PDA

View Full Version : Tess (season 3 part 2 spoilers)

DigiFluid
August 22nd, 2009, 10:31 PM
I think she's been a terrific addition to the series, and am really hoping she stays on. I also loathe shippers with every fiber of my being, but it's nice to see Carter getting involved with someone other than Allison. She's uh....pretty easy on the eyes too ;)

Here's to hoping she stays on in season 4!

Everlovin
August 23rd, 2009, 06:14 AM
I think she's great too. I've been a fan of Jamie Ray since she was on SGA. And, while I'm a shipper to the core - hopeless romantic that I am - I like seeing Jack being happy and getting some romance.

GSRgategirl923
August 24th, 2009, 09:24 AM
I think Tess is great(: I'm definitely hoping she sticks around for a while. And I have to say I like the fact that Jack is interested in someone who isn't Allison for a change.

2ndgenerationalteran
August 27th, 2009, 05:42 AM
I thought Cadman was the most attractive SGA character, so I'm happy to see her in Eureka

Spimman
September 2nd, 2009, 01:02 PM
I really like her character as a whole. She is smart, witty, but has a softer side. I really do like that this seems to actually be happening with her and Jack and I hope it isn't another typical SyFy romance that has to always go wrong...how about surprising us for once and allowing a non over the top romance to work out!!!

Killdeer
September 2nd, 2009, 06:08 PM
I really like her character as a whole. She is smart, witty, but has a softer side. I really do like that this seems to actually be happening with her and Jack and I hope it isn't another typical SyFy romance that has to always go wrong...how about surprising us for once and allowing a non over the top romance to work out!!!

I agree. I wasn't sure about Tess at first, but I really like her now, and I like what's going on with her and Jack. :) I hope she sticks around - I guess it depends on what happens with Jamie Ray Newman's other show - Eastwick. Did you all read that the Eureka producers sent her a note (joking of course) saying something like - Congrats on your new show - hope it fails! :)

DigiFluid
November 10th, 2009, 08:08 AM
With Eastwick now cancelled, let's hope we get Tess back full time :D

GSRgategirl923
November 10th, 2009, 02:34 PM
With Eastwick now cancelled, let's hope we get Tess back full time :D

It did get cancelled? Finally :D It gets dumber each week I stopped watching it 3 weeks ago.

*Crosses Fingers in Hope that Tess will be Back*

DigiFluid
November 10th, 2009, 02:55 PM
It did get cancelled? Finally :D It gets dumber each week I stopped watching it 3 weeks ago.

*Crosses Fingers in Hope that Tess will be Back*
More or less....after consistently finishing last in its timeslot, ABC's opted not to order any more episodes (though they're going to let them finish airing what they've made already).

GSRgategirl923
November 10th, 2009, 03:19 PM
More or less....after consistently finishing last in its timeslot, ABC's opted not to order any more episodes (though they're going to let them finish airing what they've made already).

Ahh..Okay. Well it is on opposite CSI:NY so thats competition, but I'd pick Eastwick over The Jay Leno Show any day :)

DigiFluid
November 10th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Yeah....I'm pretty sure I'd pick anything over having to watch Jay Leno :p

badwolfSG
November 10th, 2009, 09:25 PM
I'm a big Jack/Allison ship, and I even like Tess, so, that should say something about this character.

GSRgategirl923
November 11th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Yeah....I'm pretty sure I'd pick anything over having to watch Jay Leno :p

:D Me two.

cflat
March 4th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Assuming they bring Tess back to Eureka, it'll be interesting to see how they bring her back to Eureka and how exactly her relationship with Carter is going to go. It rather sucks that we have to wait till July to watch the new episodes; well, at least we'll be getting 22 episodes. :)

Killdeer
March 4th, 2010, 12:32 PM
I hope they do bring her back - I really do. :) I enjoyed what she brought to the mix.

GSRgategirl923
March 4th, 2010, 12:33 PM
Assuming they bring Tess back to Eureka, it'll be interesting to see how they bring her back to Eureka and how exactly her relationship with Carter is going to go. It rather sucks that we have to wait till July to watch the new episodes; well, at least we'll be getting 22 episodes. :)

22! Really we're getting a full season? Thats Awesomeee :D

Killdeer
March 4th, 2010, 12:49 PM
The only question is whether they're going to split it into two parts and show it over two summers like they did S3.

cflat
March 4th, 2010, 01:25 PM
22! Really we're getting a full season? Thats Awesomeee :D

Yep. :) Season 3 was supposed to have 22 episodes, but since it got affected by the Writer's Strike, we ended up with 18 episodes. And Killdeer, that's why it took so long to air all the season 3 episodes.

