This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lantea (SGA Spoilers)

Well I often wondered what the original ocean planet that Atlantis was on was called. Ford suggested "Atlantica", which of course was rejected. Anyways, in Season 2 I remember Michael saying "Atlantean" And all over the internet I keep seeing the planet is called Lantea and the Pegasus Ancients were called Lanteans. Well I missed a brief part of season 3 which I need to catch up but I don't recall in the series them ever saying Lantean or the planet Lantea. I just remember hearing "Atlantean". Anyways my question is what episode does it finally give light to the name Lantea and Lantean? This honestly has been tickling my curiosity for years.

Thanks in advance!

It was never ever said when the planet was named Lantea. It was just over time accpeated that was the planet's name. It may have a lot to do with the fact that the Wraith called the Ancients, Atlanteans and Atlantis was the Ancients home base. So put 2 and 2 together
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I don't think your looking into my post far enough. GateWorld and everywhere else lists it as Lantean not Atlantean. The Wraith have said "Atlantean" yet everywhere on the net calls it Lantean. Theres a difference there..

Comment

one of the possible dozens of examples is in the return part 1 (season3, which you missed a part)
        Spoiler:
        one of the ancients says to the incoming replicators that the city is "back under lantean control".
        I believe I heard todd say it somewhere too so....

Comment

Thank you =)

Comment

Lantean: Ancient living in Pegasus Galaxy
            Atlantean: Tau'ri human inhabiting Atlantis

End of story.
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              Lantean: Ancient living in Pegasus Galaxy
              Atlantean: Tau'ri human inhabiting Atlantis

End of story.
              You know, that's funny. At (PoO) Lantean. Hehehe.
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
              Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
              If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
              Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

s09119's explanation is my understanding of the series as well.

Comment

i dont think it matters...lantean or atlantean...or ancient..or alteran.....i just think that they call the planet lantea after teh common name for the ancients in the pegasus

Comment

From everything I've seen "Lantean" is used to refer to Pegasus ancients, such as when Aurora class ships are referred to as Lantean Warships or when the Wraith refer to the anceints as "Lanteans." However the Genii have referred to the current Atlantis expedition as "Atlanteans" several times.

Comment

Working...
                    X