PDA

View Full Version : Warehouse 13 Season 2 - Hopes/Fears/Predictions (contains season 1 spoilers)

Madwelshboy
August 23rd, 2009, 12:07 AM
With the recent news of the renwal for season 2:

Warehouse 13 - Renewed for 2nd Season

According to Variety Syfy has re-upped Warehouse 13 for a second season.

This new show, about Secret Service agents who look into "missing and newly found supernatural objects is the most-watched show in Syfy's 17-year history, averaging 3.7 million viewers a week and 1.4 million in the 18-49 demo."

Nobody is really surprised at this news as the show has performed so well. In fact, among women it has about 50% female viewership. Currently, 13 episodes have been ordered for the second season but those numbers could go up for future ones.

"We took a look at doing 20 episodes, but for logistic and financial reasons, it didn't make sense to do that right now, but I wouldn't rule it out," stated Syfy president Dave Howe.

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2009/08/warehouse-13-renewed-for-2nd-season.html

This thread is to discusses your hopes, fears and predicitons for the shows 2nd season.

DigiFluid
August 23rd, 2009, 12:13 AM
I'm actually very happy that it's a 13 episode season. A lot of shows suffer when faced with having to write a significantly larger number of scripts per season.

I'd like to see some Sci Fi staple guest stars in the way that Dollhouse is getting a few next year.

Also, REALLY would like to see more Claudia ;):D

Madwelshboy
August 23rd, 2009, 01:00 AM
I'm actually very happy that it's a 13 episode season. A lot of shows suffer when faced with having to write a significantly larger number of scripts per season.

Agreed.

I'd like to see some Sci Fi staple guest stars in the way that Dollhouse is getting a few next year.

Well they've has some in season one with the likes of Tricia Helfer and Joe Flannigan. My biggest issue, so far has been when they have had familiar faces they really haven't utilized them to well. So if they go for more familiar faces in season 2, i hope the work them better into the episodes.

Also, REALLY would like to see more Claudia ;):D

:indeed:

DigiFluid
August 23rd, 2009, 01:07 AM
I'm not sure I totally agree with you on guest stars. I felt that Tricia Helfer worked very well in the story she guested in, she was a good fit as a guest who didn't steal the thunder of the series stars.

Joe Flanigan's appearance IMO, just went to show that maybe he's not an especially versatile actor. He worked very well as Sheppard, but I'm starting to suspect that maybe that's because the writers wrote the role around JF rather than him acting to a script.

...more guest appearances would resolve this discussion easily, wouldn't it? :D

Madwelshboy
August 23rd, 2009, 02:04 AM
I'm not sure I totally agree with you on guest stars. I felt that Tricia Helfer worked very well in the story she guested in, she was a good fit as a guest who didn't steal the thunder of the series stars.

Joe Flanigan's appearance IMO, just went to show that maybe he's not an especially versatile actor. He worked very well as Sheppard, but I'm starting to suspect that maybe that's because the writers wrote the role around JF rather than him acting to a script.

...more guest appearances would resolve this discussion easily, wouldn't it? :D

I agree its important for the guest not to overshadow the stars, but if you have a known guest you want to use them rather than wallpaper which is how it felt IMO in the case of TH. Its not impossible to write your guest in a way that still gets the most out of them without putting given them the spotlight. Granted this was back in episode 2 and that its very important to establish the show and the cast based on their own merits. So I'm hopefully in when it comes to season 2, they'll find a good balance with this, since they've had a season 2 establish themselves.

I do agree with what you said about JF.

knowles2
August 24th, 2009, 01:30 PM
Personally I like them to not to use so many guest stars. New characters to get to know if you not always thinking about the old characters they use to play.

the fifth man
August 24th, 2009, 06:14 PM
Personally, I like this show using guest stars from past SyFy shows. I hope it continues every now and then.

Lythisrose
August 24th, 2009, 08:09 PM
Personally I like them to not to use so many guest stars. New characters to get to know if you not always thinking about the old characters they use to play.

Personally, I like this show using guest stars from past SyFy shows. I hope it continues every now and then.

The only reason I even tuned in to Warehouse in the first place was to see Joe Flanigan in that episode. And then I decided to keep watching the show. So, at least for one fan, the guest casting worked.
And I thought JF's performance was the best thing about that particular episode, I hope they bring him back next season for an appearance.
(sure didn't hurt the ratings, did it? ;))

knowles2
August 26th, 2009, 05:28 AM
I would not mind guest stars later on in the series but I just it should build up it own fan base first, and then bring in the guest stars later on, may be in the second season. I just do not want it to become every episode there someone from Stargate or star trek or buffy or some other scifi/syfy show.

the fifth man
August 26th, 2009, 05:04 PM
I would not mind guest stars later on in the series but I just it should build up it own fan base first, and then bring in the guest stars later on may be in the second season. I just do not want it become every episode there someone from Stargate or star trek or buffy or some other show.

I don't think we have to worry about it becoming something that happens in almost every episode. A few a season would be fine with me.

leeman15251
August 27th, 2009, 10:05 AM
I think having some well known guest not just well known to scifi fans, but to people that may not watch much scifi but wants to see that person.

LadyNRA
September 21st, 2009, 11:48 AM
Personally, I'd like to see more of their backstories, particularly Artie's, Leena's, Mrs. Frederic, etc. :weir:

the fifth man
September 21st, 2009, 06:15 PM
Personally, I'd like to see more of their backstories, particularly Artie's, Leena's, Mrs. Frederic, etc. :weir:

That would be nice. Hopefully at least some is touched on next season.

Major_Griff
September 24th, 2009, 12:31 PM
It would be really cool if they got Patrick Stewart to guest star. But I guess that's probably not possible.

I just hope that
(Spoilers for season finale)
Leena is revelaled to have been under the influence of an artifact.

Tawny
September 24th, 2009, 03:27 PM
I just hope that
(Spoilers for season finale)
Leena is revelaled to have been under the influence of an artifact.

