know why but I'm sure Teal'c would approve so, what Daniel'd do? Accuse and comdemn Sam (even if in private) or despair because in her position he may have done the same? or thanking some higher power because he wasn't the one forced to choose?

I hope it's clear enough.

Crazy Tom
November 20th, 2007, 03:32 PM
i don't know if it's been brought up9roo lazy to search) but would anyone want to wright a fic for that wraith cruiser they found buried in silt on Lantea?
i think it would be really cool, the closest weve ever come to camanding an enemy wardhip was a hat'ack and those were flying rustbuckets.

Emmauk26
December 6th, 2007, 04:58 AM
Ok so i have some ideas for a story maybe but don't really have the time to write it as i'm putting the finishing touches to my very first fic, but the idea for another story keeps coming to me, ok here goes not a hunderd percent sure how this would work out yet but it could be set after Sam meets Pete but before Death Knell, they go on a mission that goes wrong and they barley make it back, something bad could happen to Jack, something serious but nothing to major, Sam could be there when it happens, she trys to stop it or help him but can't and feels imense guilt over not being able to save him and stop what happens to him, they get him back to the sgc through Sams determination not to let him die there, and she stays by his side in the infermary untill Janet orders her home, Sam could protest untill janet gets a call from hammond saying that pete is on the surace demaning to see sam, and know if shes ok coz they were due back days before, sam would then reluctently leave jack to go take pete home coz hammods pissed and threating to throw him in a holding cell, she doesn't talk to him on the way home when he asks her what happend and why she did't come home she doesn't answer him, he could maybe get pissed and ask her if it was because of jack and she would deny it. then maybe make it 2 weeks later you do do something in between but not sure what yet, jacks made a full recovery and their back to work, but sams not sleeping well she keeps having nightmares and calling out colonel or sir in the night, waking up crying and shaking, pete could try to comfort her concernd that shes having such deams and that shes waking up in such states and they seem to be getting worse but hes not to impressed that shes calling out for her co, everynight, things could kinda go on from there not sure how maybe put some tension between sam and pete coz she wont talk to him aout it. then work up to the epp Death Knell when sams getting hunted by the super solider and jacks loosing it coz he doesn't know if shes alive or not follow the lead of the epp as it happens then carry on after it to sam waking up to jack when shes in the infermary, hammond could call pete so that he knows why shes going to back back home late so that they dont have a repet of when jack was hurt, then sam could be given some medical leave, dont know how long, but when pete calls her so that he can see if he can come round she fobs him off and gives him excusess so that she dosn't have to see him, it could be a few days after they get her home and jacks stoming round the sgc, like a bear with a sore head and yelling at pepole for the slightest things and scaring the hell out of the younger recruits etc, daniel or teal'c could go talk to him knowing whats up with him and tell him to go see sam, and make sure shes ok, he could be get anyoed say say that shes got pete to take care of her, but they finaly talk him into going to see her and see how she is, they could maybe hint that he should tell her who he feels and how she acted the same way when he was hurt, he could then go round to see her and they start to talk about stuff, then pete could turn up with a big bunch of flowers maybe, he knoks but their so focoused on each other and their conversation that they dont hear it, so he lets himself in, when he sees them sitting in the living room together he stands in the doorway wondering way she never answerd the door to him, he could quitely watch them, seeing that they were completly engrosed in thir conversation he wondered what they could be talking about that had their attention so fully, erm back to jack and sam they havnt noticed that pete is stood in the doorway, jack looks at the floor then up at sam then stands and walks over to her stitting on the table he grabs her hands and looks into her eyes, and says (with tears in his eyes maybe and a shaky voice) that when he gated to the planet and saw that the base's self destruct had gone off and that a super solider had survived that he was so scared at the tought that he had lost her without having told her how he really felt that he couldn't breath. then he could tell sam that he loves her and that hes always loved her and he always would, then maybe you could have pete starting to get a little ancuses (sp) and worring how sam would react to this confesion, maybe he could of suspected that she cared for him more than she should, then maybe go back to sam whos staring into jacks eyes still holding his hands and maybe either smiling or having tears welling i don't know confess how she feels, then maybe they jack could lean in and give her one of those amazing passionete kisses that he does so well, now i'm not sure how to have pete react to this obviously hes not going to be happy and after the kiss he could make his presants know how i dont know that would be up to you, how he reacts would also be up to you, you could do a bit on whats happens after that the fallout etc of what happened, but id like it to have a happy ending for our fav couple jack and sam. Ok thats all the ideas i have at the moment if no one wants to take up this plot idea then i might write it but then that depends on what you guys think of it. If you do want to take the idea just let me know please and when your done send me the link so that i can read it. Thanks, this is my first ever plot bunnie so im a bit nervous of what you'll think of it. :S so waiting nevously for your thoughts, if you don't like it please be kind. :) and sorry for the long post.

Emmauk26
December 8th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Hey what about a story where Janet, Sam, and a few other of the female staff at the sgc get together for an Annsummers party that would be quiet an interesting fic you could get quite raunchy with it i suppose if you wanted to, maybe have them get a little drunk, and a few of the woman letting slip that they have fantasys about the guys at the sgc Sam about Jack, janet about either daniel or teal'c iv'e read really good storys where shes liked one or the other and theyv'e been really good. It would be really good if you had some really intense flirting between at least jack and sam, and maybe janet and ?, and i would like if they got together in the end also maybe they could tease the men about what went on at the party and what they bought, etc, maybe jack and teal'c could get daniel to do some research to find out just what exactly goes on at an annsummers party as the woman are being so secretive about it, and just start to giggle when they ask them. maybe jack and sam could start a relationship in secret. I'll let you know if i think of any more for it, if you want to use this idea just let me know and send me the link to it please.

IlluZen
January 16th, 2008, 06:57 AM
Ok so i have some ideas for a story maybe but don't really have the time to write it as i'm putting the finishing touches to my very first fic, but the idea for another story keeps coming to me, ok here goes not a hunderd percent sure how this would work out yet but it could be set after Sam meets Pete but before Death Knell, they go on a mission that goes wrong and they barley make it back, something bad could happen to Jack, something serious but nothing to major, Sam could be there when it happens, she trys to stop it or help him but can't and feels imense guilt over not being able to save him and stop what happens to him, they get him back to the sgc through Sams determination not to let him die there, and she stays by his side in the infermary untill Janet orders her home, Sam could protest untill janet gets a call from hammond saying that pete is on the surace demaning to see sam, and know if shes ok coz they were due back days before, sam would then reluctently leave jack to go take pete home coz hammods pissed and threating to throw him in a holding cell, she doesn't talk to him on the way home when he asks her what happend and why she did't come home she doesn't answer him, he could maybe get pissed and ask her if it was because of jack and she would deny it. then maybe make it 2 weeks later you do do something in between but not sure what yet, jacks made a full recovery and their back to work, but sams not sleeping well she keeps having nightmares and calling out colonel or sir in the night, waking up crying and shaking, pete could try to comfort her concernd that shes having such deams and that shes waking up in such states and they seem to be getting worse but hes not to impressed that shes calling out for her co, everynight, things could kinda go on from there not sure how maybe put some tension between sam and pete coz she wont talk to him aout it. then work up to the epp Death Knell when sams getting hunted by the super solider and jacks loosing it coz he doesn't know if shes alive or not follow the lead of the epp as it happens then carry on after it to sam waking up to jack when shes in the infermary, hammond could call pete so that he knows why shes going to back back home late so that they dont have a repet of when jack was hurt, then sam could be given some medical leave, dont know how long, but when pete calls her so that he can see if he can come round she fobs him off and gives him excusess so that she dosn't have to see him, it could be a few days after they get her home and jacks stoming round the sgc, like a bear with a sore head and yelling at pepole for the slightest things and scaring the hell out of the younger recruits etc, daniel or teal'c could go talk to him knowing whats up with him and tell him to go see sam, and make sure shes ok, he could be get anyoed say say that shes got pete to take care of her, but they finaly talk him into going to see her and see how she is, they could maybe hint that he should tell her who he feels and how she acted the same way when he was hurt, he could then go round to see her and they start to talk about stuff, then pete could turn up with a big bunch of flowers maybe, he knoks but their so focoused on each other and their conversation that they dont hear it, so he lets himself in, when he sees them sitting in the living room together he stands in the doorway wondering way she never answerd the door to him, he could quitely watch them, seeing that they were completly engrosed in thir conversation he wondered what they could be talking about that had their attention so fully, erm back to jack and sam they havnt noticed that pete is stood in the doorway, jack looks at the floor then up at sam then stands and walks over to her stitting on the table he grabs her hands and looks into her eyes, and says (with tears in his eyes maybe and a shaky voice) that when he gated to the planet and saw that the base's self destruct had gone off and that a super solider had survived that he was so scared at the tought that he had lost her without having told her how he really felt that he couldn't breath. then he could tell sam that he loves her and that hes always loved her and he always would, then maybe you could have pete starting to get a little ancuses (sp) and worring how sam would react to this confesion, maybe he could of suspected that she cared for him more than she should, then maybe go back to sam whos staring into jacks eyes still holding his hands and maybe either smiling or having tears welling i don't know confess how she feels, then maybe they jack could lean in and give her one of those amazing passionete kisses that he does so well, now i'm not sure how to have pete react to this obviously hes not going to be happy and after the kiss he could make his presants know how i dont know that would be up to you, how he reacts would also be up to you, you could do a bit on whats happens after that the fallout etc of what happened, but id like it to have a happy ending for our fav couple jack and sam. Ok thats all the ideas i have at the moment if no one wants to take up this plot idea then i might write it but then that depends on what you guys think of it. If you do want to take the idea just let me know please and when your done send me the link so that i can read it. Thanks, this is my first ever plot bunnie so im a bit nervous of what you'll think of it. :S so waiting nevously for your thoughts, if you don't like it please be kind. :) and sorry for the long post.

You and the enter key aren't on speaking terms, are you? :P

I was looking at some of the older posts, and it seems a lot of them for SGA have been done already in the show. Like Ford running away, and the wraith using tracking devices.

Anyways, here's an SGA idea: what if Ford starts working with the Wraith in exchange for more of the enzyme? He won't give up the location of Earth (out of a sense of loyalty), but he'll do other things, like give them the location of hidden human settlements (possibly ones the Atlanteans helped relocate, or were past Alpha Site candidates), or the underground Genii bunker.

But then he gets really drug hungry (or the wraith figure out he's Atlantean) and accidently lets Earth's address slip and now he's on a hive ship that's gearing up to attack Earth, and he doesn't know how to contact Atlantis (since it moved), but he needs to tell them (even though that means he has to face all his past mistakes and sins). And there's a part of him that just doesn't care about them anymore, since he's been on his own for years now and after everything that's happened he still doesn't want to give up the enzyme. What choice does he make?

Dutch_Razor
January 21st, 2008, 08:04 AM
How about this plot bunny? Btw do any of them actually get adopted at all? :P

Feel free to adapt my plot bunnies rigorously, and you should prolly skip the S/J in cabin - thunder analogy it's a bit weird :P

The election,

Well I had two ideas for this one, a not crazy and a crazy version:

Non crazy
1 Daniel is in his lab, the television is on while he's working and suddenly he sees a familiar face at the presidential candidacies... someone who looks very much like Ba'al! He rushes to the general (Hammond, Landry, Jack, whatever the timeframe), and it turns out the CIA's counter-goa'uld division wasn't consulted in the presidential election screenings.

