PDA

View Full Version : Iron Man 3 - News/Discussion/Speculation

Madwelshboy
August 10th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Jon Favreau 'confirms Iron Man 3'

Jon Favreau has confirmed that there will be a third instalment in the Iron Man franchise, it has been reported.

The filmmaker, who is currently shooting the superhero series' first sequel, said that the trilogy may be completed before the Avengers movie goes into production, Movies Online reports.

He said: "There's an Iron Man 3. Here's how I know. When they make the option deals, they include Iron Man 3. So I know they're planning on 3. Whether that would be before or after Avengers, they've announced that Avengers is next but they pushed back The Avengers once, which I thought was encouraging."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/a167709/jon-favreau-confirms-iron-man-3.html

the fifth man
August 10th, 2009, 07:31 PM
No complaints from this fan.:)

SaberBlade
August 10th, 2009, 08:52 PM
No complaints from this fan either. I'd rather they do The Avengers after Iron Man 2. I think Iron Man 2 is going to be great, and there is no need to rush Iron Man 3, and I think being able to do Iron Man 3 after The Avengers would be able open Iron Man 3 to more potential stories and even cameos.

Madwelshboy
September 2nd, 2009, 05:05 AM
Cowboys and Aliens May Delay Avengers and Iron Man 3!

This from Collider...

Yesterday we learn that Disney bought Marvel Studios and today we’re learning that Robert Downey Jr. and Jon Favreau will delay “The Avengers” and a potential “Iron Man 3? to do Alex Kurtzman Roberto Orci, and Damon Lindelof’s adaptation of Fred Van Lente and Andrew Foley’s graphic novel, “Cowboys & Aliens”.

According to The Hollywood Reporter’s Heat Vision Blog Downey and Favreau are reteaming but they’re making “Cowboys & Aliens” their next project. That completely botches a 2012 Avengers, because that year is now for “Cowboys & Aliens”. And since Downey is officially signed on for “The Avengers”, it means we’re seeing that in 2014 at the earliest. And if “Iron Man 3? comes into the picture (and I can’t think of a reason why it wouldn’t) then we’re talking a project slate that hurts my brain to even think about it.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/cowboys_and_aliens/news/?a=9715

the fifth man
September 2nd, 2009, 08:11 PM
I really don't like Avengers and Iron Man 3 being pushed back for that. What can we do though?

kennythewraith
September 2nd, 2009, 08:24 PM
I really don't like Avengers and Iron Man 3 being pushed back for that. What can we do though?

we can riot in front of downey and favreau house until they decide to do avngers and iron man 3 thats wat we can do.....lol but seriously there isnt anything we can do.

the fifth man
September 3rd, 2009, 07:21 PM
we can riot in front of downey and favreau house until they decide to do avngers and iron man 3 thats wat we can do.....lol but seriously there isnt anything we can do.

At least, for now, we can look forward to Iron Man 2.

Madwelshboy
October 9th, 2009, 05:56 AM
There Might Be A Big Love In Iron Man 3

Josh Tyler of Cinemablend is reporting that Jon Favreau's Elf and Made alum, Faizon Love, might have a part in Iron Man 3, and not just any part - He might be playing the villain.

Faizon says, “They already tried to put me in Iron Man but I couldn't. I think I would make it suck.” Love says that Favreau thinks he’d make a good villain and though he’s been resistant to the idea in the past now he says, “Maybe I should just get it out of my way and just do it?”

It seems that Favreau thinks highly of Faizon, though it's already too late to insert the big guy for Iron Man 2. A big enough slate may be available for him, for a very likely sequel. Love will be seen next with Favreau, on Couples Retreat, showing this 2009.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/portals/news/?a=10734

Replicator Todd
October 15th, 2009, 10:49 PM
I hope to see The Mandarin as the villain.

Madwelshboy
January 14th, 2010, 01:39 AM
'Iron Man 3' to feature alcoholism?

Iron Man comic book artist Bob Layton has claimed that the third movie in the blockbuster franchise could see superhero Tony Stark slip into alcoholism.

Layton, who co-created the War Machine character and consulted on the script for the forthcoming Iron Man movie, suggested that a further sequel will be based on the 'Demon In A Bottle' storyline from the original Marvel comics.

He told MTV: "I think they've come up with a terrific segue to the third film, which I think is going to be fairly powerful. My understanding is that the third film could very well be the 'Demon In A Bottle' story mixed in there with everything and I'm kind of looking forward to that, if that's where they wind up going."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a194987/iron-man-3-to-feature-alcoholism.html

Replicator Todd
January 14th, 2010, 09:16 AM
I thought Iron Man 2 was following the alcoholism story from the comics (Demon in a Bottle). Oh well, i'm sure its going to be great!

the fifth man
January 14th, 2010, 06:50 PM
I thought Iron Man 2 was following the alcoholism story from the comics (Demon in a Bottle). Oh well, i'm sure its going to be great!

As am I. Iron Man 2 should be one terrific sequel, and hopefully, Iron Man 3 will be even better.:)

Pharaoh Atem
January 29th, 2010, 08:57 PM
one at a time please :P

the fifth man
January 30th, 2010, 07:30 PM
one at a time please :P

Believe me, I totally agree. There is no sense in getting too far ahead of ourselves.

Madwelshboy
March 25th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Iron Man 3 & The Hangover 2 Looking To Start Shooting This Fall

Not that this should be a big surprise to anyone, but in a recent interview with actor Robert Downey Jr. about another movie he is currently working on with actor Zach Galifianakis called "Due Date," Downey Jr. is quoted as saying he expects to suit up for Iron Man 3 this fall.

http://enewsi.com/news.php?itemid=17066

SaberBlade
March 25th, 2010, 12:58 PM
That's not bad. Seems a bit early to start filming again I think, but no surprise since Iron Man 2 should be the biggest hit of the summer.

nx01a
March 25th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Never too soon.:)
'Tony as alcoholic' is the other iconic story of Iron Man, along with his origin and the Armour Wars. Makes perfect sense to end the trilogy on Tony's lowest point and overcoming it.

Major_Griff
March 26th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Well from a literary standpoint IM was 'the rise', so logically the alcoholism should come into play in part two 'the fall' and then 'the redemption/resurrection' should be part three, but I guess the Avengers throws a wrench in that if IM3 does take place after Avengers, though if it's shooting this fall it might very well come out before The Avengers and therefore take place before it.

nx01a
March 26th, 2010, 11:38 AM
You're looking at it like a Shakespeare play. :D They're separate and distinct movies... unless 2/3 are secretly a 2 parter. After two movies of success and ever-increasing pressure, Tony finally snaps in the third one and starts living in the alcohol gutter. Can he redeem himself? Can he save the world before AA time? Last movie, last chance. ;)

Madwelshboy
March 26th, 2010, 12:12 PM
The guys at comicvine make an interesting point about this recent news.

Film School Rejects brings up the notion that they could just be talking about the AVENGERS movie considering how unfeasible it’d be to fit two blockbuster-sized movies into summer 2012 this late in the game. I’d have to agree with them because, considering there’s no direct quote from Downey, I can easily see it being a case of him saying, “I’m going to be playing Iron Man again,” in reference to AVENGERS and press people then ASSUMING it was a third solo flick.

http://www.comicvine.com/news/iron-man-3-coming-the-same-summer-as-avengers/140744/

Madwelshboy
April 29th, 2010, 12:53 PM
Downey Jr discusses 'Iron Man 3' plans

Robert Downey Jr has revealed that Iron Man will return in a third movie to be made after The Avengers is complete. The actor recently reprised his role as Tony Stark in Iron Man 2, starring opposite Gwyneth Paltrow, Mickey Rourke and Scarlett Johansson.

