Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dakara 'weapon'

im posting this here but i also posted it in the science and tech section

ok. the dakara super weapon was created before the ancients left for the pegasus galaxy and was used to seed new life in the milky way after the ancient plague. (therefore it is in existence before pegasus becomes populated and the emergence of the wraith altogether.)
    how come then that they did not employ the device to simply destroy the wraith? i mean they had the means to reach the planet either through the stargate or by ship, obvioussly had the knowledge of how to use it, and being the gate builders themselves could have created a program like the one created in sg:1 to dial all gates and so encompass the entire pegasus galaxy... hmm re-reading that i see that issues may arise in respect to dialling pegasus gates from the milky way but like i said, the gate builders themselves.
    if the above is not possible then why not, and forgive me for stating the obvious now, just bloody build a new one in pegasus? boom job done no more wraith.

ladies and gentleman any thoughts?

Well, it's quite possible that they couldn't configure the weapon precisely enough to kill only Wraith and not humans. Thus, any attempt to use it against the Wraith would result in the galaxy-wide extermination of Pegasus's human inhabitants as well.
    "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
    - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
    - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
    - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

I have thought about this too, The Dakara super weapon produces an energy wave that reduces organic matter to its basic molecular components, and wrath ships are grown from organic matter so activating the weapon wouldn’t only kill any Wraith on board a ship but completely destroy the ship as well.

My idea was to build a version of the weapon into a ship so it is mobile. The ship could open up to reveal the weapon (kind of like Anubis‘s super weapon ship) and release the energy wave destroying any Wraith ships within the vicinity. However you would have to be careful not to activate the weapon near any inhabited planets otherwise the human populations would be destroyed as well. I thought this could be explored in SGA with the Asurians building such a weapon with the aim of wiping out the wraith and human populations of the Pegasus galaxy in one go, so they could spread out and dominate the galaxy, but unfortunately they were destroyed when McKay blew Asuras up.

As for the Ancients not trying I agree that the weapon probably couldn’t be programmed to distinguish between wraith and humans as they are fairly similar.
      "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
      "That he is concealing something."
      "Like what?"
      "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
      "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
      "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
      "I liked that movie!"

Comment

One problem with your idea is that, for the weapon to affect the wraith, the wraith would have to close enough to a planet with a stargate. Any Wraith in deep space or orbiting a planet without a stargate would survive and though the wraith would probibly be severly weakened, they would still exist and could return.

One weapon that should have been used IMO is the Attero device. yes it caused active stargates to blow up, but couldn't the Lanteans have created a variant of the avenger 2.0 virus to shut down all stargates until the wriath problem is finished. Its these examples that shows the Lanteans lack of imagination and the ability to think outside the box.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Not all wraith live on planets with gates...so you wouldn't be able to wipe them all out.

As for how the 'weapon' works, I think it is more like a large scale synthesis device that can be reprogramed to 'unsynthesize' or deconstruct matter in the same method.

As for how it 'recreated life' in the milky way...I suspect it created pods of some sort that then grew into and produced primitive adult humans. The whole 'evolution' from amino acids ploy just isn't viable...you would end up with something completely different and definitely not human because of the 'randomness factor'.

Now, for the dialing all gates at once...as far as I can deduce that is simply not possible. The gates connect one wormhole between them, multiple ones doesn't make sense. Also, the small energy wave that passes through the stargate isn't enough to expand and cover a planet...let alone being divided among thousands of planets.

While the nature of the Dakara device is explainable, the dialing all gates is not. This is one of the biggest writing flaws in the series, and after several seasons of experience it is one that they should have been wise enough to avoid...yet they didn't.

For crying out loud, post the idea in this forum and you'd have problems with it within a few hours. For the life of me I can't figure out how they legitimately thought it would work.
          Stargate: ROTA wiki

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post
            Not all wraith live on planets with gates...so you wouldn't be able to wipe them all out.

As for how the 'weapon' works, I think it is more like a large scale synthesis device that can be reprogramed to 'unsynthesize' or deconstruct matter in the same method.

As for how it 'recreated life' in the milky way...I suspect it created pods of some sort that then grew into and produced primitive adult humans. The whole 'evolution' from amino acids ploy just isn't viable...you would end up with something completely different and definitely not human because of the 'randomness factor'.