Obviously something has to be done, but Ba'al has taken the identy of a lookalike and thus has a perfect record and history, the slightest error in dicrediting him could lead to politcal disaster.

Crazy
2 Sam is asleep in Jack's cabin, Jack is cooking downstairs. A thunder sounds, the flash remins Sam of a transporter. A second flash is seen , but this one much more prolonged. A stun grenade has been beamed into the room!
Jack sees a 3rd flash (actually the stun grenade!) and suddenly Thor beams down behind Jack. "the plan has worked O'neill , but there is something else..."

*insert Ba'al goes president*, maybe something with Iraq, terrorists being funded by Ba'al, and stuff.

Will the truth about the Stargate be revealed? Will Ba'al be discredited? Will he be assasinated? What is "the plan"? Adopt this plot bunny, two for the price of one! :P
Actually I planned the assasination to be done mini-Jack when Ba'al visits his school, but theres too many possible plotholes with it and it might be construed as offensive in light to recent shootings

ykickamoocow
February 21st, 2008, 06:56 PM
In the season 4 episode "Trio" what would have happened if there was no rope for them (McKay, Keller and Carter) to find and they had to do as McKay suggested of stripping down to their underwear to make a rope out of their cloths?

dboy-2007
February 23rd, 2008, 08:51 AM
i don't know if it's been brought up9roo lazy to search) but would anyone want to wright a fic for that wraith cruiser they found buried in silt on Lantea?
i think it would be really cool, the closest weve ever come to camanding an enemy wardhip was a hat'ack and those were flying rustbuckets.

I'm all your's lol =D

Crazy Tom
February 23rd, 2008, 09:54 AM
I'm all your's lol =D

Well...it wn't fly, but it's used as a base.

http://stargatevs.proboards104.com/index.cgi

Spekign of which, does anyone know where i can get a transcipt of any of the POC movies, been planing to make a stargate vesion:D

ShadowMaat
March 2nd, 2008, 07:43 PM
Here's a plot bunny for someone. Puts a different (and IMO nicer) spin on certain events in S4.

Teyla is pregnant via Kanaan, but it turns out something is wrong with the fetus, the likely cause being the fact that both parents have Wraithy genes. If a cure isn't found, the baby could die. A hunt ensues and all signs point toward a very unlikely source for the answer: Ford. First, though, the team will have to find him... and convince him to help.

hedwig
June 24th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I'm wondering if anybody has written a story about how the Edoran refugees spent their 100 days on earth. It could be an interesting story, in that I doubt they were allowed out of the SGC, and they had to be housed somewhere. They must have had quite a hard time if they had to stay indoors the whole time, in a completely unfamiliar setting, not being able to live the kind of lives they had always led. And they had to have interacted with the SGC staff during their stay - including (likely) Sam and Janet, as well as possibly Daniel and Teal'c. Just wondering ...

Maybe someone would be interested in writing a story about this, or if someone already has, maybe supply a link to that story?

hedwig
June 24th, 2008, 12:04 PM

That would be really tacky if they did and used it for the show! :(

hedwig
June 24th, 2008, 12:19 PM
Ok so i have some ideas for a story maybe but don't really have the time to write it as i'm putting the finishing touches to my very first fic, but the idea for another story keeps coming to me, ok here goes not a hunderd percent sure how this would work out yet but it could be set after Sam meets Pete but before Death Knell, they go on a mission that goes wrong and they barley make it back, something bad could happen to Jack, something serious but nothing to major, Sam could be there when it happens, she trys to stop it or help him but can't and feels imense guilt over not being able to save him and stop what happens to him, they get him back to the sgc through Sams determination not to let him die there, and she stays by his side in the infermary untill Janet orders her home, ...... Thanks, this is my first ever plot bunnie so im a bit nervous of what you'll think of it. :S so waiting nevously for your thoughts, if you don't like it please be kind. :) and sorry for the long post.

Well, no offense, but it would have been much easier to read if you had used a spell checker and ended sentences properly instead of running several thoughts into one long sentence. It got very confusing. Not trying to be insulting, and I know it's a suggestion/summary, but just a suggestion for describing future plot bunnies? :)

Mousie
July 1st, 2008, 10:20 PM
Ok so i have some ideas for a story maybe but don't really have the time to write it as i'm putting the finishing touches to my very first fic, but the idea for another story keeps coming to me, ok here goes not a hunderd percent sure how this would work out yet but it could be set after Sam meets Pete but before Death Knell, they go on a mission that goes wrong and they barley make it back, something bad could happen to Jack, something serious but nothing to major, Sam could be there when it happens, she trys to stop it or help him but can't and feels imense guilt over not being able to save him and stop what happens to him, they get him back to the sgc through Sams determination not to let him die there, and she stays by his side in the infermary untill Janet orders her home

If it's something serious, how can it not be major, and if it's not major why would he be at risk of dying.

If I may offer some additional advice, as others have said you really need to puctuate your posts and have some paragraphs. No one will read them properly if you leave them like that as they are almost incomprehensible in there current format.

phoenix of atlantis
October 1st, 2008, 04:48 PM
Not actually a reply, but if anybody is looking to adopt some story ideas, i'll be happy to donate!!!!!:daniel:

Ksya
October 11th, 2008, 03:36 PM
OK, how about this, a teenager from a strange race the SG Atlatis team came across on another planet that has been almost wholely killed of by some mysterious cause. (Like Cassandra) and she seems so innocent and helpless at the time they take her back through the Stargate with them. As they try to find another planet for her to go to, she is annoying the CRAP out of everyone with her teenagerness. She always is hanging around and seems to be annoying everyone, especially Rodney. She hangs around his lab asking what he is doing 20 times a minute.

But she also takes liking for John, and he cant seem to be able to shake her. very obvious liking. The only one who can stand to put up with her is Ronon. She gives him advice and he has someone to talk to.

When they find another place for her to go to they almost have to shove her through the gate. As soon as she is gone they discover that she had taken an imporatant chip for their most important peice of equipment, the one that controlls the gate. After traveling by ship all the way to the planet, they find that she is very happy in her new home but in exchange for the chip, she demands to marry John.

After much persuasion the team forces him to go through with it. At the very end though, John breaks hold of the girl's grip and returnes home, happy to be getting away from her.

OK, it has really nothing to do with science or important races, but it would make for a funny episode! I would call it, "Ice Queen"

Fandom Addict
November 2nd, 2008, 12:35 PM
I can't remember what I was doing when I came up with this plot bunny, but here it is if anyone wishes to adopt it. It sort of reminds me when the Native Americans were first introduced to illnesses brought from Europe.

A team from Atlantis goes through the gate to trade with the natives. One member of the team has an early sign of a cold. The natives are primitive, and have no effective method of medication. This strain of cold is unknown to them. The cold is an Earth ill, from a new contingent of members from Earth. The village soon succumbs to it, and it mutates with the cold of this planet, turning deadly. Many of the village die. People running from the illness soon meet up and spread the disease to other villages, killing many more.

When the team goes back there to finalise the trade agreement, they find most of the villages wiped out. Those that are left refuse to trade or even let them near the village, calling them plague carriers. In the end, the expedition has killed nearly 2/3s of the population of that planet with the common cold.

Once this has been identified as the reason for the deaths, and not something else that is natural to that planet, the leader of Atlantis insists on medical examinations prior to off-world teams going through the gate, especially those that have just come through from earth, or even a quarantine when they first come through.

It would be a bit like a character study, only a more... planet-wide what-if study thing...

Ksya
November 16th, 2008, 09:48 AM
okay phoenix, what have you got?

GateFanSamJack
January 6th, 2009, 11:23 AM
In season 10's episode, The Pegasus Project, there is potential for a missing scene to explain why Teal'C got stuck with staying in the Milky Way to monitor the experiment while the rest of the team (even Vala) got to go to Atlantis.

Iawen
January 8th, 2009, 08:42 PM
This has probably been done, but what if Jonas didn't leave when Daniel came back? How would that have gone for SG-1?

Automission
January 12th, 2009, 02:38 PM
My plot bunny consists of the SGC constructing their own Supergate, for quick travel between Pegasus and Milky Way.

That's all I've got. Can't think how to flesh it out so something exciting and unexpected happens. I don't think I've got this writing thing down. :(

Madwitch58
February 8th, 2009, 06:10 AM
I have a plot bunny.
Sheppard, Kolya, and a Wraith are traped on a world togather and much relay on each other to live. The twist, they can now read each other minds.

Automission
February 8th, 2009, 02:27 PM
I have a plot bunny.
Sheppard, Kolya, and a Wraith are traped on a world togather and much relay on each other to live. The twist, they can now read each other minds.

Wraith eats both to live, contacts other wraith, goes home. :p

Madwitch58
February 17th, 2009, 03:07 AM
This can be a silly fic or ever how you plan to do it.
Shepperd takes Rodney, Teyla, and Ronon on a camping/fishing trip on Earth.A skunl, a baer and posion ivy would be a plus

Draygon
February 20th, 2009, 02:24 AM
I have a plot bunny that I may/may not be using.

It involves Keller, Bolaki (spelling?) and a wraith toddler...

TragicComedy
February 23rd, 2009, 11:39 AM
I have a crazy plot bunny for anyone who wants to use it. Sometimes when I'm looking for plot bunnies for myself I research unexplained events that have happened on Earth. Here's one I found:

"Gil Perez was a Spanish soldier who suddenly appeared in Mexico City on October 26, 1593. He was wearing the uniform of the guards of the Del Gobernador Palace in the Philippines. He claimed to have no idea how he had managed to appear in Mexico. He stated that moments before finding himself there, he had been on sentry duty in Manila at the governor’s Palace. He told them that the governor (Don Gómez Pérez Dasmariñas) had just been assassinated.
Two months later, news arrived from the Philippines by ship. They carried news that confirmed that the governor had been killed and they verified other aspects of Perez’s story. Witnesses confirmed that Perez had indeed been on duty in Manila just before arriving in Mexico. In addition, one of the passengers on the ship recognized Perez and swore that he had seen him in the Philippines on October 23. Perez eventually returned to the Philippines and resumed his life - which was uneventful until his death."

To make it Stargate-worthy, someone could make this to where it was Ancient (or whoever) technology that caused this. Daniel (or again, whoever you want) could look into this story and want to check out its authenticy for himself. Events can unfold from there however you wish.

It would be interesting to see the technology be Furling simply because they are so unknown and it would allow complete freedom in how it works - not to mention we already know Furlings are known for transporter technology from the Maybourne episode.

Anyway, if this floats anyones boat and they decide to use it, feel free but I'd love to read it so let me know! :)

TragicComedy
February 27th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Thought of another one for SGA.

I'm not positive but doesn't John have a guitar in his room? I found this Johnny Cash song called Remember Me (I'm The One Who Loves You) that is really beautiful.

The scene is this:

John (and 'ship of your choice) have just had a baby together. He thinks he's alone with the baby and sings this song to her/him when all the while (partner of your choice) is watching the entire time.

Cute, right? If someone does write a fic with this, PM me or something. I'd love to read it!

TragicComedy
March 2nd, 2009, 08:02 AM
For reasons you'll have to make up because I couldn't think of anything, Ronon is without his team on a world and comes across a small Wraith child. He can't get back to Atlantis and is basically on the run. For reasons he's not even sure of, he protects the child.