Despite the sequel only being released this week, Downey Jr confirmed that plans are already afoot for the character to return in a solo outing after The Avengers, which will see Iron Man team up with The Hulk, Thor and Captain America on the big screen.

He told MTV news: "I think it's [Iron Man 3] going to go down. [The Avengers is] supposedly first on [Marvel Entertainment's] docket. I have some pretty strong ideas, but they never seem to be too discordant with what the creative execs at Marvel are thinking anyway.

"It's all there. There's a little bit of a bunch of different storylines from different decades [in the comics]."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a217396/downey-jr-discusses-iron-man-3-plans.html

Madwelshboy
May 10th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Favreau talks IM3: "You gotta do the Mandarin"

We all know there's going to be an Iron Man 3, right? With Iron Man 2 having already taken in an estimated $133.6 million domestically, that much is guaranteed. The only thing we don't know is—what's Iron Man 3 going to be about?

Turns out director Jon Favreau doesn't entirely know either. As he recently told MTV News (as you can see in the video clip below), "There's so much I don't understand about what the world is going to be like then." With Tony Stark's world affected by such upcoming films as Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger and The Avengers, Favreau isn't quite sure what kind of playing field his armored hero will be left with.

The one thing he does know is that his villain is going to be the power-ring-wielding Mandarin, even though "the way it's depicted in the comic books, you don't want to see that."

http://scifiwire.com/2010/05/favreau-talks-im3-you-got.php?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Madwelshboy
October 18th, 2010, 12:08 PM
Iron Man 3 Gets A Release Date

Coming off the news of Disney/Marvel and Paramount's new distribution deal, we now have an official release date for the third installment in Jon Favreau's Iron Man franchise..

We knew Iron Man 3 was on the cards, but director Jon Favraeu hasn't said much about it so far. Now we have some news, with Disney acquiring the distribution rights, and now the official release date of May 3rd 2013.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=24131

the fifth man
October 19th, 2010, 06:48 PM
Iron Man 3 Gets A Release Date

Coming off the news of Disney/Marvel and Paramount's new distribution deal, we now have an official release date for the third installment in Jon Favreau's Iron Man franchise..

We knew Iron Man 3 was on the cards, but director Jon Favraeu hasn't said much about it so far. Now we have some news, with Disney acquiring the distribution rights, and now the official release date of May 3rd 2013.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=24131

May 3, 2013? Definitely a date to look forward to.

Madwelshboy
December 14th, 2010, 11:13 PM
Jon Favreau 'won't direct Iron Man 3'

Jon Favreau has reportedly decided not to direct Iron Man 3.

According to NY Mag, the director - who helmed the previous two installations of the famous franchise - informed Marvel Studios this week that he would not return for the next film.

No reason was given for the decision, but sources told the publication that Favreau was "frustrated" with the studio's desire to include more characters from other comics into the next project.

He also spoke to MTV News last month, admitting that he was unsure what Iron Man 3 would be about. "In theory, Iron Man 3 is going to be a sequel or continuation of Thor, Hulk, Captain America and Avengers," he said. "This whole world… I have no idea what it is. I don’t think they do either, from conversations I’ve had with those guys."

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/news/a293284/jon-favreau-wont-direct-iron-man-3.html

SaberBlade
December 15th, 2010, 04:37 AM
I can understand where he's coming from. He wants to make Iron Man 3, but they seem to want him to turn it into quasi-Avengers 2.

I think the point of doing an Avengers movie is to get these characters together, not take a Hulk/Thor/Iron Man movie and spam it with the other characters. If they really want the characters doing that sort of thing, hurry up and make the Nick Fury movie. It's still early days though, as we need to wait for Avengers before we get Iron Man 3.

I hope the next writer doesn't write out Happy Hogan.

the fifth man
December 18th, 2010, 08:53 PM
I really hope they don't throw too many other characters into Iron Man 3. The Iron Man movies should focus on Iron Man.

Pharaoh Atem
December 18th, 2010, 11:27 PM
3rd one better have lots of war machine or i will still not make a effort to watch these movies

gotthammer
December 19th, 2010, 03:38 AM
More Black Widow would be nice. :D

SaberBlade
December 19th, 2010, 11:43 AM
3rd one better have lots of war machine or i will still not make a effort to watch these movies

I'd hope for less War Machine. Don Cheadle didn't do anything to make me think he'd a better choice than Terrance Howard, or that a sequel should involve him.

the fifth man
December 19th, 2010, 05:12 PM
More Black Widow would be nice. :D

Certainly wouldn't hurt.;)

Replicator Todd
December 19th, 2010, 09:33 PM
I really hope they don't throw too many other characters into Iron Man 3. The Iron Man movies should focus on Iron Man.

Yup definitely! But I do believe Marvel has a problem, as much as I love the guys something fishy is going on at Marvel IMO. First Terrance Howard, then Edward Norton, and now Jon Favreau?!

the fifth man
December 20th, 2010, 07:00 PM
Yup definitely! But I do believe Marvel has a problem, as much as I love the guys something fishy is going on at Marvel IMO. First Terrance Howard, then Edward Norton, and now Jon Favreau?!

As long as the movies are still good, that is all that matters to me.

Replicator Todd
December 20th, 2010, 07:38 PM
As long as the movies are still good, that is all that matters to me.

In the end, I agree as long as they are good. But...still....fishy. :p

the fifth man
December 21st, 2010, 06:07 PM
In the end, I agree as long as they are good. But...still....fishy. :p

Yeah, I know what you mean.

Madwelshboy
February 18th, 2011, 10:56 AM
Shane Black To Direct Marvel's 'Iron Man 3'

The ever secretive Marvel Studios is in final negotiations with Shane Black to direct Iron Man 3 set to be released on May 3, 2013. As you know , IM1 and IM2 director Jon Favreau begged off to helm Magic Kingdom at Disney so his relationship with the franchise ran its course. Shane is first and foremost a writer but it's not clear whether he'll be penning the IM3 script as well. "That's not figured out," our source says. Of course, everyone in and around Marvel is keeping mum.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/shane-black-to-direct-marvels-iron-man-3/#more-107290

SaberBlade
February 18th, 2011, 05:44 PM
Not sure what to think of Shane Black.

His only role as director was another RDjr movie called "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" which I did enjoy. I'm not really sure it's enough to warrant his choice as IM3's director. That said, Fav's stuff was fairly crap and he got to do IM1/2. As a writer, I like Black's stuff so if he writes any part of the movie, I'm sure to enjoy it.

DigiFluid
April 9th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Sir Ben Kingsley in talks to take role of villain in Iron Man 3 (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/09/ben-kinglsey-iron-man-3-villain_n_1413378.html)

the fifth man
April 9th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Kingsley would make a great bad guy. I hope they get him.

DigiFluid
April 25th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Scarlett Johansson confirms, Black Widow won't be appearing in Iron Man 3 (http://www.metro.co.uk/film/897229-scarlett-johansson-black-widow-will-not-appear-in-iron-man-3)

the fifth man
April 25th, 2012, 06:45 PM
I am slightly disappointed.

Teddybrown
May 8th, 2012, 01:21 PM
Jessica Chastain bows out of Iron Man 3.
http://uk.omg.yahoo.com/news/jessica-chastain-bows-iron-man-3-162812350.html

DigiFluid
May 8th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Shame; I like her.

I'm not sure I've ever seen anything she's been in, but she seemed like a very nice person when she was on Conan O'Brien a while back. And yes, hot.

