Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who else will prob'ly be on the cast for SG1 season 9??? (poss. spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

who else will prob'ly be on the cast for SG1 season 9??? (poss. spoilers)

first off, if this should be somewhere else, my apologies.... i don't usually actually start threads...

anyways, with the (is it now completely official?) announcement that ben browder will be joining the cast of SG1 for season 9 (woohoo!), and the uncertainty of who else will be staying and coming on, who do y'all think they should have join the cast??? or who do you think they WILL have join the cast (good decision or otherwise...)

i.e. if for some reason RDA doesn't come back, or doesn't come on full time (it would be unfortunate if he didn't and i'm there'd be more than one person who'd be screamin' 'jumpin' the shark'....), who else (if anyone) should join the cast??? someone new? a recurring character??? maybe even an off-worlder again!

penny for all your thoughts...

personally if they are gonna add a new cast member that's recurring, my vote goes to major davis (but i'm sure some people woulda guessed that already ).... he's already on earth, and it would make sense story-wise to have a permanent liason at the SGC.... plus he's just cool...

it will be most likely like this:

full time: MS, CJ and BB
    in 4 eps: RDA
    missing during the majority of the first half: AT
    in multiple guest appearances: DSD

Comment

My guess for regular cast: BB, MS, CJ and AT.

Maybe AT will be light in a few episodes, but I don't think she'll be completely absent. At least not for more than an episode or two.
      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

My guesses:

Regular: BB, AT, CJ, MS
        Reccurring: DSD, RDA, etc. (ie all previous recurring characters)

And yes, it is offical, Joe Mallozzi has confirmed it for us.
        Rocky

Comment

Kristen Cloke gets my vote for joining the cast. She's a versatile actress and has genre experience. She's good in the tough-as-nails roles but manages to betray vulnerabilities without weakening her character. And I really like her voice, too. Of course, she's also a mom, now, and I think she's living in San Diego, but I'd still like to see her on TV again.

Nick Lea. Can't go wrong with him no matter what the role, as far as I'm concerned.

Amaterasu, Dr. Michaels (Frozen), Satterfield... SG-1 needs more strong female roles and if Amanda is gone for a large chunk of the season, SOMEONE has to balance out all the testosterone.

Comment

Ben Browder "STARGATE SG-1" Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Don S. Davis, and Michael Shanks as Dr. Daniel Jackson...

Comment

Satterfield is now a regular on Battlestar Galactica...as a cylon spy.
              Causality should not be taken lightly.

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                it will be most likely like this:

full time: MS, CJ and BB
                in 4 eps: RDA
                missing during the majority of the first half: AT
                in multiple guest appearances: DSD
                That's what I think will happen aswell.

Comment

AT said she would only miss a few the first half, nothing big.

I think that the only other person to join might be a doctor, unless BB is the doctor.
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Originally posted by D.C.
                    Ben Browder "STARGATE SG-1" Amanda Tapping, Christopher Judge, Don S. Davis, and Michael Shanks as Dr. Daniel Jackson...

No, no, no! I love BB. I loved John Crichton. But, he's done nothing and has none of the clout to deserve being put above the title. No way, no how. TPTB might do it, but I won't be happy or silent.
                    I'm a girl! A girly girly girl!

Okay, you got me. I can't accept change. This message may look like it was typed on a computer and posted on the internet, but it is actually cave drawings delivered by smoke signals.

Naquada Enhanced Chastity Belts -SG1 edition. On sale now! Heck, I'll give them away

Daniel Jackson Appreciation and Discussion -because he's more than pretty

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=89

Daniel Jackson: The Beacon of Hope and The Man Who Opened the Stargate

Comment

Yeah, I agree with that he shouldn't be first... I say just do what Atlantis does and have the Stargate SG-1 logo towards the end of the opening credits. That's a great cast, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani347
                        No, no, no! I love BB. I loved John Crichton. But, he's done nothing and has none of the clout to deserve being put above the title. No way, no how. TPTB might do it, but I won't be happy or silent.
                        Same here, RDA has been on TV since the 70s, he has name recognition. BB is known only within the scifi community.

Comment

I think the lady who played Oma Desala will have a more recurring role on SG1 now that its getting heavy with Ancient stuff. Atleast I hope she does.

If only they'd bring back Jonas Quinn.....but I'd settle for Chriton. (Guess that means no Season 5 for FARSCAPE.)

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                          [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

has there been any other rumors at ALL about others joining the cast??? or just BB???

i HAVE to agree that although i love farscape and BB is awesome, if RDA is gone, no one should have their name alone above the title... if they DO decide to go the atlantis way and put EVERYONE above the title then that would be ok by me though

and honestly i wish they would move it back to five main characters... that's the one thing i've missed this season... with only three on SG1 (and is it just me or has it not really worked as well because they haven't gone on ENOUGH missions alone with jack left behind to play general so it just seems like SG1 is just an earth team now instead of minus a member... k, did that make any sense at all?) and jack as general, something in the show has been lacking... don't get me wrong, i'll still love it no matter what (well ok, i'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they wouldn't do anything THAT stupid....), but having just three on SG1 is not the same.....

Comment

Working...
                            X