I think it'd be cool to see a story of Ronon having a conflict of conscious when it comes to the Wraith. He's always been very "let's just kill them" with no exceptions and I'd like to have him forced to reconsider because of his experiences with this child.

PM me if you take this story on! I'd love to read it.

Madwitch58
March 8th, 2009, 07:17 AM
I thought this one up at work. Rodney makes a bet with Shepperd not to lost his temper or yell at any one for a whole week. Can Rodney do it or will he blow?

Jper
March 8th, 2009, 05:00 PM
What would they be betting for/about?

Teal'c_PI
March 8th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I thought this one up at work. Rodney makes a bet with Shepperd not to lost his temper or yell at any one for a whole week. Can Rodney do it or will he blow?

If you don't mind me switching things up a little, what if Rodney's infected with something that weakens his blood vessels? If he even begins to get angry his heart must beat faster, which would make the blood vessels burst and kill him. So maybe it's not a bet but an absolute must--Rodney has to be calm until a cure is found or else he's dead. (And we all know how Rodney feels about dying. See Hide and Seek for details.)

TragicComedy
March 8th, 2009, 06:59 PM
If you don't mind me switching things up a little, what if Rodney's infected with something that weakens his blood vessels? If he even begins to get angry his heart must beat faster, which would make the blood vessels burst and kill him. So maybe it's not a bet but an absolute must--Rodney has to be calm until a cure is found or else he's dead. (And we all know how Rodney feels about dying. See Hide and Seek for details.)

Or even more "let's make Rodney's life miserable" story ideas, what if something happened to McKay that made it to where he was unable to talk, even if only temporarily. Can you imagine McKay not being able to mouth off? I can just see him getting red-faced in his frustration.

x Varda x
March 9th, 2009, 11:13 AM

I *love* making Rodney's life a misery! I might snurch this one if you don't mind :) Don't know when I'll write it, but I'll certainly think about it :D

Teal'c_PI
March 9th, 2009, 11:15 AM
I *love* making Rodney's life a misery! I might snurch this one if you don't mind :) Don't know when I'll write it, but I'll certainly think about it :D

If no one minds, I think I'll take the 'Rodney will die if he gets mad' idea (I guess it's technically mine, but Madwitch58 had the idea...) and make it into a Season 7 episode. Thanks for the inspiration! :indeed:

TragicComedy
March 11th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Plot bunny time.
Rodney and co are exploring one of the taller buildings on Atlantis, and they find out that it is in fact a new form of Battleship, but stood upright for construction, much like a Rocket ship.
All I've got so far, feel free to use it!

That's an awesome idea! I hope someone writes that.

Crazy Tom
July 6th, 2009, 02:55 PM
I've had this idea knocking around in my head so figured I'd post and see what you guys think. I started to think about this after season 1 and have had it on my mind ever since.

How many stargates do you think there are, and over how many planets and galaxies? I guess what im trying to get at is how do you build and deploy a network of startgates across the universe?

I had this idea for a floating stargate factory. So the factory builds and deploys the gates, while at the same time collecting raw materials from the planets it visits.

Of course the ship would need to defend itself, but I dont think it would be able to attack. More over I believe that is would use some kind of "cloaking" device in order to hide itself.

On board would be the build room, the test room, the control tower and of course the Gate Station. The last one being a collection of star gates so that the Alterans could gate onto the factory from any galaxy and then gate away to any other galaxy if they so choose to do so?

Like I said, an idea.

Alf

They pay the writers way too much when the fans could do an equally good job, this guy more or less just predicted the whole SGU premise.:P

absolutdc2001
July 16th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Jack on the ship in Unending.

Aragon101/Loneranger-1
August 25th, 2009, 05:49 PM

There are SOOO many of these it's not even funny. All i have to say is dontcha wonder why TPTB didn't do that in the first place?

-----------------------------

I have two plot bunnies which i'm probably not going to write anytime soon. (might eventually if i can storyboard something cool)

#1 would be mid/late Season 9 or even Season 10 (After Ba'al has left Earth) and deals with PMCs. Basically Ba'al hired a couple of human mercenaries for 2 reasons, 1, they work for money instead of honor or slavery like the Jaffa or the human slaves he had. 2, he injects some Ba'al symbiotes into teh toughest ones to keep surviving with all the combat knowledge of those mercs.

Here are some scenes i had in my head that could make it into this one. Don't read if you want yours to be totally original

1: SG1 are done exploring a planet and right as they're heading into the gate to the SGC, one of the mercs uses an Earth Built Sniper rifle to pick one of them off (I was thinking Sam) The shot goes a little south and instead of killing her, her vest absorbs most of teh shock but it knocks teh hell out of her (broken clavicle, massive bruising) so on the ramp to the gate in the SGC, Sam's on the floor groaning in pain from the surprise attack. Up to you whether the bullet penetrates or not. i would have it penetrate but mostly absorbed by their new armor.

2: A forensic scientist showing SG1 and Landry the bullet and stating that it had to come from Earth. mention specific caliber, type of gunpowder, yadda yadda. I was thinking an M-25 Sniper rifle liek teh one the Marines use.

3: A Teal'c PI moment with the Jaffa intimidating some PMC secretary to find out who Ba'al's hired.

4: SGC Strike Team VS Urban Guerilla Mercs. I'm envisioning a really tough battle where each side has it's advantages adn disadvantages (SGC has lifesigns detectors, advanced weaponry, better armor. Wheras the Mercs have great experience with urban combat, some Goa'uld tech for the Ba'al infested, traps and whatnot)

5: A few of the Mercs get hired by the SGC for teh war against the Ori as they now have experience hiding out off-world.

My other plot bunny is a Sarah Gardner/Daniel story where he's almost giving her therapy for her time as Osiris. To add a time delay crisis, have one of the SG teams or even a member of SG1 get trapped by somethign only Osiris knows how to stop, and Sarah has to help save them while dealing with teh violation. I'm imagining very angsty, and at least give her a good reason to never appear in the series again.

Oh and please. No Sam/Jack ship in either. in fact, no ship whatsoever... (alright you can hint at it but if it has blatant Sam/Jack i'm either skipping that chapter or if it's interspersed all over, not reading)

absolutdc2001
September 23rd, 2009, 10:38 AM
There are SOOO many of these it's not even funny.

Really? Any recs? Because I can never find any. A couple of WIP's is all I've come across.

YutheGreat
September 23rd, 2009, 04:02 PM
This came to me in a dream last night I know it will sound weird.

As you know the Jaffa were kept ignorant by the Goauld. Now that they are gone the Jaffa inherited their tech. They know how to use them but they do not understand them or know how to build them. The modernists have come to a solution send the Jaffa to school. They run an exchange program to send Jaffa teenager to earth University or High school.

In the school the Jaffa deal will have to deal with more than just the dreaded Math but a series of plots because Goauld have infiltrated the school to enslave the future of the Tauri or are hiding out from the NID.

YutheGreat
September 23rd, 2009, 04:06 PM

I agree with this completely. General Landy should have been replaced with O'neil. O'neil is legendary among the asgards I had hoped they would have been able to say their good byes. It also give the Sam and Jack relationship one last hurrah!

RodneyIsGodney
September 25th, 2009, 11:15 AM
First off, love this thread! Such good ideas you peoples have!

Secondly...

In the season 4 episode "Trio" what would have happened if there was no rope for them (McKay, Keller and Carter) to find and they had to do as McKay suggested of stripping down to their underwear to make a rope out of their cloths?
Heh, started this one... dunno if/when it will get finished.:o

Thirdly...

I'm not positive but doesn't John have a guitar in his room? I found this Johnny Cash song called Remember Me (I'm The One Who Loves You) that is really beautiful.

The scene is this:

John (and 'ship of your choice) have just had a baby together. He thinks he's alone with the baby and sings this song to her/him when all the while (partner of your choice) is watching the entire time.

Cute, right? If someone does write a fic with this, PM me or something. I'd love to read it!
Even tho I'm not a Shep fan/thunker I would certainly read this if it were a fic.:D I love this sort of thing.:)

Fourthly... One of my plot bunnies, I have (quite) a few. This one could go any number of ways. Basically, Rodney has a child(preferably a daughter) that he has never mentioned before, for whatever reason; or he doesn't know she exists. Her age can be up to you, but I prefer her to be young-ish. Maybe preteen... or younger.

#1)
She could be living with whom ever, someone from Rodney's past; her mother? Something happens to his child and he gets recalled back to Earth to be with her, to help her. To save her. If she's sick he brings her back to Atlantis because the only cure for what(ever) ails her lies in the Pegasus Galaxy.

#2)
She is living with her mother. Her mother dies leaving her alone. Her mother's lawyer has been instructed, in the event of her death, to find Rodney and notify him of her death...maybe give him a letter that she wrote to him. Rodney leaves Atlantis to be with his daughter, perhaps stay with her.
I'm not sure about these now that I've jotted them down.:o Ignore 'em.

I've always loved the idea of a male character on a tv show finding out he has a child he never knew about. Magnum P.I. for instance. He met this little girl and discovered she was his daughter. I would love to see this happen to Rodney.:D

Then there is this line that I've had in my head for what seems like a year(but not really).

It goes something like this: Well, you didn't leave a daughter behind when you came here, did you? ...Rodney would inadvertently let this slip out during a conversation with Sheppard. It would go a long way in explaining why he is the way he is(i.e. cranky, arrogant, snarky...), and why he seems to hate kids. Because he's missing his own kid.

Okay, that's it.

Aragon101/Loneranger-1
September 25th, 2009, 11:32 AM

The scene is this:

Hmmm... i might have to pop that one into a fic of mine one of these days.

I do have a little fluffy scene in one fic that is sorta like this. (though the whole fic has little to do with the kid and he's not singing)

Warped Mirror: John and Rodney are sent to an Alternate Reality and have to find their way home, but this reality is dark, and a single change in the past gives a completely different future. (Dark!Fic)

Here's teh specific scene though, if the story's not your flavor then you can just read the single scene here, (About halfway down) http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5014856/12/Warped_Mirror

Cheyenne Grace
October 27th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Hiya all!

I'm new to this site, but have had a wonderful time reading all the bunnies posted here. :jack_new_anime07:

I've have a few of my own - some of which are actually being written!

Daniel and Sam actually are related. Sam's brother Mark is only her half-brother; Jacob's son from a previous marriage (divorced or deceased, you choose).

Sam's mother also had a child previously (whether willingly, an accident, or unwillingly), but, for whatever reason, gave him up for adoption.

The plot line would, naturally, center on the team discovering this connection. Teal'c could make a reference to Star Wars - Luke and Leia! Which leaves Jack to be Han... and get the girl!

Jon O'Neill (Jack's clone) goes off to high school. What if, at this high school, he makes some new friends? Like Jake, Marco, Cassie and Rachel? Perhaps he finds an interesting piece of technology in an abandoned construction site... like a blue cube with intriguing powers. Crossover with Animorphs. (I would love to read this one! I may even write it someday, but I know that there can be a lot of problems with crossovers.)

"Whoa! Daniel! Chill! You're talking in chipmunk and I can only listen in human! :jack_new_anime25:

bradly08
November 3rd, 2009, 09:34 AM
Heres one I thought of recently and wouldn't mind using it myself:

It follows Britians first 304, HMS Ark Royal on its campain agains the wraith as part of a Battlegroup made up of other 304's and modified 303's. The Ark Royal is slightly different to other 304's in that it is bulkier and the hangars are closer the the main body than in other 304's. The Wraith have improved their ships and can now hold up pretty well against the Humanities ships but they have been reduced in numbers and so have banded together and are travelling in wolf-packs.