Teddybrown
May 8th, 2012, 03:24 PM
Her brief explanation of her role was what intruiged me
The Help star was set to play a scientist who develops a terrifying virus in the superhero sequel

mr_kennedy
May 8th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Dissapointed that Black Widow won't be in the sequel and also that the villain isn't Mandarin :(

python490
May 8th, 2012, 04:10 PM
Hope Iron Man 3 is good.

the fifth man
May 9th, 2012, 05:41 PM
Hope Iron Man 3 is good.

I think we all do, my friend.:)

WingedPegasus
May 15th, 2012, 04:55 PM
Her brief explanation of her role was what intruiged me
The Help star was set to play a scientist who develops a terrifying virus in the superhero sequel

Dang, that would've been cool. It's fairly likely they'll just recast the role, though, right?

the fifth man
May 15th, 2012, 04:58 PM
Dang, that would've been cool. It's fairly likely they'll just recast the role, though, right?

I would think so.

Sp!der
May 17th, 2012, 08:17 AM
Im pretty certain that it will be good... couldn't they bring Whedon on board to all the future Marvel movies ? It must not be always the director but as a consultant, producer or co-writer would be awesome.

DigiFluid
May 17th, 2012, 08:26 AM
I'd rather see a diversity of creative teams, honestly.

Teddybrown
May 17th, 2012, 10:02 AM
Is there a predetermined story or story aspects that these movies have to follow or put in now as obviously with different directors and collective films, people could have different ideas on the directions of individual films?
Obviously with Iron Man 1 and 2, Thor and Capt America, they used these films to put in things that would then lead into the Avengers story like the Tesseract

Teddybrown
May 25th, 2012, 02:38 PM
Jon Favreau will return in an acting role reprising his role as Happy Hogan and William Sadler joins IM3s cast.

DigiFluid
May 25th, 2012, 03:23 PM
And in the wake of The Avengers' huge success, Iron Man 3's budget has received a healthy bump from $140m to $200m (http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/21437/marvel-increases-the-budget-of-iron-man-3)

mr_kennedy
May 25th, 2012, 03:34 PM
Is there a predetermined story or story aspects that these movies have to follow or put in now as obviously with different directors and collective films, people could have different ideas on the directions of individual films?
Obviously with Iron Man 1 and 2, Thor and Capt America, they used these films to put in things that would then lead into the Avengers story like the Tesseract

I have a feeling that Iron Man 3, Cap 2, Thor 2, hulk (if we get another one) will all lead up to Avengers 2, like what they did with Iron Man 1 & 2, Cap, Thor, Incredible Hulk

Maybe even thro in Antman and Nickfury (or shield whatever there gonna call it) movies if there still happening

the fifth man
May 25th, 2012, 06:13 PM
And in the wake of The Avengers' huge success, Iron Man 3's budget has received a healthy bump from $140m to $200m (http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/21437/marvel-increases-the-budget-of-iron-man-3)

Yeah, that is definitely a healthy increase.

Klenotka
May 27th, 2012, 08:07 AM

I guess if they will really go with the Extremis storyline, they could tie it even to Avengers 3 in the future (Feige hinted they could deal with a Civil War storyline in that one). I am really curious which way they want to go but I can´t wait to see IM3. I am not too excited about Thor 2 or Cap 2 (I liked both movies but I just liked IM1 more and I think they were good but nothing I would keep watching over and over again), but the idea about a "techno-thriller" and Black directing (he is very good in balancing humour with seriousness - watch Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang :)) and that Stark will be cut of the world makes me think they will really go the "Stark loses everything" route. No wonder RDJ is so excited about this movie.

DigiFluid
May 27th, 2012, 08:13 AM
I guess if they will really go with the Extremis storyline, they could tie it even to Avengers 3 in the future (Feige hinted they could deal with a Civil War storyline in that one). I am really curious which way they want to go but I can´t wait to see IM3. I am not too excited about Thor 2 or Cap 2 (I liked both movies but I just liked IM1 more and I think they were good but nothing I would keep watching over and over again), but the idea about a "techno-thriller" and Black directing (he is very good in balancing humour with seriousness - watch Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang :)) and that Stark will be cut of the world makes me think they will really go the "Stark loses everything" route. No wonder RDJ is so excited about this movie.

That would be Amazing. With a capital A.

SaberBlade
May 30th, 2012, 10:53 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/spotted-on-set-slideshow/iron-man-3-set-photos-photo-1338411686.html

Two pictures of the new villains suit. Bit disappointing the film is going to be about another guy in another suit.

Klenotka
May 31st, 2012, 08:52 AM
How do you know that? It could only mean that there is a guy in a suit. I guess they want to avoid using osborne (rights for him have Sony) and will use another character to frame Stark (in a comic-book, they use his technology against him so they make him a villain in eyes of the public.) He could struggle with anything and anybody else for the rest of the movie.

SaberBlade
May 31st, 2012, 08:55 AM
How do you know that? It could only mean that there is a guy in a suit. I guess they want to avoid using osborne (rights for him have Sony) and will use another character to frame Stark (in a comic-book, they use his technology against him so they make him a villain in eyes of the public.) He could struggle with anything and anybody else for the rest of the movie.

It says on the right side of picture "Photographers caught the first look at one of the new villains in the movie, the Iron Patriot, who is sporting armor that could give Stark a run for his money."

Teddybrown
June 6th, 2012, 01:48 AM
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/first-official-image-from-iron-man-3
First official image from Iron Man 3.

Article may contain small spoilers.
As first images go, it’s not exactly one to set tongues wagging, but for fans of the franchise, its nice to see Tony Stark back in centre stage. The suits will also be significant this time out, with the newly nanotech-equipped armour rendering Tony vulnerable to the Extremis virus.

The man behind that will be Guy Pearce’s Aldrich Killian, working in league with Ben Kingsley’s secondary villain, thought to be The Mandarin. Those two will be joined by a supporting cast groaning with talent, including Rebecca Hall, Don Cheadle, Gwyneth Paltrow, James Badge Dale, Ashley Hamilton and Jon Favreau.

tinnec
June 25th, 2012, 01:24 PM
So pumped for this! RBJ is so awesome as Tony Stark. Iron Man is always a must-see.

Teddybrown
June 25th, 2012, 04:44 PM
http://www.nextmovie.com/blog/andy-lau-iron-man-3/
Andy Lau has dropped out of IM3.

Teddybrown
July 4th, 2012, 01:27 PM
http://collider.com/iron-man-3-concept-art/177251/
New concept art for IM3.
Seems it will be based on the Extremis comic book arc.

Klenotka
July 9th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Yes, that´s been known for a while. I am excited about that idea because Extremis is one of my favourite Iron Man stories.

gkyun
July 14th, 2012, 10:59 AM
Watch out! Here comes the Iron Custard.

http://i48.tinypic.com/23j5xdw.jpg

WingedPegasus
July 14th, 2012, 12:33 PM
*SNORT* That is such an apt description. :P I hope that isn't the final version....>_> If it is, it's definitely the only Iron Man suit I don't like. Well, unless we're talking about the one he built in a cave--but that was awesome in its own right.

the fifth man
July 14th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Yeah, I hope that is not the suit he wears for the majority of this movie.

Teddybrown
July 22nd, 2012, 09:42 AM
http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-gold-armor-suit-rob-187711/
Better look at the Iron Custard suit...

http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-iron-patriot-war-machine-kofi-178150/
Also, seems the new suit on set could be War Machine.

And some more details
http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-rumors-villains-kofi-175593/

Admiral Mappalazarou
July 24th, 2012, 10:24 AM
I recently read the graphic novel they're basing one of the antagonists on so I'm excited for this. Loved the first two (and Avengers of course).