GSRgategirl923
March 4th, 2010, 01:29 PM
The only question is whether they're going to split it into two parts and show it over two summers like they did S3.

I Really Really Hope Not(:

GSRgategirl923
June 28th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Tess is Back for Season 4! <33 I'm So Excited! :D

Spimman
June 28th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Well...sorta

She has been cast as a guest star for 5 episodes I think...but that can always change!

I personally am a Jack/Tess fan...not sure if I've ever made it to the level of being a Shipper, not sure what those minimum requirements are ;)

GSRgategirl923
June 28th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I'm Not Sure Either, But I Know That I Ship Jack/Tess. I'm So Done With Allison Lol :rolleyes:

Everlovin
June 28th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Well this is one of those shows I'm willing to multi-ship everybody. I love Jack/Allison as much as I love Jack/Tess and Nathan/Allison. *shrugs* Sometimes I can multi-ship and sometimes I can't.

GSRgategirl923
June 28th, 2010, 06:02 PM
See Now I Never Liked Stark at all, Buuut I did Ship Jack/Allison, Until Tess Came Along of Course(:

Spimman
June 29th, 2010, 06:41 AM
I really like the Allison/Jack thing early on...but she chose Stark and they had a history and I was happy for them. I hate seeing characters I like (male or female) wait around and become the fall back plan romance. It seems like Jack tried and Allison thought about it, but it never worked out. I kinda moved on.

That being said, I would probably like it if they ended up together...assuming Tess leaves...but I really like Tess for reasons other than Jack, she is funny!

GSRgategirl923
June 29th, 2010, 03:50 PM
I Like that Tess is there because Jack finally has a relationship but I also like her cause she's quirky and fun(:

RowenaR
July 10th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Spoiler for Founders Day:

Did anyone else here have the feeling that Tess sounded drunk when she greeted Jack at the end? I'm starting to get a bad feeling about how the writers are going to treat her character and the Tess/Jack dynamic this season :S

GSRgategirl923
July 10th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Founders Day Spoilers! :)

I Didn't, Not Really.
But There isn't really a Jack/Tess Dynamic to Ruin, there's only Four More Episodes with Her in it as Far as I know... I Mean She broke up with him in the beginning of the episode right? That means as soon as they fix the time line *poof* no more Tess :(

RowenaR
July 10th, 2010, 01:40 PM
Founders Day Spoilers! :)

I Didn't, Not Really.
But There isn't really a Jack/Tess Dynamic to Ruin, there's only Four More Episodes with Her in it as Far as I know... I Mean She broke up with him in the beginning of the episode right? That means as soon as they fix the time line *poof* no more Tess :(

Some serious spoilers now...

Actually, I don't think they will fix the timeline. Both Colin Ferguson and Sally Richardson said again and again in their interviews that the change will be permanent. They'll still write Tess out because according to Ferguson Carter and Allison will hook up this Season. I just hope they don't damage the character Tess in the process of that :(

GSRgategirl923
July 10th, 2010, 01:49 PM
Some serious spoilers now...

Actually, I don't think they will fix the timeline. Both Colin Ferguson and Sally Richardson said again and again in their interviews that the change will be permanent. They'll still write Tess out because according to Ferguson Carter and Allison will hook up this Season. I just hope they don't damage the character Tess in the process of that :(

Oh Noes, More Spoilers(:

I Really hope that they don't ruin and/or damage her character during the process of elimination either I love Tess :) I think she's an awesome addition to the show. I Really wanted them to Keep Her, Besides I don't want Jack and Allison to get together. : pouts: Lol(:

RowenaR
July 10th, 2010, 01:57 PM
Oh Noes, More Spoilers(:

I Really hope that they don't ruin and/or damage her character during the process of elimination either I love Tess :) I think she's an awesome addition to the show. I Really wanted them to Keep Her, Besides I don't want Jack and Allison to get together. :pouts: Lol(:

I'm right with you on everything :D

And how weird is that I already have the urge to write a fix it fic?

GSRgategirl923
July 10th, 2010, 02:17 PM
I'm right with you on everything :D

And how weird is that I already have the urge to write a fix it fic?

Haha.

Its Not Weird at All, I Have the Same Urge. :) It's like I want to be Prepared for the Inevitable...

RowenaR
July 10th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Haha.

Its Not Weird at All, I Have the Same Urge. :) It's like I want to be Prepared for the Inevitable...

