Planets Point of Origin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planets Point of Origin

How do the teams always know the planets point of origin that they are on?

Originally posted by neoncrazy101 View Post
    How do the teams always know the planets point of origin that they are on?
    Easy...its the one unique to that stargate or DHD. There are 38 symbols that appear on every one...the one they don't recognize is the point of origin.
    Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

What about the instances where one of the 38 symbols is the PoO, for example Chulaks PoO is Serpens Caput and the original Tollan home world used the glyph Crater

There is a list of planets and their PoO’s here http://www.rdanderson.com/stargate/l...phs/glyphs.htm

In fact throughout the whole ten seasons of Stargate SG1 we have only seen 4 unique PoO

Earths Alpha (Giza) gate >o (rotated 90°)

Earths Beta (Antarctic) gate |O (rotated 90°)

Abydos PoO

P7J 989 tornado shaped PoO
      "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
      "That he is concealing something."
      "Like what?"
      "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
      "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
      "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
      "I liked that movie!"

Comment

Originally posted by Control_Chair View Post
        What about the instances where one of the 38 symbols is the PoO, for example Chulaks PoO is Serpens Caput and the original Tollan home world used the glyph Crater

There is a list of planets and their PoO’s here http://www.rdanderson.com/stargate/l...phs/glyphs.htm

In fact throughout the whole ten seasons of Stargate SG1 we have only seen 4 unique PoO

Earths Alpha (Giza) gate >o (rotated 90°)

Earths Beta (Antarctic) gate |O (rotated 90°)

Abydos PoO

P7J 989 tornado shaped PoO
        simple, before the team leaves they are told what the point of origin is, im sure that each region of space would have a corresponding PoO

oh and i always hate torando shaped poo

Comment

or is the point of origin on the DHD the middle crystal?

Comment

no thats the talk button for the stargate
            time doesn't go in a linear path like everyone thinks, time is a ball of timey wimey wibbly wobblely uh....

Google won't search for Chuck Norris because it knows you don't find Chuck Norris, he finds you.
            sigpic

Comment

Working...
            X