Infinite-Possibilities
July 28th, 2012, 01:25 AM
So are they going to tie the Ten Rings Gang from the first movie back to The Mandarin like we all suspected at the time or just forget about them?

Scary Kitty
July 28th, 2012, 07:04 AM
So are they going to tie the Ten Rings Gang from the first movie back to The Mandarin like we all suspected at the time or just forget about them?

It indeed looks like the Mandarin and the Ten Rings will be linked. Yay for continuity! :zelenka25:

Found a couple of videos from Comic-Con you all might enjoy...

First up is RDJ's absolutely hilarious entrance into Hall H for the panel, in full Tony Stark mode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4OHn77YNZI

Scary Kitty
July 28th, 2012, 07:05 AM
And here's the second video, of the full Marvel panel (obviously minus the actual footage shown, since CC doesn't allow filming of any exclusives shown during the panels):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAgN7WT1Atw

Enjoy!

Teddybrown
July 28th, 2012, 10:02 AM
It indeed looks like the Mandarin and the Ten Rings will be linked. Yay for continuity! :zelenka25:

Found a couple of videos from Comic-Con you all might enjoy...

First up is RDJ's absolutely hilarious entrance into Hall H for the panel, in full Tony Stark mode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4OHn77YNZI

Haha, thats brilliant!
Hes such a cool guy.

WingedPegasus
July 29th, 2012, 06:27 PM

And some more details

Dang, I really hope this isn't the suit he's stuck with forever. (I don't know much about the Extremis storyline, but I don't really know how he could change the paint job if the suit's a part of him...O.o

WingedPegasus
July 29th, 2012, 06:28 PM

And some more details

Dang, I really hope this isn't the suit he's stuck with forever. (I don't know much about the Extremis storyline, but I don't really know how he could change the paint job if the suit's a part of him...O.o

Teddybrown
August 8th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Right, lots of links, with some news.

http://screenrant.com/war-machine-avengers-2-don-cheadle-rob-188317/
Don Cheadle hints at Avengers 2.

http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-interview-robert-downey-jr
RDJ talks IM3.

http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-interview-don-cheadle-war-machine
Don Cheadle on War Machine.

http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-hulk-cameo/
No Hulk for IM3.

http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-set-photos-air-rescue-kofi-188903/
And new set photos for IM3.

And if anyones interested, the real life costs of Batman and Iron Mans suits
http://screenrant.com/iron-man-batman-costs-infographics/2/

Teddybrown
August 16th, 2012, 11:20 AM
RDJ has been injured on set, halting production...

Scary Kitty
August 16th, 2012, 02:23 PM
RDJ has been injured on set, halting production...

According to Entertainment Weekly (http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/08/16/robert-downey-jr-injures-iron-man-3/), he injured his ankle. They don't give any details on what happened (other than it was while filming a stunt) or what kind of ankle injury it is, but Marvel is saying that there's only going to be a "short delay" in filming while he recuperates. They don't sound all that worried about it, so I'm guessing it's just something sprained/overextended rather than anything broken.

DigiFluid
October 21st, 2012, 12:26 PM
So today they released a teaser trailer...to promote the actual trailer which will promote the movie. How hopelessly meta of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjTNhL1gheg

Teddybrown
October 21st, 2012, 01:53 PM
Lol, a trailer, for a trailer...
Looks good though!
Wonder whats happening to Pepper?
Im guessing from this synopsis
When an enemy disrupts that which industrialist Tony Stark/Iron Man holds most dear, he must rely on his ingenuity to protect those closest to him. Along the way, he discovers the answer to a question which has haunted him: does the suit define him, or does the man make the suit?

that the extremis virus gets used on Pepper?

Infinite-Possibilities
October 21st, 2012, 09:18 PM
I am only guessing here, but perhaps she gets made into Rescue (her comic armored alter ego with non lethal weaponry) in this movie?

Before Iron Man 2 came out, Paltrow did a photoshoot where she seemed to be getting Iron Man armor attached to her hand. Maybe that was a far in advance hint?

Teddybrown
October 22nd, 2012, 12:21 AM
I am only guessing here, but perhaps she gets made into Rescue (her comic armored alter ego with non lethal weaponry) in this movie?

Before Iron Man 2 came out, Paltrow did a photoshoot where she seemed to be getting Iron Man armor attached to her hand. Maybe that was a far in advance hint?

I did read somewhere that we might see her in a suit...

the fifth man
October 22nd, 2012, 07:06 PM
I can't wait for the official trailer.

Teddybrown
October 23rd, 2012, 12:43 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECyqWJlB1bc

Boom! Its here!
OMG Wow!
This looks awesome!

+ some new images
http://marvel.com/news/story/19592/first_iron_man_3_trailer

And a new synopsis
http://marvel.com/news/story/19589/new_plot_details_for_marvels_iron_man_3

From the looks of the trailer, the custard suit seems to be the major suit...

And finally, new poster art
http://marvel.com/news/story/19591/first_official_iron_man_3_movie_poster

Sp!der
October 23rd, 2012, 10:31 AM
I frakking LOVED IT !!!!!!! :D can't wait to see it but then again I am one of the few humans who liked IM2 as well because it introduced Black Widow and became more real with the Avengers idea....

the fifth man
October 24th, 2012, 09:11 PM
Wow, amazing first look. I am very excited for this installment.

SaberBlade
October 24th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Does anyone know the source of the music? Thought it was pretty cool.

Trailer was great. Makes me really excited for the film.

garhkal
October 27th, 2012, 09:23 PM
Saw on IMDB that they have a nice preview for IM3...

Scary Kitty
October 28th, 2012, 07:52 AM
I am STILL flailing over this trailer. Definitely one of the best I've seen in a while.

Does anyone know the source of the music? Thought it was pretty cool.

Trailer was great. Makes me really excited for the film.

The music is "Hope" by Joe Trapanese (http://soundcloud.com/joecomposer/hope); other sources give it the title "Something to Fight For". (The link is a stream, but there are downloads out there if you look.)

Starsaber
October 28th, 2012, 07:55 AM
For some reason, this trailer isn't quite clicking with me. The lines from (I'm presuming) The Mandrin remind me a bit too much of Bane from Dark Knight Rises. Plus, there isn't even a single Tony Stark one-liner.

Morgania
October 28th, 2012, 09:51 AM
Looks good! I'll be seeing that in the theatre for sure.

the fifth man
October 29th, 2012, 06:59 PM
For some reason, this trailer isn't quite clicking with me. The lines from (I'm presuming) The Mandrin remind me a bit too much of Bane from Dark Knight Rises. Plus, there isn't even a single Tony Stark one-liner.

Oh, you know there will be at least a few in the movie itself.

Replicator Todd
October 30th, 2012, 02:49 PM
I'm loving the Mandrin, Ben Kingsley is a great choice.

the fifth man
October 31st, 2012, 08:11 PM
I'm loving the Mandrin, Ben Kingsley is a great choice.

I totally agree. He is a magnificent actor IMO.

Infinite-Possibilities
October 31st, 2012, 08:22 PM
I have to admit that is not how I would have expected the Mandarin to look or sound. And if I hadn't known it was him I never would have recognized Ben Kingsly in there. Still I liked that version and it was awesome trailer though.

Teddybrown
November 7th, 2012, 12:59 PM
http://marvel.com/news/story/19638/iron_man_3_new_mandarin_photo
New The Mandarin photo

Scary Kitty
December 7th, 2012, 07:54 AM
New trailer from Japan! Mostly footage we've already seen, but there's a few new clips sprinkled in:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wVpSQsCOt4

Enjoy! :)

Teddybrown
December 8th, 2012, 09:32 AM
http://marvel.com/news/story/19766/check_out_4_new_photos_from_marvels_iron_man_3
Four new pics from the movie.