So what do you guys think?

Cheyenne Grace
November 4th, 2009, 02:42 PM
Oh, another stray bunny....

AU - What if an alternate SG-1 comes through - with two Sam's? Turns out in that galaxy, Sam has an identical twin. I think of her twin as Amanda (in homage, of course).

Turricsirraby
December 2nd, 2009, 05:01 AM
Here is an idea for a FanFiction:

Challenge #6: "Parental Rights"
Taking place sometime shortly after Tony & Angela adopt Billy in Season 7, this FanFic would revolve around Angela, who feels that she doesnt have enough of a say, when it comes to Billy, so she tries to find a way to approach Tony about this.

Aragon101
December 3rd, 2009, 05:47 AM
Here's a crazy idea that just came into my head. Shockingly it fits beautifully :P

Jack O'Neill.. and Nancy Sheppard :sheppard33:

the concept just boggles my mind :|

Mr._Pointy
January 12th, 2010, 10:42 PM
I once came up with a variation of the "Ancient Flavored Orici" idea that's kind of floating around FF.net. The story was that the Ancients create their own version of the Orici. Only instead of impregnating a human woman, they resurrect a person who died during from the Prior Plague because the Ori Followers find the of an undead monstrosity running around with all the powers of the Orici freaking terrifying.

Or a story where Adria is converted from Origin...by the POWER OF ROCK!

Cheyenne Grace
January 27th, 2010, 02:58 PM
I have one idea for an sg-1 fic which I'd be interested to see what someone could do with it. I do reserve the right to do my own version eventually if I want, but the probability of that ain't very high ;)

Anyway, the idea is basically for a new Goa'uld: Tezcatlipoca, the Aztec God of the Smoking Mirror. He was a god of war, beauty, and temptations who was the archenemy of Quetzalcoatl (the Giant Alien we met in "Crystal Skull").

Some interesting possibilities the story could touch on:

- Explain the giant aliens
- Return of Nick Jackson
- Return of Zipacna ("Pretense") who is also from central american mythology
- The Smoking Mirror technology; Tezcatlipoca is called the god of the smoking mirror because of an obsidian mirror he wore on his chest in which he could see all the thoughts and deeds of men
- The lesser evil concept; Tezcatlipoca was really harsh in lots of ways, but he was also sometimes considered a champion of righteousness. He was said to punish wrongdoing (although, often he tempted the person into doing the wrong to begin with) and he rewarded goodness with riches and prosperity. He was also called the protector of slaves and masters who mistreated "Tezcatlipoca's beloved children" were severely punished.
- The Jaguar Guards; a fun chance for a new Jaffa culture with a different dynamic
- The truce idea; In legend, Tezcatlipoca ruled over the First World until it was destroyed by Quetzalcoatl. Then Quetzalcoatl ruled over the second world until Tezcatlipoca returned and destroyed it. After two others got a shot, Tezcatlipoca and Quetzalcoatl decided to work together to restore creation.

You know, there's a novel out there - City of the Gods, published by Fandemonium - that covers a lot of this ground. We also get to see Daniel's grandfather Nick again... and there's something about the Furlings...

Valerie_Jackson
February 27th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Hey!
I have a plot bunny that I started on last Thanksgiving and it's gone nowhere!
Here it is:

It was late. Jack had been in the flower shop for hours.
No matter how hard he tried he couldn't, just couldn't find a gift for Sam.
Ah Sam... his Sam, the Sam that was in bed -not knowing he sneaked off to go shopping- still asleep.
It was then one of the employees spoke to him.
"Uh, sir. We close in 5 minutes." he said. He looked like he wasn't even 18.
Jack turned, "What? Oh, OK." This would make finding a gift that much harder. Then the employee started to look through the older flowers, Probably to throw them out Jack thought.
"Um, could I see those?" He asked when he got closer.
"I don't think you want any of these. There pretty old."
Jack looked at the colors. "They're perfect!"
"OK." He gave Jack the flowers...

Not my best work as it was when I first started writing. Bunny free to a good home.
And if you do write it, please pm me the link, I would love to read it. :D:D:D

Aragon101
March 1st, 2010, 06:02 PM
Rather odd plot bunny, but i've been watching TNG over again with my dad (in spanish no less) and we just finished watching "Conspiracy" in the first season. If you know the episode, parasitical larva take over a host and control them. There's even a "Queen" that can take over a host as well.

So i was thinking, SG/TNG crossover :D maybe an alternate universe where the Goa'uld fled the Milky Way after SG took over, there's the Star Trek third world war which anihillates everything, and it just goes from there. The Tok'ra could have evolved into the Trill, etc etc etc...

Need to think more on this but those parasites (which were later retconned into the Borg) would be an interesting premise. Ancient Ha'taks, upgraded to TNG levels invading the Federation! :P

locutes
March 7th, 2010, 08:04 AM
The Tok'ra could have evolved into the Trill, that bunny is old lol

Cort
April 4th, 2010, 04:56 PM

I agree with this completely. General Landy should have been replaced with O'neil. O'neil is legendary among the asgards I had hoped they would have been able to say their good byes. It also give the Sam and Jack relationship one last hurrah!

That idea is actually what got me started writing fan fic, I wanted to read a story with Jack being a part of the events during Unending and when I couldn't find one I wrote my own. I have since come across a few others, so there are some out there if you're looking. If anyone is interested in reading mine, it's called Unending Revised (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5240127/1/Unending_Revised) (hmm... I wonder if the title would give it away ;) ) and I will start posting the sequel to it soon, it will be called Continuing on from Continuum (I know, my titles are oh so original, oh well :rolleyes:)

asdf1239
April 4th, 2010, 05:44 PM
the asurans ally with the wraith after they realize that the lanteans are their common enemy

Laxian of Earth
April 5th, 2010, 10:26 AM
well i have to add my "two cents" here :D

so my bunnies (i have been trying to write those, too - but my muse is HIDING and RUNNING AWAY all the time :(

1. What if: Jolinar (the Tok'ra) ended up in Jack? What if she managed to kill the Ashrak with the help of Jack (who clearly is more of a soldier then Sam - special black opps training paired with goa'uld strength and healing should make a pretty tough enemy, even more if you hand him a handdevice in order to fight the Ashrak)

Add: If you want to Ship, I would like you making it SamJack or JackJanet ;) - or make up an OC Tok'ra they can be with ;)

second add: How would the story procede with a Tok'ra (she will stay in Jack!) on the Team? Even more if said Tok'ra helps them develop Goa'uld like technology much faster?

Third add: Tinker a bit with Jolinars backstory (she fought a systemlord once in order to topple him, the story says, so answer the question: How did she have enough forces to do so and are there some of her forces left?)

fourth add: change jack a little (colonels can't be as dumb as he sometimes plays being, so give him a little more background (like why he doesn't like scientists...he might even be one himself and might have lost faith after charlie died through his own gun))

fifth add (^^): make the team bigger and give them "real" weapons (they are sometimes less good equipped then a rich man on safari IMHO...their weapons are inadequate for a larger fight, they can't take gliders down regularly (each team member should a least cary one "use and throw away" rocketlauncher (or a stinger projectile - with one member (jack) having the launcher for them)....

2. Add a Tok'ra to the Atlantis cast (either by having a Team member implanted (find a reason - must not be illness/certain death, it can be a "normal" decision, too) or by adding one of the existing ones (or an OC) to the team)

add: my fav. for this would be sheppard (him being a Tok'ra - even more: A scientist Tok'ra who is as good as mckay - and sheppard therefore is too as he can access the symbiotes knowledge....could imagine a lot of funny things happening (tok'ra tell sheppard something mckay says out loud at the same time (mckay recognizes that john is not listening) and such :D

3. add a third "goa'uld" faction to the play (tok'ra, goa'uld and ?) (one that maybe isn't liked by tok'ra and goa'uld (and is more hightech then both of them) and wants to be friends with earth, even sends one of their number to join SG-1 (make it female - if you can - and have her take interest in jack :) who is unresponsive (or does not want anything to do with her) and later comes around ;)

4. have some aliens (who might be as old as the asgard) contact earth, offering technology for protection (they might be "too peaceful" to fight in a real war or they could have as much problems as the asgard and might turn to earth in order to have one problem (the goa'uld (or even the ori)) taken care of (if you want: the offer could have a catch - though i would prefer one without the catch)

5. have SG-1 visit planets they have once been to again (in later seasons) in order to take left over technology (or find out what happened to allies there....)

planets on the list would be: tollana, bedrosia (the one with the religious war on), euronda, the one the rand protectorate was on (to get the ori satellite), ex-goa'uld base worlds (abandoned after the replicators killed the systemlords off) etc.

add: be creative what could be found there ;)

add: have them visit by ship (could be good, for example if the tollans survived and tried - in panic (after being nearly annihilated) to destroy Daedalus-Class ship :D

6. have earth take over Ra's ship from the pilot (so they have goa'uld tech at the start of the series)

7. make the asgard survive (how do they find out? - maybe the asgard core tells the asgard what technology the humans use (and someone picks up the signal))

8. add a known tok'ra (not jacob and not martouf or one of the really well known (and therefore most written about)....) to the SG-1 team (anise might be a good choice...her taking intereset in daniel at first and in jack later on - jack might come around, too (sorry, but i like anise ;) ))

9. what if sam had a symbiote (can be either goa'uld or tok'ra) in her at the start of the series? (that's how she knows as much about the gate to compile the software to opperate it without a DHD)

add: sam (the real consciousness might be "dead" - braindeath due to some cause or the other and the symbiote might be of a group of symbiotes that take only hosts that have no active mind (lunatics, braindead people...) or it might be of a group that is neither tok'ra or goa'uld (but still shares the body and does not take it over)

add: funny situation - tealc finding this out (and trying to kill her...)

10. earth has a "ship" problem (their fleet is to small to cover the galaxy against an enemy (wraith (maybe one rouge ship made it to the galaxy (a ship left over from the fight with the ancients, the ship might have left because it's commander (no queen) thought they would loose the fight), ori or something new - like furlings that have "turned" from being a respectable race (one of the great 4 as we know) to being conquering maniacs) and they need to get more ships - how they manage? your story!

add: they might trade with the jaffa (ships for supplies, training (in ship repair - or ship building (handing the jaffa a blueprint of a design with the same abilities as the prometheus (without asgard upgrades) etc.

add: they might say (to tok'ra and jaffa) without us you would not have won against the goa'uld, we demand 1/3 of all their ships left over! (they would have earned them, too as they did most of the dying, fighting and providing (materials, hide outs (SGC, Alphasite), minds (without us: no Kul-Weapon!) etc.)

add: might trade with another race

add: they might raid old planets (like above: tollana for example, or main worlds of the systemlords

so my ideas (i got a few more...) hope someone tries them (PM me if you do, ok? i would like to read them, too)

greetings LAX
ps: more then one person is allowed to try one of these (i have no problem with that - the more the merrier :) - as for slash please spare my bunnies (as it SQUICKS me....exception: femslash)
pps: no i don't hate gay people (tollerate them - as long as i don't have to be gay)

jmoz
April 9th, 2010, 12:23 AM
1. Asgard are alive, they have been kidnapped and forced into a virtual environment. They faked the detonation and suicide of themselves because they were forced to do so by a mysterious unknown race far superior to their own and the Ancients. This race was the reason for the formation of the alliance in the first place. Probably has been done before, if anyone knows of such a work let me know so I can read it and see how it is.