Yes, exactly :D

I think I'll wait until she's really out and then I'll write something that will take place two or three years later since I have a feeling the whole thing will depend on how they break up Tess and Carter, i.e. if it's consensual or messy (which I expect it to be... something tells me Tess will get the short end of the stick and she'll be the one that ends up really hurt while everything will be roses for Jack and Allison, even though Ferguson claimed it won't be "saccharine" but "realistic" but I'm trying to keep up faith in the writers they won't do that to her).

GSRgategirl923
July 10th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Yes, exactly :D

I think I'll wait until she's really out and then I'll write something that will take place two or three years later since I have a feeling the whole thing will depend on how they break up Tess and Carter, i.e. if it's consensual or messy (which I expect it to be... something tells me Tess will get the short end of the stick and she'll be the one that ends up really hurt while everything will be roses for Jack and Allison, even though Ferguson claimed it won't be "saccharine" but "realistic" but I'm trying to keep up faith in the writers they won't do that to her).

I Suppose that would be the proper thing to do :)

I was thinking of maybe re-writing certain episodes (depending on how they play out) with Jack/Tess instead of Jack/Allison. But i don't know yet, guess we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out for the couple on the short end of the stick.

RowenaR
July 10th, 2010, 05:11 PM
I Suppose that would be the proper thing to do :)

I was thinking of maybe re-writing certain episodes (depending on how they play out) with Jack/Tess instead of Jack/Allison. But i don't know yet, guess we'll just have to wait and see how things turn out for the couple on the short end of the stick.

Episode rewrite also sounds great!

Thank God for fanfic :D

GSRgategirl923
July 10th, 2010, 05:18 PM
Episode rewrite also sounds great!

Thank God for fanfic :D

Amen to That :D Lol.

Spimman
July 10th, 2010, 09:25 PM
Only read if you have seen all aired episodes.

It would be difficult to have a relationship with someone who has no memory of your timeline. :o

RowenaR
July 11th, 2010, 04:14 AM
Yeah, but it could make for some terrific juicy character moments and some great plots... if only they wouldn't be so focused on Jack/Allison...

RowenaR
July 24th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Am I the only one who is less than excited about

how they got rid of Tess in All The Rage? :( Actually, that ep made me wonder why they even brought her back in. If they just wanted to show that Jack was over Tess and free for Allison (can I just say how much more Jack/Allison squicks me out now?), they could have left it at the breaking up scene from the pilot. I think the fact that Jack seemed rather unimpressed with Tess breaking up with him and that he had no qualms whatsoever to kiss Allison in the pilot made it pretty clear that he already was over Tess.

What also got to me was how bad it was for JACK that he was supposed to be together with Tess, but that the fact of how weird and distressing it must be for HER that the man she thought she knew (and obviously asked her to move in with him... or was I the only one came to the conclusion that it must have been Jack who asked from the way Tess talked about it?) suddenly isn't the same anymore, was hardly addressed at all. I was actually pretty pissed about all the Man Pain from Jack and the almost total lack of Tess' point of view in this.

And now I'll go back and work on the fix it fic I alreay promised :P

Everlovin
July 24th, 2010, 05:31 PM
I think they could have done it better.

I mean, they supposedly had a years worth of long distance relationship which is difficult. Plus, on top of that, there wasn't a lot of foundation to their relationship before Tess left. I would have liked to see Jack give Jack/Tess an honest try in the new timeline. Whether or not it would have worked out, who knows. I'd have liked to see the effort though.

RowenaR
July 24th, 2010, 05:39 PM
I think they could have done it better.

I mean, they supposedly had a years worth of long distance relationship which is difficult. Plus, on top of that, there wasn't a lot of foundation to their relationship before Tess left. I would have liked to see Jack give Jack/Tess an honest try in the new timeline. Whether or not it would have worked out, who knows. I'd have liked to see the effort though.

THIS!

Exactly! I hated it that they didn't even let him put up an effort to try to make it work out. He just acted like there had never been anything between them and like he just wanted to get her off his back and I wanted to punch him very much for that.

Everlovin
July 24th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I didn't quite get that vibe.To me, it seemed it was more like he didn't know what to do about her. Granted, Tess didn't know what to do with the distance there suddenly was, but I'd have liked to see effort.

RowenaR
July 24th, 2010, 05:57 PM
I didn't quite get that vibe.To me, it seemed it was more like he didn't know what to do about her. Granted, Tess didn't know what to do with the distance there suddenly was, but I'd have liked to see effort.

Okay, agreed about

that he didn't know what to do about her (because you're right, that's more like it felt)... which still made it feel like he just wanted to get her off his back and was just to much of a coward to say it. All in all, I really didn't like the way they handled it and how they made me want to punch Carter in the face for how he behaved towards Tess.