Teddybrown
December 11th, 2012, 05:08 AM
http://screenrant.com/iron-man-3-filming-china-wang-xueqi-radioactive-man/
IM3 speculation.

Teddybrown
December 17th, 2012, 03:55 AM
http://www.totalfilm.com/news/robert-downey-jr-talks-iron-man-3-1?ns_campaign=news&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_source=totalfilm&ns_linkname=0&ns_fee=0&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+totalfilm%2Fimdbnews+%28Total+Film+IMDb+aggregate%29
RDJ talks IM3.

Teddybrown
January 22nd, 2013, 02:04 PM
IM3 will get the IMAX treatment
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Iron-Man-3-Get-An-Early-International-IMAX-3D-Release-35247.html

Scary Kitty
January 26th, 2013, 07:46 AM
According to the Marvel Cinematic Universe Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/MarvelCinematicUniverse), we're about to get some new trailers:

January 28th - online preview of the Super Bowl trailer and a new poster

February 3rd - Super Bowl TV spot. And supposedly we may be getting yet another, longer trailer online either the same day or the next day (Feb 4).

Stay tuned! :)

Scary Kitty
January 28th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Well, those wretched teases at the MCU Facebook got it wrong about any new IM3 stuff today (https://www.facebook.com/MarvelCinematicUniverse/posts/589515994398310).

But in the meantime, here's some set videos from the reshoots (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/nailbiter111/news/?a=73010) in Hollywood last week. (potential spoilers ahead!)

And Part 1 of a 5-part interview with RDJ (http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/01/28/roebrt-downey-jr-iron-man-3-interview/) at Entertainment Weekly; today he talks a bit about Shane Black's writing style and the Tony-Rhodey dynamic.

Enjoy. :)

Scary Kitty
January 30th, 2013, 01:11 PM
The sneak peek at the Super Bowl trailer is here! Quite a few new (though brief) clips...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GcHQP6hb9Ik

Enjoy! :)

ETA: Darn, looks like Disney blocked it, though I expect it'll show up elsewhere. I've heard the sneak peek (or at least part of it) is going to be shown on today's (1/30) Entertainment Tonight, so check your local listings.

Scary Kitty
January 30th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Update: Marvel finally uploaded the sneak peek themselves.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2N6tDt-A7ME

And the new poster was just revealed on the official Twitter (https://twitter.com/iron_man/status/296826123050942465). I can only guess that The Avengers must have whetted Tony's appetite for uncontrolled free fall, so he's conducting another experiment in the phenomenon here... :P

Teddybrown
January 31st, 2013, 05:04 AM
Ooo, looks good!

Snowman37
January 31st, 2013, 05:08 AM
Quick question, and no spoilers please... (I'm avoiding previews)

If one hasn't seen The Avengers, will Iron Man 3 still be easy to follow? I've only seen the crossover movie twice, and I suspect details will be sketchy by the time I see IM3.

Teddybrown
January 31st, 2013, 08:31 AM
Quick question, and no spoilers please... (I'm avoiding previews)

If one hasn't seen The Avengers, will Iron Man 3 still be easy to follow? I've only seen the crossover movie twice, and I suspect details will be sketchy by the time I see IM3.

I would say yes, but I could be wrong/forgetting stuff, but I was watching The Avengers last night...

Scary Kitty
February 4th, 2013, 06:32 AM
The Super Bowl Trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGc4r2dVfiw

Scary Kitty
February 4th, 2013, 06:32 AM
And the "extended" trailer that was released on Facebook:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI4jgOmVetY

"Extended" being a rather... subjective term. ;)

Teddybrown
February 4th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Looks interesting...

Sp!der
February 4th, 2013, 11:18 AM
I'm waiting for this more than man of steel but not into darkness

Replicator Todd
February 4th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Love RDJ's extended stare! :D

Scary Kitty
February 4th, 2013, 01:39 PM
Love RDJ's extended stare! :D

I know, right? I wonder how many takes they had to do... you just know that RDJ had to have been giggling his butt off at some point. :D

Replicator Todd
February 4th, 2013, 03:07 PM
I know, right? I wonder how many takes they had to do... you just know that RDJ had to have been giggling his butt off at some point. :D

Maybe! He can be pretty good at being funny while keeping a straight face it seems!

Rawtheran
February 4th, 2013, 04:34 PM
So pumped for this! RBJ is so awesome as Tony Stark. Iron Man is always a must-see.

So true.

the fifth man
February 5th, 2013, 09:34 PM
I have very high hopes for this installment.

Scary Kitty
February 13th, 2013, 09:09 AM
New poster featuring Don Cheadle as Iron Patriot (http://twitter.com/Iron_Man/status/301736814560022528) just showed up on Twitter. Looking pretty badass! :zelenka25:

Scary Kitty
February 15th, 2013, 05:32 PM
As reported at ScreenCrush (http://screencrush.com/iron-man-3-become-iron-man-website/), it appears a new promotional website, "Become Iron Man," (http://becomeironman.com/home/default.asp) has just gone online. Could be for some sort of viral marketing/tie-in; not much there now but a placeholder graphic calling for "test subjects" and stating that registration is opening soon. Stay tuned.

Scary Kitty
February 18th, 2013, 08:08 AM
New poster featuring Guy Pierce as Aldrich Killian (http://twitter.com/Iron_Man/status/303549589607313408/photo/1) has just popped up on Twitter.

Scary Kitty
February 22nd, 2013, 07:43 AM
Another day, another poster release: This time it's featuring Ben Kingsley as the Mandarin. (pic.twitter.com/iAslPeCgd0)

garhkal
February 24th, 2013, 12:41 PM
Anticipation is building!!!

Scary Kitty
February 24th, 2013, 05:58 PM
Anticipation is building!!!

And here's something to ratchet it up even further: Bleeding Cool is reporting that a new trailer (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/24/iron-man-3-new-trailer-coming-will-showcase-tonys-iron-army-new-suits/) clocking in at two minutes and twenty-five seconds will be released with Oz the Great and Powerful on March 8. Details and some spoilers for what'll be appearing in the new trailer are at the link. :D

Scary Kitty
February 25th, 2013, 07:20 AM
New poster featuring Gwyneth Paltrow as Pepper Potts (pic.twitter.com/hwxypqaIxI) now up on Twitter. And DAMN, that has got to be the best Pepper poster EVER.

Teddybrown
February 25th, 2013, 09:50 AM
Cant wait for this new trailer.

Replicator Todd
February 25th, 2013, 10:20 AM
The Pepper poster is amazing! I like the Mandarin one as well. :D

the fifth man
February 26th, 2013, 09:39 PM
And here's something to ratchet it up even further: Bleeding Cool is reporting that a new trailer (http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/02/24/iron-man-3-new-trailer-coming-will-showcase-tonys-iron-army-new-suits/) clocking in at two minutes and twenty-five seconds will be released with Oz the Great and Powerful on March 8. Details and some spoilers for what'll be appearing in the new trailer are at the link. :D

I know I can't wait to see the new trailer. I will take anything I can get at this point.

Replicator Todd
February 27th, 2013, 09:11 AM
Amazing Poster.

http://l.yimg.com/os/251/2013/02/27/ironman3-poster-watermark-jpg_162144.jpg

Teddybrown
February 27th, 2013, 10:26 AM
amazing poster.

:eek: !!!!

Scary Kitty
February 28th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Amazing Poster.

Hot damn, that's delicious!

