This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you like to see in S5?

What I've seen until now makes me think we're in for a great season 5. Since it's supposed to be the last in Kripke's epic story arc, here's the question: What would you like to see in the upcoming episodes? Any characters you'd like to see again? Any special scenes or moments for the boys? Any unresolved issues you'd like settled?

Personally, I have a few questions I'd like to have answers to.

What is the significance behind Dean's pendant?

Is the boy from The Kids are alright really NOT Dean's son?

Why did Jessica's ghost appear to Sam - I think it was in Heart?

That's all I can think of now, but I'm sure there'll be others.

sigpic
    Check out my SGA and Fringe fanfics on fanfiction.net

Well nothing specific comes to mind, atm. I'm just kind of along for the ride in season 5. I still haven't seen the last 4 episodes of season 4.

No characters I'd like to see again cuz some of the ones I really liked are dead...like YED and Andy. Spoiler for someone coming back in S5....
    Spoiler:
    I'm not really looking forward to them bringing back Meg because they obviously can't have Nicki Aycox back to play her, and she played that role really well. She is Meg for me. I didn't like the switch in actresses for Ruby.

What is the significance behind Dean's pendant?
    I wondered that too until I finally saw A Very SPN Christmas...which is one of my absolute favorite episodes. I don't really think there is anymore to it than what was presented in that episode...it simply holds great sentimental value for Dean rather than some kind of actual mojo like Bobby told Sam it did. I guess they could reveal something else about it, but what it represents to Dean is really all that I care about.

Is the boy from The Kids are alright really NOT Dean's son?
    I'm going with what the episode said. Though I suppose they could revisit that.

Why did Jessica's ghost appear to Sam - I think it was in Heart?
    The only time I remember him seeing her was in S1's Bloody Mary when he was feeling guilty about seeing her death before hand and not doing/saying anything about it. I'm not really sure that was her actual ghost but just the guilt Sam put on himself. That was the secret he was hiding and him "seeing" her was to imply that since he didn't tell Dean about the dreams until a later episode.
    IMO always implied.

Comment

I thought that I read in the season 1 companion book or something that Eric Kripke said there was something specific that DEAN was hiding that made HIS eyes bleed in Bloody Mary. I would like to know what that was.

I suppose this wouldn't count as something I'd like to SEE, more hear: I would like the show to be given enough of a budget this year that they don't have to cut corners by cutting down the classic rock. That's annoying to me that they can't get enugh funds to cover something so basic, but so important to the tone of the show.

I'd like to see less (read: zero) of the Ghostfacers. I thought their episodes were fine, but they've served their purpose for me and any more would just be obnoxious.

And naturally, I'd give anything to see John Winchester....but only if he is played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan. However, I know that his schedule is what's stopped him so far, and if you look him up on IMDB, I don't think he'll have any more free time this season than he has in the past. He is a busy busy man.

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
        I thought that I read in the season 1 companion book or something that Eric Kripke said there was something specific that DEAN was hiding that made HIS eyes bleed in Bloody Mary. I would like to know what that was.

I suppose this wouldn't count as something I'd like to SEE, more hear: I would like the show to be given enough of a budget this year that they don't have to cut corners by cutting down the classic rock. That's annoying to me that they can't get enugh funds to cover something so basic, but so important to the tone of the show.

I'd like to see less (read: zero) of the Ghostfacers. I thought their episodes were fine, but they've served their purpose for me and any more would just be obnoxious.

And naturally, I'd give anything to see John Winchester....but only if he is played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan. However, I know that his schedule is what's stopped him so far, and if you look him up on IMDB, I don't think he'll have any more free time this season than he has in the past. He is a busy busy man.
        Agree with you on all counts. As for point 2 - OMG, has it really come to this? Those CW execs deserve to be SHOT.

Andron posted the link to a Jensen interview in a French mag, and one of the questions was:

Series Mag : What kind of episode would you like the writers to write ?

Jensen : An episode that would take place in the far west ! A real western ! Kind of like John Ford’s type ! But with demons instead of Indians ! There’s a whole mythology surrounding the weapon created by Colt so the writers could definitely send Sam & Dean in the past ! The advantage of playing in Supernatural is the fact that everything’s possible ! I really hope to see the brothers riding horses to chase demons before the end of the series !