And it also made me start a story where she does get to kick his ass after all :D

Killdeer
July 24th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Am I the only one who is less than excited about

how they got rid of Tess in All The Rage? :( Actually, that ep made me wonder why they even brought her back in. If they just wanted to show that Jack was over Tess and free for Allison (can I just say how much more Jack/Allison squicks me out now?), they could have left it at the breaking up scene from the pilot. I think the fact that Jack seemed rather unimpressed with Tess breaking up with him and that he had no qualms whatsoever to kiss Allison in the pilot made it pretty clear that he already was over Tess.

What also got to me was how bad it was for JACK that he was supposed to be together with Tess, but that the fact of how weird and distressing it must be for HER that the man she thought she knew (and obviously asked her to move in with him... or was I the only one came to the conclusion that it must have been Jack who asked from the way Tess talked about it?) suddenly isn't the same anymore, was hardly addressed at all. I was actually pretty pissed about all the Man Pain from Jack and the almost total lack of Tess' point of view in this.

And now I'll go back and work on the fix it fic I alreay promised :P

No you're not. I've generally been very happy with the way things have gone so far in S4, EXCEPT for how the Tess situation has been handled. I like a lot of what the writers are doing this season, but I think they badly screwed this one up. :( Maybe that's just me as a Tess fan talking, but it feels so badly done, starting with cutting out the breakup scene in the beginning. Here in this episode, it sounded like Carter was the one to break up with Tess, but I had the impression in Founder's Day that she had broken it off with him. And the thing about taking a year to figure out that they don't work in A New World - that felt out of the blue too. If we'd seen all of that scene, maybe we'd have had some context for this, but now it just feels botched. And it's hard for me to get back on board with Jack/Allison after seeing how badly Tess just got screwed over. :(

But why did they even bother to bring Tess back at all if this is what they were going to do? They could have returned to a reality where Tess had never come to Eureka, or one where she was still in Eureka but she and Jack had never gotten together, and so, like Zane, she wouldn't remember any history. Personally I think I would prefer a history where she hadn't ever come to Eureka. They could still bring JRN back - she just wouldn't remember ever meeting Jack before.

Oh well. It's done. :S

Everlovin
July 24th, 2010, 07:51 PM
There right at the end I almost thought that Jack was going to tell Tess about the year that never was and his trip back to 1947. He kept going on and on about telling her the truth and how she deserved the truth. It would have made more sense from a character point of view. Kind of a lets slow way down sort of thing but maybe stay together.

RowenaR
July 25th, 2010, 06:25 AM
There right at the end I almost thought that Jack was going to tell Tess about the year that never was and his trip back to 1947. He kept going on and on about telling her the truth and how she deserved the truth. It would have made more sense from a character point of view. Kind of a lets slow way down sort of thing but maybe stay together.

I absolutely agree. That would have made much more sense. Otherwise they wouldn't have had to bring JRN back at all.

However, a review on serienjunkies.de (http://www.serienjunkies.de/news/eureka-all-27616.html) (it's in German, though) stated something interesting: they raised the question whether

we really saw the end of this, wondering if this doesn't kind of go against the laws of this reality (as in Carter HAS to be together with her in this timeline) and ends with "We will learn about that!" And didn't someone say JRN had signed up for five eps, not three?

MattSilver 3k
July 27th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Well I loved Tess while she was around. Shame the writers decided to suddenly invent problems between her and Carter for the sake of these first three episodes, instead of, you know, just breaking them up at the end of last season as it was set up (Much easier and less of a kick in my crotch, to be honest!). Can't afford to dwell though, and it nice to see some JRN on my televisual screen.

GSRgategirl923
July 27th, 2010, 02:16 PM
I absolutely agree. That would have made much more sense. Otherwise they wouldn't have had to bring JRN back at all.

However, a review on serienjunkies.de (http://www.serienjunkies.de/news/eureka-all-27616.html) (it's in German, though) stated something interesting: they raised the question whether

we really saw the end of this, wondering if this doesn't kind of go against the laws of this reality (as in Carter HAS to be together with her in this timeline) and ends with "We will learn about that!" And didn't someone say JRN had signed up for five eps, not three?

Spoilers Oh My! Lol(:
:Is thoroughly annoyed:
Buuuut I heard JRN is signed on for at least four episodes possibly five so there's a possibility that we haven't seen the end of Tess Just Yet.
Not to mention she's said that if they want her back she'll gladly do more episodes :D

RowenaR
August 5th, 2010, 03:07 AM
I certainly hope she will :D

And damn, I really have to go back to writing my fix it fic :D