And for your extreme viewing pleasure, there's a high-res version (sans credits info) available at Cosmic Book News (http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/images2/aug12/ironman3/?p=136). Seriously, do the right click 'open image in new window/tab' thing to see how big it REALLY is. At 3587x5000 pixels, it's a MONSTER. :D

Teddybrown
March 1st, 2013, 12:10 AM
Hot damn, that's delicious!

And for your extreme viewing pleasure, there's a high-res version (sans credits info) available at Cosmic Book News (http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/images2/aug12/ironman3/?p=136). Seriously, do the right click 'open image in new window/tab' thing to see how big it REALLY is. At 3587x5000 pixels, it's a MONSTER. :D

No. 135 if anyone's interested.
And yes, it is a monster of a poster!

Scary Kitty
March 1st, 2013, 07:07 AM
No. 135 if anyone's interested.
And yes, it is a monster of a poster!

Darnit, I hate how those guys set up their image preview pages. Here's the direct link (http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/images2/aug12/ironman3/?p=135) (again; hopefully they don't mess with it this time). :P

Scary Kitty
March 3rd, 2013, 06:11 PM
A new poster featuring Tony Stark and Pepper Potts (http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/MarvelFreshman/news/?a=75095) has been spotted in the wild by ComicBookMovie.com. Be sure to check out the comments at the end, there's another poster with Tony, Rhodey, Killian and The Mandarin hiding there!

Gen. Chris
March 5th, 2013, 09:12 AM
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/exclusive-iron-man-3-trailer-shows-tony-stark-164716198.html

New trailer in the link.

Teddybrown
March 5th, 2013, 09:57 AM
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/exclusive-iron-man-3-trailer-shows-tony-stark-164716198.html

New trailer in the link.

OMG This movie looks awesome! :eek:

Scary Kitty
March 5th, 2013, 11:23 AM
Saw the trailer at 9am sharp this morning. I'm still running around in circles, my Tumblr dash has exploded... good times. :D

Now why can't it be May 3 already? :sheppardanime32:

the fifth man
March 5th, 2013, 09:11 PM
Amazing trailer. This does indeed look spectacular.

Scary Kitty
March 6th, 2013, 09:27 AM
A higher-quality version of the new poster with RDJ and Gwyneth Paltrow as Tony and Pepper (https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BEsGSomCQAAFj4E.jpg:large) has now been posted via Twitter. :)

Teddybrown
March 6th, 2013, 01:44 PM
I just love watching the last bit of that trailer over and over again...

garhkal
March 6th, 2013, 02:22 PM
Makes me wonder when Cap 2, Thor 2, the next hulk and Avengers 2 is gonna come out.

Gen. Chris
March 6th, 2013, 02:53 PM
Makes me wonder when Cap 2, Thor 2, the next hulk and Avengers 2 is gonna come out.

As far as I know there are no confirmed plans for a Hulk film. But who knows.

Thor 2 comes out later this year, I believe, and Captain America 2 comes out next year.

Scary Kitty
March 6th, 2013, 06:11 PM

US release dates for the rest of Phase 2 are (other countries will vary):

- November 8, 2013 - Thor: The Dark World
- April 4, 2014 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- August 1, 2014 - Guardians of the Galaxy
- May 1, 2015 - The Avengers 2

Phase 3 begins November 6, 2015 with Ant-Man. No other films have been announced for Phase 3, but word has it that Doctor Strange is one of the properties being developed.

Hope that helps. :)

Thunderstorm
March 8th, 2013, 08:41 PM
As far as I know there are no confirmed plans for a Hulk film. But who knows.

Mark Ruffalo recently stated that while he's happy to play Hulk in the next Avengers movie, he's not going to do a stand alone. So they'd have to find someone else and I don't know they would do that until after he's finished playing the character in Avengers sequels.

garhkal
March 10th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Wow.. I would love to see ruffalo in a stand alone hulk..
Did his statement of not doing so, give a reasoning?

Thunderstorm
March 10th, 2013, 03:03 PM

Not as far as I've seen

From the LATimes (http://herocomplex.latimes.com/movies/hulk-rumors-mark-ruffalo-says-no-standalone-hulk-film-for-now/#/0)

Ruffalo went the Twitter route to dispel rumors that he would be the focus of a new film. He sent a series of tweets Thursday. First, he said: “A lot of folks have been asking about the Next Hulk. The next time you see my Hulk it will be in the Avengers2. No plans for stand alone.” He followed that with: “I am not giving up on another stand alone HULK. But it’s not in the works right now. One never knows what the future will bring.”

They added an update twitter

Just to be totally clear. I did not say there was not going to ever be a stand alone Hulk film. I said there wasn’t one in the works now.

Scary Kitty
March 13th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Bit of an unfortunate update: Ryan Penagos (Executive Editorial Director for Marvel Digital Media Group and Marvel.com, aka AgentM on Twitter) has confirmed that Marvel will not have any presence at WonderCon (https://twitter.com/AgentM/status/311948775449063425) in Anaheim at the end of March. No booth, no final Iron Man 3 panel of love for the fans, nothing. Damn shame, a lot of people were looking forward to seeing what IM3/MCU preview goodies they might've unleashed in the Arena. :(

the fifth man
March 14th, 2013, 07:35 PM

I think he would be good standing on his own in a movie too. They definitely need to stop re-casting the role though, that is for sure.

Scary Kitty
March 18th, 2013, 11:11 AM
New TV spot has arrived:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXUmR9goPFs&list=UUVJWMJivK-w1AfIZxLAlEfg

Scary Kitty
March 18th, 2013, 01:23 PM
Verizon is sponsoring a contest for US residents 21 and over for various prizes, including autographed memorabilia, gift cards, tickets to the US premiere of Iron Man 3 in Los Angeles, and a grand prize of a trip to Barcelona, Spain for an "Ultimate Iron Man 3 Experience" involving some sort of "top secret adventure" to become a Stark Industries inventor. (Whoopee! :P) Contest website can be found here. (https://ironman3.verizon.com)

Also, the previously-announced Become Iron Man (http://becomeironman.com) website is now up and running; it's apparently for some sort of promotional mall tour to virtually test the Mark XLII suit in the UK; non-UK residents that try to access the site are getting the following message: "Stark offices have not opened at your location yet. Please check back soon." Hopefully that means we'll get a tour here in the US as well. :)

Scary Kitty
March 19th, 2013, 10:07 AM
The IMAX exclusive poster (http://www.imax.com/community/blog/exclusive-new-imax-iron-man-3-poster/) featuring the main cast has just been released. :)

Gen. Chris
March 19th, 2013, 04:50 PM
US release dates for the rest of Phase 2 are (other countries will vary):

- November 8, 2013 - Thor: The Dark World
- April 4, 2014 - Captain America: The Winter Soldier
- August 1, 2014 - Guardians of the Galaxy
- May 1, 2015 - The Avengers 2

Phase 3 begins November 6, 2015 with Ant-Man. No other films have been announced for Phase 3, but word has it that Doctor Strange is one of the properties being developed.

Hope that helps. :)

Guardians of the Galaxy?

Infinite-Possibilities
March 19th, 2013, 05:33 PM
These guys. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guardians_of_the_Galaxy_%282008_team%29)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaB5iTFgxVk

the fifth man
March 19th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Well, the Guardians are definitely something unique.

