This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cast and Characters Key to SGU success

The thing that endeard me most about SG1 and SGA, are the cast and characters. I think one of the most important things TPTB did right with stargate from the start was pick the right cast from the beginning. Imagine SG1 without Jack,Sam, Daniel, Teal'c or Hammond or Janet, SGA without Sheppard or Mckay and the rest. Although we did have some issues in later seasons.

The success of SGU will depend on mainly the cast and characters. I realise they got some be names on board, but will the be loved as much as SG1 and SGA? Thoughts?

Offcourse the stories and visuals will be important but its the cast that make the show.

Its hard to compare how much you love characters that have been known for over 10yrs, compared to ones we know from press releases and 3 minute trailers.

But I think they will be a very interesting group of individuals, whom I will greatly enjoy watching.
    sigpic

Comment

I completely agree. For me it's a 60/40 split between like the characters and actors, and enjoying the storylines. To me liking the chactacter and the actors playing them always mattered a little more the the story lines just because you have the same characters on every episode, but most stories will be different from week to week. To me if I don't like an actor (or character), I'll never be able to get in to the story and really enjoy it.
      So I really hope I'll like the characters on SGU, so far I don't really have any issue with any of them or any of the actors playing them.

Comment

i like them already....especially tamara and chloe

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
          HAHA I'm right there with ya

But seriously, I agree that it all does come down to the characters more so than the actually storylines, I mean, I liked 'The Seed' after all, and that storyline was pretty crappy lol. Saying that though, I really liked 'The Shrine' and I cant stand McKay one single bit, so I would say it comes to about 60/40 in favour of the characters.

Comment

I think they did a great job with the SG-1 casting, not so much with Atlantis. Joe Flanigan has never impressed me, can't say I thought much of Rainbow Run Franks or Jason Momoa either. David Hewlett would be the stand out pick for me, but he was an SG-1 creation and wasn't even meant to be in the show to begin with. Atlantis was generally just a lot more rushed than SG-1, they didn't even get the cast right until season 5 IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by escyos View Post
              I have never really been that attracted to any of the girls in Stargate. Sure they were not ugly, but certainly not pin up girls by any stretch. It seemed the girls of fandom had all the fun when it came to having a good perve watching Stargate....until now!!

SGU is our time to shine lads!!!
              sigpic

Comment

I hope the characters are interesting. I am totally impressed they have Robert Carlyle and Lou Diamond Phillips !
                sigpic

Jack: 'Mature symbiote, Immature host'
                Teal'c: 'Indeed'
                Artifysial: 'Thanks a million'

Comment

Originally posted by Artifysial View Post
                  I hope the characters are interesting. I am totally impressed they have Robert Carlyle and Lou Diamond Phillips !
                  Two fine actors, for that alone I'd watch SGU, evening if I didn't already like all the Stargate SG-1 and SGA already.

MCH
                  sigpic
                  Thanks to DS for my siggy

Comment

I think my favourite characters will be Scott and Greer They seems like two cool military guys and i think i'm going to be able to identify myself with Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      I have never really been that attracted to any of the girls in Stargate. Sure they were not ugly, but certainly not pin up girls by any stretch. It seemed the girls of fandom had all the fun when it came to having a good perve watching Stargate....until now!!

well..there not meant to be pin-up girls.....then again it is tv and everyones always attractive on tv.

i also found certain female characters more attractive because of their charaters alone. like carter and weir, they were obviously intellignet characters and as such were more attractive than others

Comment

Of course the cast is important but the cast is only one part of the puzzle that makes SGU successful. The story, setting, and directors are also important
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Not even Adria?
                          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Eternal Density View Post
                            Not even Adria?
                            My mistake....completely forgot about her!!
                            sigpic

Comment

My mistake....completely forgot about her!!
                              Ahh, that's alright then. My work here is done. *rubs hands together*
                              "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
                              Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
                              Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
                              Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
                              Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Working...
                              X