Now, that I would like to see!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starg8fans View Post
          Andron posted the link to a Jensen interview in a French mag, and one of the questions was:

Series Mag : What kind of episode would you like the writers to write ?

Jensen : An episode that would take place in the far west ! A real western ! Kind of like John Ford’s type ! But with demons instead of Indians ! There’s a whole mythology surrounding the weapon created by Colt so the writers could definitely send Sam & Dean in the past ! The advantage of playing in Supernatural is the fact that everything’s possible ! I really hope to see the brothers riding horses to chase demons before the end of the series !

Now, that I would like to see!
          As would I! A full on western episode would be just awesome!
          Wasn't there once talk about a possible Supernatural spinoff show about Samuel Colt? I'd like to see that too!
          sigpic
          My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
            As would I! A full on western episode would be just awesome!
            Wasn't there once talk about a possible Supernatural spinoff show about Samuel Colt? I'd like to see that too!
            For just about every other show I'd be hesitant to wish for an AU Western episode, because they can turn out really bad. But I'd love to see Kripke's take on it.

That would be a fantastic spin-off. I'm not a big TV watcher, so I'm definitely no expert, but I don't think there's been a western show for like... forever? I remember when I grew up, there were dozens of them - Bonanza, The Virginian, Big Valley, Gunsmoke. Maybe Brokeback Mountain has scared all the writers, producers etc. away?

sigpic

Comment

I heard that while Kripke originally intended the show to last for 5 seasons, there's a strong possibility that additional seasons will continue Supernatural beyond this current Saga (Seasons 1-5) according to an interview i read (I think it was on IGN)

A spinoff with Colt would be insanely cool!

Anybody remember Daddy?! Seriously if this is to be the last Season then TPTB def. need to be bring Papa Hunter back for one last Hurrah/Battle/Sacrifice! This is the mother of all requests I have for S5. From what I've read it's shaping up to be a wicked Season. Man I loved the recent trailer!
              Sheppard: ..."You guys do have names, right?"
              ..."Let me guess ... Steve?"
              <He was cool..for a Wraith!>

Comment

Originally posted by StevetheWraith! View Post
                I heard that while Kripke originally intended the show to last for 5 seasons, there's a strong possibility that additional seasons will continue Supernatural beyond this current Saga (Seasons 1-5) according to an interview i read (I think it was on IGN)

A spinoff with Colt would be insanely cool!

Anybody remember Daddy?! Seriously if this is to be the last Season then TPTB def. need to be bring Papa Hunter back for one last Hurrah/Battle/Sacrifice! This is the mother of all requests I have for S5. From what I've read it's shaping up to be a wicked Season. Man I loved the recent trailer!
                Yup, a sixth season is a possibility now, and I'm thrilled to hear it.

They're trying to bring JDM back, Kripke said they'd love to have him, but he's so insanely busy with other movies and shows that it's a question of scheduling. But I'm right there with you, that's another loose end that needs tying up. John escaped from hell when the devil's gate opened, but where is his spirit now? He couldn't just have dissolved into thin air, could he? That would be a pretty weak ending for such a great character.

sigpic

Comment

Another small point I would like covered (after watching Lucifer Rising again last night). I want it to be said, or at least implied that:
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam knows that phone message from "Dean" wasn't him

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel View Post
                    Another small point I would like covered (after watching Lucifer Rising again last night). I want it to be said, or at least implied that:
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam knows that phone message from "Dean" wasn't him
                    That's a good one. You're right, there's one more unresolved issue. I'm pretty sure it will be addressed, because Kripke said S5 will be about reconciling the two brothers.

Oh, and one more thing. I would like to see the trickster again. His last (rather cryptic) words to Sam in Mystery Spot were:

TRICKSTER: I swear, it's like talking to a brick wall. Okay, look, this all stopped being fun months ago. You're Travis Bickle in a skirt pal, I'm over it.

SAM: Meaning what?

TRICKSTER: Meaning that's for me to know, and you to find out.

I had to google that name to find out that this is the main character in Taxi Driver. But even now I'm confused.
                    Last edited by starg8fans; 06 September 2009, 07:28 PM.

sigpic

Comment

That's a good one. You're right, there's one more unresolved issue. I'm pretty sure it will be addressed, because Kripke said S5 will be about reconciling the two brothers.