2. Teyla's people have been altered by Michael and have been conducting experiments on bringing him back through their own pieces of him that he implanted in them.

3. Rush uses communication stones and it malfunctions exchanging his consciousness with an alternate version of himself, someone worse than him currently who has killed off his alternate crew through his actions. He disables the communication stones so the real Rush can't get back. Said this somewhere before.

4. The Furlings are an underwater race. They were only brought into the alliance due to their advancements as a culture and their efficiency in harnessing a planet's core's heat when the other races were still exploring their respective galaxies. They have wondrous habitats deep underwater. They are discovered when SGC attempts to establish perimeter early defense systems on the outer planets. They crash into Europa and make an initial botched violent contact with them. Only one person is left who becomes their prisoner. He learns their culture while they keep him for observation and extract information. He befriends them. The latter parts are of my own contrivance.

Choo1701
April 19th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Okay, so, while watching another science fiction show at the weekend (you find our which one soon) and it got me thinking, about the good crew of the Starship "Destiny" and, well...

What would happen if some DALEKS came through the Stargate? (Crossbred Plot Bunnies are okay right?).

Just fun this image of those Diabolical Pepper Pots rolling out of the Gate on Destiny.

And then later, Doctor Rush and Chloe running for their lives down a corridor on Destiny while being chased by said Evil Daleks.

And...thats all i got.

Any takers? :p

puddlejumperOZ
April 19th, 2010, 06:34 PM
For the talented writers here, we have round two of the Gateworld FanFiction Competition, be nice to see some new faces (writers) down there:D

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/74278-GateWorld-Fan-Fic-Competition-Round-Two-D?p=11427738#post11427738

Mirrored Illusions
October 21st, 2010, 09:44 AM
Hi! I'm new here and I have some plot bunnies up for adoption. :cool:

Bunny #1: What if SG-1, General Hammond, and Dr. Fraiser faked Jolinar's death at the hands of the Ashrak (Sam & Jolinar talked instead of Jolinar going to talk to Cassie) and Sam remained as her host? Obviously they need to find a way for the symbiote not to tripp the Goa'uld alarm thingy, but SG-1 continue as usual as far as the NID and most people are concerned.

Now fast forward until Sam becomes the new Commander of Atlantis. How does she explain her situation to Dr. Beckett, what does Jolinar think of the Wraith, and so on?

Bunny #2: What if Lady Heather from CSI: Las Vegas became the new psychologist after Heightmeyer was forced to commit suicide?

Bunny #3: What if Cameron Mitchell from SG-1 and Henry Mitchell from Charmed (Paige's boyfriend/husband) were brothers or cousins? Imagine Paige and Henry having children who decides that orbing to see Uncle Cam is a fantastic idea... ;) It's even better if Cam and the SGC people doesn't know about magic prior to this.

puddlejumperOZ
October 25th, 2010, 03:25 PM
Strangely I do in fact like these rabbits ^^ rather intriguing thoughts there.

Now I have a bunny.

Fast forward Stargate Command another ten years. The SGC starts on their own Cyborg programme in answer to Anubis's previous Super soldiers, because it's highly likely that another Goa'uld has their hands on that technology. We see many personnel who had been perhaps wounded in action, volunteering themselves for enhancement, but it's goes astray as the US decides to use these human/cyborg weapons against hostiles here on Earth.
http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.php?albumid=1496&pictureid=19933

Aragon101
October 25th, 2010, 04:26 PM
Strangely I do in fact like these rabbits ^^ rather intriguing thoughts there.

Now I have a bunny.

Fast forward Stargate Command another ten years. The SGC starts on their own Cyborg programme in answer to Anubis's previous Super soldiers, because it's highly likely that another Goa'uld has their hands on that technology. We see many personnel who had been perhaps wounded in action, volunteering themselves for enhancement, but it's goes astray as the US decides to use these human/cyborg weapons against hostiles here on Earth.
http://forum.gateworld.net/picture.php?albumid=1496&pictureid=19933

Sounds like SBZ's No Unwounded Soldiers except with Terminators :P

Terminators can make everything more awesome :D

Here's a bunny i had involving robots. Rewriting Gemini (the episode where Replicarter steals the info from the ARG and kills Fifth) into a psychological thriller where they meet on an abandoned industrial planet, and SG-1 has to play cat and mouse with her a la Terminator 2 Steel Factory.

puddlejumperOZ
October 25th, 2010, 06:03 PM
A Stargate version of T2, that would be fantastic. You could virtually re-write it as such. Have repliCarter come back in time to kill Sam, but SG1 found out how she did it and they also go back to say when Sam was about 15 or so, or perhaps as she's entering the Academy. Now there is a real Terminator/SG1 crossover for you:D

Laxian of Earth
November 16th, 2010, 08:01 PM
hey guys (haven't been here in a long time :)

but i got a new bunny :) (have been watching part of my SG-1 collection again and i came up with something, something sam even says she might do)

i am talking about the episode "space race" - sam says: "next year i am going to kick butt" (after daniel tells her she is sad because she lost) and yeah, i wanted to see sam go back an do the race again (this time - maybe - with an earth build ship, something like, well an earth build alkesh (maybe after they had been given asgard technology))

well that's the bunny :) have fun

greetins LAX

Mirrored Illusions
November 23rd, 2010, 01:38 PM
I'm back, this time with even more crossbred bunnies! ;)

Bunny #1: SGA/various :mckay:
What if the ocean that Atlantis has been submerged in had other, more interesting, lifeforms than McKay's not-whales?
Like say, mermaids/men/people?

It's optional which kind of merpeople you choose to use.
Examples: Aqua from the movie Aquamarine; the girls from H2O: Just Add Water; Ariel, etc. from The Little Mermaid; the merpeople from Harry Potter, or some other fictional person with a fishtail, or simply an OC.

Bunny #2: SG-1/HP
What if Harry Potter somehow ended up on Pangara, and, because he's a Parselmouth (can speak to snakes), he's able to talk to Egeria while she's in the tank?

The accidental trip to another planet could be caused by any number of things, including Harry being a little nervous during his Apperition Test, or simply by teleporting himself as part of a fight-or-flight reaction to Voldemort, Death Eaters, the Dementors that appeared in Little Whinging when he was talking to Dudley, or some other event of your choice.

What happens there and what he does with Egeria is up to you.

Bunny #3: SG-1/BtVS :ronan:
There are quite a lot of fics where Buffy end up in the Stargate 'verse after jumping off the tower at the end of season 5, but what if we fast forward until she was brought back? Imagine if Buffy and Ronon were going through a Stargate at the same time that Willow activated her spell, and Ronon was brought back along with Buffy to her dimension... Ronon's stuck there and no one from the SG-verse can follow.

Bunny #4: SG-1/BtVS :sam:
Jolinar doesn't visit Cassie, instead she senses the Goa'uld and kill it before she leaves the Air Force Hospital. Rather than returning to the SGC she goes through Sam's memories and get money, clothes, and other neccesities before jumping on Sam's bike and taking off to hide out on Earth for a while. During the whole mess she attempts to convince Sam she isn't evil, and convince her to think of a place where they can lay low for a while.

After a certain amount of time Sam gives in and tells Jolinar of her cousin, Buffy, who lives in a small town outside of California. Sam and Buffy lost contact shortly before Buffy burned down the school gym. Buffy never told her cousin about what goes bump in the night - or what bumps right back.

blazingfire
November 25th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Hmm, since Atlantis is now currently in the San Francisco Bay Area, I had this idea for a SGA/Charmed crossover...

The three Charmed Ones cast a city wide spell on top of the Golden Gate Bridge to reveal what cannot be seen, as the Elders/Others had told them to. This disrupts Atlantis's cloaking mechanism, and the entire city suddenly appears, only visible to magical creatures (for convience's sake). Amazed and surprised, the sisters decide to check it out and orb into the Gateroom...

Mayhem ensures...

ReplicatedJedi
November 25th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmm...
Heres one, how about:

A Firefly/SGU crossover where the Serenity crew is hired by someone to discover a secret the Alliance is hiding something in a distant area of space and find out that the thing they are hiding is Destiny...

Col. Shadow Quinn
December 31st, 2010, 07:06 PM
Politics/Within the Serpent's Grasp/The Serpent's Lair AU
-Instead of just SG-1 going through the gate, all of the SG teams and base security personnel go through the gate on Senator Kinsey's reccommendation. This story must of the SGC capture one or both of the Ha'taks.

Ethon AU
-What if the Prometheus had opened fire on the Ori Satellite Weapon immediately instead of waiting around and trying to beam up Daniel?

Aragon101
January 1st, 2011, 05:25 PM
Politics/Within the Serpent's Grasp/The Serpent's Lair AU
-Instead of just SG-1 going through the gate, all of the SG teams and base security personnel go through the gate on Senator Kinsey's reccommendation. This story must of the SGC capture one or both of the Ha'taks.

Ethon AU
-What if the Prometheus had opened fire on the Ori Satellite Weapon immediately instead of waiting around and trying to beam up Daniel?

I recall reading a few similar to these. Frankly they quickly became "Star Trek Gate" with Earth suddenly becoming a superpower by actually being ultra intelligent all of a sudden.

I had an idea similar to this and even wrote the beginning of such a fic. It had to do with Jack and Daniel capturing Ra's mothership instead of destroying it. While Earth does have a serious advantage when teh System Lords appear, O'Neill personally goes through a dark downfall by way of the Sarcophagus that Ra tortured him with.

Check on Spacebattles Quinn, if anyone knows of fics those premises', they would.

puddlejumperOZ
January 9th, 2011, 08:17 PM
Sam and the Hammond crew find themselves somewhere unexpected when she tries to use the field of a Black hole to give them a push for a faster journey back home. They find themselves in a parallel universe only here the tauri are the aggressors and the rest are the good guys, how does she feel about siding with the goa'uld?????

Feast of the Muse
April 7th, 2011, 03:48 PM
Ok, I actually am looking for some furry little bunnies to adopt. I need a few, and it's ok if they are really little. I've ended up at a place in my story (9,000 words in, no less) that I didn't expect. I don't particularly care to write goa'uld or tok'ra, but I have a few of them that need a future, or I have to ditch my story.

Basically, I have six symbiotes in a zoo, and SG-1 finds out and goes to see them. Now, if they don't have hosts, we don't now who they are or what philosophy they live by... so I need some help. So any ideas, and non-canon symbiotes who have stories but not an origin, please holler at me. I won't use any character without asking the author's permission first.

WraithRichard
April 13th, 2011, 01:44 PM
Wraith eats both to live, contacts other wraith, goes home. :p

I'd read it.

Aragon101
April 14th, 2011, 02:50 PM
Ok, I actually am looking for some furry little bunnies to adopt. I need a few, and it's ok if they are really little. I've ended up at a place in my story (9,000 words in, no less) that I didn't expect. I don't particularly care to write goa'uld or tok'ra, but I have a few of them that need a future, or I have to ditch my story.

Basically, I have six symbiotes in a zoo, and SG-1 finds out and goes to see them. Now, if they don't have hosts, we don't now who they are or what philosophy they live by... so I need some help. So any ideas, and non-canon symbiotes who have stories but not an origin, please holler at me. I won't use any character without asking the author's permission first.

