Shipyard in Ida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipyard in Ida

okay, as the title suggests, i think it would be a good idea to build a shipyard in the galaxy of ida. the main reason for doing this is so that we could drastically increase our shipbuilding capability by building a combination asgard/human shipyard on a planet that is rich in natural resources.

i mean when you consider that the asgard were able to build a fleet of oniell size warships in a couple of years whereas just building ONE would have taken us years means that the asgard have far more sophisticated and faster methods of ship production that proboly requires very little physical labor since their physical capabilities are obviously limited.

so what we could do is build a base on a planet in the ida galaxy rich in resources needed to build ships, and im sure that if we check the asgard core we could locate a suitable planet, then we build a couple of anti gravity platforms and install an enormous asgard matter converting system that is capable of converting given matter into a ship part, like the hull. and then other parts like crystals, wireing, chairs, computer consols, weapons, engines, etc.

the entire base could be powered by Nutrino ion generators that provide power for the shipyard, the base, and should provide enough power to dial earth and if we build one on earth it should provide enough power to dial the planet, since the asgard could do it.

all of the resources needed for construction could be mined using asgard techniques which is proboly as simple as beaming it out of the ground and then refining it or something but it should be pretty easy.

this base would be able to build a fleet of 304s in a matter of years and at a fraction of the cost since it wouldnt require much labor or money once the entire base is opperational because it would be completely self sufficient. any supplies could be matter converted for the personel stationed there. once a ship is done the crew would go through the stargate and then fly the ship back to earth.

and since the base is in ida we dont have to worry about enemy ships and since we dont have to keep it a secret we can use as much room as we need unlike on earth where they would be confined to an underground hangar. also another upside to this is you dont have to transport materials through the gate and then to the facility you can mine and build onsite saveing time.

also another possibility is for other nations to establish their own shipyard facility on another planet in ida and that way we further increase our shipbuilding capacity and other nations cant complain that they dont have ships.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Do we want them to have ships of there own? While there may be a department of homeworld security I am fairly certain the US would like to stay top dog in local politics.

(Though that begs the question as to why the US hasn't just taken over the rest of the planet. At the very least it would get rid of the IOA. )
    My Tep senses are tingling.

That I will have to edit is assumed.

Comments and critiques are always welcome. Please, tell me what you think.

Comment

Why not find a planet in the MW to do this on. this way ship transport will take hours instead of weeks and if they ever run into trouble then help is not far away. plus we have no real enermys in the mw now. even if we did we could keep the base a secruit and use a planet that has no stargate and has not been settles on.

To go so far to do wot we can do here seems silly!

Comment

Originally posted by Exthalion View Post
        Do we want them to have ships of there own? While there may be a department of homeworld security I am fairly certain the US would like to stay top dog in local politics.

(Though that begs the question as to why the US hasn't just taken over the rest of the planet. At the very least it would get rid of the IOA. )
        Because China has it's own 304 and the IOA nations have all had access to the alien tehcnology acquired by the US.

And becuase realistically, Earth is still very much the newbie in the galactic theater. Our ships may be technologically advanced, but Earth can be totally depopulated in a pinch.

Comment

sounds like an ok idea......in a few centuries time perhaps when we fully understand what's in the asgard core.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

It would be a good idea. The core should find us a world no problem, even a planet with a small resource deposit to the Asgard, would be more than enough for us as our resource requirements wouldn't be as large as the Asgards.

Comment

Assuming there's a planet with all the resources needed to make the ship yards and tech we wanna build, also if there are no threats native to Ida then yeah I'd say that's a pretty sound idea.
              It didn't take the Asgard very long to travel between Ida and the Milky Way so travel shouldn't take that long, I mean I don't think Ida was ever implied to be 3 million light years from MW.
              A base in Ida would be out of reach of our current enemies like The Wraith and Lucian Alliance (unless the Wraith somehow learned it's location and found a way to make it there).

It may be that one planet may not have everything we need in the way of resources, but if we need to build three bases to harness each ore like Trinium, Naqueda and Neutronium and place a shipyard or two on each of those planets it'd still be a fine thing to do IMO, just make some cargo ships to ferry materials to and from each location.
              Ida could hold some strategic value if it's located between MW and PG, if it's not then scratch that, just thought it may be worth a mention.

