An end to the Wraith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An end to the Wraith?

A couple of days ago I was thinking how SGA ended without an end to the Wraith problem. So I started to brainstorm and this is what I came up with. If somone [ : Sam or :mckay ] can find a way to reprogram the Ark of Truth to brainwash The Hive queens into thinking humans should not be fead upon they would pass the message down to thier followers throgh thier telepothy. But they would have to do it to each hive queen so not to make it to easy for them. Obviously there are other ways to stop the Wraith but to me this one is the most interesting. Questions? Other ideas? Comments? Also if anyone thought of this before me and made a thread about it that I don't know about then I'm sorry and don't mean to steal your thunder.

make sure todd is in power when all hell breaks loose. he's the onyl remotely trustable wraith. also, actively seek out and protect any advanced civilisation

Comment

When do you think people are going to start coming to this thread? I hope it isn't going to be one of the threads that only end up being 2 pages long and then people forget about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean 7921 View Post
        When do you think people are going to start coming to this thread? I hope it isn't going to be one of the threads that only end up being 2 pages long and then people forget about it.
        Don't worry

Its a good idea..nut you would have to find all the queens and that could be difficult
        WHAT REALLY HAPPENED IN WW2!

Spoiler:
        Germany Chiefed Poland.
        England broke their NAP with Germany because Poland was their ally.
        England and its allies defend from German attacks, but suffer heavy losses as Germany has level 10 rams.
        France got Chiefed.
        Japan decided to scout America.
        America got pissed off, and sent a couple waves with 10k Imperians at them, with 1k catapults for sh!ts & giggles.
        America cut Japan to 90 pop.
        Germany sends a Chieftain Train at the USSR, gets loyalty down to 1.
        USSR builds up troops with their lvl 20 resources and lvl 20 barracks before the Chieftains can hit again. Walls go back up to level 20. German Chiefs were all destroyed.
        Germany just keeps sending troops although it's clear they cannot take USSR.
        Eventually troops run out since USSR can produce them faster.
        USSR, Britain and the USA simultaneously hit Germany with their own Chieftains, and Chiefs.
        Hitler deleted his account...
        USSR, change their name to Russia...

Comment

One possible flaw with the idea is that it has been stated that the Ark can only force someone to see the truth as opposed to brainwashing them into doing whatever you want them to. Even Adria couldn't alter it to do that. There may be ways around that in the Wraith situation however. Perhaps something along the lines of getting them to see the truth that there are better ways of sustaining themselves than killing humans.

Even so, I commend you on trying to find an approach to solving the Wraith problem without resorting to killing them all. I know that's the route most others (including me) tend to take.

Oh, and as for the longevity of the thread, I've started threads before which have only gotten one reply before dropping like a stone to the bottom of the last page so your not doing too badly with this one.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantean 7921 View Post
            A couple of days ago I was thinking how SGA ended without an end to the Wraith problem. So I started to brainstorm and this is what I came up with. If somone [ : Sam or :mckay ] can find a way to reprogram the Ark of Truth to brainwash The Hive queens into thinking humans should not be fead upon they would pass the message down to thier followers throgh thier telepothy. But they would have to do it to each hive queen so not to make it to easy for them. Obviously there are other ways to stop the Wraith but to me this one is the most interesting. Questions? Other ideas? Comments? Also if anyone thought of this before me and made a thread about it that I don't know about then I'm sorry and don't mean to steal your thunder.
            I think your approach of using the Ark as a tool to change the Wraith's way of thinking is a good one, but like many plans that could be used for ending their reign it's really only part of the puzzle IMO.
            You have to remember the Ancients did have that piece of tech at their disposal, even though they weren't willing to use it against the Ori, the Ori were Alteran and pretty much identical to the Ancients (except in their core beliefs), so even though canon doesn't lean towards the Ancients having tried using the Ark Of Truth against the Wraith, we at least know that they could have.

Anyway my point is limiting ourselves to just using one approach in defeating the Wraith, only leaves us with one strategy which the Wraith may, at some point down the line be able to counter (unlikely with the AoT I know but not impossible given they are an ingenious bunch), unless their ability to communicate over long distances telepathically with one another could be exploited in quick time and from the moment the plan was executed.

Other strategies/tools which I know others and myself have mentioned in the past are leaving the Wraith factions to continue fighting it out with each other, weakening themselves, with us giving them a nudge here and there, perhaps spamming the more powerful factions to make sure whoever is eventually victorious in the end isn't more than we and our allies could handle.
            Setting up a galaxy wide sensor network to monitor Wraith ship movements, which we currently don't have, but with the Asgard knowledge could probably implement IMO, to then allow us the ability to hit the Wraith BAMSR style.
            More ships would of course come in useful, but those will come over time.
            Improvements in power sources and other tech stuff on our vessels to make them more resilient against the Wraith and other enemies in general would be useful.
            As another Gateworlder above mentioned we have our connection to Todd so that can be used against the species as a whole, assuming Todd still holds any meaningful rank amongst his people.
            The retrovirus shown in season 5 of SGA is another possibility.