Now, for the dialing all gates at once...as far as I can deduce that is simply not possible. The gates connect one wormhole between them, multiple ones doesn't make sense. Also, the small energy wave that passes through the stargate isn't enough to expand and cover a planet...let alone being divided among thousands of planets.

While the nature of the Dakara device is explainable, the dialing all gates is not. This is one of the biggest writing flaws in the series, and after several seasons of experience it is one that they should have been wise enough to avoid...yet they didn't.

For crying out loud, post the idea in this forum and you'd have problems with it within a few hours. For the life of me I can't figure out how they legitimately thought it would work.
            the gates are all pretty much connected through subspace, im guessing that energy is much easier to transfer than matter through a wormhole, diallign multiple gates would work like connecting to a computer network to transfer the energy wave out, also maybe the gate magnifies the wave

Comment

Originally posted by Aer'ki View Post

Good point. I think that Carter and Ba’al modified the correlative update program in Dakaras DHD, but the correlative update program works by one stargate dialling is next two nearest neighbours and transmitting the new data (along with the Avenger computer virus) to those two gates, which then dial another two gates and so on, until the whole network has been updated. However this requires the stargates to shut down and then dial the next gates. The way it is implied in the show is that the Dakara gate somehow dialled every other gate in the MW at once, which from what we now about how gates work (establishing a wormhole between 2 gates) is fundamentally impossible.
              "So, what's your impression of Alar?"
              "That he is concealing something."
              "Like what?"
              "I am unsure. He is concealing it."

"Well, according to Einstein’s General Theory of Relativity, there’s nothing in the laws of physics to prevent it. Extremely difficult to achieve, mind you – you need the technology to manipulate black holes to create wormholes not only through points in space but time."
              "Not to mention a really nice DeLorean."
              "Don’t even get me started on that movie!"
              "I liked that movie!"

Comment

now i might be wrong because i haven't watched the episodes in awhile but, doesn't the anti-replicator weapon work in a similar way as the dakara device?also if i remember correctly, Mckay mention that Area 51 was developing anti-replicator satellite's and i believe Thor had a ship based anti-replicator weapon...

now if they could develop a ship based anti-replicator weapon, reprogram it to disassemble organic matter, mount it on a 304 and fire it at a hive, it wouldn't matter if the radiation couldn't reach the Wraith inside that hive...because the ship would be disassembled on a molecular level around them seeing as they are organic based...

Comment

If I remember correctly, they can configure it for organic or non-organic material, like the replicators. Can they programme it with enough finesse to single out seperate organic configurations?
                  sigpic
                  385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

The Dakara Weapon (as far a i know) cannot be tuned to a specific modulation that will break apart specific organic cells, and is limited to "Organic" "Non-Organic" and therefore could not be a liable "Anit-Wraith" weapon.
                    And as for the creation of life, the Ancients more than likely had some sort of genetic Profile that they used or something, and created life at an accelerated rate than normal. Or something lol.

And as for the multiple gates thing.
                    I tend to think of it as conferencing. One gate dials all of the gates stored on the network. Which technically is possible, as all gates need to have the same amount and type of "Glyphs" on them so that other gates can connect with them and that gate can contact them as well. So connection to all gates would be the equivalent of mashing your hand on the DHD lol. But technically it is possible but would require a lot more power than the gates normally use (guess) as they would be all connecting to one point in space instead of all connecting to one another (Multiple points in space). So the information sent in or out would only come from one gate (Dakara)
                    In my mind this resembles a worm farm, how they dig multiple tunnels that all go to the same point (in one way or another)

Also this is may not makes sconce as i am writing this when i have been up for about 24 hours maybe more i lost track of time...
                    sigpic

Comment

If you are willing to risk the lives of humans in the vecinity of the wraith you intend to destroy then yes the Dakara device could be used as a viable weapon against the Wraith. Yes the Dakara device could be mounted on a ship. Yes the Dakara device can cover the entire surface of a planet even through a gate Aer'ki. Finally yes you can dial every gate at once but something tricky happens. When you dail every gate at once you get a subspace connection but no wormwhole because wormwholes go from one point to another not several other points. So you dial, the gates create a event horrizons but since no wormhole is formed you cannot send through solid matter. You send the energy or signal through the event horrizon then the information is sent through the gate subspace network to the other gates which create the energy or signal on the other side. I hope I've answered all your questions and please feel free to ask any more you may have.

Comment

Working...
                      X