Take a hint from Supernatural and use mythology and legend since they are animals around the symbiotes. Just an idea.

Feast of the Muse
April 14th, 2011, 03:22 PM
Take a hint from Supernatural and use mythology and legend since they are animals around the symbiotes. Just an idea.

Ok, that would be cool I guess, but I know nothing about Supernatural. I should have mentioned that it's a Sanctuary crossover (no idea why I was being evasive). I have to figure out who they are somehow... I guess that means figuring out some sort of human hosts no matter what. Dang.

WraithRichard
April 14th, 2011, 09:00 PM
Did they ever go back to that planet with the T-rex in Atlantis? I'd like to see that expanded upon.

Aragon101
April 15th, 2011, 05:17 PM
Did they ever go back to that planet with the T-rex in Atlantis? I'd like to see that expanded upon.

I've seen a few fics having Ronon go back for some t-rex BBQ :P

WraithRichard
April 15th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I've seen a few fics having Ronon go back for some t-rex BBQ :P

Got links?

Although, I can't say that'd taste good. T-Rex's are carnivores and feed mainly on carrion; the good eating from the animals that eat veggies.

Aragon101
April 16th, 2011, 08:50 AM
Got links?

Although, I can't say that'd taste good. T-Rex's are carnivores and feed mainly on carrion; the good eating from the animals that eat veggies.

I know one was an AU where Atlantis doesn't get in contact with Earth for five years and Ronon and Teal'c go hunting one at one point. Another was a Jurassic park parody which i can't find just now.

So a stegosaurus tastes better than a t-rex!? :p

SF_and_Coffee
April 16th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Meh. They probably both taste like chicken. (Birds did evolve from dinosaurs, after all.) :p T-Rex probably just tastes like cannibalistic chicken. :D

WraithRichard
April 16th, 2011, 09:15 AM

Pretty much. Unless all stegosaurus tastes bad in the first place. But then, a stegosaurus classifies as a reptile and those are delicious.

Breeding herbivorous dinosaurs would have solved Atlantis's food supply problem pretty well.

Rgn
May 6th, 2011, 02:02 AM
I have an SGA

atlantis turns out to be sentient but there is a directive about how and when atlantians find out.
what were the limitations and why? what was the perception of atlantis and how did the members of the expedition gain their trust? what is atlantis true name?

WraithRichard
May 6th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Anyone ever watched Trio? Rodney, Jennifer, and Sam fall though the ceiling into an abandoned mineshaft.

In that episode, they were only found by unhelpful kids who did nothing.

What if there was a similar situation where the only one to find them was a single not-too-intelligent wraith?

Laxian of Earth
May 11th, 2011, 05:26 PM
I recall reading a few similar to these. Frankly they quickly became "Star Trek Gate" with Earth suddenly becoming a superpower by actually being ultra intelligent all of a sudden.

I had an idea similar to this and even wrote the beginning of such a fic. It had to do with Jack and Daniel capturing Ra's mothership instead of destroying it. While Earth does have a serious advantage when teh System Lords appear, O'Neill personally goes through a dark downfall by way of the Sarcophagus that Ra tortured him with.

Check on Spacebattles Quinn, if anyone knows of fics those premises', they would.

you could do me a favour (and the rest of you out there could as well):

send me a PM with the links to those stories :) as well as any "jolinar did survive" (no crossovers with buffy and such though...crossover with other science fiction is ok, but not fantasy) and any "earth gets technology earlier" (might take the ship from the movie, might take apophises ships....might get the tok'ra to give them some....) i need some inspiration (have my own fiction still on hold....writers block....i am quite embarrassed about that, too :(

so thanks in advance and: see you later ;)

greetings LAX

WraithRichard
May 11th, 2011, 07:28 PM
I've got a new one. Anyone seen the episode "Out of their minds" of Farscape? I know we've see close to it in 'Duet' but I'd like to see a full-out one, preferably in SGA.

Mirrored Illusions
May 12th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Here's an idea I've been thinking about for a while, but never seen in fanfiction:

It's Charmed/SG1/SGA and set in the Morality Bites (Charmed, season 2) alternate future. Episode summary in the spoiler.

In this future (2009) Phoebe used her powers to kill a famous baseball player who murdered a friend/co-worker of hers. They regularily break the 'no personal gain' rule. Magic was exposed, a modern witch hunt began, and Phoebe was burned at the stake on national television. The rest of the Halliwell family were cleared and not believed to be witches. Prue is alive, the Power of Three has been broken, and there's no 4th sister. Piper was the only one who had a child, a 6 year old daugther named Melinda.

What if Melinda joined the Air Force and was stationed at the SGC, and was chosen to go with the Atlantis Expedition? The episode doesn't say what the girl's powers were, just that she "wouldn't use them at school", so it's up to you. No all-powerful Wyatt-like crap though.

Basically a story where Melinda first end up on an SGC team (not SG-1) and later on an Atlantis team because she has the gene. How she subtly uses her powers to help her team(s), without exposing that she's a witch/whitelighter. After all this is a future where magical witches are executed.

Skadi
May 17th, 2011, 05:49 AM

Well, if they haven't tried to jump anyone, then they're almost 100% certain to be Tok'ra.

Besides - I'm certain the Tok'ra can talk to the symbiote/understand squeal, so just contact them? Both Apophis and Hathor seem to talk to an unhosted symbiote, who very much seems to understand.

Perhaps the symbiotes were found in a lake? In jars that happened to break? Left over by Egeria/last survivors of a larger batch she hid on Earth? Perhaps make one a queen?

SF_and_Coffee
May 17th, 2011, 09:29 AM
Well, if they haven't tried to jump anyone, then they're almost 100% certain to be Tok'ra.

Besides - I'm certain the Tok'ra can talk to the symbiote/understand squeal, so just contact them? Both Apophis and Hathor seem to talk to an unhosted symbiote, who very much seems to understand.

Perhaps the symbiotes were found in a lake? In jars that happened to break? Left over by Egeria/last survivors of a larger batch she hid on Earth? Perhaps make one a queen?
I've read the story in question and we've been talking about it back-channel. You're on the same page as I am, Skadi. She's doing a crossover, and it looks to be good. :) I'm still trying to figure out a way to cross the universe she's creating with my own, because I need a Tok'ra queen. (Doesn't everyone? ;))

SaraBahama
May 19th, 2011, 05:39 PM
Stargate SG-1 shippy bunny. I'm a pragmatic shipper. I this idea would make both shipper and non-shippers happy. It would be loads of fun to write, but I'm not very good with mushy stuff. :P I hope you guys/gals like it, and feel free to adopt it!

Cut to van scene outside of the high school...this takes place much as it does in canon, but with Jack and Sam in the front seat, and Young Jack and Young Sam in the back.

Whoever adopts this bunny can add the farewell dialogue. :)

As Sam and Jack drive away, Young Sam and Young Jack look at each other and smile. To the same soft fade-out music they played at the end of "Lost City," we see Young Jack and Sam walk away.

Jack's hand slowly moves toward Sam's. Their fingertips find each other and then we fade to the credits.

Awwww...

Now someone adopt this bunny so we can find out what happens to Young Jack and Young Sam. :D[/spoilers]

Ummm...did anyone adopt this poor homeless plot bunny??

Feast of the Muse
May 23rd, 2011, 09:29 AM

Yes, as SF said, we're trying to work it out. They'll end up being Egeria's kids and one will certainly be a queen. I like the idea of them being found in a dig or something. There aren't any hosted Tok'ra in the story as Jacob is off-world somewhere and the SGC decides the situation is too dangerous to wait. They go to see if the creatures are in fact goa'uld with Janet's knowledge of the physiology and Sam's memories from Jolinar (the kid who identifies them isn't sure they are the same or just a similar creature). I'm still fielding suggestions if you want to toss anything else this way. :D

Dumbificate
June 1st, 2011, 10:27 AM
SGU Bunny: Based upon S1EP13 (spoilers within),
instead of only a small contingent of people staying on the planet, some apparently irreparable damage is done to destiny, and the entire team evacuates to the planet, where they begin new lives. Their new focus is on creating new lives, but with a strong emphasis on researching the monument on the island, and trying to discover/contact/learn about the aliens who had built this planet. Do they find out about the aliens? Are they hostile, friendly, neutral? Condescending, beneficent, fra- or maternal?Do the aliens know about Destiny and her mission? Can they help the colonists return to Destiny? Etc.

:D

Caleb

ReplicatedJedi
June 6th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Not sure if any of these have been said yet but..

1. What if the Ori found out about the cosmic background structure at the same time as the Ancients and sent their own ship after it?

2.what if Dr. Beckett and Dr. Keller worked together since the beginning of the show? (I.e. Rising)

Noxbait
July 27th, 2011, 08:44 PM
plot bunnies are replicators in disguise...they keep reproducing and spreading. and there is no stop to them! I like this thread, lots of great ideas. Unfortunately, I have a whole farm of bunnies I have to feed and clean up after right now, so I'm not on the market. I will check back when I have sold, or eaten, all my current bunnies. :) .......

Alteran of Atlantis
October 5th, 2011, 09:42 AM
I have a lot of plot bunnies. Most involve the Ancients. *cough* :weiranime42:

I know one was an AU where Atlantis doesn't get in contact with Earth for five years and Ronon and Teal'c go hunting one at one point. Another was a Jurassic park parody which i can't find just now.

I've read that fic. New Lantean Chronicles: Lost City found. Great story. :D

YutheGreat
April 7th, 2012, 06:24 PM
Two Stargate stories
One. Michael and the Aesir (evil gray men) make an alliance they Hijack The Odyssey to steal the Asgard Core.
Two. Evil unascended. The ancients are supposed to have thought the Romans so what if we had an advance society based on Roman society.

Which is more intriguing...

Jackie
April 8th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone,

I could use some ideas for a FF I'm currentyly working on. I'm kind of stuck on the plot itself, which is not normal for me.

The fic takes place season 8/9, alternate reality. Mitchell takes over SG-1 and Sam finds three women that she wants to turn into an expermential team. The story is preluded by another fic I wrote where Mitchell was still in a chair and a woman named Edna Cayce (after edgar cayce) helped him walk again.

The experimental team is put fleshed out:

"Radio" Edna Cayce - former homelss woman who has the ability to go into a trance and see how to heal people, like Edgar Cayce, but also can hear radio transmissions and that's how she got her nick name. She Mitchell's girlfriend.

"Tesla" Terry Hicks - an army cook (prefessional chef) who was made into a medic because she can manipulate atomic structures with her mind on a very basic level. She can do what appears to be basic magic. Where talking major food lover.

"De Vinci" Lisa Rothschild - a criminal elite with an bad attitude, had a photographic memory and the ability to make exact copies. Conterfiting is her specialty.

My first few chapters have gathered the girls together, under Carter's command, put them through training and flesh the characters out.

Jack does not want to send them off world, he actually wants it to fail, so he put Carter back on SG-1, send De Vinci far away and put Tesla on his personal staff as his private chef. Send Radio back to being intel adviser.

Teal'c is becoming infatuated with Tesla, who is hesitant of having having a relationship with a Jaffa.

de Vincie has pissed off Sam to an extreme - along with everyone else. But the most fun one to write.

Radio - Sam uses for intel gathering, they get along great.