And that
they realise it wasn't Claudia that was messing things up. I think I'm waay to attached to her character for her to be made out to be all eebil :)

the fifth man
September 24th, 2009, 06:25 PM
Everyone seems to be forgetting, also, that hopefully Artie survived.

Spimman
September 25th, 2009, 05:08 AM
So Warehouse 13 has the highest ratings of any SyFy show ever and it doesn't make sense to make more than 13 episodes for financial reasons? Anyone else find that statement odd?

I'm fine with a shorter season, but the logic there is a little off. I'm hoping they up it to between 16-18 episodes though...still shorter than average, but I wish I had a couple more episodes!

Spimman
September 25th, 2009, 05:10 AM
I'm hoping to see the Warehouse people use more Artifacts during season 2, and maybe start planting seeds of some sort of kabal(sp?) that collects artifacts for evil!

jelgate
September 25th, 2009, 11:39 AM
I'm hoping to see the Warehouse people use more Artifacts during season 2, and maybe start planting seeds of some sort of kabal(sp?) that collects artifacts for evil!

I believe that is McPherson:P

leeman15251
September 25th, 2009, 04:25 PM

i would like that. Mrs. Frederic would probably have the best back story.

Major_Griff
September 26th, 2009, 03:27 AM
Everyone seems to be forgetting, also, that hopefully Artie survived.

Lolz. I guess I just assumed he would.

Ian-S
September 26th, 2009, 01:57 PM
So Warehouse 13 has the highest ratings of any SyFy show ever and it doesn't make sense to make more than 13 episodes for financial reasons? Anyone else find that statement odd?

not really, it worked for Eureka.
I'd rather have 13 dam good ones than 13 good ones and 7 crappers.

the fifth man
September 27th, 2009, 05:58 PM
not really, it worked for Eureka.
I'd rather have 13 dam good ones than 13 good ones and 7 crappers.

I prefer longer seasons, but I will take what I can get.

Spimman
September 28th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I'd be happy with middle of the road, 18 episodes would be great!

SunKrux
September 28th, 2009, 07:46 PM
I'd be happy with middle of the road, 18 episodes would be great!
If memory serves, provided that S2 does well for the 13 they already agreed to, there could be more. Time will tell. At least we KNOW we're getting 13.

Also, if you want more, do NOT let the long break in between seasons sour you on the show. Remind your friends who enjoyed it but have said "9 months until S2, that's too long I won't even bother with the 2nd season because of that" when S2 starts and how much they enjoyed S1. Get those same friends to buy the DVDs cause the more the DVDs sell the greater the possibility of more S2. :D

Spimman
September 28th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Agreed, I'll be watching no matter what!

the fifth man
September 28th, 2009, 07:58 PM
Agreed, I'll be watching no matter what!

Same here. Like I have said, I will take what I can get.:)

Alan Wake
September 28th, 2009, 09:31 PM
I prefer longer seasons, but I will take what I can get.

I wish they would take the DS9 road and do 26 episode seasons... that'd be nice.

But I agree, I'll take what I can get.

the fifth man
September 29th, 2009, 07:12 PM
I wish they would take the DS9 road and do 26 episode seasons... that'd be nice.

But I agree, I'll take what I can get.

Sadly, these days, I doubt any show will get that many episodes in a season.:(

Alan Wake
September 29th, 2009, 11:00 PM
Sadly, these days, I doubt any show will get that many episodes in a season.:(

I know, it sucks :(

oh, the good days... where have they gone?

Ian-S
September 30th, 2009, 07:49 AM
we usually get 13 episode series in the uk for scripted sci-fi/drama, although waking the dead was 8 episodes / 4 story two parters, and Doctor Who is only getting 4 x 45 mins episodes this year, guess you know Torchwood got 5 too, suppose what I'm saying is we're used to short runs in the uk, so 13 warehouse 13's is like a full season for us :)

At least they are not running everything at the same time and doing stuff back to back so that there's something new each week instead of 3 months of new shows and 9 months of repeats.

but when compared to DS9, WOW, just shows how sport/reality tv has taken over the networks.

the fifth man
September 30th, 2009, 06:46 PM
I know, it sucks :(

oh, the good days... where have they gone?

I don't know. Make sure to tell me if you ever find them.;)

Gate Ranger
September 30th, 2009, 06:52 PM
All i can say is, based on the way that they have been going, season two will probably be a blast.

Gate Ranger

the fifth man
October 4th, 2009, 07:35 PM
All i can say is, based on the way that they have been going, season two will probably be a blast.

Gate Ranger

I am definitely very optimistic about Season 2. I can't wait to see how they progress this show.

creed462
October 5th, 2009, 01:16 PM
Artie, Claudia, more character development, The series was great for a first season, Two needs more building on the foundation

the fifth man
October 8th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Artie, Claudia, more character development, The series was great for a first season, Two needs more building on the foundation

I think we will definitely get a lot of that.

Spimman
October 9th, 2009, 06:40 AM
Yeah, Artie is still fairly mysterious. No personal life that we know of.

the fifth man
October 10th, 2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah, Artie is still fairly mysterious. No personal life that we know of.

He has to have something going on. Hopefully we will get to find out what.

retiredat44
October 19th, 2009, 10:42 AM
Maybe that escape tunnel/entrance/exit was actually an artifact itself, and does something in the event of an emergency..

??
:P

creed462
October 27th, 2009, 02:55 PM
Or he may still of had an artifact on him. Remember they were cataloging the ones they retrieved from mcPearson

LadyNRA
December 10th, 2009, 12:01 PM
I've been seeing people saying that they think Artie won't be brought back into the show until mid way into the season...keep them thinking he's dead when he's really still alive. So my greatest 'fear' concerning the show is that this fans would be right and they will not have Artie in there at all for weeks and weeks. I want to see him alive and well by the end of the first episode or, failing that , alive and showing up as a 'free agent' in the first few episodes, operating without Pete and Myka's knowledge. But if that were the case, I'd only be happy if we saw him doing this each episode until they find out he's alive.

