Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe the destiny is just about to be destroyed and that's the end. Like maybe a self destruct was iniated or maybe a middle is about to destroy the destiny and it's like 3....2....1...... End of season.??
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post

That was one of the funniest posts you've ever posted...and DAMMIT I still can't green you!!

THIS SUCKS.
      Wow, really? In any case...I'm happy you got the reference....or at least I think you did

As for what this episode may entail, I wonder if it's the Destiny that's doing the Incursion-ing, into a new galaxy?
      Maybe...or maybe it's a bit of both? Maybe the Destiny jumps into a new galaxy, smack-dab in the middle of some intergalactic space-war...and get boarded by one of the alien races?

Haha, speculation-bomb....GO!!!
      Sig by Pandora's Box
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coronach View Post
        Wow, really? In any case...I'm happy you got the reference....or at least I think you did
        Well, if you were referencing your moment of glory at guessing the title of Subversion, then yeah, I got that.

Maybe...or maybe it's a bit of both? Maybe the Destiny jumps into a new galaxy, smack-dab in the middle of some intergalactic space-war...and get boarded by one of the alien races?

I have imagined just that scenerio! It's crazy. I've actually mapped it out and everything!

Imagine Destiny jumping out of hyperspace (or whatever) inbetween two alien fleets on the verge of battle. The ship is caught in the crossfire; it suffers grave damage as a result, and has to hide from both species for the rest of the season as the crew attempts to do repairs.

Great minds think alike.

Comment

Was the reference to the fact pg15 failed to guess 118 on his first try?
          sigpic

Comment

Well, if you were referencing your moment of glory at guessing the title of Subversion, then yeah, I got that.
            What can I say?

I have imagined just that scenerio! It's crazy. I've actually mapped it out and everything!

Imagine Destiny jumping out of hyperspace (or whatever) inbetween two alien fleets on the verge of battle. The ship is caught in the crossfire; it suffers grave damage as a result, and has to hide from both species for the rest of the season as the crew attempts to do repairs.
            Sounds exciting. I'm kind of hoping TPTB do this now....or something similar.

Great minds think alike.
            Seriously! Next you'll be telling me you like Avatar: The Last Airbender.

Originally posted by major davis View Post
            Was the reference to the fact pg15 failed to guess 118 on his first try?
            See PG's post, as he guessed what I was referring to
            Sig by Pandora's Box
            sigpic

Comment

What can I say?

Sounds exciting. I'm kind of hoping TPTB do this now....or something similar.
              Indeed.

Then again, it may return the show to the old format (i.e. us vs. evil aliens), which I wouldn't want. This is a dilemma.

One way or another though, I have this huge arc kinda-planned out that starts with that plot idea.

Seriously! Next you'll be telling me you like Avatar: The Last Airbender.
              What's that? Like a video game or book or something?

Comment

Great minds think alike.
                I like this scenario a lot. This would be one of those 'perfect' episodes' for me, or at least close to it. It would be awesome to see two 'truly alien species' in a galactic war fighting and the Destiny crew get in the middle of it. It would definitely establish an arc for season 2 along with continuing the arcs already established in season 1.

There are no regrets. Thank you Brad Wright and everyone else for SGU,
                and the amazing Stargate franchise in general.

Comment

Then again, it may return the show to the old format (i.e. us vs. evil aliens), which I wouldn't want. This is a dilemma.
                  Actually, I'm not so sure. TPTB have been stressing a pretty "morally gray" attitude on things. What's to say either race is "evil", or that we'd be against them? I could see them pushing something more akin to a "both sides think they're right" kind of thing, and it's hard for a third party to discern which side they think is right.

Maybe the crew of the Destiny wouldn't agree with each other on such a thing? Then again, that idea could be shot down by the "no English-speaking aliens" thing. So now I don't know either

What's that? Like a video game or book or something?

It's actually a manual for building a windmill with maximum turbine efficiency.
                  Sig by Pandora's Box
                  sigpic

Comment

Actually, I'm not so sure. TPTB have been stressing a pretty "morally gray" attitude on things. What's to say either race is "evil", or that we'd be against them? I could see them pushing something more akin to a "both sides think they're right" kind of thing, and it's hard for a third party to discern which side they think is right.

