Pilot (101)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot (101)

In the two-hour series pilot, Secret Service agents Peter Lattimer (McClintock) and Myka Bering (Kelly) are reassigned by the mysterious Mrs. Frederick (Pounder) to a top-secret facility in South Dakota. Now reluctantly joining the quirky Artie Nielsen (Rubinek) as "gatherers and protectors" of empowered and potentially dangerous objects, Lattimer and Bering investigate a report of domestic abuse in Iowa and discover a small town lawyer (Sherry Miller) who is channeling Lucretia Borgia. The pilot episode is counted as a single episode, not two as television pilots often are.

Well, I'd never heard of this show before a couple of days ago...and then I saw the folder appear. So I thought, "Huh, I'll go hunt down the pilot and see what it's about".

Turns out I like it.

Artie's line, "I like to think of it as 'America's Attic'" is my favourite so far.
    And the steampunkish interior of the Warehouse, and some of its technology, is pretty cool. Haven't finished the pilot yet, though, I'll be back...

I'd also like to nominate Myka's "You open it. I don't want another ferret or whatever..."
    Last edited by Alder; 27 August 2009, 06:31 AM.

Comment

I see you've made a heap of episode discussion threads....

I really think the pilot should be listed as 101-102. It's a 13 episode order, and when it re-airs it'll be in 2 parts rather than a 2hr timeslot.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

i cant say i agree with that dude :/
        what?

i dont bite. .. .

hard

Comment

Then how do you number it when it re-airs in two parts? 101 and 101.5?
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            I see you've made a heap of episode discussion threads....

I really think the pilot should be listed as 101-102. It's a 13 episode order, and when it re-airs it'll be in 2 parts rather than a 2hr timeslot.
            I agree. That latest thread should be episode 11 discussion, not 10.
            Science Fiction is an existential metaphor; it allows us to tell stories about the human condition.

Isaac Asimov once said individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence has become crucial to our salvation if we are to be saved at all.

[/QUOTE]

SENFORUMS.com

Comment

Originally posted by MB.Eddie View Post
              I agree. That latest thread should be episode 11 discussion, not 10.
              I'm not sure I agree with you there It aired again tonight on a SyFy catchup thingy as the 2 hour episode, and I'm hoping it stays that way I think it would lose its effect a little as two seperate eps.
              sigpic

Comment

I just got started on this series and I love it!!! It is awesome!!
                sigpic

Comment

I think I am going to love this show! Mika was a little annoying at first but she is getting better.
                  sigpic

Comment

It's MYka and I've never found her annoying. But then she's my fav. Glad you're enjoying the show.
                    sigpic
                    I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

oops sorry! I have a friend and she spells it Mika. On eppy two now and loving it
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mrscopterdoc View Post
                        oops sorry! I have a friend and she spells it Mika. On eppy two now and loving it
                        Enjoy and don't mind me nitpicking...I do that when it's a fav character/show of mine. WH13 is the show & Myka is the character. She really is a great character.
                        sigpic

Comment

I loved it one of the better pilots I've seen. I loved the ball gag.

Overall 8/10
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

So, I have finally seen the pilot and I really enjoyed it. Loved the ferret and the ball bit a lot.
                            I'm pretty sure I'm going to like that show.

It's a little sad that there are not more people here to discuss that show, I think it earns a little more attention.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sanctuary girl View Post
                              So, I have finally seen the pilot and I really enjoyed it. Loved the ferret and the ball bit a lot.
                              I'm pretty sure I'm going to like that show.

It's a little sad that there are not more people here to discuss that show, I think it earns a little more attention.
                              Have you checked out the whole subforum? There are quite a few people here who talk about the show. It's just that right now the show isn't on air in the US as S2 finished for the US back in September and it's nearly finished the S2 run in the UK I believe. Then in a day, the US gets the Holiday special so there will be some talk then. After that, we'll have to wait until July for S3 to start.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X