I am looking forward to seeing Claudia get a boyfriend (already discussed at cons) and I'd like to see Artie have a love interest for at least one episode (with potential for more down the road). I'd like to see Pete and Myka getting emotionally closer but not actually 'dating'.

I'd like to have MacPherson continue to be the arch nemesis of the W13 agents (in other words not have them catch him too quickly.

jelgate
December 10th, 2009, 02:05 PM
I've been seeing people saying that they think Artie won't be brought back into the show until mid way into the season...keep them thinking he's dead when he's really still alive. So my greatest 'fear' concerning the show is that this fans would be right and they will not have Artie in there at all for weeks and weeks. I want to see him alive and well by the end of the first episode or, failing that , alive and showing up as a 'free agent' in the first few episodes, operating without Pete and Myka's knowledge. But if that were the case, I'd only be happy if we saw him doing this each episode until they find out he's alive.

Jack Kennt has hinted that Artie will be found towards the beginning of S2. I think you have nothing to worry about

the fifth man
December 10th, 2009, 05:57 PM
Jack Kennt has hinted that Artie will be found towards the beginning of S2. I think you have nothing to worry about

I sure hope so.

SunKrux
December 10th, 2009, 08:11 PM
Hey LadyNRA fancy seeing you here. ;)

I don't think they'll keep Artie gone for too long but I don't want him to "magically" appear. I want a bit o' drama before he's found. Pete, Myka & Mrs. Fredrick all worrying about whether or not he's alive or not. The three of them realizing that Claudia skipped out and once Artie's found (alive and well and totally pissed off) they 4 of them go off in search of Claudia and bring her home. Then the team goes after MacNuttyPants. :D

Having Myka & Pete get closer wouldn't hurt my feelings at all. :D But not dating each other just yet.

I also want to find out that Leena had no clue she was the sleeper agent for MacPherson since I like her and don't want her gone or to be truly evil like MacNuttyPants.

LEKY
January 13th, 2010, 04:46 AM
Hello everyone. I would like to know when to be the second series,?

SunKrux
January 13th, 2010, 06:12 AM
Season 2 should air in July, just like it aired (in the US anyway) this past year in July. Shooting should start in March according to actor Eddie McClintock.

jelgate
January 13th, 2010, 06:36 AM
Hello everyone. I would like to know when to be the second series,?

SyFy has their 10 (or 13) episode blocks in four quarter. Those quarters for starting a season are January, April, July, and October. Given production schedules and what SunKrux said the possibility of them airing in April is highly unlikely. And I can't honestly believe they would wait until October to air S2 as that would be over a year break. So July is most likely. SyFy probably won't want to make changes so they can reproduce the high ratings W13 got last summer

LEKY
January 13th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Thank you for your reply. We very much look forward to the continuation. This series we have very fond.;):)

the fifth man
January 13th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Season 2 should air in July, just like it aired (in the US anyway) this past year in July. Shooting should start in March according to actor Eddie McClintock.

Still such a long wait.:(

SunKrux
January 13th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Still such a long wait.:(
It's not as long a wait as it was say 5 months ago. :D

LEKY
January 14th, 2010, 01:11 AM
it's too long, but I hope that the next series will be as good as the previous.
And one more question how much it will work, as well as the first 13 part series,

jelgate
January 14th, 2010, 04:22 AM
And one more question how much it will work, as well as the first 13 part series,

I'm not sure of your question. Please clarify

SunKrux
January 14th, 2010, 06:38 AM

Yes for some folks having to wait 9 months for the new season is a long wait, but when it takes about that long to get new eps written and then shot, really it's not that long, imho.

I think they want to know if the second season will have 13 eps like the first season. But I could be wrong. Scary thought, me being wrong I know, but it won't be the first time. ;)

IF that is your question LEKY, yes S2 will be 13 eps long. Jack KennY the show runner/producer stated in an article months ago that the seasons for WH13 would only be 13 eps long. Yes I know, that's too short and most fans demand that the season be at least 22 eps long. Demand all you want folks who want that, it's not going to happen. Why? It is expensive to produce a tv show like WH13 and it's a big risk to try and sell a 22 eps season on any show so more and more production companies and networks are only willing to pay for and produce 13 eps (or shorter) long seasons to save money.

LEKY
January 14th, 2010, 06:38 AM

Oh, sorry. We just wanted to know how much a second series will have parts.
I know my English is not good:(

jelgate
January 14th, 2010, 07:08 AM
IF that is your question LEKY, yes S2 will be 13 eps long. Jack KennY the show runner/producer stated in an article months ago that the seasons for WH13 would only be 13 eps long. Yes I know, that's too short and most fans demand that the season be at least 22 eps long. Demand all you want folks who want that, it's not going to happen. Why? It is expensive to produce a tv show like WH13 and it's a big risk to try and sell a 22 eps season on any show so more and more production companies and networks are only willing to pay for and produce 13 eps (or shorter) long seasons to save money.

I can see W13 going the way of Sanctuary if S2 is even close to as successful as S1 was.

the fifth man
January 14th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Yeah, 13 episodes is a little short IMO. But, I guess we have to take what we can get.

SunKrux
January 14th, 2010, 06:08 PM
I can see W13 going the way of Sanctuary if S2 is even close to as successful as S1 was.

Meaning? They get more eps? Unless SyFy can convince Jack Kenny that the show needs more eps, I highly doubt they'll do more than 13 a year. But who knows.

jelgate
January 14th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Its usually more of the other way around. Jack Kenny convincing SyFy of more episodes for a season. It will depend how profitable and successfull W13 is.

SunKrux
January 14th, 2010, 09:20 PM
Considering in an article you linked, jel, Jack said he actually liked doing the 13 eps so I don't think it would be a matter of him convincing SyFy of wanting to do more. I really think it would depend on SyFy since for now they're the ones who initially (at least it seems that way to me) wanted just 13 eps. If they want/wanted more they could ask for it. I highly doubt they will unless the show continues to be so popular and keeps the high ratings it got last year.