I would like to pit the team against a big, bad Goa'uld: Ba'al is not that big and bad, Anubis would do but I wanted something more powerful. I also need a reason why they go off world, other than Mitchell screwing up and SG-1 in danger.

Any ideas what to do with these women?

SF_and_Coffee
April 8th, 2012, 10:26 PM
Just a suggestion: nicknames probably aren't the best way to identify your characters. Think about it: how many characters in SG-1 had nicknames?

Seaboe Muffinchucker
April 10th, 2012, 07:58 AM
Just a suggestion: nicknames probably aren't the best way to identify your characters. Think about it: how many characters in SG-1 had nicknames?

Well, Sam and Jack are both nicknames. I grant you there aren't very many, but those two are big.

Seaboe

SF_and_Coffee
April 10th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Sam and Jack are short names drawn from a person's full name; they're completely different from nicknames like "Radio" or "Tesla" where the person's name doesn't contain any element incorporating the word radio or the name Tesla.

How many characters in SG canon had nicknames that weren't based on their real names?

I guess what I'm saying is that I've run across a lot of fanfic out there for SG-1 and for other franchises in which the authors all seem to think that every character needs to have some cool or cute nickname that bears no resemblance to the person's given name. Not only do I not understand why, but quite frankly, it's a major distraction from the story and the characters. If I begin reading a story and discover that everyone has a nickname, then unless that's normal in the franchise the story is based on, I stop reading and go find a different story.

Rule of thumb: Try to follow the naming conventions used in your franchise's canon. If everyone in canon has nicknames, great. If not, then don't do it in your story unless your story is meant as a parody of your franchise.

Jackie
April 11th, 2012, 06:20 AM
What I've done in the story to keep the reader from being confused it to seperate the nickname from the narrative.

Thus, the nick name is only used in dialog with the characters, who call each other by nick names.

That is also a good rule to use for Jack, Sam and Daniel. Teal'c it can't apply too. It depends on the author though.

Using first names you don't have to seperate the narrative and dialog, with nick name I'ts best unless...The real name is unknown.

I did come up with a plot for it, going to use a combo and Adria and Anubis. Instead of the Ori being from another galaxy, it's really an Anubis front and he's behind it. Adria becomes his pawn and is given all sort of power.

A also bring Vala into the story this way too.

I try to keep a lot of the story centered around jack and everything happening around him. But, I'm not publiching it for some times, so I can take my time with it. Kind of back burner project.

Jackie
April 11th, 2012, 06:28 AM
I'm not sure how many writers are familiar with the trivium and quadrivium but the concpet would work really well in SG.

fems
April 11th, 2012, 06:31 AM
Thus, the nick name is only used in dialog with the characters, who call each other by nick names.

Personally I find this one of the things that is overdone in fanfiction, because really, how often do you call your friends/family by their name while talking to them? You usually just turn towards the person you're talking to and probably would only resort to calling them by name when you're speaking to a group (or handing out orders). These days it's hardly even necessary to greet someone by name on the phone because most people have number recognition and know who's calling before they even pick up and it's kind of odd to answer your cell phone with your name considering the person who called you usually knows who they're calling.

So I really think you should be careful with that, especially when using nicknames, and only use it sparingly and perhaps over the radio.

Jackie
April 11th, 2012, 06:58 AM
Personally I find this one of the things that is overdone in fanfiction, because really, how often do you call your friends/family by their name while talking to them? You usually just turn towards the person you're talking to and probably would only resort to calling them by name when you're speaking to a group (or handing out orders). These days it's hardly even necessary to greet someone by name on the phone because most people have number recognition and know who's calling before they even pick up and it's kind of odd to answer your cell phone with your name considering the person who called you usually knows who they're calling.

So I really think you should be careful with that, especially when using nicknames, and only use it sparingly and perhaps over the radio.

If my friends has a nick name, that they go by, I use it...we all do.

I have three friends who use nick names:

Moondog, Buddy and Flowbee - and yes, people call them by that.

So, yes I do have friends who constantly use unusual nick names, only time they are called by thier actual name is for formal events, ect.

Granted, most people do not use odd nick names, but those who do - get mad when you call them by thier given name. Some people do not like to be called by thier real name.

My friend Buddy his other nick name is "Ugly buddy" and he will tell you not to call him his real name, Byron. he doesn't like his name and goes by buddy or ugly buddy.

So, from my own experience, I would have to say that some people prefer thier nick names.

fems
April 11th, 2012, 07:25 AM
If my friends has a nick name, that they go by, I use it...we all do.

I have three friends who use nick names:

Moondog, Buddy and Flowbee - and yes, people call them by that.

So, yes I do have friends who constantly use unusual nick names, only time they are called by thier actual name is for formal events, ect.

Granted, most people do not use odd nick names, but those who do - get mad when you call them by thier given name. Some people do not like to be called by thier real name.

My friend Buddy his other nick name is "Ugly buddy" and he will tell you not to call him his real name, Byron. he doesn't like his name and goes by buddy or ugly buddy.

So, from my own experience, I would have to say that some people prefer thier nick names.

I'm not saying people don't use nicknames, I'm just pointing out that in normal conversation people often don't call others by any name (be that their given name or a nickname). Can you honestly say that if you're in a room with your friend buddy you call him by his name? That your conversations go something like this:

Jackie: hey Buddy, how are you?
Buddy: Jackie! I'm fine, how are you?
Jackie: Cool, great to hear Buddy. So what have you been up to?
Buddy: Oh, you know, this and that, Jackie.
Jackie: So I was thinking maybe we could do [something] with Moondog, Buddy and Flowbee.
Buddy: Oh, that's an awesome idea, Jackie.
Jackie: I thought so too, Buddy.

In my experience no names (with the exception of people who aren't present) would be mentioned in a conversation like this. Overall, I hardly call anyone by their name and vice versa when I'm talking with/to them, no matter how long. The only time a name is used is when talking about non-present people or when they're trying to get your attention and vice versa.

Jackie
April 11th, 2012, 09:14 AM
You're just pointing out the obvious. I think what you were trying to say is to write in a natural flow, but without seeing the story, and only going by a "top-off-my head" synopsis, you have no clue how I am writing the story or the flow, sentence structure, ect.

People talk naturally and when I write, I do so naturally. In the story, I write they are assigned nick names as part of the project, like a cover. The team is an experiment, I can't drop the nick names, it's weaved into the story.

Using names, any name constantly, would be awfully repetitive and annoying for the reader.

SF_and_Coffee
April 11th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Well, regardless of whether I'll read a story filled with nicknames (perhaps you should think of them as call signs or code names instead and refer to them as such?) if by "de Vinci" you mean to make a reference to the famous artist, at least spell it right: da Vinci.

Seaboe Muffinchucker
April 11th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Guys, don't you think this conversation belongs in one of the writing discussion threads? There don't seem to be any orphaned bunnies involved.

Seaboe

SF_and_Coffee
April 11th, 2012, 01:19 PM
I agree... if the original poster of this tangent wants to take it there.

Jackie
April 13th, 2012, 02:07 PM
I've decided to just delete the story and not bother to finish it. After seeing the responses to the story and not one person even helped with the plot bunny issue, i don't feel like bothering it anymore...And the readers would probably flame it just as bad.

Can't see putting that much work and effort into something that will just be flamed.

fems
April 13th, 2012, 02:18 PM
I've decided to just delete the story and not bother to finish it. After seeing the responses to the story and not one person even helped with the plot bunny issue, i don't feel like bothering it anymore...And the readers would probably flame it just as bad.

Can't see putting that much work and effort into something that will just be flamed.

Well, to be fair your original post would have probably been better suited in the Fic Help thread. At least it's my understanding that people can orphan plot bunnies in this one so others with more writing skills/spare time/motivation/whatever can adopt the plot bunny and use it for a fic. It seems like you just wanted help to help mature your plot bunnies and not dump 'em here. Frankly I only look at this thread whenever I'm bored, simply because I'm not interested in other people's plot bunnies while I have so many of my own (nor do I want to orphan mine). The Fic Help thread on the other hand is one I'm subscribed to and seems to be visited by other people more often as well.

As for not helping, well the plot wasn't really my thing. The all girl team and super powers etc is just too far removed from what I enjoy. However, you shouldn't abandon a story you want to write simply because help here hasn't been forthcoming or because you're afraid people will flame it. You should write whatever the hell you like and write it because you want to tell a story; if it turns out people enjoy your stories then that's just an added bonus. Or at least that's how I feel about it.

Jackie
April 13th, 2012, 02:53 PM
Perhaps, I mis-understood the thread. I thought the thread was to get help for plots and not list plots you will not use. I thought this was a thread for help with a plot. I stated I needed help with plot in the first line. Sorry, if i made a mistake.

That being said, I found the replies to my post very condescending rather than helpful. You argued with me over if I should have nick names in a story and not address the question I asked. If the post was on the wrong thread, simply say so, rather than argue over that sort of detail.

SF_and_Coffee
April 13th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Jackie, a few things:

First off, NO ONE here is out to flame you. Okay?

Now, sure, you did put your request in the wrong thread. But isn't a big deal, especially when someone is new to this particular subforum. In fact, that's why some of us actually did try to offer you advice here, even though the discussion would have been better suited to the "Fic Help" thread. So don't worry about it. This wasn't the first time something like that has happened, and I'm sure it won't be the last. No worries.

However, because this is a forum for fanfic writers to help out other fanfic writers, most of us generally will offer suggestions and even critiques/criticism. Constructive criticism is NOT flaming! I honestly think that every piece of criticism you were given was intended to be constructive; I know for a fact that mine was. When you ask another writer or a group of them for advice and input, you run the risk that they might NOT just gush and say, "Oh, what a wonderful idea! I love it!" They might, in fact, point out things you could change to make a good idea even better, or things that might make a mediocre idea good.

I would venture to say that every one of us here has written something that was mediocre at best, at some point in our lives. I've been writing original science fiction for longer than some of my fellow writers here have even been alive, and some of my early work makes me cringe. It has honestly taken me until the past small handful of years to finally feel as though I were writing material that other people might think was good enough to read and enjoy. But that feeling came about because I took classes and participated in critique groups and writers' workshops where we were all freely encouraged to give completely honest feedback to one another, in the hope that all of us would thereby improve our craft. Praise is a wonderful thing and it feels really good both to give and to receive, but it won't do one-tenth as much to improve a writer's work as constructive criticism will.

The trick is to abandon the mindset that sees all criticism as a negative thing or as an attack, because it isn't. My suggestions to you were not intended to tear you down, nor to 'flame' you (trust me, I've seen flames before, and you haven't been flamed on this thread), nor were those offered by Fems or anyone else. We were all trying to help. I do tend to revert to "writers' workshop" mode when I'm offering advice to other writers, and I do realize that it can seem a bit much, for which I hereby apologize to anyone who's ever been on the receiving end of it without adequate advance notice from me. (Fems and Starfist might both have something to say about that, by the way -- and they are welcome to.) :o

Sincerely, though, it looked like you didn't really have much of a story to ask for help with. It felt more like you were walking in and saying, "Hi, I have this group of characters unlike anyone else we've seen in Stargate, and they all have superpowers and nicknames. They have to have the superpowers and nicknames to make the story work, but I don't actually know how I want to write the story. Can someone tell me how to write it?" That's a little bit like asking other writers to take your characters and almost write the plot for you. Problem is, we're all pretty busy writing our own stories, so while we don't mind helping another writer to overcome an obstacle that has her stuck somewhere on her own project, I think most of us really expect our fellow writers to come up with their own essential plots and frameworks, with which we will then gladly help to tweak or improve if we can. A cast of characters, no matter how quirky and different they may be, is no substitute for a basic plot, and throwing in, "This canon character is mad at this original character, this other OC is dating this other CC, and by the way Jack doesn't even like the idea of these people except for one of them," doesn't really go very far toward being a plot, either.

