Ancient Ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancient Ships

I was just wondering are there any ships other Ancient ships other than Aurora class, Atlantis, the puddle jumper, The Destiny. Because it's highly unlikely that those are the only ships they made. Like 'before I sleep' they mention a transport that got destroyed. Does anyone think they might have something similar to a fighter because I think they would have more variety.
    http://epsilon.astroempires.com/?ref=E.94116

There are the ones from Ark of Truth and This Mortal Coil.
    sigpic

Comment

The Ship from aot remind me of that small replicator ship that Fifth used. Though this is just me speculating I think there is a connection between the MW replicators and the ancients. but don't comment on that just me rambling on about things. I think the transport in 'before i sleep' that was never shone might have had a lot of puddle jumper elements in it. 'cause the puddle jumper is a transport ship that can fit through the gate.

Comment

I would say that the remark that "The Atlanteans sent a delegation protected by their most powerful warships" indicates that there were either varying classes of ships (transport, cruiser, warship) or varying levels of ships, like "Aurora, Mk 2" that were either specialized in certain ways or just not as advanced and therefore relegated to non-front line tasks.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
          I would say that the remark that "The Atlanteans sent a delegation protected by their most powerful warships" indicates that there were either varying classes of ships (transport, cruiser, warship) or varying levels of ships, like "Aurora, Mk 2" that were either specialized in certain ways or just not as advanced and therefore relegated to non-front line tasks.
          It does make sense. The aurora's weren't that pretty I would've loved to seen a smooth stream-lined ship kinda of like a sports car of the space ship world.
          (puddle jumper would be like the mini-van functional but not very fast looking.)

Comment

They had at least two different types of warship...The Aurora Class which we've seen time after time again as well as another class of ship that has a dfferent engine configuration.
            Spoiler:

In case that picture doesn't work, here's a link to the photobucket page...
            http://media.photobucket.com/image/S...9/4f3ae8f1.jpg

The Vanir may or may not have used a Lantean Transport Ship to invade Atlantus in the episode 'First Contact.' Unfortunately at this point we don't know much but as soon as we find the out the truth about those damned suits we'll probably know for definate.
            Spoiler:
            sigpic
            Made by Aragon101

Spoiler:
            Episode III: Phantasm.
            "Shadows are patient, shadows just wait...'til they cover the occeans, the cities...the whole of the world. Shadows always win."

Comment

I think it might have been an Ancient ship its engine-glow is similar and they have been stuck in the pegasus with a bunch of Ancient goodies. It would also explain how they were able to go threw the Atlantis shield. They probably just savaged it from some where. This could also explain how the Travelers got their hyperspace technology. They probably found an Ancient ship and made it work. So there might be some sort connection between the Travelers and the Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Serenity000 View Post
                I think it might have been an Ancient ship its engine-glow is similar and they have been stuck in the pegasus with a bunch of Ancient goodies. It would also explain how they were able to go threw the Atlantis shield. They probably just savaged it from some where. This could also explain how the Travelers got their hyperspace technology. They probably found an Ancient ship and made it work. So there might be some sort connection between the Travelers and the Ancients.
                While I agree whole heartidly with your idea for the Vanir's ship, I believe that it has been shown that Traveler technology is based off wires and chips as opposed to Crystals which Alteran (and by extension Lantean) technology is based on which makes any possible connection between the two dubious.

I can't quite remember where its been mentioned or shown but hopefully I'll remember soon or maybe someone else can remember.
                sigpic
                Made by Aragon101

Spoiler:
                Episode III: Phantasm.
                "Shadows are patient, shadows just wait...'til they cover the occeans, the cities...the whole of the world. Shadows always win."

Comment

I think it might have been an Ancient ship its engine-glow is similar
                  Not even close. Every Ancient ship that we have seen has had polygonal engines, while the rogue Asgard ships had circular engines.

Also, while Auroras have been seen to have a yellow engine glow, Puddle Jumpers and Atlantis have a white engine glow.
                  "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                  - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                  - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                  - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                    Not even close. Every Ancient ship that we have seen has had polygonal engines, while the rogue Asgard ships had circular engines.

Also, while Auroras have been seen to have a yellow engine glow, Puddle Jumpers and Atlantis have a white engine glow.
                    one nothing says that Ancient engines are all polygonal, and the vanir's ship had a yellowish engine-glow.
                    Last edited by Serenity000; 02 September 2009, 04:20 AM.

Comment

nothing says that Ancient engines are all polygonal
                      Except the fact that every Ancient engine that we've seen has been polygonal. Also, if you are going to use "engine glow color" as a basis for saying that the ships are Ancient, then I can use engine shape as a basis for saying that they are not.

and the vanir's ship had a yellowish engine-glow.
                      I assume that you are trying to make a connection to the Aurora's engine color (yellowish as well). The problem with this analysis is that the Daedalus's engines are also yellowish - is the Daedalus an Ancient design?
                      "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."

Comment

well the asgard said thay took alot of ideas from them

Comment

I'm not saying they are, I'm saying they could and speculating. The only way we will know anything for certain is if the show comes out and says it. besides the only reason I argued with the engine glowy-thing was because you mentioned the shape of the engine in deciding who made the ship. And just because all the Ancient engines we've seen are polygonal does not make all Ancient engines in existence are polygonal. So that means this argument is point less.

Comment

I'm not saying they are, I'm saying they could and speculating.
                            Using words like "probably" seems a little strong for such speculation.

besides the only reason I argued with the engine glowy-thing was because you mentioned the shape of the engine in deciding who made the ship.
                            This is patently false: the only reason that I even posted in this topic was because you mentioned the engine glow as being reason to think that the ships were Ancient in origin (here).

And just because all the Ancient engines we've seen are polygonal does not make all Ancient engines in existence are polygonal.
                            No, but if you want to say that something is an exception to an established rule, then you better have a compelling reason why its an except.

Quite frankly, the design does not look Ancient: it is too rounded, not as angular as the other Ancient ships we've seen. And before anyone notes the Puddle Jumpers, they have a very compelling reason to have the shape that they do (namely the need to fit through the Stargate), a reason that does not apply to the ships in "First Contact"/"The Lost Tribe."

Comment

Originally posted by Quadhelix View Post
                              Using words like "probably" seems a little strong for such speculation.

This is patently false: the only reason that I even posted in this topic was because you mentioned the engine glow as being reason to think that the ships were Ancient in origin (here).

No, but if you want to say that something is an exception to an established rule, then you better have a compelling reason why its an except.

Quite frankly, the design does not look Ancient: it is too rounded, not as angular as the other Ancient ships we've seen. And before anyone notes the Puddle Jumpers, they have a very compelling reason to have the shape that they do (namely the need to fit through the Stargate), a reason that does not apply to the ships in "First Contact"/"The Lost Tribe."
                              I dunno... i have to say the ship the Vanir used looked pretty Lantean to me. (I.E. the jumper) Let alone the fact that it went through the shields and i quote
                              (The image on the screen shows the ship as it flies straight through the shield and heads for the end of one of the piers.)

BANKS: That's impossible.

SHEPPARD: What-what did it just do?

CHUCK: It passed through the shield.

SHEPPARD: Yeah, but how did it do that?

BANKS: I'm not sure, sir. (She looks at him.) Ancient ships can do it.

(John frowns, then looks at the screen which shows that the ship has stopped a short distance in from the end of the pier.)
                              It seems to me that it's an armed transport ship. Think of it as the Ancient Equivalent of an Al'Kesh.

Comment

Working...
                              X