Oh, and one more thing. I would like to see the trickster again. His last (rather cryptic) words to Sam in Mystery Spot were:

TRICKSTER: I swear, it's like talking to a brick wall. Okay, look, this all stopped being fun months ago. You're Travis Bickle in a skirt pal, I'm over it.

I had to google that name to find out that this is the main character in Taxi Driver. But even now I'm confused.
                      The trickster will be back http://huntersaddict.wordpress.com/2...ess-whos-back/
                      sigpic
                      My short movie "Red Bag" / The Scifi Guys Podcast / My Twitter account

Comment

Originally posted by Andron View Post
                        Thanks for this, Andron! That was quick confirmation. And the ComiCon report was interesting too, since it confirmed that they will reveal who changed Dean's message on Sam's phone. It's funny, I always assumed it was
                        Spoiler:
                        Zach
                        , but there were other factions who wanted to drive a wedge between the brothers - and
                        Spoiler:
                        Ruby was taunting Sam, trying to get him to listen to it...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Crichiel
                          Now that I'd like answered, and I think they might eventually get around to that.

Have you ever watched Taxi Driver? That is one bizarre movie...though I suppose that's par for 70s movies. lol.

Best I can get from that is that Sam had become so fixated on the Trickster that it became down right scary as evident by his actions and even the Trickster didn't quite find that amusing anymore.

DeNiro's character in Taxi Driver was a socially inept loner who became fixated on things he viewed as wrong and turned into a lunatic eventually resorting to murder and then attempting to kill himself. Heh, though at the end of the movie he was heralded as a hero because the people he murdered were scum, but no one knew just how crazy Bickle really was.

Anyway I think it was a hint as to Sam's future fixation on Lilith and the path of destruction he would resort to to get his revenge.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                            Now that I'd like answered, and I think they might eventually get around to that.
                            That's right, that was bugging me no end as well!

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                            Have you ever watched Taxi Driver? That is one bizarre movie...though I suppose that's par for 70s movies. lol.

Best I can get from that is that Sam had become so fixated on the Trickster that it became down right scary as evident by his actions and even the Trickster didn't quite find that amusing anymore.

DeNiro's character in Taxi Driver was a socially inept loner who became fixated on things he viewed as wrong and turned into a lunatic eventually resorting to murder and then attempting to kill himself. Heh, though at the end of the movie he was heralded as a hero because the people he murdered were scum, but no one knew just how crazy Bickle really was.

Anyway I think it was a hint as to Sam's future fixation on Lilith and the path of destruction he would resort to to get his revenge.
                            No, never watched it - and after your description I don't think I want to. Psychos on killing sprees is not really my thing.

Your argument makes a lot of sense, Sam's single mindedness in going after Lilith, disregarding all arguments. And the fact that Bickle was made into a hero although he was doing something horrible, that sounds like a parallel to Sam freeing Lucifer. He's certainly a hero to the demon world now. If the Trickster was warning him against going down that path, it means that he's not pro-Lucifer. So he could be a possible ally for them in S5. That would be a change. Don't quite get the reference to the skirt, though.

sigpic

Comment

No, never watched it - and after your description I don't think I want to. Psychos on killing sprees is not really my thing.
                              It's a very weird movie, imo, but it gets referenced a lot. I had never seen it either until a couple of months ago...so now finally I can get those references. It's infamous for being connected to John Hinckley, Jr. who tried to assassinate President Reagan in '81 in order to impress Jodie Foster who was in Taxi Driver.

Your argument makes a lot of sense, Sam's single mindedness in going after Lilith, disregarding all arguments. And the fact that Bickle was made into a hero although he was doing something horrible, that sounds like a parallel to Sam freeing Lucifer. He's certainly a hero to the demon world now. If the Trickster was warning him against going down that path, it means that he's not pro-Lucifer. So he could be a possible ally for them in S5. That would be a change. Don't quite get the reference to the skirt, though.
                              I never really viewed the Trickster as an outright bad guy so yeah I agree with you there. He might serve as an ally when they run across him again.

As to the reference to the skirt...my take...the show uses Sam as the butt of a joke, calling into question his masculinity. That was just another one. Dean can get away with the girl jokes about Sam, but it's a bit overboard, imo, when other characters get in on the act.
                              Last edited by LoneStar1836; 15 September 2009, 04:56 PM. Reason: sp. doh!
                              IMO always implied.

Comment

Working...
                              X