Comment

That's a good idea, seeing as the Ida galaxy is peaceful. (I don't think the Asgard would consent in living in a violent galaxy.)
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

This is a good idea however, Ida might have once been very rich in resources, however you have to remember it was a galaxy that was until very recently dominated by War, a war that involved a race (The Replicators) that eat resources.

Most of Ida's resources where most likely lost in the war due to the Replicators using it to make more Replicators. Alos the newest Asgard homeworld, a planet most likely chosen for being rich in any remain resources is now destroyed.

However, the Milkway is now full of unused replicator blocks... therefore I wonder if you could collect and mine them to retake the resources?
                  sigpic
                  Banner Made By Me for Me
                  The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

stupid idea, the logistics and 1 billion other dangers dont weight up to the benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                      stupid idea, the logistics and 1 billion other dangers dont weight up to the benefits.
                      what dangers? as long as there are no other enemys in the ida galaxy and we can find a suitable planet then i dont see any dangers. and the benefits would be a fleet of like 50 ships in like a couple of years and then 50 more every next couple of years.id say thats well worth any possible dangers.

and the reason i chose ida was because even if our enemys found out about it they wouldnt be able to get there whereas in the MW, they would be able to get to it. and i mean building it in ida is really no different than building it in the MW because as long as we build some Nutrino Ion generators to power both gates to allow 2-way travel it would be the same as building it in MW. the only difference is that there would proboly be a delay of like a week to get a ship there but as long as there are no enemys in ida we would never need a ship. and once the facilitys opperational and were building a lot of ships it wouldnt be much of a problem to leave like 3 ships in orbit just in case or some kind of defensive net.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

first, you'd have to dial intergalactic many times, which sucks up power (and NIGs cost much money aswel), or you have to send a ship there several times, and that costs TONS of money too. also, not to mention that the ship you send cant be used for earth defence, keeping MW in check with all it's dangers (the situation now is very dangerous, the FJN is a ticking nuke, so are the ori followers, so are the wraith, so are the lucian alliance, and so are the 10000 other planets).

Ida is far away. also, out there, there's nobody to help SHOULD something go wrong. an accident, an invasion of a never-before-seen foe, the lucian alliance being smart enough to blow up a star to fly intergalactic. malfunctioning of any component. also, the resources have to be sent there.

not to mention highly advanced asgard technology blueprints are gonna be there (or you have to ferry everything which isnt cheap either), which is superdangerous.

did i mention needing a large shipyard and a few hundred people to pay to be in annother galaxy far from home, far from any help and any family in a secret facility doing secret stuff and thus costing a ton of money?

the people from the SGC get alot of money. (like Mkcay just buying a car for jeanie just like they're flowers).

a 304 has 200+ people, all getting a fat paycheck. then there's a ton of people to get the naquahdah to run these ships, then there's the non-cheap intergalactic dial.

it doesnt add up. we only get more ships to man with an expensive crew, and have to enlarge mining operations increasing the cost.

it doesnt add up. use the money from what you suggest to stabilize the MW and actually PREVENT the timebomb going off. if the FJN have the wrong people in power, its very bad for us. if the Lucians are smart, they spread Kassa as a free one-off gift for people to "try" , addicting millions and well, if we kill the LA we kill all those people, or have to become drug dealers ourselves

Comment

A sound idea, but we know that A) there are race(s) with in IDA galaxy that are more advance than the Asgard and we do not know if they are friendly or not,
                          B) If there are other races that survive the replicator wars then we need to know the galactic politics first before setting up bases, we should at least learnt that from the Pegasus galaxy.

If the above both prove negative then using Ida as a base to acquire resources and potential military launching pad an a safe haven and out of reach from our enemies it would make sense to use it.

But we know virtually zero about the IDA galaxy and considering Asgard surprise of finding out that the Replicators had access to other technologies I guesting the Asgard have not discovered everything about the galaxy neither so the core may not help a lot. That persuming the replicators were kept with in one galaxy by the Asgard.

Comment

replicators were in many galaxies, so were the asgard. also, Dakara only activated in the MW. if replicarter was even remotely smart, she had kept a repliqueen in annother galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                              That's a good idea, seeing as the Ida galaxy is peaceful. (I don't think the Asgard would consent in living in a violent galaxy.)
                              Oh it's peaceful now, wait till we get there, guaranteed the base will get into trouble at least 20 times a year.

Comment

Working...
                              X