X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ancients Lifespan?

How long can they live?

I ask because it would be an interesting story if SG1 found a group of ancients living on earth amongst Humans.

(Like Seth did sort of.. expect not exploiting us)

It's never been determined in the show, so nobody knows.
    Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

Spoiler

Dr. Beckett said that they live in "optimum health for a very, very long time" after giving Chaya Sar a check-up" granted at the time he assumed she was human. which the ancients essentially are phisiologically. (Just farther up the evolutionary ladder.)

So based on that statement. I figure they have a lifespan similar to that of the nox. which is in the hundreds of years. maybe 200 years? 300 MAYBE but who knows if that's really stretching. but 200 doesnt seem unbelievable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarnin
        It's never been determined in the show, so nobody knows.
        While it has not and since they are similiar to us, I assume that their lifespan is similiar to ours, IMO.

Comment

I figure they have a lifespan similar to that of the nox. which is in the hundreds of years. maybe 200 years? 300 MAYBE but who knows if that's really stretching. but 200 doesnt seem unbelievable to me.
          The Nox are about as human as the ancients are.

Opher of the Nox was 432 years old. Opher seemed to be about 60 or so in Earth years, so he probably has another 40-50% of his life to live. That would give them an estimated lifespan of about 700-800 years.

The ancients lifespan would probably be about the same, hypothetically speaking.
          Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

I hypothetically love you.

Comment

Sort off off the topic.. I read a news report a few weeks ago that said by 2020 medicin would be so advanced that it would be customised for each person and we would be given drugs/supplements whatever that would expend the average life of a peron to 140 years.

Thanks for replies

Comment

Now, I'd like to mention something that has SPOILERS.
                Spoiler:
                Chaya Sar and other ancients are now known to not have any disease, birth defects or any such abnormalities. Our bodies can live with our current diseases an average of.. 80 years or so. Since the Ancients have no disease, regeneration technology AND biological properties, stasis tech and other enhancements, it's reasonable to say that although they may not be much more physically stronger than humans, they are definitely able to live a non-violent lifespan for many, MANY years.
                Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                  Now, I'd like to mention something that has SPOILERS.
                  Spoiler:
                  Chaya Sar and other ancients are now known to not have any disease, birth defects or any such abnormalities. Our bodies can live with our current diseases an average of.. 80 years or so. Since the Ancients have no disease, regeneration technology AND biological properties, stasis tech and other enhancements, it's reasonable to say that although they may not be much more physically stronger than humans, they are definitely able to live a non-violent lifespan for many, MANY years.
                  chaya was ascended so that was a reason and as for her kind on the plaent they never really know so ur guessing here and ur doing a bad job of it too
                  come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

I was jsut about say that your to fast keppiezbt, chaya is
                    Spoiler:
                    ascended anceints so they can live forever
                    "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Alpha17X
                      Spoiler

Dr. Beckett said that they live in "optimum health for a very, very long time" after giving Chaya Sar a check-up" granted at the time he assumed she was human. which the ancients essentially are phisiologically. (Just farther up the evolutionary ladder.)

So based on that statement. I figure they have a lifespan similar to that of the nox. which is in the hundreds of years. maybe 200 years? 300 MAYBE but who knows if that's really stretching. but 200 doesnt seem unbelievable to me.
                      That episode hasn't aired in the US yet, but your post makes a lot of sense is logical. I think you're right, probably a few hundred or more years. If we use Star Trek as a guide, humans gained many years of lifespan due to advanced medical technology. Uhura, McCoy, and a few others lived to 120-150 years. Dr. Noonien Soong was also up there, around 150, if I recall.

If humans can live that long through enhanced genes and medical tech, just think how long they could live with Ancient technology and powers. Maybe a thousand years? Of course, the Goa'uld and Wraith are still longer lived species.

Comment

Nearly copied thoughts I've posted before:

Ancients possess technology superior to the Goa'uld sarcophagus, and with their advanced immune and healing abilities they should live more than 10,000 years. I assume they can also transfer the minds of their people to new bodies, and still reproduce sexually to keep genetic diversity.

Keyword: Should.
                        The Gou'ald can live more than 10,000 years on knock-off technology, and also naturally possess accelerated healing and immune systems. Unless that last part is due to being with a host body, combining health?

Comment

Originally posted by keppiezbt
                          chaya was ascended so that was a reason and as for her kind on the plaent they never really know so ur guessing here and ur doing a bad job of it too
                          I'm sorry, I forgot to mention the part where Aiyana had no sickness whatsoever that affected her. Not only that, but Chaya isn't the only one who has optimal health, her people are the same too.
                          Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                            Chaya isn't the only one who has optimal health, her people are the same too.
                            That's just what she said, in order to appear like a normal person from that planet. In truth, we don't know.

Originally posted by aeroe
                            The Gou'ald can live more than 10,000 years on knock-off technology
                            Actually yes, that's a really good point.. Given that, I find it hard to imagine that Ancients ever allowed themselves to die naturally (except if they wanted to, I suppose)...
                            The Unknown James

Comment

Opher was 432 Nox years old. We don't know how long a year on the Nox planet is compared to a year on earth.

Comment

Working...
                              X