PDA

View Full Version : SG1 Viewer's Choice marathon

prion
August 4th, 2009, 08:16 AM
From SyFy:

Vote For Your Favorite Episodes

In ten seasons, the Stargate SG-1 team explored the farthest reaches of the galaxy and defended Earth from extraterrestrial threats large and small. Their journeys have ended, but you can relive the adventure by casting your vote below for the Stargate SG-1 Fan Favorite Marathon, airing on Syfy Friday, September 25 at 8 AM/7c.

Choose up to ten of your favorite Stargate SG-1 episodes. Voting closes August 28, so take a step through the gate and vote now!

http://www.syfy.com/stargate/poll/

jenks
August 4th, 2009, 05:54 PM
I voted despite not watching the channel :p

Meridian
Full Circle
Heroes Part 1
Heroes Part 2
Lost City Part 1
Lost City Part 2
Reckoning Part 1
Reckoning Part 2
Threads
The Pegasus Project

Orion Antreas
August 4th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Bane
The First Commandment
Emancipation
Watergate
Wormhole X-treme!
Nightwalker
Resurrection
Affinity
Shadow Play
Sight Unseen

EDIT: Pffft...If someone thought that was real, I would feel so sorry. :P

This is the real list:

The Fifth Race
Heroes, Part I
Heroes, Part II
Lost City, Part I
Lost City, Part II
Reckoning, Part I
Reckoning, Part II
Threads
The Pegasus Project

I have more, that were very close, so here is an honorable mention of them:

Nemesis; The Tok'ra, Part I; The Tok'ra, Part II; Window of Opportunity; Exodus; Enemies; Between Two Fires; Summit; Last Stand; Meridian; Revelations; Fallen; Homecoming; Evolution, Part I; Evolution, Part II; New Order, Part I; New Order, Part II; Avalon, Part I; Avalon, Part II; Origin; Ripple Effect; Stronghold; Camelot; Flesh and Blood; The Road Not Taken; Dominion.

So yeah, a lot more than I thought, but all of these episodes I love and wish I could see them in a viewer's choice marathon. Heh, I guess you can only see so much of 10 years worth of content in a day. :P

JacksonClone
August 4th, 2009, 09:08 PM
I picked my 10!

* The Fifth Race
* Window of Opportunity
* Heroes Part 1
* Heroes Part 2
* Lost City Part 1
* Lost City Part 2
* Moebius Part 1
* Moebius Part 2
* The Pegasus Project
* The Road Not Taken

I hated that 6 of my picks were two-parters, but I thought the 3 I picked were so good!

I doubt anyone here would argue with The Fifth Race, Window of Opportunity, Heroes (1 & 2), and Lost City (1 & 2).

Moebius (1 & 2) would have been a good ending for SG-1, I thought. It kinda takes the team full circle, in a way mirroring how their adventures began (began on Abydos under Ra's rule, then went to Chulak under Apophis' rule and picking up Teal'c. In Moebius, you go to Chulak under Apophis' rule and pick up Teal'c, then go back in time to ancient Egypt under Ra's rule).

The Pegasus Project was a good cross-over episode. I might even say better than some Atlantis stand-alone episodes for that same time frame. I'm glad Stargate did one, and did it well at that.

The Road Not Taken is just a personal favorite of mine. I think it gets back to some of what Science Fiction does best: phrase real-world current/potential problems in such a way as to show why stuff in real life should/shouldn't be a certain way. Besides, General Hammond came back so I've got to give it a personal thumbs up. :hammond15:

leiasky
August 5th, 2009, 07:53 AM
Ohh, thanks for posting the link. I voted! It was tough to choose only 10.

Teal'c_PI
August 5th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Thank you for the link!

My votes:

1. Tangent
2. 2010
3. 2001
4. Descent
5. Abyss
6. The Other Guys
7. Disclosure
8. Memento (not Momento, as it was spelled on the site...)
9. Enemy Mine
10. The Pegasus Project

Briangate78
August 7th, 2009, 07:07 AM
It's cool having SGA and SG-1 back to back 5pm and 6pm during the week! Looking forward to a marathon!

Bytor
August 9th, 2009, 05:20 PM
It's cool having SGA and SG-1 back to back 5pm and 6pm during the week! Looking forward to a marathon!

You do own the DVD's, do you not?

leiasky
August 10th, 2009, 07:30 AM
It's still nice to see them airing again:)

The Prof
August 13th, 2009, 11:56 PM
Looking at that list really surprised me. There are only 3 good episodes in season 7(5 if you dont count the 2 parters as 1)!

Heroes
Inauguration
Lost City

leiasky
August 14th, 2009, 08:11 AM
Yet that season produced, arguably, some of the best episodes in the entire series run.

StargateHERO
August 16th, 2009, 04:15 PM
my votes are:

Into The Fire
Divide and Conquer
Window of Opportunity
Prometheus Unbound
Threads
Avalon (1 & 2)
The Pegasus Project
Memento Mori