X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The End

Sorry if this has been done!

When SG1 and Atlantis ended both series finales were rushed and poorly planned. On top of this, the fans were never really given a fitting conclusion to either series. (SG1 was arguably through the two DVD movies)

So does anyone think that TPTB should plan to end SGU after a certain number of seasons? Kind of like Lost how the network and the writers knew a couple of years ago that the current season would be the last.

I think that if TPTB decided that they will wrap everything up after say, 5 seasons then the show will be able to be more suitably written and provide a satisfying conclusion to the story.

Thoughts?
    Meh.

yes! 4 or 5 seasons would be imho. great.
    Stolen Kosovo
    sigpic

Comment

While I agree that they should plan the ending very carefully, I'd prefer them to just keep the ball rolling and go for as many seasons of SGU as possible.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
        Sorry if this has been done!

When SG1 and Atlantis ended both series finales were rushed and poorly planned. On top of this, the fans were never really given a fitting conclusion to either series. (SG1 was arguably through the two DVD movies)

So does anyone think that TPTB should plan to end SGU after a certain number of seasons? Kind of like Lost how the network and the writers knew a couple of years ago that the current season would be the last.

I think that if TPTB decided that they will wrap everything up after say, 5 seasons then the show will be able to be more suitably written and provide a satisfying conclusion to the story.

Thoughts?
        Then They would break the cycle!

Fans shouldn't get there hopes up for a good end to a show, it's better if we have a more realistic view that it's not going to be what we want, and it's probably going to suck.

Comment

I think it's a bit too early to be asking this question. But I do think that the "let's end the series and make dvd movies instead" approach doesn't sit will with a lot of the fans, so I hope they find a better way of doing it.
          If they do manage to bring this series to a satisfying end, then there might be a bit less negativity about the next series. One might hope. Yeah, I don't think there's any way to avoid that really
          "Most people who are watching TV are semi-catatonic. They're not fully alive." - U.S. District Court Judge Timothy Batten Sr.
          Ronald Greer is also a medic. Your argument is invalid.
          Originally posted by J-Whitt Remastered
          Secondly, I think that everything DigiFluid is good.
          Sandcastle Builder: The game of XKCD: Time

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
            Then They would break the cycle!

Fans shouldn't get there hopes up for a good end to a show, it's better if we have a more realistic view that it's not going to be what we want, and it's probably going to suck.
            well the end doesn't necessarily have to be al heart warming and touching, hell it could end with the destruction of the ship or the deaths of many a crewmen.
            Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Tawny View Post
              While I agree that they should plan the ending very carefully, I'd prefer them to just keep the ball rolling and go for as many seasons of SGU as possible.
              every story that has a beginning, has an end. And since I hated both 1020 and 520 + SG-1 movies were even worse, I hope TPTB will plan the conclusion in advance
              Stolen Kosovo
              sigpic

Comment

well the end doesn't necessarily have to be al heart warming and touching, hell it could end with the destruction of the ship or the deaths of many a crewmen.
                or they could just live rest of their lives on some planet and then a cut to a distant future, where humans from Earth find their corpses
                Stolen Kosovo
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by g.o.d View Post
                  every story that has a beginning, has an end. And since I hated both 1020 and 520 + SG-1 movies were even worse, I hope TPTB will plan the conclusion in advance
                  Totally agree. It's almost as though TPTB couldn't let go of both SG1 and SGA and tried to milk it for all it was worth (or they thought it was worth).
                  Meh.

Comment

I do NOT want them returning home. I would prefer they all die, or are lost forever. If they end up returning home, it's going to ruin it for me. I don't want anymore "heart" filled endings. Its been done to death. and that's pretty much how all shows end.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Wake View Post
                      I do NOT want them returning home. I would prefer they all die, or are lost forever. If they end up returning home, it's going to ruin it for me. I don't want anymore "heart" filled endings. Its been done to death. and that's pretty much how all shows end.
                      If you had to choose between them all dying or being lost forever, what would be your choice?
                      Meh.

Comment

I have to say, out of all of the franchise so far, the thing I least liked was the Ori story arc. I liked the character developments, just not the story itself.
                        sigpic

Comment

If you had to choose between them all dying or being lost forever, what would be your choice?
                          Probably lost forever, because it gives us the feeling that the show is still going on even though it stopped, the characters are still out there somewhere. know what I mean?

If they all die, that's it. It's over.

So lost forever

Comment

I think Syfy/MGM and the production should put their foot down and make the decision to end the series together, before the next season goes into production, so the writers know that they have 1 season left to finish the story.

So, it's kind of like renewing the show for 2 seasons, but knowing for sure that the 2nd of those is the last.

Comment

Originally posted by PG15 View Post
                              I think Syfy/MGM and the production should put their foot down and make the decision to end the series together, before the next season goes into production, so the writers know that they have 1 season left to finish the story.

So, it's kind of like renewing the show for 2 seasons, but knowing for sure that the 2nd of those is the last.
                              Lost it well with this. they had a basic outline planned for the series, and pushed for a 6 season series.

I believe they are able to write the stories, and plan ahead better because of this.

Universe should take note from that.

Comment

Working...
                              X