This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

which gate is the primary now?

now that Atlantis is on earth does the Atlantis gate supersede the one at the SGC? if I remember correctly isn't it the gate with a dialer that would become the primary gate,

the primary gate is always the pegasus gate when there is one present

Comment

I would say no. The fact that it is a gate from another galaxy/network probably voids the the Atlantis gate from superseding the Milky Way gate. I don't think the Atlantis DHD would make a difference in this case. I'm sure the Ancients, being the clever beings they were, probably had this thought out.

Then again, maybe not, and the presence of the Pegasus gate just screws up the whole network. It'd make a great movie (They can call it Avenger 2.1).
      sigpic

Just repeat to yourself; "It's just a show, I should really just relax."

Comment

The Pegasus stargate always takes precedence so Atlantis' stargate woud be the primary until they implement some sort of workaround like they had to do for the Midway station.

Comment

Originally posted by CYBEREAGLE19 View Post
          now that Atlantis is on earth does the Atlantis gate supersede the one at the SGC? if I remember correctly isn't it the gate with a dialer that would become the primary gate,
          Don't they both have a dialler?
          sigpic

Comment

dhd has nothing to do with it when it comes to pegasus and mw gates, even then i doubt it deals with the dhd, i believe its the newer the gate the more priority.

But it has been stated many times Pegasus takes priority
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Without the Atlantis gate being calibrated so that it knew where it was in space (and could update the network with its location), would it be the superior gate?

(And it wouldn't matter much if they actually disabled the gate in order to keep it from interfering with the SGC gate.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffala View Post
                Without the Atlantis gate being calibrated so that it knew where it was in space (and could update the network with its location), would it be the superior gate?

(And it wouldn't matter much if they actually disabled the gate in order to keep it from interfering with the SGC gate.)
                But the Atlantis gate address would have absolutely nothing to do to where it actually was in space. That part of the gate address system always bugs me.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrustMeIamADoctor View Post
                  Don't they both have a dialler?
                  yes but atlantis has an original dhd , earth built their own so the one with the original dhd usually takes presidence
                  Last edited by pookey; 15 August 2009, 05:44 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

also remember atlantis used to be docked on earth, I'm doubting that it had a gate when it was on earth and they built the gate when they arrived in Pegasus so they could connect to that network, rember the city ship in the tower didn't have a gate in its control room,

Comment

Gate With DHD > Gate Without DHD

Pegasus Gate > Milky Way Gate, regardless of DHD.

Pegasus Gate is newer AND has a DHD. So it TOTALLY supersedes the Milky Way Stargate on Earth. Unless they specifically create a work-around.

Comment

Atlantis is the primary receiving gate while within Earth's orbit. It cannot, however, dial a Milky Way gate without recalibration of the Pegasus DHD (the only gate Atlantis can dial is Earth's, because both MW and PG gates possess Earth's PoO). Yet, any MW gate can dial Atlantis's gate, because it is now on Earth. If a Pegasus gate were placed on another MW world, it probably wouldn't override the MW gates' dialing functions. However, it would probably receive the incoming wormhole.
                        Never, never, never believe any war will be smooth or easy...

... or that any man can measure the tides and hurricanes he will
                        encounter on the strange journey.

Spoiler:

2 Cor. 10:3-5
                        3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
                        4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
                        5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

Comment

The Atlantis stargate is now the primary stargate. Any SGC teams off world will have to gate in to Atlantis; unless they create a work around like they did on the midway station.

Comment

wouldn,t they take atlantis back 2 the pegasaus galaxy. i would think that they would. they probaly just stayed to repair some systems and get some suppies.

i could be wrong but they would have to go back to pegasaus to fight the wraith

Comment

the pegasus gate take precedent over the milkyway gate regardless if they both have dhds or dont.

Comment

Working...
                              X