THEN they'd probably have to renegotiate everyone's contracts since I would imagine right now everyone is signed on for 13 eps seasons. That could open up a can of worms that might hurt the show more than help it. Producing the show would wind up costing SyFy more money in the long run and I don't see SyFy doing that. Not when they have their newest babies, SGU and Caprica to produce. But that's just me. ;)

I'm content with the 13 eps we've gotten and the 13 more we'll get for S2. :D I'm freaky crazy like that. ;) :lol:

Exiled Master
January 25th, 2010, 06:06 PM
David Bowie as Nikola Tesla (perhaps as part of a flashback to a previous warehouse)

Spimman
January 26th, 2010, 06:14 AM
With the high ratings I have a hard time understanding why they don't up it to 18 eps or something?

jelgate
January 26th, 2010, 10:08 AM
With the high ratings I have a hard time understanding why they don't up it to 18 eps or something?
If SyFy does anything well its incompetence:P

Realastically their are only so many shows they can offer 20 episode seasons too. For whatever reason W13 stayed at 13. Ratings are just one piece of the puzzle when it comes to renewal

the fifth man
January 26th, 2010, 05:20 PM
I too would like more than 13 episodes. But, it is what it is. We just have to be happy we are getting the 13 we are.

SunKrux
January 26th, 2010, 06:32 PM
If I'm not mistaken part of the reasoning behind the 13 eps is because show runner Jack Kenny likes it that way. At least that's what he's said in an interview that jelgate has posted before. I'm in the minority, I actually like the 13 eps or shorter seasons but then I've been watching The Closer for going on 6 years now and it only has 15 eps a season. :D Less chance of having a buttload of "eh that could have been better/that sucked" type eps. :D

jelgate
January 26th, 2010, 06:39 PM
If I'm not mistaken part of the reasoning behind the 13 eps is because show runner Jack Kenny likes it that way. At least that's what he's said in an interview that jelgate has posted before. I'm in the minority, I actually like the 13 eps or shorter seasons but then I've been watching The Closer for going on 6 years now and it only has 15 eps a season. :D Less chance of having a buttload of "eh that could have been better/that sucked" type eps. :D

I kind interpert that as Jack Kenny playing PR. They way he says we( SyFy and him ) discussed going above 13 says that ultimately SyFy said 13. If he starts badmouthing the network well the show gets removed.

the fifth man
January 27th, 2010, 05:12 PM
I kind interpert that as Jack Kenny playing PR. They way he says we( SyFy and him ) discussed going above 13 says that ultimately SyFy said 13. If he starts badmouthing the network well the show gets removed.

Yeah, he probably is trying to play nice. And I can't say I blame him for that.

SunKrux
January 27th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Yeah, he probably is trying to play nice. And I can't say I blame him for that.

It's also possible that it was his idea originally but either way I'm fine with it. There is less chance of there being a bunch of crappy "filler" eps with shorter seasons. :D

the fifth man
January 29th, 2010, 06:21 PM
It's also possible that it was his idea originally but either way I'm fine with it. There is less chance of there being a bunch of crappy "filler" eps with shorter seasons. :D

Not all so called "filler" episodes are crappy, at least IMO.

jelgate
January 29th, 2010, 06:39 PM
Not all so called "filler" episodes are crappy, at least IMO.

As much as I love W13 a lot of S1 was filler.

the fifth man
January 29th, 2010, 07:08 PM
As much as I love W13 a lot of S1 was filler.

And to me, not all of that was bad.

jelgate
January 29th, 2010, 07:18 PM
And to me, not all of that was bad.

Never said it was. Filler episodes tend to get this bad rep and some the best episodes in television is filler.

Briangate78
January 29th, 2010, 07:55 PM
This confuses me. Looking at the numbers for Sanctuary, and it fell below not only it's first season, but SGA did better in total viewers and age demos for it's final season. Now W13 had the highest ratings for the network. It even made records, beating SGA's record for a SyFy series. Why is W13 not getting an up order and Sanctuary is? It is just proof again that ratings are only the icing on the cake and not the full layers. Sanctuary must be really really cheap to produce, and from watching the quality I think I would have to agree with that.

Kyarra
January 30th, 2010, 08:43 PM

Indeed!
I would love to see how Leena got involved w/ MacPherson

Kyarra
January 30th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Lolz. I guess I just assumed he would.

me too... go figure

he doesn't really seem to be the kinda character that can be killed off, does he?

Gem of Tigress
January 31st, 2010, 12:58 PM
Sanctuary must be really really cheap to produce, and from watching the quality I think I would have to agree with that.

Hey! there's nothing wrong with Sanctuary. i think it's on the same level as WH13.

the fifth man
January 31st, 2010, 05:23 PM
Hey! there's nothing wrong with Sanctuary. i think it's on the same level as WH13.

Most definitely. Both are very good shows.

SunKrux
January 31st, 2010, 05:41 PM
Considering that Sanctuary is flimed primarily on green screen with a special "red" camera and has TONS of CGI involved, WH13 is probably cheaper to make. But that's just me guessing.

jelgate
January 31st, 2010, 05:45 PM
Considering that Sanctuary is flimed primarily on green screen with a special "red" camera and has TONS of CGI involved, WH13 is probably cheaper to make. But that's just me guessing.

Sanctuary also saves a ton of money on sets and props. That said considering the extent of W13's VHX I would agree its cheaper. It seems a lot of W13's budget goes to their actors. They have had some pretty impressive guest cast

SunKrux
January 31st, 2010, 05:47 PM
Sanctuary also saves a ton of money on sets and props. That said considering the extent of W13's VHX I would agree its cheaper. It seems a lot of W13's budget goes to their actors. They have had some pretty impressive guest cast

Yeah that could be true but I don't watch either show for the visual effects, I watch for the character development. :D

jelgate
January 31st, 2010, 05:50 PM
Yeah that could be true but I don't watch either show for the visual effects, I watch for the character development. :D

Very few people watch the show for just for its VHX:P

I watch it for the stories more then anything. I like the twist they put on historical figures

SunKrux
January 31st, 2010, 05:53 PM
Very few people watch the show for just for its VHX:P

You'd be surprised. :P

I watch it for the stories more then anything. I like the twist they put on historical figures

I like that too but for me, shows without character development are like watching "reality" shows. I'd rather watch a character change and develop over time than watch someone eat horse poo for $50 thousand dollars.