Having said all that, if you want to write a story and are open to sincere suggestions and constructive criticism, then by all means we are here to help you. If you really just want praise and pats on the back, then you might want to write the story on your own or with the help of a personal friend, and once you've written it, put it up online someplace and start a thread for it here in the Fanfic subforum with a link to wherever you've published it. People who like the story will probably say so on that thread, and/or by whatever review options your publication site offers. Others will likely ignore it, rather than taking the time to actually criticize anything about it.

It's up to you to do whatever it is you feel will be most likely to get you what you're looking for.

fems
April 14th, 2012, 02:49 AM
I agree with most of what SF_and_Coffee said above.

My suggestions to you were not intended to tear you down, nor to 'flame' you (trust me, I've seen flames before, and you haven't been flamed on this thread), nor were those offered by Fems or anyone else. We were all trying to help. I do tend to revert to "writers' workshop" mode when I'm offering advice to other writers, and I do realize that it can seem a bit much, for which I hereby apologize to anyone who's ever been on the receiving end of it without adequate advance notice from me. (Fems and Starfist might both have something to say about that, by the way -- and they are welcome to.) :o

My original comment was actually more of a random thought and didn't have a lot to do with the fic itself, I just simply wanted to point out how irrelevant the use of (nick)names can be in a story because it's unrealistic to constantly refer to someone by (nick)name and that someone should therefore be careful with overusing them, especially nicknames since they would only be used in dialogue. There's nothing flame-y about it. Just a word of caution.

While SF_and_Coffee might revert to writers' workshop mode, that is just the way I am. Look around the forum and you'll see I'm usually quite direct and honest in my opinions when it comes to things like these. If you would rather I sugarcoat things and only give praise, then please to say so beforehand and I shall keep my opinion/advice to myself. That way I won't trample on your feelings and save myself the time and effort of actually writing a reply.

As for being on the receiving end of SF_and_Coffee's advice; I don't recall ever having had problems with it or how it was phrased. Or she would have certainly heard about it.

Arya
April 23rd, 2012, 01:49 PM
All right, so this is a SG thred, but I have a verry lonsom plot bunnie who would love a new home, would any one be willing to adopt him? Just in case your interested here it is-
What if Afina was a guy.
would turn out to be an Afina (male)/Helen
Sorry if I anger any of you for my sanctuary invasion. :D

Twilord
August 12th, 2012, 09:48 AM
Ba'al wasn't killed when the symbiote was removed because the 'clone' of host also had a copy of his conciousness.

Ultimately he becomes a hok'tar and attempts to leave this universe through a version of the dimensional mirror which he built himself with help from Carter's, McKay's, Lee's and Miller's research into the topic. This however causes Carter to begin to notice something is up with "Aziru".

Eventually he travels through the mirror to another reality where the only Stargate on Earth was the one beneath the ice of Antartic, but Carter finally realises it and chases him through before he can change the settings on the other side.

Once on the other side Carter snags an Alkesh and manages to reach Earth; meanwhile Ba'al triggers the Jaffa rebellion with help from Teal'c, now claiming himself as 'one of the great and powerful beings that the pathetic Goa'uld derived their limited power from'.

Carter helps establish the new SGC to defend against Ba'al, but is kept a considerable distance (presenting a good reason for Earth's slow development, but allowing them access to her for when its useful).

The new SGC hires Charlie O'Neill as the new Daniel Jackson, Jack's death when he was young having affected him deeply and pushed him towards his academics interests rather than the millitary path he was headed down. Carter can't help but become attached to Charlie, as a reminder of home.

(Kinda want to suggest Charlie could be gay... but that is totally out there / just for fun.)

Anto117
August 27th, 2012, 03:21 PM
Heres an SG1 plot bunny I've had since I got season 9 and 10 on DVD.

Bounty AU, what if Netan wasn't killed by Ventrell and as more bounty hunters go after SG1, Cameron and Vala have to go undercover as bounty hunters and team up with other mercs to take out Netan.

Eldritch
October 31st, 2012, 01:42 PM
You know, I always thought it would be cool to have seen an episode where SG1 disappeared under mysterious circumstances, and after a reasonable length of time Hammond was ordered to give up the search and resume normal SG operations. So he takes a leave of absence, and gets with Jacob and Bratac to locate and rescue SG1. A one off story with just the three 'old guys'.

selene0789
October 31st, 2012, 03:43 PM
You know, I always thought it would be cool to have seen an episode where SG1 disappeared under mysterious circumstances, and after a reasonable length of time Hammond was ordered to give up the search and resume normal SG operations. So he takes a leave of absence, and gets with Jacob and Bratac to locate and rescue SG1. A one off story with just the three 'old guys'.

This kind of happened in the show, didn't it? Okay, maybe not, but reading this immediately made me think of "Out of Mind"/"Into the Fire".

SF_and_Coffee
October 31st, 2012, 04:32 PM
This kind of happened in the show, didn't it? Okay, maybe not, but reading this immediately made me think of "Out of Mind"/"Into the Fire".
I have a fanfic in the pipeline involving those two episodes, and while it isn't quite as Eldritch has described, it does involve a different sort of search for SG-1, conducted by none other than our own beloved (at least by fans of my story All That We Leave Behind) Colonel Frank Cromwell, along with a few trusted Tok'ra allies.

tlw
November 1st, 2012, 07:27 PM
Here is a plot bunny.

What if Catherine was a friend of Daniel's parents and she became his foster mother when his parents were killed.

iiradned
November 1st, 2012, 08:38 PM
Here is a plot bunny.

What if Catherine was a friend of Daniel's parents and she became his foster mother when his parents were killed.

Half of your bunny has been done.

Belonging (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7704299/1/) by Nadie2 has Daniel being adopted by Catherine after the accident though she was not a friend to Daniel's parents she was there when the accident happened.

Nikki Alexander
January 20th, 2013, 12:05 AM
I've got two ideas floating around my head right now that I'm trying to start, but like others I sometimes have trouble, but that might have more to do with worrying about what people will think.

I've been reading one where Daniel and Sam meet shortly after his parents die and the two become friends and Sam's parents take an interest and start helping him. It's really good.

Missus Jackson
January 24th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Here's a few bunnies that need adoption:

:daniel: In the Line of Duty: What happens after Daniel is zatted by Teal'c before the infirmary scene with Sam? And what was Jack's reaction when he hears what happened? Non-slash...

Oh, even better, what if Teal'c arrived to late? What if the assassin took Daniel with him through the gate? Whump(for Daniel) please! Non-slash.

Moebius tag: What was Daniel's reaction in meeting the alternate Jack, Sam, and Teal'c? What were their's? How were the other's killed? And how was Daniel spared? Daniel!Whump please? Non-slash.

Daniel is captured and tortured by Ba'al...with acid...non-slash.

:sheppard: Sheppard suffers a severe concussion and is sent to earth to recover. While there, he decides to try an reconnect with David though things don't go quite as smoothly as he'd like....non-slash.

Please send me a link for the finished story if anyone adopts one these.

Sparky She-Demon
January 24th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I've got two ideas floating around my head right now that I'm trying to start, but like others I sometimes have trouble, but that might have more to do with worrying about what people will think.

I've been reading one where Daniel and Sam meet shortly after his parents die and the two become friends and Sam's parents take an interest and start helping him. It's really good.

Is that one on ff.net? If so, I'd like a link!

Nikki Alexander
January 24th, 2013, 01:58 PM
It is, I'll see if I can find it. I've not finished reading, but what I've read so far is really good. I'll have a look for it and then post a link. Another fic I've been reading that I really like is a Daniel/Sam one called Child of The Ancients, I'm not sure if it's finished yet or not, but I'll link that one as well if anyone wants to read it.

Anto117
January 31st, 2013, 01:06 PM
Here's a story idea a friend of mine gave me that's AU from the novel Stargate Roswell.

What if Vala and Mitchell never got back to the present and remained trapped in the past and never ran into the Goa'uld.

Mirrored Illusions
March 3rd, 2013, 08:28 AM
Some more bunnies...

1. Apocafic. One or more of the Asurans (the human-form Replicators from Pegasus) manage to kill one or more members of an SG team (not Sheppard's or Lorne's) and assume their appearance. They take over Atlantis and/or Earth by slowly killing off people and replacing them with Replicators.

2. John and Nancy never divorced, and when John was asked to go to Atlantis because of his ATA gene she went with him.

3. Laura Cadman stays in the City and Jennifer Hailey is transferred from the SGC to Atlantis. Someone has the bright idea of placing them on the same team...

4. Pallan from P3X-289, the planet with the shrinking Dome from the SG-1 episode "Revisions", comes to Atlantis causing confusion with his similarity to Halling of Athos. (Both were played by Christopher Heyerdahl.) Or Teyla possibly meeting Pallan while Atlantis is parked on Earth.

Hathor_girl
March 9th, 2013, 01:58 PM
A plot bunny I would LOVE to see written:

Jacob as Jack's Dad

Jacob/Selmak just returns from a mission where they ended up time travelling. They was in the past for many months, and met a woman and fell in love. Then they found a way to return to their own time and did, despite wanting to stay with the woman.

When they comes back, they learn it is the mother of Jack O'Neill they had been together with - and he is born 8 months after they left her, so she had been 1 month pregnant when they left. They have Jack O'Neill tested, and he is their son.

It turns out the Ancient gene he has is from Selmak. She - and all Egeria's kids - have it. The reason Jack appears to be a more advanced human is that he has symbiote DNA. The Asgard had found out, but not told him. At some point during his teen years his genetic memory had started to surface, and the Asgard had blocked it. Now it resurfaces.

How does Jack react to being part Tok'ra? How does he react to Jacob/Selmak being his dad? What does Sam say to finding out she has a half-brother, who is her commanding officer?

Should take place before Divide and Conquer.

Required characters: Daniel Jackson, General Hammond, Jack O'Neill, Jacob/Selmak, Janet Fraiser, Martouf/Lantash, Samantha Carter, Teal'c

(No, I don't ship Sam/Jack, and I didn't intend for the story to be that, but if any Sam/Jack shippers want to write it, then I can tell you that half-siblings are allowed to marry in Sweden, so that is not a problem).

Laxian of Earth
March 11th, 2013, 12:19 PM
as a shipper of Sam/Jack this is not my cup of tea (but it sounds fun anyway - so yeah, i would read that :)

i am still waiting for someone to write a space-race follow up (based on the comment of Sam, that she will "kick butt" next year :)

greetings LAX

Girlbot
March 11th, 2013, 12:20 PM
as a shipper of Sam/Jack this is not my cup of tea (but it sounds fun anyway - so yeah, i would read that :)

i am still waiting for someone to write a space-race follow up (based on the comment of Sam, that she will "kick butt" next year :)

greetings LAX

Can't wait for the newest commercials they would show :D

Sparky She-Demon
March 11th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Did not know that half siblings were allowed to get married in Sweden!