This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis in the UK

Sorry if this is a dumb question, and if someone's asked this already... but...

...will Stargate Atlantis be shown in the UK, like on terrestrial channels?

(",) Gater

Kawoosh! Stargate Music Videos
    http://kawoosh.co.uk

Gater on LJ
    http://puddlejumping.co.uk

I don't read. I vid.

if so channal 4 wont get it until september 2005, they seem to get em a year after sky, i hate sky

Comment

Sky ususally start showing a new series of Stargate in September. Hopefully they'll start showing Atlantis at the same time and pair them up.
      'Ask an impertinent question and you are on your way to a pertinent answer.'

Jacob Bronowski

Comment

You hate sky?
        It's one of the best things aorund especially sky one. Always maiking sure is british get our dose of Stargate a year before crappy channel 4 and it's actually quality you can tape
        A way to skip the wait is to download it and watch it like that it's what I do

Comment

Yeah skys brilliant for seeing shows earlier than terestrial TV, plus with season 7 due to the US christmas break in the series we actually saw evolution part 2 and the second half of the series before them

Comment

Originally posted by thor39
            You hate sky?
            only because nither place i live has it, anyway i do the same thing as you

Comment

Thats a shame if you can'y have it because quality off the internet sometimes bites...luckily boxsets seem to come out earlier now
              Who thinks they should design a really flash case for the first Atlantis season?

Comment

Normally, Sky One starts showing the new episodes of a new season of Stargate between the first and second week of September. It would be great if they were paired up on the same night. Stargate SG-1 is shown at 8pm so I guess Atlantis would be on at 9pm

Still 4 months to go . . .
                __

__

Comment

I wish they would stop changing Stargate nights as I have to negotiate for sky
                  I've changed time allocations for every half season since season 6, very hard

Comment

Yes, they did keep changing them around. I think it used to be a Thurday moved to a Wednesday and after Christmas it started showing on Tuesdays. I wonder what day we get it this year!?
                    __

__

Comment

Wednesday was a good night for me bang smack in the middle of the working week, Thursday was not so good as I can't get any sky on that day as with Saturdays

Comment

Hello everyone.

I recently e-mailed Sky (took ages to find the right address), concerning season 8 and atlantis in the UK. Here was the response (main text), which I guess reflects the current situation:

"Thank you for you email about Stargate SG1.
                        I can confirm that Sky One has acquired the right to season 8 of the above the date for broadcast is still to be confirmed with regard to Atlantis there is no information at present.

Thank you for your interest in Sky. "

Comment

Originally posted by MadEyeTed
                          Hello everyone.

I recently e-mailed Sky (took ages to find the right address), concerning season 8 and atlantis in the UK. Here was the response (main text), which I guess reflects the current situation:

"Thank you for you email about Stargate SG1.
                          I can confirm that Sky One has acquired the right to season 8 of the above the date for broadcast is still to be confirmed with regard to Atlantis there is no information at present.

Thank you for your interest in Sky. "
                          Typical sky, hopeless until last minute, wel I guess this means most of us british will be d/ling it, and watching poor quality versions I might add just to keep our sanity

Comment

Let's just hope that Sky does get the right to Atlantis. I will presume that they will. Besides, whatever channel gets the right in the UK, you get with Sky anyway

Yes, Wednesday was the best day. It made the week seem shorter
                            __

__

Comment

What surprised me about the response was that it means Sky do not have an open contract for all things stargate. I guess that i should not br surprised since im sure BBC have shown the film. But it does mean we probably wont find out anything (unless we keep emailing) until we start seeing ads. Heres hoping...

Comment

Working...
                              X