Scary Kitty
March 25th, 2013, 02:24 PM
New TV spot is up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcZdrfDeJTo

Scary Kitty
March 25th, 2013, 02:26 PM
And here's another TV spot with a HUGE SPOILER (but if you've been reading recent articles about the film, you already know it's coming, and OMG it is AWESOME):

ETA: The link is down; it looks like Disney's been yanking every copy that shows up on YouTube as soon as they go up. Sorry 'bout that. :(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioI9b8XC0E0

Pepper's in the suit, saving Tony's ass! Yeehaw! :D

Thunderstorm
March 25th, 2013, 03:01 PM
And here's another TV spot with a HUGE SPOILER (but if you've been reading recent articles about the film, you already know it's coming, and OMG it is AWESOME):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioI9b8XC0E0

Pepper's in the suit, saving Tony's ass! Yeehaw! :D

I liked the ending to this clip :)

Teddybrown
March 26th, 2013, 10:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWyznZKCXP4
Same video as above, not taken down yet...
Looks awesome!

Teddybrown
March 29th, 2013, 12:04 PM
http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/marvel-to-issue-china-only-iron-man-3-version-in-addition-to-hollywoods/
Two versions of IM3?

Livestick
March 29th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Well, that's stupid.

the fifth man
March 30th, 2013, 08:07 PM
http://www.deadline.com/2013/03/marvel-to-issue-china-only-iron-man-3-version-in-addition-to-hollywoods/
Two versions of IM3?

That is a first. I have never heard of something like that before.

Scary Kitty
April 1st, 2013, 07:44 AM
Two versions of IM3?

Have to agree, this sounds like a ridiculous idea.

Teddybrown
April 3rd, 2013, 10:32 AM
http://screencrush.com/full-marvel-phase-2-preview-video/
Marvels Phase 2 video
Mostly on IM3 and it looks good!

Teddybrown
April 9th, 2013, 12:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=TraIA4IQ7A8

New TV spot

And an IM3 featurette
http://collider.com/iron-man-3-featurette/

And a clip from the movie
http://collider.com/iron-man-3-movie-clip/

Scary Kitty
April 10th, 2013, 04:12 PM
Here in the US, theater chains AMC and Regal are participating in an Iron Man Movie Marathon set for Thursday, May 2, which will start at 1pm with Iron Man, followed by Iron Man 2, The Avengers, and wrapping up with a 9pm showing of Iron Man 3.

Further info and links to buy tickets are here:

http://www.amctheatres.com/events/iron-man-marathon

http://www.regmovies.com/Iron-Man-Marathon

Teddybrown
April 10th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Here in the US, theater chains AMC and Regal are participating in an Iron Man Movie Marathon set for Thursday, May 2, which will start at 1pm with Iron Man, followed by Iron Man 2, The Avengers, and wrapping up with a 9pm showing of Iron Man 3.

I would definitely go to that if I was in the US.

Scary Kitty
April 11th, 2013, 12:19 PM
The Audi USA website now has a section promoting Iron Man 3 (http://www.audiusa.com/us/brand/en/exp/innovation/ironman3.html), including a new commercial for the R8 e-tron (more for the cars than the movie), an interactive comic, and other fun stuff.

the fifth man
April 13th, 2013, 08:27 PM

Wow, that would be one action-packed day.:)

Teddybrown
April 14th, 2013, 04:55 AM
UK premiere pushed back one day due to Margaret Thatchers funeral.

Also, another new TV spot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=wP4SfnN_8hY

Morbo
April 14th, 2013, 06:16 PM
saw the most recent trailer (i think) during the previews at the IMAX 3D showing of jurassic park today. the preview was wicked in IMAX 3D. looking forward to this movie a lot.

Scary Kitty
April 17th, 2013, 06:32 AM
New featurette on Iron Man Tech (potential spoilers ahead)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Gl0CoyhlNw

Teddybrown
April 18th, 2013, 02:54 PM
http://collider.com/iron-man-3-behind-scenes-footage/
Six minutes of behind the scenes.

the fifth man
April 18th, 2013, 03:12 PM
My anticipation level for this movie is so high. I can't wait for it to be released already.

Scary Kitty
April 18th, 2013, 03:13 PM
The official US website has been updated (http://marvel.com/ironman3) with new pages on the major characters (including some previously unseen pictures), the upcoming mobile game for iOS and Android, the soundtrack and score CDs, and the "Iron Man Tech" exhibit in Innoventions at Disneyland.

Krichton
April 19th, 2013, 08:34 AM
I have never truly enjoyed the Iron Man films for some reason. I guess they're a bit cartoony for my tastes, and I don't mean the CGI.

the fifth man
April 19th, 2013, 06:56 PM
I have never truly enjoyed the Iron Man films for some reason. I guess they're a bit cartoony for my tastes, and I don't mean the CGI.

Have you enjoyed any of the other comic movies made recently? If so, which ones?

SaberBlade
April 26th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Just got back from watching Iron Man 3.

I won't go into too much detail, as I don't want to spoil anything. Stick around to watch after the credits as there is an extra scene. I don't remember anything with Wang Xueqi in the film, so not sure what's going on with the previously reported two editions (as I expected him to be in the non Chinese version).

As for the film, it was good. The comedy worked, Ben Kingsley was fantastic, there were good twists and the occasional saw that coming moment.

Matt G
April 26th, 2013, 01:47 PM
I thought it was very cool, a step down from The Avengers but still made me smile.

1. Well we'd seen Stark's house get destroyed but we didn't realise it was down to him being too cocky for his own good.

As we'd say over here in the UK...

Stark: Come on round my place if you think you're hard enough!

Mandarin: I'm rockhard mate, I've got an armed helicopter...*KABOOM*

2. Mandarin as actor...did not see coming and was a bit "OK...fine...strange..."

3. The firepeople worked pretty well, made for interesting opposition.

4. Even without the suit you have to get up early to catch Tony Stark. As he implied at the end, he doesn't need the suit to be Iron Man!

gkyun
April 28th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Not sure what to make of this 3rd instalment. While certainly entertaining, it felt a bit too chaotic, even more so than the first 2 films.

The whole movie is like a big flashback, which is characteristic of Shane Black although I found the tone and feel of it a bit odd, probably due to the fact I was already predisposed by Jon Favreau's version.

I agreed with Matt G
The Mandarin twist was kinda weird. Could've worked without it imo 'cos then the Ten Rings would've been a real menace instead of just some ploy concocted by Killian.

Pepper was badass, but that's all she was in this film. We didn't get to see more of her story since it was all about Tony...

Anybody else thinks Fury and SHIELD would get their hands on Extremis for their own "schemes"? It looks to be quite a step up from the supersoldier formula, despite the high mortality rate which no doubt they'd try to rectify.

Sp!der
April 28th, 2013, 01:01 PM
I'm gonna watch this on Saturday ! :)

Scary Kitty
April 28th, 2013, 01:55 PM
*high-fives Sp!der* :)

Got my ticket for the Iron Man movie marathon on Thursday. This is gonna be GOOD. :D

Teddybrown
April 29th, 2013, 02:32 PM
For those of us who havent seen this yet, heres another clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ord05-DeofY&feature=player_embedded

Wyrminarrd
April 29th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Just came back from seeing it (2D) and I have to say that it was really good, a vast improvement on Iron Man 2.

Only problem with it was that the end credit scene was a bit weak imo.

Cairistiona
April 30th, 2013, 07:45 AM
We are going today! :D

garhkal
May 1st, 2013, 02:28 PM
Anyone know WHY they released this all over the rest of the world before it gets released stateside?

Thunderstorm
May 1st, 2013, 08:13 PM
Anyone know WHY they released this all over the rest of the world before it gets released stateside?

Because these types of movies make alot more money in the rest of the world than the US so the studioa are playing to those countries now.

garhkal
May 2nd, 2013, 02:39 PM
But isn't it in the rest of the world where films get the most amount of pirating from? NOT in the USA??