Really it depends on the route you wanna take.
            If you'd like an all out annihilation of the Wraith as a species then there are a number of ways that can be achieved, although the Ancients did have some pretty awesome weapons and we know practically nothing of their strategies to know we'd be able to do much better in an all out war with the Wraith in their prime (I doubt we're seeing them in the prime condition given it's been 10,000 odd years since they fought a true power), they've just been dealing with pretty weak farmers since the Ancients left.

If you wanna go the peaceful route then leave them to fight it out with each other and offer them other solutions to their food shortage problems, like cloning which we know they have the tech for, we can certainly make mindless Asgard bodies, so mindless Humans should be pretty easy for them, then there's Keller's solution as mentioned above.

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
              You have to remember the Ancients did have that piece of tech at their disposal, even though they weren't willing to use it against the Ori, the Ori were Alteran and pretty much identical to the Ancients (except in their core beliefs), so even though canon doesn't lean towards the Ancients having tried using the Ark Of Truth against the Wraith, we at least know that they could have.
              Yes, but the technology may well have been lost in the 50+ million years between the Alterans' departure from the Ori galaxy and the Lanteans' war against the Wraith.

First of all, it was a technology that they considered "immoral." Thus, they may well have intentionally "forgotten" how to make it, and let records of its existence fade into obscurity and myth.

Seconds, you have to remember that, when the Lanteans fled the Milky Way, they were essentially the last remnants of a collapsing civilization. To use a real world analogy, when the Roman Empire collapsed, many of their technologies (mortar, arches, etc.) were lost for centuries.
              "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
              - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
              - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
              - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Is it wrong for Wraith to feed on humans? For us, yes, of course it is. But, to live, they must kill us. So is it wrong in their minds? No. We kill plants, and animals to survive. They kill humans. The Ark can only convince people of the truth. When the truth isn't absolute, and is tainted by perspective, the Ark is useless. You can change faith, because faith can't be proven, that's why it's called "faith", but you can't change the fact that they need to feed on humans to survive unless you change the equation itself, as in converting a Wraith into a human. As a wraith, the truth is, eat humans, or die. Humans are livestock to them, as sheep and cows are to humans.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

They're out of the **** now. If they go back and make even more trouble in that 3 million ly away galaxy that is just beyond retarded.

Pick a new galaxy to screw up, they've done an admirable job on Pegasus already, or better yet just stay home until they can evolve past ideas like "evil species born wrong, solve problem with gun hurr". The next group they piss off might be able and willing to torch the whole Earth just to wipe out the stupidity those bumbling goons reflect back on the lot of us.

Besides they destroyed the box of Deus ex Machina didn't they. If they didn't they'd be better off using it on themselves, if it really does show "truth" that is.

Get a Wraith queen and a person like Sheppard or a commander like Landry and let them both look into it together. Then they'll see that the "truth" of their situation is that one only kills the other because it must and they can solve that problem instead of fighting over who's the bigger bunch of dicks.

Comment

i wouldnt want a powerful piece of technology capable of brainwashing anyone to be taken to another galaxy on board of a hive FULL of hungry wraith, find the queen and brainwash her, oh look she just kills you and takes the device...

Comment

And even if they did convert a ship, what's that going to do? The Queens aren't interconnected, except through telekinesis, and that requires proximity. And it will work only so many times before a mistake is made, a prisoner escapes, and bam. Operation Wraith is a bust.
                      If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                      Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                      If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                      Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

the Ark can fire through solid matter (see AOT). so, you could put it on the deadalus, face it down, activate and do a flyby.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                          the Ark can fire through solid matter (see AOT). so, you could put it on the deadalus, face it down, activate and do a flyby.
                          I've seen AoT but can't recall it bypassing solid matter or even firing anything for that matter.

Any quotes/pics as proof?
                          sigpic

Comment

What about some sort of fleshing eating virus, that attacks the organic systems of Wraith ships. It could be delivered in rail gun ammo. Missile wouldn't be any good as a delivery system, as they could be easily intercepted or shot down by darts.
                            sigpic
                            "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
                            Signature made by RJB

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                              Then they'll see that the "truth" of their situation is that one only kills the other because it must and they can solve that problem instead of fighting over who's the bigger bunch of dicks.
                              That's not entirely accurate: the Wraith have to kill humans to feed, the humans have to kill Wraith to avoid being fed upon.

Of course, the retrovirus eliminates that problems from both sides: the Wraith no longer have to feed, and thus the humans no longer have to defend themselves.
                              "From East Middle School. Suzumiya Haruhi. I have no interest in ordinary humans. If there are any aliens, time travelers, sliders, or espers here, come join me."
                              - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya; Best Character Introduction Ever.

"And can we lose the ten thousand year old dead plants?!"
                              - Stargate: Atlantis (1x03) "Hide and Seek"

"Hammerheads do not load/unload units immediately – they must descend to ground level first. Initial experiments involving jump-jetting infantry into the Hammerhead’s cargo compartment met with unfortunate results."
                              - Command&Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath Hammerhead Unit Spotlight

Comment

Working...
                              X