Maybe the crew of the Destiny wouldn't agree with each other on such a thing? Then again, that idea could be shot down by the "no English-speaking aliens" thing. So now I don't know either
                    Hmmm, good point! TPTB seems to be just taking the old formula and adding in more character moments and continuity, so there's no reason why there couldn't be a long-term outside force at work.

I agree that these 2 races would not be "evil", but just fighting each other for whatever reason. They may even try to curry favor with the crew of the Destiny, in order to learn of its technology. What if one race attacks us, but another tries negotiating, but later on we find out that the race that attacks us is the one "in the right"? That'd be different, maybe.

As for the English thing, well, if they are advanced enough, then maybe they can learn or use technology; or they can scan the Destiny and try to talk to the people via the language used in the ship (i.e. they'll speak in Ancient, which someone onboard can surely understand; I just want to hear Ancient spoken! I love it!); or they can communicate via telepathy; or they can take control of the Kino and use that to communicate.

See, this is why I love the concept of this show; you can pretty much do anything out there in the Universe.

It's actually a manual for building a windmill with maximum turbine efficiency.
                    Ooooo, sounds lovely. I just know that it'll be my favorite manual ever, with great writing and excellent diagrams, not to mention the music!

Comment

See, this is why I love the concept of this show; you can pretty much do anything out there in the Universe.
                      I totally agree. Lots of potential with this series, so I'm looking forward to see how this plays out over the next few months (hopefully years! ).

Ooooo, sounds lovely. I just know that it'll be my favorite manual ever, with great writing and excellent diagrams, not to mention the music!

Oh, quite likely. Even better, it was written by a kind old man, who is a retired war general. He has a witty sense of humor and an endearing penchant for tea
                      Sig by Pandora's Box
                      sigpic

Comment

From your detailed description of this man, it's obvious that he has a troubled Nephew. Am I right about that?

Comment

Update:

Hey, remember when I said I was actually looking forward to this rewrite? Well, I honestly don’t know what the hell I was thinking. I guess I figured that, given the notes, it wouldn’t be all that big a pass. But it turns out I was wrong. Yep, it never fails. Those tiny little changes you assume will be sleight and may take all of an afternoon to complete actually turn out to be fairly significant changes that trigger repercussions running throughout the rest of the script. Anyway, I was actually making progress this morning, coasting along rather nicely, until I hit a snag and became bogged down in the new and improved wunder-science. I started my research, got bogged down in that as well, and ultimately decided to call it a day. On my way out, I conveyed my frustrations to my writing partner Paul who, working on his own rewrite, had to deal with frustrations of his own today in the form of the incessant BEEP-BEEP-BEEP of the construction equipment across the street. He sympathized and expressed surprise at the requested change. For his part, he preferred the old (in his opinion, much cooler and wondrous) science and strongly urged me to pitch Rob on keeping the original. Something I’ll definitely do. Tomorrow.
                          http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...g-at-sfsignal/

Comment

Update:

I’m pleased to report that after a brief falling out, my rewrite and I have reconciled and we are on much better terms. I admit that I was a little frustrated yesterday, and said some things I now regret. However today, things are much brighter and progress has been made, thanks in large part to the wise counsel, unconditional support, and rough explanatory sketch provided by Mika McKinnon, the show’s science consultant. Thanks, Mika. And to those of you wondering what, exactly, Mika does on the show (beside field panicked astronomy-related questions from yours truly) and how she landed the dream gig that made her the envy of geekdom, check out her past Q&A here: xxx
                            http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...andom-set-pic/

Heh. Looks like Joe forgot to post the actual link.

Comment

Update:

Hey, great news! For me anyway. I finished the rewrite on both my scripts. Well, with episodes #19 and #20 behind me, I can finally set my sights on thinking ahead to some possible second season (fingers crossed) stories, watching the various cuts and mixes, and, most importantly, whiling away the afternoons in Carl’s office talking about my upcoming Tokyo trip while he does his best to pretend he’s fallen asleep in the hopes I’ll leave.
                              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...nd-thank-yous/

Comment

Small update:

Some discussion on Incursion I and II this afternoon (episodes #19 and #20 – As if you didn’t know!). Brad will be taking over duties on both scripts as he’ll be producing the episodes. We discussed, among other things: clarifying who is where doing what (a special request from Paul), the challenges of guest casting, and the workings of alien tech.

---

Audrey writes: “So when do you start prep on Incursion?”

Answer: Not for weeks.

http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...stargate-pics/

Comment

Working...
                                X