Gem of Tigress
February 1st, 2010, 10:51 AM
someone eat horse poo for $50 thousand dollars.

now that is really stupid. :P

Briangate78
February 1st, 2010, 11:04 AM

Not ratings wise. Which is what the network cares about the most.

Gate Ranger
February 1st, 2010, 05:40 PM
now that is really stupid. :P

:indeed:

My dog does it but i couldn't see a person doing it. :eek:

SunKrux
February 1st, 2010, 08:57 PM
Not ratings wise. Which is what the network cares about the most.

Both shows are doing well ratings wise so no worries. :D

Briangate78
February 2nd, 2010, 11:36 AM
Both shows are doing well ratings wise so no worries. :D

W13 is doing stellar or amazing in the ratings, Sanctuary is doing ok, not great.

the fifth man
February 2nd, 2010, 05:41 PM
W13 is doing stellar or amazing in the ratings, Sanctuary is doing ok, not great.

As long as both continue to do at least OK, I will be happy. I just don't want either shows ratings to start dropping.

SunKrux
February 2nd, 2010, 05:42 PM
As long as both continue to do at least OK, I will be happy. I just don't want either shows ratings to start dropping.

What you said.

Now back to discussing hopes and fears of S2 of WH13 since that is what this thread is about, not ratings for Sanctuary. ;)

So do you all think Leena did MacNuttyPants' bidding because she wanted to or because he's controlling her some how?

jelgate
February 2nd, 2010, 05:46 PM
I can't honeslty believe given Leena's history with the warehouse that she is a conscious mole. Something probably happened when she was spying on McPherson's old girlfriend. Given his planning McPherson probably caught Leena

Killdeer
February 2nd, 2010, 06:11 PM
So do you all think Leena did MacNuttyPants' bidding because she wanted to or because he's controlling her some how?

I think she is being controlled somehow - some type of mental control. I wondered if she even knew what she was doing.

Gem of Tigress
February 2nd, 2010, 06:17 PM
i think she's being controlled.

the fifth man
February 2nd, 2010, 06:18 PM
I think she is being controlled somehow - some type of mental control. I wondered if she even knew what she was doing.

I hope she is being controlled. It would suck if she is just a bad guy.

SunKrux
March 29th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Follow this trail to a new promo (some might have seen it Friday during Caprica)
@SyFy tweets link to S2 promo with S2 EPS clips! (http://twitter.com/Syfy/statuses/11273058045)

ZOMG!!!! Is it July yet? Is it? ZOMG!!!!

LadyNRA
April 6th, 2010, 11:54 AM
This confuses me. Looking at the numbers for Sanctuary, and it fell below not only it's first season, but SGA did better in total viewers and age demos for it's final season. Now W13 had the highest ratings for the network. It even made records, beating SGA's record for a SyFy series. Why is W13 not getting an up order and Sanctuary is? It is just proof again that ratings are only the icing on the cake and not the full layers. Sanctuary must be really really cheap to produce, and from watching the quality I think I would have to agree with that.

I kinda wondered about this myself. I mean, I'll watch Sanctuary, it's not a bad show. But it hasn't captured my heart and imagination the way that W13 has. And as already pointed out, it's ratings were terrific whether we are talking about strong episodes or what some might view as weaker ones. So why is it getting more attention in general? And why is a show like SGU back on so quickly? It went into hiatus and was back on so much quicker and that show needs a lot of 'work' to make it what I'd consider to be 'entertaining'. It's not like I'd stop watching SGU, I don't mean that, but sometimes the special attention given to some shows and not others boggles my mind.

I wouldn't mind 'filler' episodes either. Because some of them are very entertaining. And it gives many of us a chance to see our favorite actors every week in something new. That in itself is a reason why I wouldn't mind additional eps :)

the fifth man
April 6th, 2010, 05:06 PM
I would be extremely happy if Season 3 of Warehouse (assuming we are that lucky) is given a 20 - episode order.

Spimman
April 7th, 2010, 04:54 AM
I'll settle for 17 episodes, Leena being a bad guy and getting killed (they underused her anyways) and a really cool showdown with McPherson!

jelgate
April 7th, 2010, 06:10 AM
I'll settle for 17 episodes, Leena being a bad guy and getting killed (they underused her anyways) and a really cool showdown with McPherson!

Considering she is only a recurring character I'd say Leena had her fair share of episodes

SunKrux
April 7th, 2010, 06:16 AM

We don't know that she is truly a bad guy though. I think MacPherson was controlling her so really, killing her would be, imho, cruel especially without finding out WHY she did it. But that's just me. :D

As for why Sanctuary has more eps than WH13 it's probably due to how the contracts for both shows were hammered out. It's highly possible that Jack Kenny & the other producers didn't want to do a 22 eps season type show. Or SyFy/NBC Universal didn't want it. We will probably never know why they went with 13 eps season (beyond the obvious, the show is called Warehouse 13 after all. ;) :p ).

As for wanting favorite actors in more stuff with shorter seasons they'll have more opportunities to do more stuff, besides the series. They won't have to worry that they can't do the next "big thing" that tweaks their fancy due to being locked into a 22 eps season show. Personally, I'd rather see them do more stuff as well as doing Warehouse 13. :D

Spimman
April 7th, 2010, 08:54 AM
I'm not saying she wasn't in enough episodes, we just didn't really get to know anything about her. We got to know every other character in the show a lot of a little, but Leena almost nothing. I feel like we know more about McPherson than her. If she get's killed than I definitely want to know her motives, and if she lives I hope they pull her into the show a little bit more as far as knowing her character.

