This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU's shuttle

Could the SGU's shuttle be the ship that the lost tribe used? The design, the suits, that ship lost vs travellers meaning it is quite old or just not meant for combat - a shuttle... (?)
    sigpic

i would be outraged if true

Comment

Originally posted by Edi View Post
      Could the SGU's shuttle be the ship that the lost tribe used? The design, the suits, that ship lost vs travellers meaning it is quite old or just not meant for combat - a shuttle... (?)
      That is a good idea.... i would love to see those ships again. Even though they are weak as hell....

Comment

I think that those ships are a little big to be "shuttles."

Look at the image below:
        Spoiler:

See those three specks coming out of the hole on the bottom? Those are people.

Even if the shuttles in universe are much larger than a Puddle Jumper, there is almost no way that they are going to be that big.
        "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
        - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
        - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
        - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

I would call that very unlikely considering the time the destiny was launched around fifty million years ago and the time the Asgard invented their first hyperdrive, which happened around 30000 years ago.
          And possibly theses shuttles were even designed in Pegasus due to the new environment the evil Asgard live in.

Considering the budget TPTB should be ashamed if they reuse these CGI models...
          sigpic
          A lot of the things that made Stargate awesome, but just with steroids, spread all over it. - Brian J. Smith

Comment

How could they be? Thats asgard technology?
            I dunno what to put in here now..

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post
              How could they be? Thats asgard technology?
              From what wee know they might just salvaged the ships from the Ancients. We see those suits, or atleast bit up/ downgraded, in SGU and I doubt there is Asgard tech. there lying around, so the suits must be salvaged by Asgard from Ancients. So could be with the ships.
              sigpic

Comment

From what wee know they might just salvaged the ships from the Ancients. We see those suits, or atleast bit up/ downgraded, in SGU and I doubt there is Asgard tech. there lying around, so the suits must be salvaged by Asgard from Ancients. So could be with the ships.
                Thats a bit of stretch, they never mentioned anything about salavaging ancient ships, they just said that they didn't have the resources to build more, and considering they had a few identical ships.. its pretty unlikely that they salvaged several identical functioning ships from the ancients....

Also they said in 'The Lost Tribe' that they retreated to a toxic planet which first only required gas masks but eventually they needed full suits, and again its pretty unlikely that they could acquire the necessary amount of functioning suits from the ancients without them noticing, and the suits do look different and when you think about it.....its a pretty basic design asthetically...

and given the millions of years between the races, its extremely unlikely that there is any connection there...

Comment

We just have to hope they don't reuse the exact propsuits and build some new CGI models as well.
                  sigpic
                  A lot of the things that made Stargate awesome, but just with steroids, spread all over it. - Brian J. Smith

Comment

The ship they were using was able to pass through Atlantis' shield just like a puddle jumper could, which suggests it is a Lantean ship. As we are told on the episode 'First Contact' and 'Lost Tribe' the Lanteans were unaware of the presence of the Asgard in Pegasus. So they wouldn't have designed their shield to allow Asgard ships to pass through. It is possible that they found these ships on an abandoned Lantean planet, they did leave a lot of technology on planets in Pegasus. For all we know there could only be a very few Asgard left, we were told the reason they are stuck in Pegasus is because the Wraith destroyed their intergalactic ships. Why would they have brought interstellar ships along with them too?
                    Does it say Colonel anywhere on my uniform?

Comment

Originally posted by malfunction View Post
                      The ship they were using was able to pass through Atlantis' shield just like a puddle jumper could, which suggests it is a Lantean ship.
                      Well considering that the Ancients and the Asgard were part of an alliance it's possible that the Ancients provided the Asgard with a way to pass through their shields.

As we are told on the episode 'First Contact' and 'Lost Tribe' the Lanteans were unaware of the presence of the Asgard in Pegasus.
                      Do you have a quote for this? My understanding is the Lanteans were just too busy with the Wraith to interfere with the Asgard's research.

For all we know there could only be a very few Asgard left, we were told the reason they are stuck in Pegasus is because the Wraith destroyed their intergalactic ships. Why would they have brought interstellar ships along with them too?
                      Well it's possible that the intergalactic ships could have carried the interstellar ships to Pegasus. These were basically rogue Asgards so it would have made sense to sneak away with everyone rather than leave some of their people behind to be interrogated by the High Council. Also, they knew before they left that a war was going on so more ships would have improved their chance of survival.

Comment

But the Asgard were allies so they probably had their own code to pass the shields as part of the great alliance.

Any race capable of hyperspace travel would probably not build any larger ship without any form of hyperdrive. But as far as we know it might be a good possibility that at the time these rogue Asgard went to Pegasus they hadn't that much intergalactic drives. Perhaps even all from the ancients and the Asgard high council wasn't very happy to loose them so they picked just one, and had a few smaller ships in the hangars.

P.S. Three minutes
                        Last edited by Helmar; 11 August 2009, 02:26 PM. Reason: P.S. There was someone faster...
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Puddle-Jumper View Post

Also they said in 'The Lost Tribe' that they retreated to a toxic planet which first only required gas masks but eventually they needed full suits, and again its pretty unlikely that they could acquire the necessary amount of functioning suits from the ancients without them noticing, and the suits do look different and when you think about it.....its a pretty basic design asthetically...
                          By the time they retreated to the toxic planet, the Ancients had already abandoned Pegasus.

And no, it's not just a passing similarity. The Lost Tribe's suits and those shown in the SGU trailer were exactly the same...except for the helmet.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                            And no, it's not just a passing similarity. The Lost Tribe's suits and those shown in the SGU trailer were exactly the same...except for the helmet.
                            Then they're not exactly the same There is still the fact of the millions of years seperating the destiny and the Asgard going to Pegasus, millions.....

Comment

Which is why it's possible that the suits were originally Ancient designed.

Hey, maybe the Asgard's suits were museum pieces?

Comment

Working...
                              X