This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU on Syfy.com

Will Syfy be making full episodes available for streaming on their website? Has their been any mention of it? I know that the last few episodes of Battlestar Galactica were on the website ... maybe that's an indication of their intentions for future programming. And since they're an NBC Universal network, and NBC streams online... maybe they will with SGU.

I only ask b/c my dorm doesn't get Syfy ...
    I'm a teenage filmmaker, and these are my films.
    youtube.com/caffruso

Originally posted by swwack91 View Post
    Will Syfy be making full episodes available for streaming on their website? Has their been any mention of it? I know that the last few episodes of Battlestar Galactica were on the website ... maybe that's an indication of their intentions for future programming. And since they're an NBC Universal network, and NBC streams online... maybe they will with SGU.

Definately a possibility. It will also be on itunes. If you have a twitter account, you could ask syfy's twitter. They usually answer a lot of questions. Oh and I just sent you a friend request on your youtube account.
    sigpic

Comment

At the moment their has been no (that I recall) release about legal streaming for SGU so all we can do is speculate. Yes its true in the past that for the most part SciFi streamed their shows on their website and Hulu. However for some reason Stargate was always absent from legal streaming on SciFi in the past years. I suspect MGM wouldn't allow it but I can't be certain On the other hand legal streaming for SG1 and SGA has been popping up a lot this summer. So I say you have a 50/50 chance to see it legally in October.

Wow your uni must be cheap. I get only basic cable in my dorm and I get SyFy
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by swwack91 View Post

It won't be available on-line until the season completes it's run. So you are likely talking next summer maybe?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
          It won't be available on-line until the season completes it's run. So you are likely talking next summer maybe?
          Do you have a source? I think it is likely episodes will be put up the next day, at least on Hulu. While Syfy hasn't done this much in the past, they are doing it for Warehouse 13, so it seems likely that SGU will get similar treatment.

Comment

Briangate is a mod on the SyFy forums and as a result has some contact with the SyFy people upstairs so I would consider his word mildly reliable. The problem with your arguement though prattmic is in the past SyFY would release a lot episodes online a day or so after they aired on TV. Stargate however was not one of these shows so its up in the air.
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              Bummer I won't be able to watch it until then I don't have cable
              I guess I will just have to see how fandom receives it because I love spoilers
              sigpic
              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by prattmic View Post
                Do you have a source? I think it is likely episodes will be put up the next day, at least on Hulu. While Syfy hasn't done this much in the past, they are doing it for Warehouse 13, so it seems likely that SGU will get similar treatment.
                You have to remember Warehouse13 and SGU are different shows. MGM owns SGU so things are different. They waited for SGA to run it's entire season before they put up eps, so I expect them to do the same for SGU. That is what I was told. Things change all the time.

BTW, here is my source...

http://forum.gateworld.net/member.php?u=11231
                Last edited by Briangate78; 13 August 2009, 05:34 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Its worth bearing in mind that the whole "legal streaming" thing is a concept that has only really picked up in the last couple of years. Thus far, Stargate has been airing episodes for 12 years, so the fact that episodes have only been uploaded a season at a time could be little more than the result of logic: just like them uploading the SG-1 back catalogue a season at a time.

Given that we're getting 30 webisodes this year, which are going to be made available online, that's presumably a good sign. Sure, they're intended for web release (its not like they can beam them out via any other format, anyhow), but it shows that MGM is willing for at least some content from the franchise - beyond behind the scenes stuff - to be made available online.

There are still six or seven weeks to go though, so who knows what'll happen come October.
                  Captain Untouchable
                  Captain's Blog

Comment

Working...
                  X