SunKrux
April 7th, 2010, 06:22 PM
I'm not saying she wasn't in enough episodes, we just didn't really get to know anything about her. We got to know every other character in the show a lot of a little, but Leena almost nothing. I feel like we know more about McPherson than her. If she get's killed than I definitely want to know her motives, and if she lives I hope they pull her into the show a little bit more as far as knowing her character.

I wasn't saying you said she wasn't in enough eps. I was responding to LadyNRA as well as you re her comments about wanting favorite actors in more stuff (I'm guessing stuff=eps in her mind) and wanting more eps per season. Sorry I should have made it clearer. I was commenting to your wanting her killed because (and if I misunderstood that part of your post, sorry) she wasn't in enough eps.

the fifth man
April 7th, 2010, 08:08 PM
I definitely can't wait to see what was really behind Leena's betrayal.

Spimman
April 8th, 2010, 05:15 AM
I was commenting to your wanting her killed because (and if I misunderstood that part of your post, sorry) she wasn't in enough eps.
Yeah I agree. I liked Leena's character, and the mystery of how she could see Aura's. While I don't want her killed, I would rather them either include her more in the future or kill her and bring in someone else that is mysterious and will be used more.

SunKrux
April 8th, 2010, 06:11 AM
Considering that Leena, from what we know, isn't a Secret Service agent but merely runs the B&B that Pete & Myka live in, there really isn't a reason to have her in every eps. Hopefully they'll try to use Genelle (actress who plays Leena) more, but I'd really rather, once they've given reasons why Leena did what she did, they focus on Artie, Pete, Myka & Claudia. But that's just me. :D

jelgate
April 8th, 2010, 07:30 AM
Considering that Leena, from what we know, isn't a Secret Service agent but merely runs the B&B that Pete & Myka live in, there really isn't a reason to have her in every eps. Hopefully they'll try to use Genelle (actress who plays Leena) more, but I'd really rather, once they've given reasons why Leena did what she did, they focus on Artie, Pete, Myka & Claudia. But that's just me. :D

I just assumed McPherson caught because in the finale she mentions that she was following and keeping tabs on him and all his friends. And well I'm sure thier is more then a few artifiacts that mess with brain chemistry

SunKrux
April 8th, 2010, 06:44 PM
I just assumed McPherson caught because in the finale she mentions that she was following and keeping tabs on him and all his friends. And well I'm sure thier is more then a few artifiacts that mess with brain chemistry

What did MacPherson catch? ;) Considering that in the Pilot, Leena isn't wearing the big honkin' pendant/necklace she wears for the rest of the show, I'm guessing it might have something to do with MacPherson and how he got her (or brainwashed her) to help him. Time will tell once S2 starts.

Spimman
April 9th, 2010, 11:10 AM
Leena does more than just run the B&B, she knows too much about this ultra-secret organization to not be part of it in some way.

DSG1
May 13th, 2010, 04:45 PM
I so won't be a happy camper if we lose Leena. Leena was upset about Artie in Duped so I can't see her simply being a traitor, that would be too easy and she is in charge of putting artifacts away? She's not even a Warehouse agent that I know of?

Why is every time I like a character they get bumped? Never fails lol.

Damn, how can I have my Artie/Leena ship if they make her a bad guy! Not fair! :)

How long before season 2??? Seems forever!!

jelgate
May 13th, 2010, 06:00 PM
I so won't be a happy camper if we lose Leena. Leena was upset about Artie in Duped so I can't see her simply being a traitor, that would be too easy and she is in charge of putting artifacts away? She's not even a Warehouse agent that I know of?

Why is every time I like a character they get bumped? Never fails lol.

Damn, how can I have my Artie/Leena ship if they make her a bad guy! Not fair! :)

How long before season 2??? Seems forever!!

July 6th.

the fifth man
May 14th, 2010, 06:18 PM
July 6th.

At least now that isn't that far off.

SunKrux
May 14th, 2010, 08:55 PM
At least now that isn't that far off.

52 days, 51 if you're ahead of the US. :D Not that I've been counting or anything. :D

DSG1
May 15th, 2010, 07:24 AM
July 6th.

Not bad, under a month and a half.

I really hope they don't prolong Artie's return though.

It's been long enough. lol.

jelgate
May 15th, 2010, 11:36 AM
Not bad, under a month and a half.

I really hope they don't prolong Artie's return though.

It's been long enough. lol.
Last I knew Artie's fate will be solved by the start of S2. I doubt he will be gone very long considering Saul Rubinek is probably W13's most known actor

the fifth man
May 15th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Last I knew Artie's fate will be solved by the start of S2. I doubt he will be gone very long considering Saul Rubinek is probably W13's most known actor

I sure hope that is the case. At least in the first few episodes.

Spimman
May 17th, 2010, 04:40 AM

True, and one of the most liked (2nd place during our game I think) but he would be very difficult to successfully replace! Especially considering his history with the Warehouse and what that means to the show.

SunKrux
May 17th, 2010, 06:24 AM
I think Saul's likability would depend on the fans polled. Like here, most of you like him but he's certainly not my fav. ;) I like him, I like the entire cast, but Joanne's my fav as is Myka as far as characters.

Considering that when Farscape S2 started SyFy actually had the show change the eps order because they felt that the fans couldn't/wouldn't wait for the reappearance of John Crichton, Aeryn & D'Argo. So the eps that showed their return was used as the 1st eps when it was in fact the 2nd.

So since SyFy has such faith in it's fans, I highly doubt that Artie will be left out of the show for very long. They just think that their fans aren't patient enough. Which to that I say bull. One eps wouldn't kill me to have to wait the fate of any character I like on any show. But that's just me. Your mileage may vary.

Spimman
May 17th, 2010, 06:29 AM
Pete is my favorite, but you're right...SyFy is scared of losing viewers. That being said if shows do shake up the cast it usually happens in between S1 and S2 or way later when contract negotiations fail.

jelgate
May 17th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Pete is my favorite, but you're right...SyFy is scared of losing viewers. That being said if shows do shake up the cast it usually happens in between S1 and S2 or way later when contract negotiations fail.

