Intro Credits -- What the?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intro Credits -- What the?

I hadn't really paid a lot of attention to the intro credits till seeing 'Duped' a little while ago, so when I did I was a little puzzled.

There's intro credits for Pete, Myka, Artie....Lena and Dickinson? What the hell? Unless there's something major planned for her, Lena is a side character at best, and their Secret Service boss is little more than a recurring guest. More to the point, I can't wrap my head around why these two are in the intro credits and Claudia is not.

Does anyone suppose that they might be adding Allison Scagliotti to the intro credits come season 2?
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Probably. I'm thinking they had the title sequences already set in stone and didn't have the time or want to add Allison in. It can get spendy to adjust the title sequences.
    sigpic
    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

the biggest thing i noticed about them is it looked like they 'homaged' sanctuary's credits
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
        Probably. I'm thinking they had the title sequences already set in stone and didn't have the time or want to add Allison in. It can get spendy to adjust the title sequences.
        I suppose....I just have a hard time wrapping my head around how it'd be difficult to put another name in the intro credits. Seems like it would be about the bare minimum amount of work that anyone in the production staff could do.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
        the biggest thing i noticed about them is it looked like they 'homaged' sanctuary's credits
        Yeah, I thought about that too. I'm not big on the Sanctuary intro credits either
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          I suppose....I just have a hard time wrapping my head around how it'd be difficult to put another name in the intro credits. Seems like it would be about the bare minimum amount of work that anyone in the production staff could do.
          Considering what most graphic designers for the TV industry make, you'd be surprised how spendy it could be. They'd probably have to refilm the entire sequence again just to add her into it now. Chances are she'll be added in S2. The same thing happened on Farscape after kind of at the last minute, Gigi Edgely "Chiana" was added as a full cast member. She was always listed as a guest star in S1 after her first appearance.

Personally, I like both Sanctuary & WH13's opening credits.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
            Considering what most graphic designers for the TV industry make, you'd be surprised how spendy it could be. They'd probably have to refilm the entire sequence again just to add her into it now. Chances are she'll be added in S2. The same thing happened on Farscape after kind of at the last minute, Gigi Edgely "Chiana" was added as a full cast member. She was always listed as a guest star in S1 after her first appearance.

Personally, I like both Sanctuary & WH13's opening credits.
            Nice reference!
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I was wondering the same thing, but then I came to the same conclusion as SunKrux.

Personally, I wasn't too impressed with the theme music. I suppose it's okay in general, but the ending seems kind of abrupt. Maybe I've been spoiled by the SG and ST credits.
              || twitter || tumblr ||

Comment

Dunno why Lena and Dickinson are in the main credits since, to the best of my knowledge, they were never intended to be anything other than bit players. As for Claudia... *shrug* Yeah, maybe she'll get added in on S2, though it would have been weird to have her in the opening credits before her character had been introduced.

As for the "homage" to Sanctuary's credits... I wasn't aware that Sanctuary had done anything tremendously unique. I'd have said that BOTH shows had somewhat generic opening sequences. They're nicely crafted together, I'm sure, but hardly revolutionary. Can I list off a bunch of shows that use similar techniques? No, because to be perfectly honest I don't pay that much attention to them. Although Now & Again springs to mind... I know there was a focus on DaVinci's drawings with overlays and stuff, but it's been too many years for me to remember the specifics. *sigh*

Opening credits tend to be my time to grab a snack.

Comment

I like the credits, except for the end. It's seems....abrupt.
                  If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                  Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                  If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                  Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

It seems that the images they've put in the credits are clues to what artifacts we get to see over the course of the season.
                    I definitely noticed a disappearing sword in them.
                    Spoiler:
                    Canceling SGU and letting the cast find out via twitter?

image from: http://www.capricatimes.com/imagine-less-web-banners

sigpic

Comment

did the opening credits change for this last episode?
                      usually there's a shot of a bit of moon rock and I'm sure that bit was replaced with something else, gotta g back and look me thinks...

Comment

I would definitely say it's weird that the secret service boss was in the opening credit, not so much Leena. Though if Claudia isn't in the opening credits, I guess Leena shouldn't be either. S2 will be updated, for sure.

Perfecto!

Comment

Originally posted by Major_Griff View Post
                          I would definitely say it's weird that the secret service boss was in the opening credit, not so much Leena. Though if Claudia isn't in the opening credits, I guess Leena shouldn't be either. S2 will be updated, for sure.
                          We probably could attribute that Claudia wasn't in the main credits because she didn't appear into episode 4. Allison Scaplagatti has confirmed via Twitter that she will be in the main credits next semester
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                            did the opening credits change for this last episode?
                            usually there's a shot of a bit of moon rock and I'm sure that bit was replaced with something else, gotta g back and look me thinks...
                            I want to know what that rock does.
                            Can ye tell me why th' pirate jokes are so funny?

Because they Arrrrrrr.

Comment

Working...
                            X