Wyrminarrd
May 3rd, 2013, 04:25 AM
Most of the creation of pirated material happens in the US (where there are no subtitles) and is then downloaded in other countries that would otherwise have to wait to see the movies. And as you say there is maybe less pirating in the US and therefore its ok to have them wait a week since they wont pirate the movie in the mean time :)

Also, I think that they released this movie earlier in other countries because of labor day. They wanted to exploit long weekends in the countries that move holidays to the nearest monday...

the fifth man
May 3rd, 2013, 07:47 PM
My wife and I hope to see this on Sunday. If all goes well, that is.

Sp!der
May 4th, 2013, 04:05 PM
I have to say that I really really liked it ! So much happened and it was a great follow-up to The Avengers ! The characters really evolved somehow and the villain was much better than on the last two, I really liked the two cameos in the movie as well ! I am so glad that these type of movies are that successful ! The Avengers Franchise has become my all time favorite, although Thor and The Avengers are still my favorite movies.

Scary Kitty
May 4th, 2013, 06:20 PM
I also really, really liked this movie. I adored the twist and thought it was a fascinating bit of social commentary that's very relevant in the current socio-political climate. The dark comedy, character development, and general world-building make for a great expansion to the MCU as a whole and left me hungry for more. Already planning to see it again, and very soon. :)

cherrysoda
May 4th, 2013, 11:34 PM
I saw it last weekend and must say I really liked it. Apart from in the Avengers, I've never really been an Iron Man fan. Always been a Cap girl. :) But I found this really quite good, much better than #2. I found it quite interesting how Tony was after the Avengers battles, he was really out of his element, and I found it really developed him as a character. Now I just have to find a good enough reason to spend $30 that I don't really have to go see it again in 3D... ;)

garhkal
May 9th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Even with the pricyness of places around here, it only cost me 12 bucks to see it in 3d... Course i had lunch just prior to going in so i didn't need bother with having any of their pricy as heck cinema food..

Giantevilhead
May 11th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I liked it but it seemed really scatter brained and unfocused.

Krichton
May 25th, 2013, 12:48 AM
I really despised the whole tongue and cheek aspect of the films. The latest one was probably the worst of the bunch.

blueray
May 26th, 2013, 05:38 AM
I just saw this yesterday. I liked it a lot. I did like how they mentioned how he was suffering from a form of ptsd from what happened in the avengers.

one thing is I don't get the end how was he able to cure his heart, when couldn't previously?

Scary Kitty
May 26th, 2013, 09:08 AM
I just saw this yesterday. I liked it a lot. I did like how they mentioned how he was suffering from a form of ptsd from what happened in the avengers.

one thing is I don't get the end how was he able to cure his heart, when couldn't previously?

My guess is that it may be a combination of advances in medical technology since his injury in Afghanistan (sure, it's only been about 3 years in the MCU, but new breakthroughs are being made every day in the real world, so why not?), and more importantly, it ties into what he said at the end about the suits being a "cocoon." I think he also thought of his chest RT and the shrapnel as being something that he hid behind rather than facing his demons. But now he's learned and accepted that it doesn't have to define who and what he is.

At least, that's my take on it. :)

Morgania
May 26th, 2013, 07:45 PM
How is he going to join the Avengers again after blowing up his Iron Man suits?

Wyrminarrd
May 27th, 2013, 03:55 AM
How is he going to join the Avengers again after blowing up his Iron Man suits?

Pretty sure that he will just build new and improved ones

Scary Kitty
May 27th, 2013, 07:34 AM
Pretty sure that he will just build new and improved ones

Exactly this. The point of Clean Sweep was really to symbolize that he's letting go of this manic obsession with the suits that had developed to the point that he was spending all his time in the workshop and neglecting his personal relationships with others. As we see in the final montage, he's still 'The Mechanic,' symbolized by him picking up that screwdriver in the ruins of the Malibu mansion. He's still going to be building, he just won't be obsessive compulsive about it anymore.

garhkal
May 27th, 2013, 12:54 PM
But with his tossing of his chest piece power supply, will he be building a new one to power the new suits?

Wyrminarrd
May 27th, 2013, 01:33 PM
But with his tossing of his chest piece power supply, will he be building a new one to power the new suits?

The suits must have already had their own power supply since they could be operated remotely...

Scary Kitty
May 27th, 2013, 06:15 PM
The suits must have already had their own power supply since they could be operated remotely...

Absolutely. Future suits will undoubtedly have their own onboard mini RTs, just like the War Machine/Iron Patriot armor already did.

Teddybrown
June 21st, 2013, 12:01 AM
http://cultfix.co.uk/downey-jr-returns-for-avengers-2-3-23114.htm
Good news.

Scary Kitty
June 21st, 2013, 06:21 AM
http://cultfix.co.uk/downey-jr-returns-for-avengers-2-3-23114.htm
Good news.

Most excellent news, indeed. I know there have already been some "but what about Iron Man 4?" questions from fans in the wake of this announcement, but frankly I'm not terribly concerned. At this point, all the signs for Phase 3 seem to be pointing to more introductions of new characters (Ant-Man has been confirmed for nearly a year and Dr. Strange seems to be a lock); if we do get any sequels for previously introduced characters, I think Cap is actually the most likely, depending on how Winter Soldier and Avengers 2 go.

Can't wait to find out what else Marvel has got up their sleeves for Comic-Con in July! :)

garhkal
June 21st, 2013, 01:37 PM
So much for the rumors he wasn't willing to do more IM/Avengers films as he does not want to just be known for that role.

blueray
June 22nd, 2013, 04:53 AM
I don't think a fourth one is necessary, but obviously they'd make it to make money. I'm excited about an Avengers two though.

I can see why he would be worried about that being known for that role at the same time how much does he make for each movie? I imagine its a good amount.

Scary Kitty
October 27th, 2013, 08:30 PM
Just an FYI: The People's Choice Awards are currently selecting nominees for the 2014 show and Iron Man 3 is on the shortlist in the following categories:

Favorite Movie (http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/nominations/vote.jsp?pollId=130001)

Favorite Movie Actor - Robert Downey Jr. (http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/nominations/vote.jsp?pollId=130002)

Favorite Movie Actress - Gwyneth Paltrow (http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/nominations/vote.jsp?pollId=130003)

Favorite Movie Duo - Robert Downey Jr. & Gwyneth Paltrow (http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/nominations/vote.jsp?pollId=130004)

Favorite Action Movie (http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/nominations/vote.jsp?pollId=130005)

Favorite Action Movie Star - Robert Downey Jr. (http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/nominations/vote.jsp?pollId=130006)

(As far as the rest of the MCU, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is also shortlisted in two categories (http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/85487-Agents-of-SHIELD-(Marvel-TV-series)-News-Discussion-SPOILERS?p=14002203&viewfull=1#post14002203).)

Voting on nominees ends October 31, and remember you can vote as often as you want, and you can fill in your own nominees for each category. :)

Scary Kitty
November 5th, 2013, 11:24 AM
Voting on the finalists for the 2014 People's Choice Awards has just opened (http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/votenow.jsp), and Iron Man 3 is nominated in the following categories:

Favorite Movie
Favorite Movie Actor - Robert Downey Jr.
Favorite Movie Actress - Gwyneth Paltrow
Favorite Movie Duo - Robert Downey Jr. & Gwyneth Paltrow
Favorite Action Movie
Favorite Action Movie Star - Robert Downey Jr.

(Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is also a finalist for Favorite Actress in a New TV Show (Ming-Na Wen) and Favorite New TV Drama)

Voting for the winners ends on December 5, and as with the nomination round, you can vote as often as you wish. Winners will be announced January 8. :)