Characters are written out for two main reasons. There are others but lets stick with the main reasons. The first being the writers don't like the way the character is going and can't make them interesting. The other being as you mentioned contract obstacles. I don't think either of these will occur

Spimman
May 17th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Agreed, Artie is loved and he has no reason to leave at this point. I really liked seeing him more involved with the McPherson case, I hope that continues in Season 2.

DSG1
May 17th, 2010, 10:15 AM

Artie, Leena & Mrs. F. are the reasons I watch, especially Saul Rubinek.

I hope so, keeping fingers crossed. :)

Spimman
May 17th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Artie, Leena & Mrs. F. are the reasons I watch, especially Saul Rubinek.

Really? Not that they aren't cool characters because they are, but Leena and Mrs. F get almost no screen time and Artie is 3rd in line (I guess). I do wish we could get a good back story on Mrs. F and if Leena survives and comes back I hope to see her more.

the fifth man
May 17th, 2010, 06:21 PM
Artie definitely plays a nice part in why I like this show so much.

DSG1
May 19th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Artie is da man hopefully his role will expand in season 2.

DSG1
May 19th, 2010, 12:25 PM
Really? Not that they aren't cool characters because they are, but Leena and Mrs. F get almost no screen time and Artie is 3rd in line (I guess). I do wish we could get a good back story on Mrs. F and if Leena survives and comes back I hope to see her more.

They were there since the pilot. Thats why I like them the most. I know they dont get a lot of screen time and thats too bad because they are great actors. Genelle Williams is so natural with Saul, they fit. Claudia came a long and I feel we will lose Leena and if we do it will turn me right off. If it all becomes Claudia in season 2 I'd prob won't watch. I'm sticking with it because Im a long time Saul Rubinek fan and want to see how Artie comes back. The other characters do not interest me nor do their personal love lives. Pete & Myka are annoying (IMHO) Although I like Pete more than Myka at this point. I loved Pete in the pilot but now he seems to be the comic relief, a clown instead of a secret agent. (MHO)

I agree I so wanted a Leena & Mrs.F backstory so bad doesn't look like we'll get it for instance what's Leena's last name? Does she even have one? How did she met Artie? I can think of plenty backstory for them but the writer's seem to be overlooking the gems that could be written for her and Mrs F and even Artie. :)

The one thing I hate is forced characters and Claudia is a forced character a fifth wheel that I find useless. She annoys me the most and doesn't fit like Leena did. (MHO) If I stop watching it will be because of that.

I even stopped watching SGU because they killed Spenser.

If Leena goes I might too. ;)

Spimman
May 19th, 2010, 12:31 PM
I think Mrs F will be around for a while, but I doubt we'll ever see her too often. Artie is building steam and assuming he lives he will be more prominent than ever. Leena is anyone's guess..

DSG1
May 19th, 2010, 12:58 PM
I just don't want to lose anyone whether they are popular or not. All I want is more artifacts & steampunk!

the fifth man
May 19th, 2010, 06:16 PM
I think Mrs F will be around for a while, but I doubt we'll ever see her too often. Artie is building steam and assuming he lives he will be more prominent than ever. Leena is anyone's guess..

I could definitely live with that.

DSG1
May 24th, 2010, 07:16 AM
Spoilers for Season 2 .
Now that I know for sure Leena is getting bumped I'm NOT too thrilled about season 2.

Spimman
May 24th, 2010, 07:22 AM
^Spoiler Alert

Where did you see that? As she was such a minor character it really makes no difference to me, she had potential but was virtually unused.

the fifth man
May 24th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Whether she is around or not, doesn't really matter that much to me. I hope they resolve her storyline though, and explain why she did what she did.

SunKrux
May 24th, 2010, 09:17 PM
This thread is okay for S1 spoilers but S2 spoilers should be put in spoiler tags, please. Not everyone here wants to see spoilers (possible ones or not) in a thread that is marked for S1 spoilers. This is for speculation, not spoilers please.

As much as I do like Leena and would be sad to see her go, I'd be more upset if they got rid of Artie, Pete, Claudia, Myka or Mrs. F more. I think the necklace that Leena wears beginning in Resonance through the end of the season has something to do with how/why she supposedly helped MacPherson. She's not wearing it in the Pilot so maybe MacPherson sent it to her (much like he sent Myka's dad Poe's journal) and it is an artifact that not a lot is known about and MacPherson has known about it and had it a while. Maybe it's allowing him to control Leena some how. I don't want to think she's a baddie because I do like her.

jelgate
May 24th, 2010, 09:52 PM
This thread is okay for S1 spoilers but S2 spoilers should be put in spoiler tags, please. Not everyone here wants to see spoilers (possible ones or not) in a thread that is marked for S1 spoilers. This is for speculation, not spoilers please.

As much as I do like Leena and would be sad to see her go, I'd be more upset if they got rid of Artie, Pete, Claudia, Myka or Mrs. F more. I think the necklace that Leena wears beginning in Resonance through the end of the season has something to do with how/why she supposedly helped MacPherson. She's not wearing it in the Pilot so maybe MacPherson sent it to her (much like he sent Myka's dad Poe's journal) and it is an artifact that not a lot is known about and MacPherson has known about it and had it a while. Maybe it's allowing him to control Leena some how. I don't want to think she's a baddie because I do like her.

I think it simply has to do with the fact in the season finale at the beginning of the episode we learn that Lenna was spying on McPherson's ex-wife. Later we learn McPherson had recently seen her. Add fancy artifact and we have a brainwashed Lenna.

Osiristi
May 25th, 2010, 04:43 AM
I haven't read the whole topic so I'm just gonna say how I think Artie survives: he clearly had his hand in his pocket right before the explosion, so it's possible (and likely, even?) that he had the Phoenix thingey there. That would've saved him from the explosion. Though the whole corridor went boom so... dunno where he'd be now.

