Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HI new girl! made an odd discovery john/bigfoot? really though...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HI new girl! made an odd discovery john/bigfoot? really though...

ok first, i hope that i am doing this correctly! if not i humbly apologize! I would also like to say it is great to be a part of such a great online community! i have surveyed this place for sometime and have finally decided to become a part of it!

Secondly, go easy on me i hope i am posting in the right place....

whilst parousing the imdb for sanctuary info, i discovered a bit of shocking information and while i tried to search the forum that this information has already been disclosed and therefore assuring i am not being redundant, i found nothing. so forgive me if i am over stepping.

So, i was looking at chris heyerdahls imdb and it says that he is bigfoot! I thought what the heck? Are they just trying to save on extras? Has IMDB made a folly of some sort? is he bigfoot? (because im pretty sure they have been in the same scenes together? and to top it off big foot gets sick and and roams about....and uh pretty sure he opens the door for druitt in revelations..could be some handy green screening....maybe john can split himself in two lol....
    he also tries to kill bigfoot in the webisode...

it didnt make any sense and i begin to trust imdb less and less...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0382216/

check it out...

and also, why does no one like ashley? that stumps me.....

thanks for reading my post and again please let me know if i am doing this wrong...

In the webisode version of Sanctuary Bigfoot was bodied by Dan payne and, I think, Chris did the voice. As far as I know in the TV version Chris is Bigfoot in both body and voice, and by the miracle of CGI Chris's characters can appear together.
    sigpic

Comment

thanks for the speedy response! seriously though? how and why? why wouldnt they just used someone else for that part?

Comment

At a guess I would say money was a driver here. If you're paying Chris to be in the series you might as well use the guy as much as possible. Why pay 2 actors when 1 will do. Especially if one of his characters is made up as heavily as bigfoot is. Chris does do a very good job as the 2 characters. Would you have known that he was Bigfoot if you hadn't found it on IMDB? And does it change the way you view the character?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by allfornot View Post
          thanks for the speedy response! seriously though? how and why? why wouldnt they just used someone else for that part?
          On the other side of the coin why wouldn't they?

This might not be your intention but it sounds like you a bit disgruntled about it?

Do you realise that most of Sanctuary, including the sets are in fact virtual? that it's mostly all done on green screen? That makes it a lot easier for them to use actors in different characters and have them interact with each other. Shows often use an actor they like in multiple roles especially if the roles involve a lot of prosthetics and the actors face is heavily disguised. Look at Alex Zahara's profile on IMDB to see how many different roles he's played on SG1! I think it's about 7-8ish.

As has been said it might simply be a cost issue - they can pay Chris one higher fee for his work on the show rather than paying Chris his fee and then hiring other people as well. Of course that's only guessing.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by allfornot
            I belive Chris bring's something to the charater that makes his charater more human like with what he done for playing Todd there was something in what he done that made the character realy stand out like we see Bigfoot still has his animal side but he's also like a big brother and a butler etc .

I dont think it's all about the money it's the love of acting and exploring new charater's and what can be done with those charater's so much can be done with boath Druitt and Bigfoot .

There just my thought's i could be wrong

CH is an awsome actor and i love seeing him as Druitt and Bigfoot and i cant wait to see season 2
            sigpic
            (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

it's also possible that they literally couldn't afford to hire another actor for the recurring role of bigfoot. Or that bigfoot's role was supposed to be smaller than it ended up being, maybe it was originally meant to be a cameo and ended up being a major supporting role

thing change all the time.

as to other actors playing multiple roles, Dion Johnstone on SG-1. played about half a dozen aliens i think, and eventually appeared as 'himself' (without makeup)
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SeaBee View Post
                In the webisode version of Sanctuary Bigfoot was bodied by Dan payne and, I think, Chris did the voice. As far as I know in the TV version Chris is Bigfoot in both body and voice, and by the miracle of CGI Chris's characters can appear together.
                Didn't Dan only do some of the scenes? Like where Druitt and Bigfoot were in both? And where he scares Will as a kid??
                -

Comment

Originally posted by Mousie View Post
                  On the other side of the coin why wouldn't they?

This might not be your intention but it sounds like you a bit disgruntled about it?

Do you realise that most of Sanctuary, including the sets are in fact virtual? that it's mostly all done on green screen? That makes it a lot easier for them to use actors in different characters and have them interact with each other. Shows often use an actor they like in multiple roles especially if the roles involve a lot of prosthetics and the actors face is heavily disguised. Look at Alex Zahara's profile on IMDB to see how many different roles he's played on SG1! I think it's about 7-8ish.

As has been said it might simply be a cost issue - they can pay Chris one higher fee for his work on the show rather than paying Chris his fee and then hiring other people as well. Of course that's only guessing.

I am neither disgruntled nor hesitant about it. I was just stumped. In fact i rather applaud the entire shows cast and crew for their fantastic job! I never would have known that was him otherwise. I know for the most part it is primarily green screen which is amazing for the what they have accomplished! I was a little sad because I thought they would evolve BF into another charector as a suprise or something...they still could i suppose...the glamour however has left it since i know its chris.

Comment

by the way..how come no one will answer my question about ashley?

Comment

I happen to love Ashley. She's my favorite character.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm not seeing anyone not liking ashley. right now, with all the promotion that's going on emilie hasn't been a part of it. so nothing really to talk about with her.
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I think we were all concentrating on the bigger question. I like Ashley (except her hairstyle in Sanctuary) and I love her relationship with Helen. I'm happy to see more of her next season.
                          sigpic

Comment

What i meant by the ashley comment is that from what i have read it would seem that no one really likes her except a small amount of us...like people think they are chosing her over AT which is silly...(take no offense, i just speak my mind a little too freely)
                            anyway about ashley/emilie what i mean to say about people not liking her role/acting...people seem more interested in BF and tesla..and while i still enjoy these charectors immensely, the role ashley plays amazes me! Being an actor myself, the role she has taken on has to be one the hardest one can do...the complexity of her situation and all that consists of her; she portrays it briliantly...in fact everyone on the show does an amazing job! Gotta give to AT! Stinking briliantly!

But I have to say there is one in particular that i cannot stand but i shall not say as to not make enemies here....

Comment

and also, why does no one like ashley? that stumps me.....
                              i like ashley!

she's helen's daughter, and i'd like to see more history on her childhood and just about her all together.
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X