SunKrux
May 25th, 2010, 05:39 AM
If he had the Phoenix I don't think he would have used it because then Pete or Myka would have possibly died because we do not know if either of them touched the Phoenix. I think Artie had a different artifact that saved him. Also, the Phoenix would not have saved him from the fall when the umbilicus exploded, it would have only saved him from the fire.

Spimman
May 25th, 2010, 09:07 AM
If he had the Phoenix I don't think he would have used it because then Pete or Myka would have possibly died because we do not know if either of them touched the Phoenix. I think Artie had a different artifact that saved him. Also, the Phoenix would not have saved him from the fall when the umbilicus exploded, it would have only saved him from the fire.

I tend to agree here, although I still think the Phoenix is the only thing we saw that episode that would possibly save Artie.

The Phoenix wouldn't save him from the fall, the force of the explosion, any debris sent by the explosion and so on...only fire, which really isn' how a bomb initially kills people. Although if Artie had something that would save him, it would imply he always carries it around just in case...I guess we'll find out! I'm getting really excited, cliff-hangers tend to do that!

DSG1
May 25th, 2010, 09:12 AM
I don't think it's the Phoenix. MacPherson had that. Artie had the Chaos necklace he took from Carol. The Phoenix would be too obvious to use.

Osiristi
May 25th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Well, he definitely had something in his pocket! It was obvious: if I didn't have something in my pocket, I would've prayed rather than stuck my hand in my pocket.

SunKrux
May 25th, 2010, 04:54 PM
I tend to agree here, although I still think the Phoenix is the only thing we saw that episode that would possibly save Artie.

Why does it have to be something we've already seen? ;) :p It could be an artifact that we'll be introduced to in S2. I'd much prefer that then the "almighty Phoenix" saved him. Too easy.

The Phoenix wouldn't save him from the fall, the force of the explosion, any debris sent by the explosion and so on...only fire, which really isn' how a bomb initially kills people. Although if Artie had something that would save him, it would imply he always carries it around just in case...I guess we'll find out! I'm getting really excited, cliff-hangers tend to do that!

Exactly so that's why I say it wasn't the Phoenix since the explosion and fall would have hurt him more than the fire that and we do not know if Myka and/or Pete ever touched the Phoenix.

I've read from someone on the lj comm, warehouse13, that they were able to slow down the first preview vid at SyFy that shows Mrs. F's car blowing up and people exiting from the Warehouse. They claim that Artie is with Myka & Pete. I personally haven't seen it or been able to view the video in slow motion so there you go. I think it's possible but don't know for sure.

DSG1 - it's possible that Artie or Mrs. F took it from him before they put MacPherson in the cryo chamber thing and bronzed him. Thereby giving the possibility that Artie 'could' have used it. But I don't think he did. Your mileage may vary.

the fifth man
May 25th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Well, he definitely had something in his pocket! It was obvious: if I didn't have something in my pocket, I would've prayed rather than stuck my hand in my pocket.

It was definitely obvious to me as well.

DSG1
May 26th, 2010, 10:41 AM

All I meant was, it won't be something obvious like the Phoenix.

And, Artie did tell Leena he was hard to kill. lol.

DSG1
May 26th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Why does it have to be something we've already seen? ;) :p It could be an artifact that we'll be introduced to in S2. I'd much prefer that then the "almighty Phoenix" saved him. Too easy.

Exactly so that's why I say it wasn't the Phoenix since the explosion and fall would have hurt him more than the fire that and we do not know if Myka and/or Pete ever touched the Phoenix.

I've read from someone on the lj comm, warehouse13, that they were able to slow down the first preview vid at SyFy that shows Mrs. F's car blowing up and people exiting from the Warehouse. They claim that Artie is with Myka & Pete. I personally haven't seen it or been able to view the video in slow motion so there you go. I think it's possible but don't know for sure.

DSG1 - it's possible that Artie or Mrs. F took it from him before they put MacPherson in the cryo chamber thing and bronzed him. Thereby giving the possibility that Artie 'could' have used it. But I don't think he did. Your mileage may vary.

Could be possible, like Pete took the thimble off the MacPherson's bodyguard and then he took one off Leena's finger so, I'm thinking there are copies of artifacts. Well we're only guessing. There's too many artifacts. Artie can have anything on him. I so many many unanswered questions. I have a list a mile long!

Wonder why he didnt have his blackbag in his hand? He is never without it!

Spimman
May 26th, 2010, 11:07 AM
That would be something I would like to see more of in Season 2, I would like the see the Warehouse agents using more artifacts to help them on their assignments. It's not like their all so bad!

WingedPegasus
May 27th, 2010, 10:44 PM
That would be something I would like to see more of in Season 2, I would like the see the Warehouse agents using more artifacts to help them on their assignments. It's not like their all so bad!

Well, not all artifacts are necessarily bad--but if they're in the Warehouse, they must've been wreaking some sort of havoc. :P

lordofseas
May 28th, 2010, 09:15 PM
Well, not all artifacts are necessarily bad--but if they're in the Warehouse, they must've been wreaking some sort of havoc. :P

Or were just in the wrong hands.

DSG1
May 31st, 2010, 10:43 AM
I just want more artifacts & more Artie, not less.

Spimman
June 1st, 2010, 06:44 AM

I agree, a weapon or defensive gadget in the wrong hands could do a world of harm...but it could make catching people using said items for selfish gain or worst much easier and fun to watch!

WingedPegasus
June 1st, 2010, 09:35 PM

M'yeah, and thus wreaking havoc. :P But I agree.

I agree, a weapon or defensive gadget in the wrong hands could do a world of harm...but it could make catching people using said items for selfish gain or worst much easier and fun to watch!

I originally read that world of ham...:P That's what we need! An artifact that converts objects/people/buildings into ham. :D It could be a terrible weapon! :eek:

lordofseas
June 5th, 2010, 07:34 AM
M'yeah, and thus wreaking havoc. :P But I agree.

I originally read that world of ham...:P That's what we need! An artifact that converts objects/people/buildings into ham. :D It could be a terrible weapon! :eek:

To a starving man, it could be a lifesaver. :P